Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,340 members, 7,780,896 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:27 AM

How A Nairalander Was Scammed By A "Nigerian Defense Academy Staff" - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How A Nairalander Was Scammed By A "Nigerian Defense Academy Staff" (14920 Views)

How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job / How I Was Scammed In Lagos: My 2 Weeks Experience In A Hotel / Nigerian Defense Academy 70th Regular Course Recruit 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How A Nairalander Was Scammed By A "Nigerian Defense Academy Staff" by PROVERBZ(m): 2:47pm On Jan 10, 2017
OK today about 10am in the morning , my dad rushed back from work called me and then handed me his phone, the man on the other end of the line claimed to be an officer by name ayuba working at the nigerian defence academy in Kaduna,
we was saying something about the school re inviting me again for another interview after I had already been disqualified by the board earlier last year.

My dad had put in a lot of effort in order for me to get admitted. into that school so that it was a great news to us more like a second chance for us we drop all our suspicions of the call being a scam when the caller mentioned my full name and the name of my dad, at this point we were willing to do any thing cuz the news kind of sounded true.

The caller now asked for payment so he could buy us form we live in jos so it was a relief because he said the administration would stop selling the purchasing of this form as from tomorrow

We then enquired how we would make the payment, he said we should send mtn recharge card of 3000 naira and send to him

My dad knew how much I wanted to be at the academy so he didn't want the blame on him may be because he didn't do enough so he bought the card and sent it to him

Then we asked him what's next he told us to wait he would get in touch with us, after some time he called back again saying he had to do something about medicals and it required 7000 naira now my dad began doubting him as he refused to give us his account name and number for payment he was insisting on payment in form of recharge cards my dad refused

Then he became furious and said if we don't believe in him we should just forget and he refused to refund the money we sent to him earlier on

We tried calling him since then but his phone has been switched if since then
I don't understand how people live by scamming other people

The surprise about this is how he got my contact information I only submitted this to Nigerian defence academy so this scammer must be somebody who works at the academy

If Nigeria was a better country I might have considered sewing them to court

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: How A Nairalander Was Scammed By A "Nigerian Defense Academy Staff" by ReorxTohGan(m): 2:53pm On Jan 10, 2017
Tho I didn't read the whole story,buh truly sorry for ur loss!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How A Nairalander Was Scammed By A "Nigerian Defense Academy Staff" by Airborne02(m): 2:54pm On Jan 10, 2017
Sorry Op. U guys have been told countless times that defence dnt contact pple who miss wen u have interview u are to face bord if not nothing can b done.. Sorry abt it thou

3 Likes

Re: How A Nairalander Was Scammed By A "Nigerian Defense Academy Staff" by saxwizard(m): 3:05pm On Jan 10, 2017
sorry bout that
Re: How A Nairalander Was Scammed By A "Nigerian Defense Academy Staff" by pointblank247(m): 3:07pm On Jan 10, 2017
i just like your sincerity by admitting u were duped just 3k. some nairalanders i know will claim 300k

56 Likes

Re: How A Nairalander Was Scammed By A "Nigerian Defense Academy Staff" by ONITIJU1: 3:21pm On Jan 10, 2017
WHY IS IT ALWAYS LIKE THIS? TO GET TO THE HIGHER INSTITUTION IS ALSO A PROBLEM, WHY NIGERIA?

5 Likes

Re: How A Nairalander Was Scammed By A "Nigerian Defense Academy Staff" by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jan 10, 2017
Probably a clerk at the place with access to the incoming applications. It happens in many government places. Just be ware when someone offers help with a price tag.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How A Nairalander Was Scammed By A "Nigerian Defense Academy Staff" by Remilekun101: 3:53pm On Jan 10, 2017
shocked
Re: How A Nairalander Was Scammed By A "Nigerian Defense Academy Staff" by alegbeleye(m): 3:54pm On Jan 10, 2017
the scammer probably on nairaland reading the post with his squad like.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How A Nairalander Was Scammed By A "Nigerian Defense Academy Staff" by dfrost: 3:55pm On Jan 10, 2017
Pèlé ooo. OP you made a mistake in your spelling somewhere. Please search and correct.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How A Nairalander Was Scammed By A "Nigerian Defense Academy Staff" by adewumiopeyemi(m): 3:55pm On Jan 10, 2017
na waooo cool cool cool
Re: How A Nairalander Was Scammed By A "Nigerian Defense Academy Staff" by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jan 10, 2017
Eeya..
Re: How A Nairalander Was Scammed By A "Nigerian Defense Academy Staff" by 48noble(m): 3:57pm On Jan 10, 2017
check ur friends.... one of them could be responsible for #3k scam...

15 Likes

Re: How A Nairalander Was Scammed By A "Nigerian Defense Academy Staff" by switchlain: 3:57pm On Jan 10, 2017
Pele .. If it were to be for other rank I for hook u up.. But NDA na long thing ...
Re: How A Nairalander Was Scammed By A "Nigerian Defense Academy Staff" by Mskrisx(f): 3:57pm On Jan 10, 2017
Sorry dear.
Re: How A Nairalander Was Scammed By A "Nigerian Defense Academy Staff" by Araoluwa005(m): 3:58pm On Jan 10, 2017
summary please
Re: How A Nairalander Was Scammed By A "Nigerian Defense Academy Staff" by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jan 10, 2017
pointblank247:
i just like your sincerity by admitting u were duped just 3k. some nairalanders i know will claim 300k

3k is not just

1 Like

Re: How A Nairalander Was Scammed By A "Nigerian Defense Academy Staff" by Divay22(f): 3:58pm On Jan 10, 2017
Sorri op sad sad sad...
Scam everywhere
Re: How A Nairalander Was Scammed By A "Nigerian Defense Academy Staff" by daniska3yaro(m): 3:59pm On Jan 10, 2017
Hmmm
Re: How A Nairalander Was Scammed By A "Nigerian Defense Academy Staff" by free2ryhme: 3:59pm On Jan 10, 2017
PROVERBZ:
OK today about 10am in the morning , my dad rushed back from work called me and then handed me his phone, the man on the other end of the line claimed to be an officer by name ayuba working at the nigerian defence academy in Kaduna,
we was saying something about the school re inviting me again for another interview after I had already been disqualified by the board earlier last year.

My dad had put in a lot of effort in order for me to get admitted. into that school so that it was a great news to us more like a second chance for us we drop all our suspicions of the call being a scam when the caller mentioned my full name and the name of my dad, at this point we were willing to do any thing cuz the news kind of sounded true.

The caller now asked for payment so he could buy us form we live in jos so it was a relief because he said the administration would stop selling the purchasing of this form as from tomorrow

We then enquired how we would make the payment, he said we should send mtn recharge card of 3000 naira and send to him

My dad knew how much I wanted to be at the academy so he didn't want the blame on him may be because he didn't do enough so he bought the card and sent it to him

Then we asked him what's next he told us to wait he would get in touch with us, after some time he called back again saying he had to do something about medicals and it required 7000 naira now my dad began doubting him as he refused to give us his account name and number for payment he was insisting on payment in form of recharge cards my dad refused

Then he became furious and said if we don't believe in him we should just forget and he refused to refund the money we sent to him earlier on

The surprise about this is how he got my contact information I only submitted this to Nigerian defence academy so this scammer must be somebody who works at the academy

Did you report the phone number and dealings to efcc

Cos phone numbers are registered and can be used to trace the real culprity

4 Likes

Re: How A Nairalander Was Scammed By A "Nigerian Defense Academy Staff" by osolee(m): 4:00pm On Jan 10, 2017
shocked shocked
Re: How A Nairalander Was Scammed By A "Nigerian Defense Academy Staff" by SmartyPants(m): 4:02pm On Jan 10, 2017
PROVERBZ:

abeg o, please don't sew our Defence Academy to court bros...are you a tailor? tongue

You sent 3, 000 naira to someone over the phone and you want the whole world to cry with you or what? just 3, 000 for that matter. Why would the busy staff at the NDA offer to buy you the form for you when he doesn't know you from anywhere? Plus you were obviously not qualified. Next time, stop and think.

4 Likes

Re: How A Nairalander Was Scammed By A "Nigerian Defense Academy Staff" by dfrost: 4:02pm On Jan 10, 2017
free2ryhme:

Some cell numbers could be burners.
Re: How A Nairalander Was Scammed By A "Nigerian Defense Academy Staff" by refiner(f): 4:03pm On Jan 10, 2017
sad
Re: How A Nairalander Was Scammed By A "Nigerian Defense Academy Staff" by DrObum(m): 4:03pm On Jan 10, 2017
Maga fall, guy man chop am!

2 Likes

Re: How A Nairalander Was Scammed By A "Nigerian Defense Academy Staff" by fammo: 4:03pm On Jan 10, 2017
Someone who knows how desperate you are to enter NDA did it. Not a staff from the academy

1 Like

Re: How A Nairalander Was Scammed By A "Nigerian Defense Academy Staff" by linearity: 4:04pm On Jan 10, 2017
He does not need to work at NDA to have access to your name and info on your dad.

Based on your statements, you have been to NDA interview before and was disqualified at the board screening stage.

Names of all candidates called to an interview at NDA are usually printed on national dailies or some public places, including their state of origin.

7 Likes

Re: How A Nairalander Was Scammed By A "Nigerian Defense Academy Staff" by room089: 4:06pm On Jan 10, 2017
Scammers everywhere!

That was how one called me yesterday claiming to be a certain medical doctor I don't even know. He mentioned my full name and date of birth before going further to ask me if I can handle medical supplies bla bla bla!

People need to be extremely careful these days!

2 Likes

Re: How A Nairalander Was Scammed By A "Nigerian Defense Academy Staff" by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jan 10, 2017
free2ryhme:

how can we report such situation to efcc?
Re: How A Nairalander Was Scammed By A "Nigerian Defense Academy Staff" by lovinam: 4:08pm On Jan 10, 2017
As per jack Bauer na!! If I hear
dfrost:

Some cell numbers could be burners.

1 Like

Re: How A Nairalander Was Scammed By A "Nigerian Defense Academy Staff" by Koolking(m): 4:08pm On Jan 10, 2017
PROVERBZ:

People are still scammed with this kind of scope? The swindler's scope is archaic.

His mentioned of fee payable by recharge card was more than enough reason to decode his ulterior intention.

Op, you are surprised the idiot knew your details? Never be. You were scammed by one of the admin officers in charge of applicants' data and or a friend/dude disposed to your personal details in your former schools.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Job Vacancies For October-December 2014(Updated) / Work Experience Program By Federal Ministry Of Youth And Sports Development / Massive Graduate & Experienced Recruitment At Fhi 360 (over 40 Positions) 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.