Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,205 members, 7,807,688 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:32 PM

Cooking Gas: How Much Is It In Your Area - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cooking Gas: How Much Is It In Your Area (3191 Views)

Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria December 2017: Live Updates & Photos From Your Area / NNPC Crashes The Prices Of Petrol And Cooking Gas Nationwide / Abuja Residents Queue Up To Buy Cooking Gas (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cooking Gas: How Much Is It In Your Area by Sibrah: 9:19pm On Jan 11, 2017
ElectronicsGuy:

I know say na wetin dey ur mind since.. Oya lemme support you let's blame GEJ together.. grin

Oh ye nairalanders, ElectronicsGuy and Sibraah blame GEJ for the increase in gas in this buhari era.. grin grin
Re: Cooking Gas: How Much Is It In Your Area by Teewhy2: 2:34pm On Jan 12, 2017
But does anyone know the main reason for the increase in price. I heard it is getting scarce as well
Re: Cooking Gas: How Much Is It In Your Area by laudate: 11:20pm On Jan 12, 2017
Teewhy2:
But does anyone know the main reason for the increase in price. I heard it is getting scarce as well

The increase is caused by the inability of the LPG vessel to berth at Northern Oil Jetty (NOJ) in Lagos, in order to discharge the 10,000 metric tonnes of cooking gas on board. That vessel has been on the high seas for over 10 days now, waiting to berth. sad That vessel loads LPG cooking gas from NLNG facility in Bonny, and transports it to the gas depots in Lagos.

The only LPG Terminal that currently has cooking gas is NAVGAS depot in Apapa. The NPA authorities and PPMC/NNPC officials are responsible for this sorry mess. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cooking Gas: How Much Is It In Your Area by Teewhy2: 7:17am On Jan 13, 2017
laudate:

The increase is caused by the inability of the LPG vessel to berth at Northern Oil Jetty (NOJ) in Lagos, in order to discharge the 10,000 metric tonnes of cooking gas on board. That vessel has been on the high seas for over 10 days now, waiting to berth. sad That vessel loads LPG cooking gas from NLNG facility in Bonny, and transports it to the gas depots in Lagos.

The only LPG Terminal that currently has cooking gas is NAVGAS depot in Apapa. The NPA authorities and PPMC/NNPC officials are responsible for this sorry mess. undecided
Thanks for this explanation
Re: Cooking Gas: How Much Is It In Your Area by ayindejimmy(m): 8:21am On Jan 13, 2017
laudate:

I'm not sure that's the real cause, because every part of Nigeria is affected, not only lagos
Or are we importing LPG too?
Re: Cooking Gas: How Much Is It In Your Area by Teewhy2: 9:03am On Jan 13, 2017
LPG is also imported and during the winter, I heard that it is also scarce because those countries use it more in heating their environment
Re: Cooking Gas: How Much Is It In Your Area by kayceben: 9:19am On Jan 13, 2017
https://mobile.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1363753947021601&substory_index=0&id=849759261754408&ref=mobile_page_admin_panel&_ft_=top_level_post_id.1363753947021601%3Atl_objid.1363753947021601%3Athid.849759261754408%3A306061129499414%3A69%3A0%3A1485935999%3A617087071128709541&__tn__=%2As you guys need to check this out

Re: Cooking Gas: How Much Is It In Your Area by kayceben: 9:24am On Jan 13, 2017
The only lpg retail company who addressed the uprise of prices to the general public was www.kiakiagas.com indeed they have their customers at heart, all other lpg suppliers kept mute and increased cost price but kiakiagas addressed the public the best way possible

Re: Cooking Gas: How Much Is It In Your Area by laudate: 12:37pm On Jan 13, 2017
ayindejimmy:
I'm not sure that's the real cause, because every part of Nigeria is affected, not only lagos
Or are we importing LPG too?

Bros, that is the real cause. LPG or Liquified Petroleum Gas is commonly called cooking gas. It is no longer being imported from foreign countries. NLNG in Bonney produces over 250,000 metric tonnes for the local market. The main problem is the inability of the authorities to coordinate the logistics chain which covers vessel berthing, discharging & evacuation at the jetties in Lagos. A second less critical problem is that the refineries in Kaduna & Warri are not producing gas. So those in other parts of the country cannot buy from them, and have to depend on the gas consignments that are discharged into the depots at Lagos. Please do your research. undecided .

If you have any other theory that can explain why the nation is facing this shortage, kindly let us hear it.

The Nigeria Liquefied Natural Gas Limited, NLNG, has denied increasing prices of the product as recently reported.

Speaking with Business Times yesterday, the company’s General Manager, External Relations, Kudo Eresia-Eke, said Nigeria LNG’s domestic LPG price is based on an international price index plus 50% of the shipping cost of delivering the product to receiving facilities in Apapa-Lagos. That price, according to NLNG, is invoiced in Naira at the prevailing official interbank exchange rates, contrary to assertions made in parts of the media.

The reality of this is that, although LPG is produced and consumed locally, the product like crude oil, is an internationally traded commodity with an international price benchmark, open to global demand and supply pressures.

NLNG however, said it softens the impact of price variations by continuing to subsidise the cost of transporting about 40% of the total domestic market share which it supplies from its production facility on Bonny Island.

Aside from the above, the company said recent delays to vessel discharges at the receiving facilities in Apapa, Lagos which are multi-use terminals with berthing priority accorded to vessels discharging other oil products (Petrol, DPK and Diesel), have also led to a temporary supply disruption over the last 2-3 weeks. “For instance, NLNG’s dedicated LPG vessel has been unable to discharge LPG at the Apapa port since 29th December 2016 due to jetty unavailability, resulting in temporary product shortages in the market”, it said.
Read more at:
https://dailytimes.ng/didnt-increase-price-cooking-gas-nlng/
Re: Cooking Gas: How Much Is It In Your Area by ayindejimmy(m): 2:04pm On Jan 13, 2017
laudate:

Bros, that is the real cause. LPG or Liquified Petroleum Gas is commonly called cooking gas. It is no longer being imported from foreign countries. NLNG in Bonney produces over 250,000 metric tonnes for the local market. The main problem is the inability of the authorities to coordinate the logistics chain which covers vessel berthing, discharging & evacuation at the jetties in Lagos. A second less critical problem is that the refineries in Kaduna & Warri are not producing gas. So those in other parts of the country cannot buy from them, and have to depend on the gas consignments that are discharged into the depots at Lagos. Please do your research. undecided .

If you have any other theory that can explain why the nation is facing this shortage, kindly let us hear it.

Thanks. I read it this morning. Such laxity jus baffles me that's why I assumed it had to be more than that
Re: Cooking Gas: How Much Is It In Your Area by superstar1(m): 2:13pm On Jan 13, 2017
laudate:

The only LPG Terminal that currently has cooking gas is NAVGAS depot in Apapa. The
NPA authorities and PPMC/NNPC officials are responsible for this sorry mess. undecided

Thank you for the enlightenment.

I refilled my 12.5kg at 6k on Tuesday.
Re: Cooking Gas: How Much Is It In Your Area by laudate: 3:00pm On Jan 13, 2017
superstar1:
Thank you for the enlightenment.
I refilled my 12.5kg at 6k on Tuesday.

The sad thing about this whole situation is that it is inflicted by the clueless people in authority who know what to do, but have just refused to do it. angry Many countries have switched from using kerosene to using gas, for cooking, heating, power supply and even air-conditioning.

Now that kerosene prices have gone through the roof, shouldn't they be looking for ways to prevent bottlenecks and make gas more available in all the nooks and crannies of the country, so that people can use it as a viable alternative to kero?
Re: Cooking Gas: How Much Is It In Your Area by Teewhy2: 7:40am On Jan 16, 2017
Can any one update us on the status of cooking gas supply and the price. I read that people now queue to buy cooking gas in Abuja, how true is that

(1) (2) (Reply)

Biafra: AI Goes Tough, Declares Ipob The Most Peaceful Successionist Movement / Greatest Thieves- Top 10 Looters In The History Of Nigeria / Pat Utomi Scammed Of 22.5 Million Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.