Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,848 members, 7,806,398 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:46 PM

I Moved To China For Nigeria’s Sake — Mikel Obi - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Moved To China For Nigeria’s Sake — Mikel Obi (29611 Views)

Mikel Obi And His Daughter's Having A Nice Time (Photos) / Ava And Mia Mikel Obi Show Their Winning Medals At Sports Day In School / Mikel Obi Reacts To Buhari's Wife In Kitchen Comment With This Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Moved To China For Nigeria’s Sake — Mikel Obi by damiloladuke: 8:18am On Jan 12, 2017
Super Eagles captain and former Chelsea midfielder John Obi Mikel has explained his recent move to the Chinese Premier League team ,Tianjin Teda.

According to him , despite the fact that he will be getting double his former pay in China, the 29 year old insist the move wasn’t all about money but primarily done to aid Nigeria’s push to be at the 2018 World Cup in Brazil.

“I could easily have stayed in Chelsea for the remaining six months of my contract but it won’t be in the best interest of my nation, as they need me match fit when the World Cup 2018 qualifiers resume”, Mikel told Owngoalnigeria.com.

“It wasn’t an easy decision to make but I seriously need matches to stay fit for Nigeria. Nigerians don’t deserve to miss out of the World Cup after back to back failure to qualify for the Africa Cup of Nations”.

[img]https://4.bp..com/-gjRq7IvnLZU/WHclHn3SItI/AAAAAAADWy0/0N1zp1r42nAksLj4Qv0rRFMZZ5rc_oTdgCLcB/s1600/Untitled.png[/img]

http://www.blackberrybabes.com/2017/01/i-moved-to-china-for-nigerias-sakemikel.html

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Moved To China For Nigeria’s Sake — Mikel Obi by OKorowanta: 8:20am On Jan 12, 2017
Own goal coming to halt our trip to Russia 2018 via MIKEL and his China sojourn.
I hope not.
You went for $140,000 as against $60,000 you
were receiving at Chelsea and you are here yarning Puan undecided

59 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Moved To China For Nigeria’s Sake — Mikel Obi by fuckingAyaya(m): 8:23am On Jan 12, 2017
u move to China for the money bros which Nigeria be that like say u go pass round of 16

33 Likes

Re: I Moved To China For Nigeria’s Sake — Mikel Obi by lifeispeace: 8:29am On Jan 12, 2017
embarassed

mikel boo leave that thing joor.
if you work in shell earning 3m a month and exxon mobil offers you 6m a month who in his right senses wont go..
*plays daddy yo!*
cheesy

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Moved To China For Nigeria’s Sake — Mikel Obi by wordbank(m): 8:31am On Jan 12, 2017
Akuko mike...
Uto ego nwanne

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Moved To China For Nigeria’s Sake — Mikel Obi by Nobody: 8:40am On Jan 12, 2017

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Moved To China For Nigeria’s Sake — Mikel Obi by Nobody: 8:41am On Jan 12, 2017
If you didn't leave Chelsea for the money abeg donate the excess to charity then I go know say you dey serious.

27 Likes

Re: I Moved To China For Nigeria’s Sake — Mikel Obi by CplusJason: 8:50am On Jan 12, 2017
grin Mikel, Mikel. grin

Anyway, I wan leave nairaland go Linda Ikeji's blog for the sake of my family and friends.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Moved To China For Nigeria’s Sake — Mikel Obi by zabadii(m): 11:14am On Jan 12, 2017
Uncle Mikel

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Moved To China For Nigeria’s Sake — Mikel Obi by OCTAVO: 12:05pm On Jan 12, 2017
Oh?
Re: I Moved To China For Nigeria’s Sake — Mikel Obi by jazinogold(m): 12:06pm On Jan 12, 2017
cheesy
See Mikel the Igbo man wan washy us... cheesy cheesy cheesy

oga u went for the money jor...at least u need it to take care of ur russian bae grin grin

If na cos of Nigeria u go china...abeg me sef wan go because of AFRICA cheesy cheesy cheesy

13 Likes

Re: I Moved To China For Nigeria’s Sake — Mikel Obi by Mechette(m): 12:06pm On Jan 12, 2017
Na so
Re: I Moved To China For Nigeria’s Sake — Mikel Obi by olaolulazio(m): 12:06pm On Jan 12, 2017
no, you moved to China cus of your love for money and cus u realized you've warmed the bench enough for Chelsea.

6 Likes

Re: I Moved To China For Nigeria’s Sake — Mikel Obi by LesbianBoy(m): 12:06pm On Jan 12, 2017
LIEnus mba

Infact

LIEon angry

2 Likes

Re: I Moved To China For Nigeria’s Sake — Mikel Obi by Henrolla(m): 12:06pm On Jan 12, 2017
okay. interesting.
alongside the high pay which is a motivating factor.
Our guy is in China na, no more stories and excuses

Mikel my man..
Re: I Moved To China For Nigeria’s Sake — Mikel Obi by indutaurus: 12:06pm On Jan 12, 2017
Loved it! It locks my apps and takes a pic of anyone who tries to get in my tablet! Good protection. Directly hide any photos, no need to move memory card to phone memory. Love it. Highly recommended. Leo privacy.https:///leoforum1
Re: I Moved To China For Nigeria’s Sake — Mikel Obi by TeamSimple(m): 12:07pm On Jan 12, 2017
This your reasoning no be here o Mikel.
You had the chance of moving to another club in Europe. Valencia and marseille were keenly interested o

6 Likes

Re: I Moved To China For Nigeria’s Sake — Mikel Obi by seXytOhbAd(m): 12:07pm On Jan 12, 2017
I left Nigeria for the UK for nigeria's sake too. Make we hear we word. We all will leave Yankee for Somalia if alert na gbagam. $140,000/week na GBAGAM.

3 Likes

Re: I Moved To China For Nigeria’s Sake — Mikel Obi by Adonis7: 12:08pm On Jan 12, 2017

grin grin grin
Kikikikiki

Nigga is damn hilarious grin

Messi is the second best player in the world (kill yourself), has enough playing time at Barca, isn't even the only star in Argentina

Yet he's still yet to record an international success with the team

And you're here telling me playing for Tianjin will enable you be in better shape

If he wanted to be in good form, why not join a more competitive league like La Liga (Valencia) or Ligue 1 (Marseille)

Find another Tori yarn abeg undecided

#Adonis7HasSpoken

4 Likes

Re: I Moved To China For Nigeria’s Sake — Mikel Obi by Guyman02: 12:08pm On Jan 12, 2017
I admire his sense of patriotism when he had to pay the hotel bills of the Dream Team in Brazil to avoid national embarrassment for NFF.
Wishing him success in China

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Moved To China For Nigeria’s Sake — Mikel Obi by asumo12: 12:09pm On Jan 12, 2017
Ediot for whos sake mbok?

2 Likes

Re: I Moved To China For Nigeria’s Sake — Mikel Obi by bigerboy200: 12:09pm On Jan 12, 2017
Lmao
Re: I Moved To China For Nigeria’s Sake — Mikel Obi by Teeeecash(m): 12:09pm On Jan 12, 2017
lol. . . .if u move 2 china becos of naija mke i shit android phone. . . #yimu
Re: I Moved To China For Nigeria’s Sake — Mikel Obi by rasazee(m): 12:09pm On Jan 12, 2017
who no know say na because of money u go china. chelsea even pay u for d remaining 6 months of ur contract

2 Likes

Re: I Moved To China For Nigeria’s Sake — Mikel Obi by onosprince(m): 12:09pm On Jan 12, 2017
Bloody liar

2 Likes

Re: I Moved To China For Nigeria’s Sake — Mikel Obi by dee02(m): 12:09pm On Jan 12, 2017
Shut up Mikel and get on with it!
Moved to China for Nigeria's sake indeed!

3 Likes

Re: I Moved To China For Nigeria’s Sake — Mikel Obi by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jan 12, 2017
Yinmu..Not because your career is getting over and you went to collect your own share of China money..

It used be Arab money, let's just hope those Chinese people are not paying in fake currency grin

I would move to north korea if I were in your shoesgrin

1 Like

Re: I Moved To China For Nigeria’s Sake — Mikel Obi by dacovajnr: 12:10pm On Jan 12, 2017
OoooBii Oniro!why you no go Valencia or Marseille where u go see better ball play..na money Mata be this Ogagrin

3 Likes

Re: I Moved To China For Nigeria’s Sake — Mikel Obi by emmabest2000(m): 12:10pm On Jan 12, 2017
OKorowanta:
Own goal coming to halt our trip to Russia 2018 via MIKEL and his China sojourn.
I hope not.
You went for $140,000 as against $60,000 you
were receiving at Chelsea and you are here yarning Puan undecided

You ....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Moved To China For Nigeria’s Sake — Mikel Obi by free2ryhme: 12:11pm On Jan 12, 2017
Which nigeria,

Na money, stop lying grin

2 Likes

Re: I Moved To China For Nigeria’s Sake — Mikel Obi by eagleonearth(m): 12:12pm On Jan 12, 2017
Let nobody ever cast any stone on this guy here. Great move bro. Football is all about playing and staying fit and not just earning salary and fading away like the morning stars. It's been a long time coming mikel. Wishing you a great experience in Asia. We also hope you'll do us proud come 2018.

PS: how can you ever satisfy people? The same people who have been shouting themselves hoarse because of mikel 's refusal to leave Chelsea are now here debating whether he left because of pay or not Mikel no send all of una. Na una money abi na una career?

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Joseph Yobo Strikes A Pose With His Kids (Photos) / Zidane Named World’s Best Manager Ahead Of Klopp, Guardiola / Sure Fixture ( Match) For Tomorrow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.