Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,629 members, 7,801,818 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:26 AM

4 Things To Keep You Motivated When Your Blog Is Failing - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 4 Things To Keep You Motivated When Your Blog Is Failing (3993 Views)

HELP! My 4years Blog Is Missing / How To Stay Motivated When Blogging Isn't Easy / Can I Make Money From Pageviews If My Blog Is Accepted By Google Adsense ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 Things To Keep You Motivated When Your Blog Is Failing by NaijaTechGuy(m): 6:24am On Jan 11, 2017
I decided to write this to encourage all the discouraged bloggers out there. Don't give up till you get to the top.

I know it's possible that you no longer think of blogging the way you used to when you started.
Instead, you now believe that blogging is a bed of thorns and you want to quit blogging.

I've got some questions for you though?

My questions:

1. What's making you think so miserably ?
2. Why are you feeling so disappointed about something that gave you so much excitement?
3. Is blogging as boring as a career?

Certainly Not!!

All you have to do is to to re-invent your own game.

Here are four of the common things about blogging that worry you and solutions to keep you going

1) There are already lots of bloggers

How do you stand out and make a name  for yourself amidst so many other established bloggers?

Imagine if your favorite football team thought “Geez, there are many teams already. We can’t compete with the established teams . Let's just give up on the idea.”

You would have never got your favorite team .

Trust me, you have a great potential and you can surely be the next blogging superstar.

2) Blogging Is Difficult

Blogging definitely needs a lot of patience and will power. It’s very difficult to stand out in a crowded place.

Apparently, you may need to work harder for the first few months. You may have to post regularly and trust me you are doing a great job as your post might just make someone smile and solve their problem.

Your hard work will pay off when people start recognizing your work and become your fan.

3) I don't have any followers:

Nobody's following you? Ask yourself this question:

Have you done any exceptional thing  to make people follow you?

If you were your reader, is there any reason why would you follow your blog?.

In order to get followers you need to produce interesting content.You need to work with others and create a name for yourself. And the best way to do that is to blog .Blog as if it's the last profession in the world. Write classic content and try to solve your readers’ problems.

When your readers will start noticing your work they will definitely try to follow you.So don’t make followers your first priority.
4. I can't expand my blog to a profitable business

The average time it takes a blogger to get popular or make a name in the blogosphere is usually between 3-5 years. NaijaLoaded started in 2009 and gained popularity around 2012, Linda Ikeji started in 2006 and gained popularity around 2010. You have to be consistent and exercise patience.

Blogging is a full-time job for many people
Many professional bloggers are living life lavishly through blogging and are also a source of earning for other bloggers.

They hire content writers, moderators, editors, graphic designers, web designers and so on to enhance their blogging experience.This way they also help these people earn a living.
In the same way, you too can live life with your conditions and also be a source of earning for others.

Blogging gives you all the opportunities to grow.
If you think money is a strong motivator for your growth, just work towards making money from your blog.

Sign up to an affiliate program like Jumia Affiliate  Or apply for AdSense or any other ad networks.

Once you've build your blog, you can get sponsored posts that pay you for writing reviews for products.

Blogging is far more interesting than the easiest job.
You only have to be patient.
What are your secrets to getting motivated? DO write in the comments section.

3 Likes

Re: 4 Things To Keep You Motivated When Your Blog Is Failing by NaijaTechGuy(m): 6:25am On Jan 11, 2017
Re: 4 Things To Keep You Motivated When Your Blog Is Failing by GoodyOG: 7:35am On Jan 11, 2017
NaijaTechGuy:
I decided to write this to encourage all the discouraged bloggers out there. Don't give up till you get to the top.

I know it's possible that you no longer think of blogging the way you used to when you started.
Instead, you now believe that blogging is a bed of thorns and you want to quit blogging.

I've got some questions for you though?

My questions:

1. What's making you think so miserably ?
2. Why are you feeling so disappointed about something that gave you so much excitement?
3. Is blogging as boring as a career?

Certainly Not!!

All you have to do is to to re-invent your own game.

Here are four of the common things about blogging that worry you and solutions to keep you going

1) There are already lots of bloggers

How do you stand out and make a name  for yourself amidst so many other established bloggers?

Imagine if your favorite football team thought “Geez, there are many teams already. We can’t compete with the established teams . Let's just give up on the idea.”

You would have never got your favorite team .

Trust me, you have a great potential and you can surely be the next blogging superstar.

2) Blogging Is Difficult

Blogging definitely needs a lot of patience and will power. It’s very difficult to stand out in a crowded place.

Apparently, you may need to work harder for the first few months. You may have to post regularly and trust me you are doing a great job as your post might just make someone smile and solve their problem.

Your hard work will pay off when people start recognizing your work and become your fan.

3) I don't have any followers:

Nobody's following you? Ask yourself this question:

Have you done any exceptional thing  to make people follow you?

If you were your reader, is there any reason why would you follow your blog?.

In order to get followers you need to produce interesting content.You need to work with others and create a name for yourself. And the best way to do that is to blog .Blog as if it's the last profession in the world. Write classic content and try to solve your readers’ problems.

When your readers will start noticing your work they will definitely try to follow you.So don’t make followers your first priority.
4. I can't expand my blog to a profitable business

The average time it takes a blogger to get popular or make a name in the blogosphere is usually between 3-5 years. NaijaLoaded started in 2009 and gained popularity around 2012, Linda Ikeji started in 2006 and gained popularity around 2010. You have to be consistent and exercise patience.

Blogging is a full-time job for many people
Many professional bloggers are living life lavishly through blogging and are also a source of earning for other bloggers.

They hire content writers, moderators, editors, graphic designers, web designers and so on to enhance their blogging experience.This way they also help these people earn a living.
In the same way, you too can live life with your conditions and also be a source of earning for others.

Blogging gives you all the opportunities to grow.
If you think money is a strong motivator for your growth, just work towards making money from your blog.

Sign up to an affiliate program like Jumia Affiliate  Or apply for AdSense or any other ad networks.

Once you've build your blog, you can get sponsored posts that pay you for writing reviews for products.

Blogging is far more interesting than the easiest job.
You only have to be patient.
What are your secrets to getting motivated? DO write in the comments section.

you have written well naijatechguy.....
actually am a victim of no.1 and no.3...

every day i keep discovering many Nigerian tech blogs and i keep wondering if i would be able to fit in because i start last years November in a mysterious way...i dint know that i would be able to make the blog as it is today...i dint even knew any coding language..it was the tutorial i saw on net i follow...
another problem i'do face is age difference...although non of the people who compliments me on my blog havent met me physically,they thought am 30 yrs above but am just 18yrs.and apart from you who is 19yrs,other bloggers i know is not kess than 25 yrs.

as for no.3,thats is also my problem...when i visit some blogs i see more than 90 comments on a post...i jave very few followers..less than 10 and its really reducing my morael
Re: 4 Things To Keep You Motivated When Your Blog Is Failing by NaijaTechGuy(m): 8:04am On Jan 11, 2017
GoodyOG:

every day i keep discovering many Nigerian tech blogs and i keep wondering if i would be able to fit in because i start last years November in a mysterious way...i dint know that i would be able to make the blog as it is today...i dint even knew any coding language..it was the tutorial i saw on net i follow...
another problem i'do face is age difference...although non of the people who compliments me on my blog havent met me physically,they thought am 30 yrs above but am just 18yrs.and apart from you who is 19yrs,other bloggers i know is not kess than 25 yrs.

as for no.3,thats is also my problem...when i visit some blogs i see more than 90 comments on a post...i jave very few followers..less than 10 and its really reducing my morael

I think everything depends on your writing style. Try to communicate more with your readers. Have an active personal Facebook profile.
Re: 4 Things To Keep You Motivated When Your Blog Is Failing by GoodyOG: 8:20am On Jan 11, 2017
NaijaTechGuy:

I think everything depends on your writing style. Try to communicate more with your readers. Have an active personal Facebook profile.

ok thank a lot
Re: 4 Things To Keep You Motivated When Your Blog Is Failing by Godiloveu(f): 9:17am On Jan 11, 2017
hi ops.
pls I want to go in blogging
1. how do I start
2. how much capital do I need
3. want are the necessary materials needed
4. As a female which area should concentrate on , like type of topics etc

pls ops u can add mire while u reply me thanks. plus, I know little or nothing about but I just try n see if I can make.

but I believe with God I can do all things Amen.

tnx in advance
Re: 4 Things To Keep You Motivated When Your Blog Is Failing by GoodyOG: 2:21pm On Jan 11, 2017
Godiloveu:
hi ops.
1. how do I start

pls ops u can add mire while u reply me thanks. plus, I know little or nothing about but I just try n see if I can make.

tnx in advance

it dosent matter if you are female or male...both can blog in any niche...
for example misstechy is a female that blogs on s a tech niche which many people regards to be for only male and she is very successful in the stuff...so gender dosent matters..

if you want a professional site and you want to spend money on the site,they go for WORDPRESS...
i you have no money to start for niwthen use BLOGGER

on how to start:
1.go to blogger.com
2.log in with your google account or create if you dont have..
3.choose a name for your log and thr url
4.CHOOSE ANY NICHE OF YOUR CHOICE AND START BLOGGING

this is just the basics....do some more deep research on blogging
Re: 4 Things To Keep You Motivated When Your Blog Is Failing by NaijaTechGuy(m): 4:45pm On Jan 11, 2017
Godiloveu:
hi ops.
1. how do I start

tnx in advance

Read this.. http://www.naijatechguy.com/2015/05/10-things-every-blogger-should-know.html

If you're still having difficulties. Message me via Whatsapp. You can get my no at http://ads.naijatechguy.com
Re: 4 Things To Keep You Motivated When Your Blog Is Failing by henryobinna(m): 5:48am On Jan 12, 2017
blogging blogging blogging... easy man
Re: 4 Things To Keep You Motivated When Your Blog Is Failing by MrGreenMavro: 7:10am On Jan 12, 2017
hmm
Re: 4 Things To Keep You Motivated When Your Blog Is Failing by amdo007(m): 7:15am On Jan 12, 2017
u
Re: 4 Things To Keep You Motivated When Your Blog Is Failing by codemaniacs: 7:15am On Jan 12, 2017
forget blogging go into affiliate marketing.
Re: 4 Things To Keep You Motivated When Your Blog Is Failing by Benjom(m): 7:19am On Jan 12, 2017
henryobinna:
blogging blogging blogging... easy man

Scared of it? Well, if you have the passion, I'll advise you go into it even if it's on a part-time. It really pays only if you know what you're doing.
Re: 4 Things To Keep You Motivated When Your Blog Is Failing by henryobinna(m): 7:21am On Jan 12, 2017
Benjom:

Scared of it? Well, if you have the passion, I'll advise you go into it even if it's on a part-time. It really pays only if you know what you're doing.
not scared,
can't be anyway..
Re: 4 Things To Keep You Motivated When Your Blog Is Failing by MozB: 7:30am On Jan 12, 2017
Nice one bro... This will really help lots of blogger who are at the verge of giving up.
Re: 4 Things To Keep You Motivated When Your Blog Is Failing by Adebanjids1(m): 7:31am On Jan 12, 2017
Seriously OP u are brilliant! By the way I heard U said u are 19cheesy Send me an email.
Re: 4 Things To Keep You Motivated When Your Blog Is Failing by Nobody: 7:34am On Jan 12, 2017
GoodyOG:

your website doesnt even load faster and you should try to improve ur grammar. Edit your posts very well. Consider...redesigning your website. I guess you'd be able to get more comments and followers on your blog if you try to implement some of the things i just mentioned. Look at those top bloggers in ur niche and see wat they are doing that u aint doin. Try to be like dem. If eventually you get to dia level try to overcome dem. Aim for the best, blogging is serious hard work
Re: 4 Things To Keep You Motivated When Your Blog Is Failing by sakalisis(m): 7:54am On Jan 12, 2017
cool
Re: 4 Things To Keep You Motivated When Your Blog Is Failing by BJAYADEMOLA(m): 8:13am On Jan 12, 2017
Nice write up. From education helm.. www.educationhelm.com
Re: 4 Things To Keep You Motivated When Your Blog Is Failing by Julius10(m): 8:15am On Jan 12, 2017
monetization is not all about adsense it about knowing how to make money out of your niche 50% of usa based bloggers dont use adsense see how i monetized a blog on computers named computers den without adsense. here you dont need excess traffic to make money out of your blog. just rank in one keyword and then another and another and you will see the money flowing.
Re: 4 Things To Keep You Motivated When Your Blog Is Failing by GoodyOG: 8:15am On Jan 12, 2017
Ebuka2016:

your website doesnt even load faster and you should try to improve ur grammar. Edit your posts very well. Consider...redesigning your website. I guess you'd be able to get more comments and followers on your blog if you try to implement some of the things i just mentioned. Look at those top bloggers in ur niche and see wat they are doing that u aint doin. Try to be like dem. If eventually you get to dia level try to overcome dem. Aim for the best, blogging is serious hard work

ok thank for the advice...am gonna improve the grammar and consider redesigning....

and for the load time, i performed a speed test and it shows the blog actually load fast...see the screen shot

Re: 4 Things To Keep You Motivated When Your Blog Is Failing by miller0093(m): 8:20am On Jan 12, 2017
hi ops
mine is millmic..com
pls i dont mind you going true it and see what i need to put in place
u can email me on woodmill9@gmail.com
tnks
Re: 4 Things To Keep You Motivated When Your Blog Is Failing by logmein(m): 9:07am On Jan 12, 2017
Thank you so much, this write up is really encouraging. I came up with an idea and I hope it sells as I expect it to. Here is a screen shot below with earning. The website is www.100kobo.net help me see what is lacking if there is any. Its all appreciated

Re: 4 Things To Keep You Motivated When Your Blog Is Failing by NaijaTechGuy(m): 9:21am On Jan 12, 2017
Adebanjids1:
Seriously OP u are brilliant! By the way I heard U said u are 19cheesy Send me an email.
address?? smiley
Re: 4 Things To Keep You Motivated When Your Blog Is Failing by Nobody: 9:36am On Jan 12, 2017
GoodyOG:

ok thank for the advice...am gonna improve the grammar and consider redesigning....

and for the load time, i performed a speed test and it shows the blog actually load fast...see the screen shot
it doesn't. Try to make it faster....if nairaland takes the time ur website takes to load, i probably will not be a member of this forum....u just started u havent seen anything yet. Dia are still lots of work to be done on dat blog of urs. Try to make ur website near perfect while u offer very valuable content, pple will come to u.
You would also want to change your domain extention to .com.
Re: 4 Things To Keep You Motivated When Your Blog Is Failing by Godiloveu(f): 10:57am On Jan 12, 2017
GoodyOG:

it dosent matter if you are female or male...both can blog in any niche...
for example misstechy is a female that blogs on s a tech niche which many people regards to be for only male and she is very successful in the stuff...so gender dosent matters..

if you want a professional site and you want to spend money on the site,they go for WORDPRESS...
i you have no money to start for niwthen use BLOGGER

on how to start:
1.go to blogger.com
2.log in with your google account or create if you dont have..
3.choose a name for your log and thr url
4.CHOOSE ANY NICHE OF YOUR CHOICE AND START BLOGGING

this is just the basics....do some more deep research on blogging

OK thanks so much
Re: 4 Things To Keep You Motivated When Your Blog Is Failing by Godiloveu(f): 10:59am On Jan 12, 2017
NaijaTechGuy:

Read this.. http://www.naijatechguy.com/2015/05/10-things-every-blogger-should-know.html

If you're still having difficulties. Message me via Whatsapp. You can get my no at http://ads.naijatechguy.com

thank you, I will contact for any info DAT I need
Re: 4 Things To Keep You Motivated When Your Blog Is Failing by GoodyOG: 11:13am On Jan 12, 2017
Ebuka2016:

it doesn't. Try to make it faster....if nairaland takes the time ur website takes to load, i probably will not be a member of this forum....u just started u havent seen anything yet. Dia are still lots of work to be done on dat blog of urs. Try to make ur website near perfect while u offer very valuable content, pple will come to u.
You would also want to change your domain extention to .com.

ok...i will see to all that.....thanks for the advice once more
Re: 4 Things To Keep You Motivated When Your Blog Is Failing by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jan 12, 2017
Godiloveu:
hi ops.
1. how do I start

tnx in advance
Hello dear..... i have to articles for you based on your questions >> http://slashnec.tk/2016/10/are-you-about-to-start-blog-in-nigeria.html and for the other stuff for niche >> http://slashnec.tk/2017/01/how-to-choose-right-niche-for-your-blog.html and you get more of this at http://slashnec.tk .... Thanks
Re: 4 Things To Keep You Motivated When Your Blog Is Failing by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jan 12, 2017
GoodyOG:

ok...i will see to all that.....thanks for the advice once more
no prob bro....
Re: 4 Things To Keep You Motivated When Your Blog Is Failing by Godiloveu(f): 12:49pm On Jan 16, 2017
Ifexxy:
Hello dear..... i have to articles for you based on your questions >> http://slashnec.tk/2016/10/are-you-about-to-start-blog-in-nigeria.html and for the other stuff for niche >> http://slashnec.tk/2017/01/how-to-choose-right-niche-for-your-blog.html and you get more of this at http://slashnec.tk .... Thanks

tnx
Re: 4 Things To Keep You Motivated When Your Blog Is Failing by 10mike: 6:40pm On May 15, 2017
Hi guyz, pls checkout www.mikishub..com

(1) (2) (Reply)

Font Not Showing On Website. / Stratfor Hacked By Anonymous Hackers For #antisec / I Need This Premium Wordpress Theme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.