Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,970 members, 7,806,805 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:14 AM

Abuja City - Videos and Photos - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Abuja City - Videos and Photos (164541 Views)

Abuja City – An Overview Of Nigeria’s Capital / Abuja's City Guide / Abuja City Pic slide view on youtube: Wonderful (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abuja City - Videos and Photos by DisGuy: 2:45pm On Nov 28, 2009
Rosabelle:

What are you talking about sir?? You  seem to be contradicting yourself.

@TexMex that has been my problem you know. This huge divide between the rich and poor that is predominant in the north. Yes its a nigerian problem, but it seems there simply isnt room for the private sector to flourish in the north. Or the private sector simply keeps away from it? I dont understand.
Cos I mean, like I said, Im a born lagosian and I LOVE that city, but there was no plan for the population explosion and now, its like living in a jungle. Though the present governor is working, it'l take the joint effort of other governors working on their own states too, to reduce the lagos problem. Since people like mr. Igwe here believe one should always run where the grass appears greener instead of working on one's region to make it just as nice.
Most pople feel they havnt arrived until they live in lagos and this has led to the problems we have with overpopulation.
Now mr. Igwe and the like are running to abuja and Im wondering if this wont become like lagos in another 15yrs.
We cant be talking like lagos and abuja are the only places in nigeria. There are 34 other states and its quite unfortunate that the wealth and business opportunities are not being spread around

Private sector usually flourish in regions where citizens are generally educated and skillful to a certain extent, can afford their services/product, where most citizens are have a regular source of income> Basically where there is a semblance of a middle class
Re: Abuja City - Videos and Photos by Igwe9(m): 10:16pm On Nov 28, 2009
Rosabelle:

What are you talking about sir?? You seem to be contradicting yourself.

babapupa:

How do you reconcile both?

TexMex:

Thank you IGWE. Perhaps you can tell us how to own a house in ABUJA (and the financial outlay required). Point to note: ABUJA's an expensive place (with price of land/house going for hundreds of millions of NAIRA). Considering that many NIGERIANS cannot afford that much, ABUJA's a city for the wealthy government worker (official, civil servant, contractor and their aides). Private businessmen with little or no ties to government stay in Lagos.

C'mon guys, i was only responding to the Outstrip's post.

i will try to make this as brief as it can be;-

Abuja is cool indeed, but its not just meant for everybody sad ,likewise london, usa and even your village. undecided

Thank God as a Nigerian, you don't need visa to come live in Abuja, you can if really want to, but the truth of the matter is , where will it be, suburb or city center , I don't know undecided
smiley smiley
Re: Abuja City - Videos and Photos by THEAMAKA3(f): 10:16pm On Nov 28, 2009
are you guys seriously arguing over ABJ?

anyway i can live in abuja if its not as dull as some people claim.
but its beautiful, its super clean, there seems to be an easy access to everything, the traffic problem probably isnt as bad as in Lagos, seems like people follow the driving rules there, even though there are villages (so someone said) i doubt there are really any slums there.
beautiful place, but you need a lot of money just to live in the really good areas.
Re: Abuja City - Videos and Photos by THEAMAKA3(f): 2:57am On Nov 29, 2009
we need another person like paddy_lo to help bring us pictures.
that Lagos thread didnt rest.
but this thread has stopped. angry
ah ahn! where are the pictures now?
Re: Abuja City - Videos and Photos by TexMex: 4:43am On Nov 29, 2009
^^^
Because there are not many pictures. It's just like a one trick pony.

They can show us pictures of GWARIMPA (did I get the spelling right?), APO Legislatures' Quarters and similar estates but not many more.
Re: Abuja City - Videos and Photos by THEAMAKA3(f): 4:45am On Nov 29, 2009
na wa for you oooooo
there are plenty of pics on skyscrapercity, i just dont feel like going through about 63 pages of pics.
i just wish someone would post them here. undecided
anyway stop hatin and lets just enjoy how BEAUTIFUL the city is.
who cares if you cant live there, or what the buildings are, or who can afford it, cant we just look at something that looks nice?
undecided
Re: Abuja City - Videos and Photos by TexMex: 5:27am On Nov 29, 2009
^^^
Well, considering that there are so many cities on Skyscrapercity.com and other sites, it's only natural that some of us give indepth knowledge of places we are familiar with to enable folks make informed choices and see beyond the luster. Ain't hating, just presenting the facts. In Nollywood, it's nice seeing the lovely houses and attires worn by the artistes but don't you get tired when the same houses are used in movie after movie or an actor/actress wears the same outfit (and that happens if the clothes belong to said artiste or there are not many choices to pick from)? Same here.

Like someone (Jakumo) pointed out, these pictures can be used to answer those who innocently enquire if AFRICANS live in tree-houses. For that, I 'm grateful. But I 'm pertubed that these pictures do not reflect achievement of the NIGERIAN people (or when has government become equal to the governed?). I once had a friend from the Niger-Delta region who regularly takes me to task over developments show-cased in ABUJA which he believes (rightly or wrongly) were financed with petro-dollars. That's why I mentioned private sector developments earlier (to take the attention off government). It was reported recently that Didier Drogba will be building a multi-million dollar hospital in his home-town. Now, that's an instance of what I 'm talking about.

And who says I can't live in ABUJA? I once lived in Wuse hence my account here are first hand experience of life in ABUJA. Even if I 'm no more there, I still have friends living there.
Re: Abuja City - Videos and Photos by dexmond: 10:20am On Nov 29, 2009
@JAYBEE

I want to ask you whether the woman that is trying to launder Nigeria's government image asked you to do this? Or is it out of patriotism?
Re: Abuja City - Videos and Photos by holotee(m): 10:01am On Nov 30, 2009
[img][/img]

Re: Abuja City - Videos and Photos by TexMex: 8:12pm On Nov 30, 2009
@Holotee

Thanks for the pictures. At long last, we can see 'private endeavour' and what's available for visiting tourist. This compares favourably with 'Six Flags' for relaxation and entertainment.
Re: Abuja City - Videos and Photos by phatjoe(m): 10:48am On Dec 01, 2009
abuja fyn no b small
i no mind join miritant
4 a residential infitation o.
kindly send us the form bro.
so that we go jolly wiv those nuaghty
boys n gals in sharing the national treasury i mean cake.
Re: Abuja City - Videos and Photos by THEAMAKA3(f): 3:02pm On Dec 01, 2009
still no more pictures?
undecided
Re: Abuja City - Videos and Photos by Jaybee2412(m): 8:11pm On Dec 01, 2009
Abj

Re: Abuja City - Videos and Photos by Jaybee2412(m): 9:14pm On Dec 01, 2009
Abuja

Re: Abuja City - Videos and Photos by Jaybee2412(m): 9:46pm On Dec 01, 2009
Abuja Taxi Drivers
[flash=535,325]http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/w4dlGdwiW-Y[/flash]

African Proposed Silicon Valley in Abuja
[flash=535,325]http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/W9YhjWUN3ss[/flash]
Re: Abuja City - Videos and Photos by Goldmind1(m): 11:06pm On Dec 01, 2009
When will southeast and southsouth look like this?
Re: Abuja City - Videos and Photos by THEAMAKA3(f): 1:18am On Dec 02, 2009
Gold-mind:

When will southeast and southsouth look like this?
hopefully is Soludo sticks to his word, he will be one of the first to make a change.
but well just have to wait and see.

@ topic
GOSH ABJ is so beautiful. if i get money i go enjoy it full out!!
Re: Abuja City - Videos and Photos by mamagee3(f): 2:25am On Dec 02, 2009
Abuja is my City!!!!
I love Abuja.
It's beautiful
. kiss kiss
Re: Abuja City - Videos and Photos by THEAMAKA3(f): 2:27am On Dec 02, 2009
if a person has a lot of money, they can enjoy ABJ to the fullest.
wonderful city, i wouldnt mind living there.
it seems cool, just like calabar, althouh calabar is by the sea and thats a +
both cities are my cup of tea though
Re: Abuja City - Videos and Photos by Jaybee2412(m): 10:51am On Dec 02, 2009
A buja Business Districts

Re: Abuja City - Videos and Photos by Jaybee2412(m): 10:59am On Dec 02, 2009
abuja

Re: Abuja City - Videos and Photos by Jaybee2412(m): 11:15am On Dec 02, 2009
abuja residential

Re: Abuja City - Videos and Photos by Jaybee2412(m): 11:23am On Dec 02, 2009
residential

Re: Abuja City - Videos and Photos by Jaybee2412(m): 11:25am On Dec 02, 2009
residential

Re: Abuja City - Videos and Photos by Jaybee2412(m): 1:01pm On Dec 02, 2009
Abuja

Re: Abuja City - Videos and Photos by Jaybee2412(m): 1:30pm On Dec 02, 2009
Abj

Re: Abuja City - Videos and Photos by Jaybee2412(m): 5:57pm On Dec 02, 2009
abj

Re: Abuja City - Videos and Photos by Olong(m): 6:58pm On Dec 02, 2009
Abuja has no place for the poor of which Nigeria is hugely comprised. These charming picturesques must of necessity induce further depletion of our commonwealth by the evil geniuses at the helm of affairs as well as the rest of us that,by any chance,grab at power!
Re: Abuja City - Videos and Photos by platinumnk(f): 7:25pm On Dec 02, 2009
Ahh. . . I miss Nigeria cry cry cry cry
Re: Abuja City - Videos and Photos by paddylo1(m): 4:30pm On Dec 04, 2009
we need another person like paddy_lo to help bring us pictures.
that Lagos thread didnt rest.
but this thread has stopped. 
ah ahn! where are the pictures now?

sup amaka, ok ill post pictures

Now before anyone comes here to talk rubbish,my pics are from SKYSCRAPER CITY.COM
I lived in abuja for 4 yrs while attending University of Abuja,my dad had a house in the city and i was always there for weekend with my girlfriend and some of my boys
i havent seen abuja in about 5yrs,now but i heard it is a much changed place even better than i left it
so here goes, the best pics of abuja

Re: Abuja City - Videos and Photos by THEAMAKA3(f): 4:32pm On Dec 04, 2009
@ paddy_lo
OMG!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!! kiss kiss kiss
Abuja, mehn, i gotta visit that place.
im about heading out now, but i will come back later to check out more of your pics!!
thanks a bunch. grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Top 10 Lagos Slangs You Must Know As A Resident / Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech / Obtaining A Birth Certificate From The National Population Commission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.