Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,359 members, 7,808,248 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:23 AM

Abuja City - Videos and Photos - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Abuja City - Videos and Photos (164549 Views)

Abuja City – An Overview Of Nigeria’s Capital / Abuja's City Guide / Abuja City Pic slide view on youtube: Wonderful (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abuja City - Videos and Photos by Jaybee2412(m): 9:56am On Nov 27, 2009
National Assembly Complexe

Re: Abuja City - Videos and Photos by Jaybee2412(m): 9:58am On Nov 27, 2009
Abuja

Re: Abuja City - Videos and Photos by Jaybee2412(m): 10:02am On Nov 27, 2009
Abuja

Re: Abuja City - Videos and Photos by Okwyjesus(m): 10:06am On Nov 27, 2009
Delicious for my eyes,
Re: Abuja City - Videos and Photos by Jaybee2412(m): 10:07am On Nov 27, 2009
Abuja

Re: Abuja City - Videos and Photos by Rosabelle(f): 11:10am On Nov 27, 2009
Well thanks folks, for putting up all these photos. Im a born lagosian, so I LOVE lagos, but everytime I go home to visit, its clearer eachtime that I cant live there anymore cos the confusion is unbelieveable. So seeing these photos give me hope of coming home. I could actually live in Abuja.
Re: Abuja City - Videos and Photos by Horus(m): 11:50am On Nov 27, 2009
Very nice city.
Re: Abuja City - Videos and Photos by greateliso(m): 12:24pm On Nov 27, 2009
Abuja is the best city to live in Nigeria

Re: Abuja City - Videos and Photos by furacao(m): 12:30pm On Nov 27, 2009
Wow, l hadn't seen this face of Abuja before. Never even visited. Hopefully l will one day.

A lot of nice looking buildings. Very few people. The government has tried in spending so much on buildings and roads, but is the quality of life of Abuja residents actually as buoyant as the buildings, or is it a plastic city?
Re: Abuja City - Videos and Photos by CondomM: 12:49pm On Nov 27, 2009
Abuja is sweet and nice only when u have money.
Re: Abuja City - Videos and Photos by iice(f): 1:04pm On Nov 27, 2009
Re: Abuja City - Videos and Photos by greateliso(m): 7:32pm On Nov 27, 2009
Nicon Luxury
Re: Abuja City - Videos and Photos by toideve(m): 7:48pm On Nov 27, 2009
some of dis buildings are SEXY cheesy My God! I love AbUjA kiss
Re: Abuja City - Videos and Photos by yme1(f): 9:23pm On Nov 27, 2009
its beautiful
that is naija abroad tho grin
@jaybee2412
what happened to your old username
Re: Abuja City - Videos and Photos by Jaybee2412(m): 9:50pm On Nov 27, 2009
@Yme
You are probably mistaking me for someone else. My user name has always been jaybee2412. There is another Nairalander known as jaybee though
Re: Abuja City - Videos and Photos by stede(m): 10:40pm On Nov 27, 2009
this is 9ice
Re: Abuja City - Videos and Photos by Igwe9(m): 11:46pm On Nov 27, 2009
I never knew Abuja is this cool until my last stay in Lagos, oh, traffic was terrible that i had to move around on machine bike with crash helmet on my titled cap grin I wish some roads and houses in Lagos could be re-constructed.
V.I is cool but traffic jam everywheresad

Nevertheless, some places in Abuja are simple photogenic.
smiley
Re: Abuja City - Videos and Photos by Rosabelle(f): 1:39am On Nov 28, 2009
furacao:

Wow, l hadn't seen this face of Abuja before. Never even visited. Hopefully l will one day.

A lot of nice looking buildings. Very few people. The government has tried in spending so much on buildings and roads, but is the quality of life of Abuja residents actually as buoyant as the buildings, or is it a plastic city?
You see that had always been my reservation about the place. Cos I visited some ten years ago and it was much different then, but stilll, I felt it was a little 'plastic'. Lots of glitter. I mean, what are the buildings if the average man cant live decently. Its that aspect that worries me. The rich are still super rich and the poor are super poor, and that to me is not exactly progress, no matter how well planned it is.

Problem with lagos is, there was no plan for the population explosion, and In wondering is Abuja will experience the same thing, cos now everyone ants to rush there, when the ideal thing would be to draw up a plan for each state, just as the governor of lagos is doing
Re: Abuja City - Videos and Photos by DisGuy: 6:47am On Nov 28, 2009
Seems all the buildings in Abuja are govt building

no private companies or people at all, these picture have no soul!!

Nice pics though > traffic light grin
Re: Abuja City - Videos and Photos by TexMex: 7:08am On Nov 28, 2009
@all

I won't like us to be carried away by this carefully selected pictures. For one, all the buildings are government buildings (and an hotel or two). This should tell you something: ABUJA is for government apparatchiks. Move to LAGOS and see the level of public and private sector developments. Except you are in government, you will hardly find ABUJA habitable.

Now let's consider where the hoi pollois (common man) live in ABUJA vs LAGOS. The bulk of the people in ABUJA live in the outskirts of the town in places like NYANYA (and even SULEJA and other places in NASSARAWA and NIGER states). I wonder why the posters have not presented a balanced picture by uploading the pictures of those places. The reason behind this is the high cost of living in ABUJA. Those staying in the city are often victims of over-crowding (fancy over 5 adults living in a one-bedroom apartment!). LAGOS on the other hand offer low entry point threshold. Even the face-me-I-face-you type of accommodation has enough capacity built in.

The sort of crowd that make events/business succeed in LAGOS are absent in ABUJA. So if you 're the social type, you will find ABUJA rather dull. Let's not get carried away by pictures. How can I market AMERICA by showing pictures of the White house, Capitol Hill, Air Force One and the car OBAMA rides in? People come to AMERICA because of the opportunities. As far as ABUJA remains a soulless place with not many opportunities outside government, the population will remain small.
Re: Abuja City - Videos and Photos by THEAMAKA3(f): 7:17am On Nov 28, 2009
these are so beautiful. clean city.
anyway, thank you!  kiss
but there is one pic that i noticed in the lagos thread
the picture of the chocolate royale or whatever its called, that doughnut shop.
i do think some of these pics are lagos but you got mixed up as maybe somewhere else on the net someone labeled them as abuja.

anyway thanks for the pics.

next someone should do a thread for Calabar.  grin smiley

1Emmy:

wetoooo bros this abuja dey for italy abi for Naija, why Ohakim come dey deciv us say Owerri na the cleanst city in Naija abi i neva come abuja befor
Owerri used to be the cleanest city, way back when. lol
its still pretty clean (well after you pass the market area. lol) but other cities are now stepping their game up.
i think once Calabar even used to be the cleanest city in Nigeria.
i dont know if it is now Lagos, Abuja, still Calabar, or what?
Re: Abuja City - Videos and Photos by TexMex: 7:22am On Nov 28, 2009
@ The-Amaka

You won't want to live in ABUJA when you get to visit the place. Maybe go on a vacation and spend a week or two, but you 'd soon get tired of the monotony. You 'gbadun' ('enjoy') AMERICA, abi (right)? You won't 'gbadun' ABUJA that much. Don't get me wrong. People live there but solely for economic reasons.
Re: Abuja City - Videos and Photos by THEAMAKA3(f): 7:23am On Nov 28, 2009
yeah thats why i modified.
i think its only so long i can live there.
but its nice to spend maybe a month there?
Re: Abuja City - Videos and Photos by Outstrip(f): 7:34am On Nov 28, 2009
TexMex:

@ The-Amaka

You won't want to live in ABUJA when you get to visit the place. Maybe go on a vacation and spend a week or two, but you 'd soon get tired of the monotony. You 'gbadun' ('enjoy') AMERICA, abi (right)? You won't 'gbadun' ABUJA that much. Don't get me wrong. People live there but solely for economic reasons.

Why? What do I do here for fun anyway. I am pretty much a homebody and work from home for the most part now anyway. Are there parks I can take my children to play? It looks that way. When I really want to have fun here I usually go spend time with family or my best friend so I don't think Abuja would be that much different.
Re: Abuja City - Videos and Photos by Jakumo(m): 7:59am On Nov 28, 2009
That is an amazing photo montage, Jaybee, and Abuja is a beautiful city by any standard. The architects who created some of those unique and striking buildings deserve praise, for they are both daring and tasteful. That Ship Building is too cool.

These pictures would be a good answer to those who innocently enquire from Nigerians they meet in Europe and North America whether folks in Africa still live in tree-houses.
Re: Abuja City - Videos and Photos by THEAMAKA3(f): 8:03am On Nov 28, 2009
wow!! ill have to say comment #37 is one of my favorite pics.
i could live in an area like that, if i had the money.
Re: Abuja City - Videos and Photos by TexMex: 8:25am On Nov 28, 2009
Outstrip:

Why? What do I do here for fun anyway. I am pretty much a homebody and work from home for the most part now anyway. Are there parks I can take my children to play? It looks that way. When I really want to have fun here I usually go spend time with family or my best friend so I don't think Abuja would be that much different.

Outstrip,

You will find ABUJA is not like that. You want to visit your friend in order to catch some fun? Good and proper, you can go. But when you find out your friend is living in a small apartment from where he/she also runs her business (perhaps laundry and dry-cleaning with lots ironing and heat involved), I doubt you 'd feel comfortable at the lack of privacy.

There are so many fun spots in the U.S, and good thing that you can work (and even shop) from the convenience of your home. Same does not hold true in ABUJA. Please don't compare ABUJA to the U.S. As much as we 're proud of ABUJA, we need to recognize its failings.
Re: Abuja City - Videos and Photos by Igwe9(m): 8:43am On Nov 28, 2009
TexMex:

Outstrip,

You will find ABUJA is not like that. You want to visit your friend in order to catch some fun? Good and proper, you can go. But when you find out your friend is living in a small apartment from where he/she also runs her business (perhaps laundry and dry-cleaning with lots ironing and heat involved), I doubt you 'd feel comfortable at the lack of privacy.

There are so many fun spots in the U.S, and good thing that you can work (and even shop) from the convenience of your home. Same does not hold true in ABUJA. Please don't compare ABUJA to the U.S. As much as we 're proud of ABUJA, we need to recognize its failings.
You guys are losing it, if you stayed in Abuja for one month you wouldn't wanna live in any other part of the country for obvious reasons, unless you are not all that rich or lucky to find yourself in a city of Abuja.

There's nothing i cherish in life like maximum security, good road network hence less traffic, serene environment and basic amenities.

Most people that claim to be living in  Abuja live outside the city of Abuja, the best way one can enjoy Abuja is to own a house in Abuja.
Re: Abuja City - Videos and Photos by TexMex: 9:05am On Nov 28, 2009
Igwe.:

You guys are losing it, if you stayed in Abuja for one month you wouldn't wanna live in any other part of the country for obvious reasons, unless you are not all that rich or lucky to find yourself in a city of Abuja.

There's nothing i cherish in life like maximum security, good road network hence less traffic, serene environment and basic amenities.

Most people that claim to be living in  Abuja live outside the city of Abuja, the best way one can enjoy Abuja is to own a house in Abuja.

Thank you IGWE. Perhaps you can tell us how to own a house in ABUJA (and the financial outlay required). Point to note: ABUJA's an expensive place (with price of land/house going for hundreds of millions of NAIRA). Considering that many NIGERIANS cannot afford that much, ABUJA's a city for the wealthy government worker (official, civil servant, contractor and their aides). Private businessmen with little or no ties to government stay in Lagos.
Re: Abuja City - Videos and Photos by babapupa: 9:09am On Nov 28, 2009

Most people that claim to be living in Abuja live outside the city of Abuja, the best way one can enjoy Abuja is to own a house in Abuja.

How do you reconcile both?
Re: Abuja City - Videos and Photos by Rosabelle(f): 10:53am On Nov 28, 2009
Igwe.:

What are you talking about sir?? You  seem to be contradicting yourself.

@TexMex that has been my problem you know. This huge divide between the rich and poor that is predominant in the north. Yes its a nigerian problem, but it seems there simply isnt room for the private sector to flourish in the north. Or the private sector simply keeps away from it? I dont understand.
Cos I mean, like I said, Im a born lagosian and I LOVE that city, but there was no plan for the population explosion and now, its like living in a jungle. Though the present governor is working, it'l take the joint effort of other governors working on their own states too, to reduce the lagos problem. Since people like mr. Igwe here believe one should always run where the grass appears greener instead of working on one's region to make it just as nice.
Most pople feel they havnt arrived until they live in lagos and this has led to the problems we have with overpopulation.
Now mr. Igwe and the like are running to abuja and Im wondering if this wont become like lagos in another 15yrs.
We cant be talking like lagos and abuja are the only places in nigeria. There are 34 other states and its quite unfortunate that the wealth and business opportunities are not being spread around
Re: Abuja City - Videos and Photos by Rosabelle(f): 11:00am On Nov 28, 2009
THE-AMAKA:

wow!! ill have to say comment #37 is one of my favorite pics.
i could live in an area like that, if i had the money.
#37 is actually an estate in Ikoyi or VI. . . . I was the last time I visited and thought it was nice. But its kind of scary, cos those places were sandfilled and my grandpa always said water and the government will always reclaim their land  cheesy . . . so if you have money, find a house where no sandfilling was done LOL

I love that Abuja central mosque sha. In the whole of Abuja, Im not sure theres another building that is as beautiful. Its such a simple building, but grand at the same time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Top 10 Lagos Slangs You Must Know As A Resident / Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech / Obtaining A Birth Certificate From The National Population Commission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.