Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,259 members, 7,807,890 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:54 PM

Sephora Ikalaba Crowned Miss Helsinki 2017 Amid Controversy (Photos) - Fashion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Sephora Ikalaba Crowned Miss Helsinki 2017 Amid Controversy (Photos) (38817 Views)

Toni-Ann Singh Crowned Miss World 2019 (Photos) / HIV Positive, Horcelie Sinda Wa Mbongo, Crowned Miss Congo UK 2017 (photo) / Sephora Iklaba, Winner Of Miss Helsinki Vs The First Runner Up (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sephora Ikalaba Crowned Miss Helsinki 2017 Amid Controversy (Photos) by dsocioemmy(m): 2:08pm On Jan 11, 2017
How i wish all these beauty contest comes with brain..
Re: Sephora Ikalaba Crowned Miss Helsinki 2017 Amid Controversy (Photos) by sunshineV(f): 2:16pm On Jan 11, 2017
Body of a 19 years old....face of a 35 years old. #naija I hail o grin
Re: Sephora Ikalaba Crowned Miss Helsinki 2017 Amid Controversy (Photos) by zedman1(m): 2:21pm On Jan 11, 2017
Realhommie:
How ur own face be, shebi na she create herself Bad belle, it's allowed sha...

***Modified***

To all ya saying she ain't pretty and whatnot, she's pretty and unique in her own way.. Too much negativity, na wah.
Eh ehn my guy, everyone is pretty in their own way, we all agree but for this thing called beauty contest wey she take leg Waka go join come win like nu-only her Waka come, Mbanu, all sentiments aside, she no reach, she just win like that...and we don't know why. We're clapping for her, no vex-chairman Association of Sheaintpretty apologizing on behalf of all Members .
Re: Sephora Ikalaba Crowned Miss Helsinki 2017 Amid Controversy (Photos) by zedman1(m): 2:38pm On Jan 11, 2017
dazzlingchick886:
some of us are so enticed with facial beauty that we totally forget abt inner beautiful... my principal will always tell us that 'beauty without brain and character is like a train without an engine'..she must have had something aside facial beauty to make her deserve that crown..if the whites would say she was given that crown cos of her colour,we (Nigerians) should defend her....peace
but sister, it is bad to lie o, do you want us to lie? God doesn't like lies o. We must not lie o, because she's Nigerian? it is not good to lie o, don't lie o. I'm just telling you because I know in these beauty contest whatnot facial beauty is important o, I hate beauty without brain /character but I don't like lies to oo, don't lie o, sorry o.
Re: Sephora Ikalaba Crowned Miss Helsinki 2017 Amid Controversy (Photos) by Virus777: 2:40pm On Jan 11, 2017
shocked
Are you fucking kidding me now? How did that happen?
She's simply ugly with monstrous nose.
Re: Sephora Ikalaba Crowned Miss Helsinki 2017 Amid Controversy (Photos) by Virus777: 2:40pm On Jan 11, 2017
shocked
Are you fucking kidding me now? How did that happen?
She's simply ugly with monstrous nose.
Re: Sephora Ikalaba Crowned Miss Helsinki 2017 Amid Controversy (Photos) by MKO4ever(m): 3:10pm On Jan 11, 2017
Please what is Helsinki oo??
Re: Sephora Ikalaba Crowned Miss Helsinki 2017 Amid Controversy (Photos) by Debra911(f): 3:11pm On Jan 11, 2017
Yea they tried, but black s represented in a wrong way here, white girls will b like, all black girls are ugly.
Re: Sephora Ikalaba Crowned Miss Helsinki 2017 Amid Controversy (Photos) by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jan 11, 2017
Woof! Woof!
Re: Sephora Ikalaba Crowned Miss Helsinki 2017 Amid Controversy (Photos) by delishpot: 5:42pm On Jan 11, 2017
grandstar:

I went to an international school. A Portuguese girl came second in the schools pageant.

She deserved to win.

OK. Never knew that this girl won a school pageant.
I was talking Miss Nigeria you are talking miss international school. Never knew they we're both the same category. Like I said, would Nigerians not complain if a blue eyes, blond hair, white skinned woman wins Miss Nigeria? Na question I ask.
Re: Sephora Ikalaba Crowned Miss Helsinki 2017 Amid Controversy (Photos) by stpat1(m): 5:51pm On Jan 11, 2017
Truth be told.
Its normal if its awkward and unacceptable b to a majority of the populace. The just might have chosen her to prove a point.
Re: Sephora Ikalaba Crowned Miss Helsinki 2017 Amid Controversy (Photos) by ogyunging(m): 6:37pm On Jan 11, 2017
Dah Wan Sef Dey, She Get Strong OTP. Rugged
Re: Sephora Ikalaba Crowned Miss Helsinki 2017 Amid Controversy (Photos) by hon3sty(m): 7:12pm On Jan 11, 2017
rather than condemn lets congratulate her

2 Likes

Re: Sephora Ikalaba Crowned Miss Helsinki 2017 Amid Controversy (Photos) by grandstar(m): 8:23pm On Jan 11, 2017
delishpot:

OK. Never knew that this girl won a school pageant.
I was talking Miss Nigeria you are talking miss international school. Never knew they we're both the same category. Like I said, would Nigerians not complain if a blue eyes, blond hair, white skinned woman wins Miss Nigeria? Na question I ask.

What I said is still very relevant as we were up to a thousand students. Between 2-5% were either foreigners or non-black Nigerians like Lebanese Nigerians.

Can a white person one day win Miss Nigeria? I suspect an Indian who speaks one (or better still 2) of the indigenous languages fluently can win. That would buy over the audience. It would also show she is intelligent.

A lebanese Nigerian was once the vice president of the Lagos State Chamber of Commerce. I think his name was Moukarim of the popular Mouka foam
Re: Sephora Ikalaba Crowned Miss Helsinki 2017 Amid Controversy (Photos) by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jan 11, 2017
Beautiful damsel
Re: Sephora Ikalaba Crowned Miss Helsinki 2017 Amid Controversy (Photos) by unmask: 10:15pm On Jan 11, 2017
dazzlingchick886:
some of us are so enticed with facial beauty that we totally forget abt inner beautiful... my principal will always tell us that 'beauty without brain and character is like a train without an engine'..she must have had something aside facial beauty to make her deserve that crown..if the whites would say she was given that crown cos of her colour,we (Nigerians) should defend her....peace
hello!!!!!......you have to be beautiful to even qualify for a beauty pageant..........

Unfortunately this is not racism.....the girl is ugly.....her crown can't be defended
Re: Sephora Ikalaba Crowned Miss Helsinki 2017 Amid Controversy (Photos) by unmask: 10:19pm On Jan 11, 2017
ayaside:
Beautiful lady.Proud of you.Those who got complaints can compete the next time too and let's see how beautiful they truly are.And for the guys calling her ape and stuffs.That's the same way most Whites see you guys.I guess you could call her your sister. angry
she is Nigerian.... So she qualifies as our sister.....but talk true if Genevieve, omotola, chidinma cucumber and tiwa contest for beauty pageant and tiwa win.....you go gree?

Simply put her beauty cannot be beheld....so there shouldn't be a beholder
Re: Sephora Ikalaba Crowned Miss Helsinki 2017 Amid Controversy (Photos) by ayaside(m): 10:35pm On Jan 11, 2017
unmask:
she is Nigerian.... So she qualifies as our sister.....but talk true if Genevieve, omotola, chidinma cucumber and tiwa contest for beauty pageant and tiwa win.....you go gree?

Simply put her beauty cannot be beheld....so there shouldn't be a beholder
Well..what's the definition of beauty pageant again??Was this contested in Nigeria?She won is all I am saying regardless of what anybody feels like. So,if you got a problem with that,deal with the judges and let her be.

1 Like

Re: Sephora Ikalaba Crowned Miss Helsinki 2017 Amid Controversy (Photos) by dazzlingchick886(f): 7:22am On Jan 12, 2017
raphy:
Ppl like you are good to have around .don't mind these bad mouthing crew here.u are very correct . wink

#smiles# I'm happy I have people who share my view. thanks
Re: Sephora Ikalaba Crowned Miss Helsinki 2017 Amid Controversy (Photos) by dazzlingchick886(f): 7:29am On Jan 12, 2017
zedman1:
but sister, it is bad to lie o, do you want us to lie? God doesn't like lies o. We must not lie o, because she's Nigerian? it is not good to lie o, don't lie o. I'm just telling you because I know in these beauty contest whatnot facial beauty is important o, I hate beauty without brain /character but I don't like lies to oo, don't lie o, sorry o.

lol.not saying any lies,just the obvious...I have seen contests where the prettiest didn't even make it to the first 10...why do u think they call it 'the most beautiful' not 'the prettiest'? I am just saying beauty isn't centered on facial beauty alone...'one man's food is another man's poison' remember... someone sees the beauty u don't.
Re: Sephora Ikalaba Crowned Miss Helsinki 2017 Amid Controversy (Photos) by raphy(m): 9:55am On Jan 12, 2017
dazzlingchick886:

#smiles# I'm happy I have people who share my view. thanks
And you r welcom deary *winks*
Re: Sephora Ikalaba Crowned Miss Helsinki 2017 Amid Controversy (Photos) by zedman1(m): 12:33pm On Jan 12, 2017
dazzlingchick886:

lol.not saying any lies,just the obvious...I have seen contests where the prettiest didn't even make it to the first 10...why do u think they call it 'the most beautiful' not 'the prettiest'? I am just saying beauty isn't centered on facial beauty alone...'one man's food is another man's poison' remember... someone sees the beauty u don't.
Yeah, I understand your points and true, someone sees the beau....but almost everybody is seeing....ok I give up my sister.
Re: Sephora Ikalaba Crowned Miss Helsinki 2017 Amid Controversy (Photos) by unmask: 11:17pm On Jan 12, 2017
ayaside:

Well..what's the definition of beauty pageant again??Was this contested in Nigeria?She won is all I am saying regardless of what anybody feels like. So,if you got a problem with that,deal with the judges and let her be.
we are saying the same thing....the judges did ojoro....but her matter comes in when we try to justify why we are sure the judges did ojoro
Re: Sephora Ikalaba Crowned Miss Helsinki 2017 Amid Controversy (Photos) by London2011(f): 10:15am On Jan 15, 2017
She is CONGOLESE not Nigerian

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Shatu Garko Wins 2021 Miss Nigeria Pageant (Photos) / Make-up Transformation Of A Lady With Scars On The Face / Yoweri Museveni Tells Quiin Abenakyo To Stop Wearing Wig

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.