Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,033 members, 7,799,513 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:18 PM

Is There Any Hope For A Third Class Bsc Holder? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is There Any Hope For A Third Class Bsc Holder? (15097 Views)

Shell Discrimination Of HND Holders, Equating Them With Bsc Third Class. / They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? / Photo: OMG! See This Shocking Application Letter By A BSC Holder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Any Hope For A Third Class Bsc Holder? by Redhit(m): 12:29pm On Nov 24, 2009
Guys in the house, i want to confirm if there is any hope for a third class Bsc holder to secure a well paid job in nigeria. I gat a friend who finished 6yrs ago with 3rd class, he jst secured a job now @abuja usin hs Bsc hons and ordinary o level results. Also, can a 3rd class further more for master degree and which sch can he do that or he has go for pgd b4 proceeding for master degree. Even sum employers will just check ur certificate alone to disqualify u wtou even checking either u have a pgd, master degree or phd. Please i need more light to this issue coz it happened that i fall a victim too.
Re: Is There Any Hope For A Third Class Bsc Holder? by Seun(m): 12:55pm On Nov 24, 2009
You should look into entrepreneurship.
It's possible but much harder.
You have to prove yourself some other way.
Re: Is There Any Hope For A Third Class Bsc Holder? by whiteroses(f): 3:29pm On Nov 24, 2009
ouch not very good but its so wise that the person is thinking of further education, dont bother to look for any good job with 3rd class(except engineering job) but if its medical, business and humanities a masters degree will definately make up for it,unfortunately nowadays master's is the new degree almost everyone has it now so not much chance there sorry, just pray about it you'll get a good job.
Re: Is There Any Hope For A Third Class Bsc Holder? by whiteroses(f): 3:38pm On Nov 24, 2009
seun o serious lol
Re: Is There Any Hope For A Third Class Bsc Holder? by fellabrims: 5:01pm On Nov 24, 2009
@ Poster,
Yep, there is hope for a third class graduate.
How many 2.2, 2.1 and even 1st class has a job now or doing the job they like. For everything we go through, LIFE is a stepping stone i must tell you.
I know a story of a guy that came out with Pass in 2004, now he knew no one will employ him, so what did he do? He became humble, yes HUMBLE. He decided to work in Beverage company where they were paying him Ten thousand naira. He held on to that small amount but was very diligent, resourceful in his job. Now, we all know that God has a way of doing things, and so one day his immediate boss called him and asked him why he came out with such a poor result but was an exact opposite of his result. He told his boss the tragic event that befell him at that period how his dad died, no money,deferred his admission, had to be a conductor for a year, bla, bla, bla (pathetic story). And then, his boss advised him to have a PGD, this he did and ofcourse, boosted his C.V,
To cut the long story short, he became Head of Marketing and Sales in this Beverage company with huge benefits, allowances and a branded company car (BIGZ BOY). Now, let me remind you that the guy didnt read Marketing or Sales, in fact he was an Agric student.
Moral of the story: U gat to humble yourself, take any menial job to at least stand on your feet, please, get yourself involed in a PGD or a Professional exam or Body to beef up your C.V and lastly, which is firstly, PRAY to GOD on A REGULAR, In all i WISH U THE VERY BEST! :-)

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Hope For A Third Class Bsc Holder? by Redhit(m): 6:55pm On Nov 24, 2009
@fellabrim thank u v.mch coz u av really encouraged me. I heard a 3rd class can go further for masters in U.I but they will be the one to choose a course for you, i don't knw how real is that, Any idea pleas?
Re: Is There Any Hope For A Third Class Bsc Holder? by Redhit(m): 7:00pm On Nov 24, 2009
@fellabrim thank u v.mch coz u av really encouraged me. I heard a 3rd class can go further for masters in U.I but they will be the one to choose a course for you, i don't knw how real is that, Any idea pleas?
Re: Is There Any Hope For A Third Class Bsc Holder? by Redhit(m): 7:05pm On Nov 24, 2009
Re: Is There Any Hope For A Third Class Bsc Holder? by Redhit(m): 7:16pm On Nov 24, 2009
Re: Is There Any Hope For A Third Class Bsc Holder? by Redhit(m): 7:19pm On Nov 24, 2009
Re: Is There Any Hope For A Third Class Bsc Holder? by Singular: 7:22pm On Nov 24, 2009
there is most definitly hope
Re: Is There Any Hope For A Third Class Bsc Holder? by fellabrims: 9:19am On Nov 25, 2009
@ Poster,
Funny enough, i finished from U.I. Well i dont know if they take 3rd class in some courses there, but i do know that you will have to run a PGD programme with a 3rd class in U.I. Meanwhile, they play a whole lot of politics, even with your 2.2 (the mere fact that you are coming from another school).
My advice, google U.I website and see the courses they offer, also look for an "inside man" in the Dept u wish to engage yourself in. And what about other schools like LASU in Anthony, they should offer PGD, even if there's is on the expensive side,
In all, PRAY and ask God for Guidance! :-)
Re: Is There Any Hope For A Third Class Bsc Holder? by Nobody: 12:32pm On Nov 25, 2009
There is hope but you gast to work triple harder.

You may want to consider setting something up for yourself.

Or do some top up courses.
Re: Is There Any Hope For A Third Class Bsc Holder? by exaulted: 1:05pm On Nov 25, 2009
Of course ther is hope for a 3rd class BSc HOLDER. some employers know that even if you had a 3rd does not mean that you are not good academically. after all there are so many people who had 3rd class and they are excelling in their varios fields of endeavour. some 3rd class are better than 2nd class upper graduates.
Re: Is There Any Hope For A Third Class Bsc Holder? by naggbajumo(m): 1:10pm On Nov 25, 2009
with prayers anything can happen dont give up.
Re: Is There Any Hope For A Third Class Bsc Holder? by niyoma: 1:53pm On Nov 25, 2009
Re: Is There Any Hope For A Third Class Bsc Holder? by Demoladoc: 2:20pm On Nov 25, 2009
No hope. Forget it.

Go back to 100 level and try again with another course. Maybe u can come out with better grades but this time u have to be serious. Ok?
Re: Is There Any Hope For A Third Class Bsc Holder? by jayflex: 2:46pm On Nov 25, 2009
@Poster

Never mind people who will try to discourage you. I finished with a third class but by God's grace I'm an assistant manager in financial institution today. It might be hard in the beginning but focus on getting a job in whatever field you studied, it doesnt matter if the pay is paltry. You have to understand that you're going to be discriminated against so you have to be sharper than everybody else. It may sound silly but 3rd class holders most times are unreasonably sharp ppl sometimes. Once you've earned a reputation for diligence and high performance you are home free. Also important though try all you can to get a PGD. It doesnt matter how hard to get admission, just get one. Most important FAST, PRAY, BELIEVE and the sky is your limit. God bless you
Re: Is There Any Hope For A Third Class Bsc Holder? by chire(m): 2:47pm On Nov 25, 2009
@ poster
yes there is a lot of hope.
i graduated with a third class degree in 2002 from unilag.
presently i am about to finish a phd programme in one of the very good schools in UK.
on hearing i have a masters and am finishing a phd,no employer has bothered to inquire more about my first degree.on the contrary,they seem to respect me more for going so far academically in an internationally renowned university despite starting out with a third class degree.
dont let anyone discourage you.its not the end of the world.just try to pick up yourself,remedy the situation by getting a postgraduate degree,and play your cards the best way you can.
best wishes.
Re: Is There Any Hope For A Third Class Bsc Holder? by saintneo(m): 2:49pm On Nov 25, 2009
@poster
it all depends on what you want. even drop-outs turn out to become champions in their chosen field.

like oga seun wrote
Seun:

You should look into entrepreneurship.  
It's possible but much harder.  
You have to prove yourself some other way.

i recommend that you view life as a school. you only fail or pass innit? choose a field you are really interested in and fight hard to get their.
Re: Is There Any Hope For A Third Class Bsc Holder? by saintneo(m): 2:51pm On Nov 25, 2009
chire:

@ poster
i graduated with a third class degree in 2002 from unilag.
presently i am about to finish a phd programme in one of the very good schools in UK.
on hearing i have a masters and am finishing a phd,no employer has bothered to inquire more about my first degree.on the contrary,they seem to respect me more for going so far academically in an internationally renowned university despite starting out with a third class degree.
dont let anyone discourage you.its not the end of the world.just try to pick up yourself,remedy the situation by getting a postgraduate degree,and play your cards the best way you can.
best wishes.

@chire
u must have a lot of nerve to continue fighting on to become what you are today. will like to meet you one day messages4iyke@hotmail.com
Re: Is There Any Hope For A Third Class Bsc Holder? by spoilt(f): 3:36pm On Nov 25, 2009
chire:

@ poster
[b]i graduated with a third class degree in 2002 from unilag.[/b]presently i am about to finish a phd programme in one of the very good schools in UK.
best wishes.

Congrats on your achievements. Just curious and you dont have to answer. What do you attribute your third class too? A bad system? Your youth and inability to apply yourself back then?
Re: Is There Any Hope For A Third Class Bsc Holder? by popin5(m): 4:01pm On Nov 25, 2009
there is hope. but a greater hope in entrepreneurship. we need people that will focus more on that than to rely so much on their certificate for modern slavery
Re: Is There Any Hope For A Third Class Bsc Holder? by kpolli(m): 4:18pm On Nov 25, 2009
guy its very possible,
know someone who came out wit it,
under a 3 months, got a job in telecomms n is about to do his masters,
yankee skools use gre, jand have pre-masters,
its not wat u came out wit that matters but wat u know, n can do
Re: Is There Any Hope For A Third Class Bsc Holder? by fuke(m): 4:27pm On Nov 25, 2009
No hope for a top class job unless it is owned by your dad or uncle.

But then that is not the  end of the world.

If you want to have a masters you will need a PGD and many universities will take you in.

You can also mask your 3rd class  with a professional exams like Personnel Management,

General Mamagement, marketing, Banking or Accountancy.

But then all these will not give you a job in a top of the shelve compamy because the moment

they know your first degree is a third you are out.

Why bother?. Take your future in your hands. Employ yourself. Afterall, no man is really free who

works for another man.

Best of luck.
Re: Is There Any Hope For A Third Class Bsc Holder? by obi123: 4:31pm On Nov 25, 2009
i can assure you, it will be very very hard for u, but i believe with a PGD, things can happen. all well and good people tell u to
Re: Is There Any Hope For A Third Class Bsc Holder? by Austin234(m): 4:35pm On Nov 25, 2009
All hope is lost bros. U can take a PGD in any course. Prove ur worth anytime u have the opportunity. After all, examination is not a true  test of knowledge. Above all, pray unto God, the designer of destiny.
Re: Is There Any Hope For A Third Class Bsc Holder? by Skywalker5(m): 5:05pm On Nov 25, 2009
Redhit:

Guys in the house, i want to confirm if there is any hope for a third class Bsc holder to secure a well paid job in nigeria. I gat a friend who finished 6yrs ago with 3rd class, he jst secured a job now @abuja usin hs Bsc hons and ordinary o level results. Also, can a 3rd class further more for master degree and which sch can he do that or he has go for pgd b4 proceeding for master degree. Even sum employers will just check your certificate alone to disqualify u wtou even checking either u have a pgd, master degree or phd. Please i need more light to this issue coz it happened that i fall a victim too.

Hey. i came out with third class and i am currently doing my masters in UK. No PGD. Just some additional professional courses and i am about rounding up. and i got a few offers at hand here

depends on how you view your degree. i was worried like u once
Re: Is There Any Hope For A Third Class Bsc Holder? by SandyRocks1(f): 5:53pm On Nov 25, 2009
hey man, could u let me know which school in the uk admitted a 3rd? been looking for one for ages. thanks.
Re: Is There Any Hope For A Third Class Bsc Holder? by Ad4(m): 6:11pm On Nov 25, 2009
there is enough hope for you if you can apply certain principles in life.We should understand that success is not just by our own effort. There is also a force (spiritual) that helps us succeed. So, never loss hope just put yourself together and believe God and all will be well.
Re: Is There Any Hope For A Third Class Bsc Holder? by anonimi: 6:26pm On Nov 25, 2009
abeg hope dey plenty for you.
Go to London, do credit card fraud, return to 9ja and hustle a bit until you join politics and before you know it you are a state governor and plotting to be president grin
know the guy with the above CV
Jokes apart, there are legit possibilities for those with third class IF you beleive in yourself and focus on your strenghts while seeking to round out the weak areas.
Good luck.
Re: Is There Any Hope For A Third Class Bsc Holder? by chire(m): 6:54pm On Nov 25, 2009
saintneo:

@chire
u must have a lot of nerve to continue fighting on to become what you are today. will like to meet you one day messages4iyke@hotmail.com

sure no problem.would like to meet you one day too ebmulo@yahoo.com . Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Join The Nigerian Army Officers Corp / Real Reason Why NPF Recruitment Of 10,000 Personnels Is Taking Too Long / Guinness Nigeria 2018 Graduate Sales Internship Job Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.