Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,064 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:22 AM

Mr Eazi And Juliet Ibrahim Say Ghana Influenced Nigerian Music, Nigerians React - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Mr Eazi And Juliet Ibrahim Say Ghana Influenced Nigerian Music, Nigerians React (41388 Views)

E-Money And Juliet Okonkwo Celebrate 10th Wedding Anniversary (Photos) / Davido’s Son Models For Mario And Juliet As Brand Ambassador, Hours After Birth / Mike Godson And Juliet Ibrahim Pictured Together After Yesterday's News (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mr Eazi And Juliet Ibrahim Say Ghana Influenced Nigerian Music, Nigerians React by kendrick9(m): 12:09pm On Jan 12, 2017
BrutalJab:
Nigerians no dey like hear the truth maybe because their leaders don brainwash dem with too much lie sha.

Mad over you by Runtown sounded Ghanaian. fact
maybe because the song was actually about falling in love with a ghanian girl.
Re: Mr Eazi And Juliet Ibrahim Say Ghana Influenced Nigerian Music, Nigerians React by Phobia1: 12:11pm On Jan 12, 2017
BrutalJab:

Is Nigeria better than Ghana in anyway
Ghana might seems better than naija in government performance but Ghana is just Ibadan in Nigeria maybe + Ebonyi. So comparing Ghana Nd naija is notjustok.com

1 Like

Re: Mr Eazi And Juliet Ibrahim Say Ghana Influenced Nigerian Music, Nigerians React by swaeixlord: 12:14pm On Jan 12, 2017
Re: Mr Eazi And Juliet Ibrahim Say Ghana Influenced Nigerian Music, Nigerians React by jomoh: 12:15pm On Jan 12, 2017
ovaRAYted:

It'll be a very long list my mann

-Baba fela in '67 after stayin in ghana for a while and soaking up their style,returned to Nigeria with a new musical direction he tagged "afrobeat"..hence its birth in nigeria and fusion in our music.
-olamide_first of all
-wande coal-bumper 2 bumper and kiss your hand
-wizkid-azonto
-yemi alade-kofi annan
-psquare_alingo
-lynxx-ghana girls
-viktoh-skibii that....etc

Fact enough for yo?? undecided

And how many Ghanaian music have you listened to think that Nigerian music Don comand greater influence over their.

Music is a global thing so if someone loves your music and deems it good enough to include a line or two in his own does that make it an influence on the whole Nigerian music industry?

-Missy Elliot dance shoki in her song
-Pitbull and some other artist remixed Dbanj's Oliver twist music
-Drake jumped on wizkids Ojuelegba sound
-Destiny's child sang a popular Nigeria church song
-2face's African queen was used as a sound track in the movie Phat girls

Does that now mean Nigerian music is having influence on the American music?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mr Eazi And Juliet Ibrahim Say Ghana Influenced Nigerian Music, Nigerians React by nom44311: 12:28pm On Jan 12, 2017
DEIFIED:
Both Ghanaians and Nigeria music's are craps.

True ma niccur
Re: Mr Eazi And Juliet Ibrahim Say Ghana Influenced Nigerian Music, Nigerians React by Phobia1: 12:28pm On Jan 12, 2017
Zedoo:
Ghana changed Nigerian music THRICE!!!!

First with VIP on "ahumka womu" then sarkodie on AZONTO,
AND then joey b and sarkodie on TONGA...

THE SOUND OF THOSE SONGS TOTALLY SHIFTED THE sound scope of Nigerian MUSIC,

And no Nigerian thus far has managed that Tonga sound better than Mr Eazi.

Nigerians gat too much pride OVER NOTHING...
They produce nothing competently but they are the giant of Africa by virtue of QUANTITY...population....

Now they wana argue with this...you cant even make a decent case.
U must think u r making sense while ur not.
I pity u.

4 Likes

Re: Mr Eazi And Juliet Ibrahim Say Ghana Influenced Nigerian Music, Nigerians React by enyi225(m): 12:33pm On Jan 12, 2017
run town mad over you has Ghana written all over it,gv or tak a couple of other songs. but to say they influenced 9ja music? dats just trash
Re: Mr Eazi And Juliet Ibrahim Say Ghana Influenced Nigerian Music, Nigerians React by nom44311: 12:33pm On Jan 12, 2017
howfarwhatagwan:
I think if they had said 'Ghana music influenced crap Nigerian music' I will probably agree with them BUT saying it influenced Nigerian music is laughable because it means you are saying great music from the likes of Fela, Paul play, Sunny Nneji, Palntaishun boyz, Styl plus, 2 Baba, Onyeka Onwenu, Victor O, Faze, Sound Sultan sounds like Ghana sound or imagine even Brymo hahaha that is delusional...Anyway I no blame them na pikin dey worry them... They have no idea what good Nigerian music is because of the Mumu Music churned out by both Ghanaian and Nigerian upcoming artistes..

Mtscheww

Case closed !
Re: Mr Eazi And Juliet Ibrahim Say Ghana Influenced Nigerian Music, Nigerians React by abdulkayus(m): 12:34pm On Jan 12, 2017
jomoh:

And how many Ghanaian music have you listened to think that Nigerian music Don comand greater influence over their.

Music is a global thing so if someone loves your music and deems it good enough to include a line or two in his own does that make it an influence on the whole Nigerian music industry?

-Missy Elliot dance shoki in her song
-Pitbull and some other artist remixed Dbanj's Oliver twist music
-Drake jumped on wizkids Ojuelegba sound
-Destiny's child sang a popular Nigeria church song
-2face's African queen was used as a sound track in the movie Phat girls

Does that now mean Nigerian music is having influence on the American music?

All wat u said is being different from it ia being discuss. Does all those u mentioned use afro beat, high life, and gban gban gban we are use to in their music? Nope. Those d sound dey jump has an overall effect in their music? Nope. So, ur examples are nt good enough. Example, many of u guys do think high life na naija own am nt knowing that high life originated from Ghana and we have so much infused into ours. What abt d azonto beat, alqaida beat amd dance? Where do dey originate from? Let us be frank abeg.
Re: Mr Eazi And Juliet Ibrahim Say Ghana Influenced Nigerian Music, Nigerians React by idesylvester(m): 12:50pm On Jan 12, 2017
Don't make ur name turn from ovaRAYted to ovaHATed... If u r a Ghanaian just tell make
We know
ovaRAYted:
Smh..Twitter NG and irrelevant lashing/trolling.

He has a point anyway,even after downloading runtown's banger-mad over you-i was seriously thinking its mr.eazi or someother ghanian crooner...nigerian artistes are now inculcating ghana style in their music and vice-versa and theres absolutely nothing wrong with that
Re: Mr Eazi And Juliet Ibrahim Say Ghana Influenced Nigerian Music, Nigerians React by Dongreat(m): 12:51pm On Jan 12, 2017
BlossomedCherry:
Me no like slow ballet dance.

Seen. Now you know how different music taste. I don't like raza taza dance. Seems too rough for me.
Re: Mr Eazi And Juliet Ibrahim Say Ghana Influenced Nigerian Music, Nigerians React by Dongreat(m): 12:54pm On Jan 12, 2017
fabre4:

thank you bro, you said it all. Am a sia music lover also have you listened to bird set free and battle cry they are making sense. I stopped listening to naija music a long time ago and its even hard for me to listen to songs that ain't sia's that's Gospel music included

Wow, rare to see a Nigerian who adore Sia genius. The lady is just too good and she's my queen of pop. I haven't listened to the music you referred but I will purchase em ASAP as I know since it's from Sia then there's everything gold about it.

1 Like

Re: Mr Eazi And Juliet Ibrahim Say Ghana Influenced Nigerian Music, Nigerians React by Dongreat(m): 12:58pm On Jan 12, 2017
Heavance:

I thought I was the only one who realized this guy is not original yet, how can he keep using same beat with a little addition.
Listen to all his tracks from beginning, they all sound alike......

This guy was just referring to Timaya who keeps using Ghanian beats, and keep repeating lyrics from beginning to end

He uses same beat and worse still no meaningful lyrics. He knows about the crazy love for beats by Nigerians and he tapped into their weakness. He is same as "Kiss Daniels" who also uses same beats in all his songs. There's nothing about him that is original and at this rate he will fade away soon just like "Blackface".
Re: Mr Eazi And Juliet Ibrahim Say Ghana Influenced Nigerian Music, Nigerians React by jomoh: 1:09pm On Jan 12, 2017
abdulkayus:

All wat u said is being different from it ia being discuss. Does all those u mentioned use afro beat, high life, and gban gban gban we are use to in their music? Nope. Those d sound dey jump has an overall effect in their music? Nope. So, ur examples are nt good enough. Example, many of u guys do think high life na naija own am nt knowing that high life originated from Ghana and we have so much infused into ours. What abt d azonto beat, alqaida beat amd dance? Where do dey originate from? Let us be frank abeg.

So azonto is a beat and not a dance?

By your analysis French music has influence over Nigerian music because we do the dab dance and create songs tailored to it.

Your analysis is simply floored because by your analysis, all Ghanaian musics are original with no Nigerian Influnce.

Or do you want to tell me shoki and shakiti bobo dances never made it past the Nigerian shores. if it does, does that mean Nigerian music had influence over that country's music.

In fact I just saw a Ugandan footballer do the shoki dance on tv while typing this are u saying Nigerian music had huge influence over theirs.

like I said music is a global phenomenon people choose which one appeals to them at everypoint in time but to say Ghanaian musics influence over naija own cannot be over stated means it must have had a very huge I mean huge impact on the Nigerian music.

Highlife is restricted to the south east and not a national thing. Afro beats/Afro hiphop is an African thing from Togo to south Africa to Kenya to Tanzania to Nigeria. it is what all African Music is refered to and not a Ghanaian thing.

The original American hip-hop was started by black decendants of slaves transported from Africa most of them who carried along their local music. Report has it that one in every black man has a Nigerian origin. Can we safely say the influence of Nigerian music on the hip-hop is huge.

1 Like

Re: Mr Eazi And Juliet Ibrahim Say Ghana Influenced Nigerian Music, Nigerians React by ovaRAYted(m): 1:19pm On Jan 12, 2017
idesylvester:
Don't make ur name turn from ovaRAYted to ovaHATed... If u r a Ghanaian just tell make
We know

I'm not sure if you're trolling me or your just naturally stupid. . . .i stated facts without taking sides and that made me ghanaian??

Bros stand well....your moniker tells just how confused your life is
Re: Mr Eazi And Juliet Ibrahim Say Ghana Influenced Nigerian Music, Nigerians React by Blonchilli(m): 1:31pm On Jan 12, 2017
Dongreat:
Music is a food to the soul but does that include music from either Ghana or Nigeria? I have listened to the guy songs and one word "TRASH". He just murmured all over his songs while repeating rubbish lyrics with no meaningful rhymes and still shouting "Mr EAZI". He use one beat pattern to cover all these flaws and like many Nigerians with no sense for the importance of lyric but mad over beats, they called and crowned him Next Rated, just like they did to Mr Skibo and Rekedo banks but where is the rated among these mentioned.
Well people music taste are different but for music to be a food then it has to deliver meaningful lyrics. The great Fela has no sense of rhymes but his lyrics are heart touching, making his Afro songs original. I listened to Titanium, Bang your Head, The Greatest, Elastic Heart by Sia and even as she is no preacher, her words on those songs are powerful than any man of God I have encountered.

"They call me Mr Eazi and Life is Easy because I roll with Wizzy, oya zagga that". And you call that music??
You nailed it. We don't have any real artiste except Asa. I listen to her lyrics and they mean something. Artiste like Sia speak to my soul. Look at Kelly Clarkson Piece by Piece, I cried when I listened to that song. I haven't blinked an eye for any Nigerian/Ghanian song. They nothing but crap

1 Like

Re: Mr Eazi And Juliet Ibrahim Say Ghana Influenced Nigerian Music, Nigerians React by Just30: 1:43pm On Jan 12, 2017
jomoh:

So azonto is a beat and not a dance?

By your analysis French music has influence over Nigerian music because we do the dab dance and create songs tailored to it.

Your analysis is simply floored because by your analysis, all Ghanaian musics are original with no Nigerian Influnce.

Or do you want to tell me shoki and shakiti bobo dances never made it past the Nigerian shores. if it does, does that mean Nigerian music had influence over that country's music.

In fact I just saw a Ugandan footballer do the shoki dance on tv while typing this are u saying Nigerian music had huge influence over theirs.

like I said music is a global phenomenon people choose which one appeals to them at everypoint in time but to say Ghanaian musics influence over naija own cannot be over stated means it must have had a very huge I mean huge impact on the Nigerian music.

Highlife is restricted to the south east and not a national thing. Afro beats/Afro hiphop is an African thing from Togo to south Africa to Kenya to Tanzania to Nigeria. it is what all African Music is refered to and not a Ghanaian thing.

The original American hip-hop was started by black decendants of slaves transported from Africa most of them who carried along their local music. Report has it that one in every black man has a Nigerian origin. Can we safely say the influence of Nigerian music on the hip-hop is huge.
Afro beats was shaped by Ghanaian High Life music especially in Nigeria. If you ever read most books on west African music, you will know that.
Re: Mr Eazi And Juliet Ibrahim Say Ghana Influenced Nigerian Music, Nigerians React by micxwell(m): 1:47pm On Jan 12, 2017
Dongreat:
Music is a food to the soul but does that include music from either Ghana or Nigeria? I have listened to the guy songs and one word "TRASH". He just murmured all over his songs while repeating rubbish lyrics with no meaningful rhymes and still shouting "Mr EAZI". He use one beat pattern to cover all these flaws and like many Nigerians with no sense for the importance of lyric but mad over beats, they called and crowned him Next Rated, just like they did to Mr Skibo and Rekedo banks but where is the rated among these mentioned.
Well people music taste are different but for music to be a food then it has to deliver meaningful lyrics. The great Fela has no sense of rhymes but his lyrics are heart touching, making his Afro songs original. I listened to Titanium, Bang your Head, The Greatest, Elastic Heart by Sia and even as she is no preacher, her words on those songs are powerful than any man of God I have encountered.

"They call me Mr Eazi and Life is Easy because I roll with Wizzy, oya zagga that". And you call that music??
I just heard one MrEazi won at the HEADIES. Don't even know him or what he looks like until now. For those tracks by Sia, I completely agree with you.

1 Like

Re: Mr Eazi And Juliet Ibrahim Say Ghana Influenced Nigerian Music, Nigerians React by Just30: 1:47pm On Jan 12, 2017
enyi225:
run town mad over you has Ghana written all over it,gv or tak a couple of other songs. but to say they influenced 9ja music? dats just trash
The school of Music should be your tourist center by now
Re: Mr Eazi And Juliet Ibrahim Say Ghana Influenced Nigerian Music, Nigerians React by Just30: 1:49pm On Jan 12, 2017
Phobia1:

Ghana might seems better than naija in government performance but Ghana is just Ibadan in Nigeria maybe + Ebonyi. So comparing Ghana Nd naija is notjustok.com
you are poor at geography
Re: Mr Eazi And Juliet Ibrahim Say Ghana Influenced Nigerian Music, Nigerians React by Just30: 1:51pm On Jan 12, 2017
Phobia1:
Maybe what he's saying is the truth but in the wrong way. It's should be Nigeria music influenced Ghana music and vice versa.
Not that Ghana music influenced... ha ha. rubbish.
We are their big brother in Africa, the earlier they accept that the better.
very soon now they will compare Nollywood to their own wood sef. yeye.
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy You should try asking Fella Kuti, what shaped the now popular Afro beat and how he had to borrow all the time from High Life
Re: Mr Eazi And Juliet Ibrahim Say Ghana Influenced Nigerian Music, Nigerians React by Just30: 1:59pm On Jan 12, 2017
gbemmy2k10:
Next thing they will say nollywood is greatly influenced by ghana because one
patience ozorkwu is using ghana must go to pack poisoned yam
It's a known fact that High Life music was what framed Afro beats. It well documented in most Books written on West African Music. It's not my fault that you dont know, im not responsible for taking history lessons out of the class rooms in Nigeria
Re: Mr Eazi And Juliet Ibrahim Say Ghana Influenced Nigerian Music, Nigerians React by Zedoo(m): 2:04pm On Jan 12, 2017
Phobia1:

U must think u r making sense while ur not.
I pity u.

Egocentric Nigerian.
Ok.
Re: Mr Eazi And Juliet Ibrahim Say Ghana Influenced Nigerian Music, Nigerians React by micxwell(m): 2:08pm On Jan 12, 2017
masseratti:
i won't come to your level of using street language,
Just couple of questions,
2009/10 Nigerian music hip-hop and now Do they have anything in common?
no2 have you ever being to Ghana before?
no3 have you heard of Ghanian songs of that time 2009/2010?
no4 can you play any instrument at all?
If you can answer any of the above, then we can talk reasonably.
Lol, haba bro, have mercy ehn. biko
Re: Mr Eazi And Juliet Ibrahim Say Ghana Influenced Nigerian Music, Nigerians React by hustleranthem(m): 2:11pm On Jan 12, 2017
If u mention Kiss Daniel name again..na s from above u go receive..try listen to New Era album make ur highness clear..
Dongreat:

He uses same beat and worse still no meaningful lyrics. He knows about the crazy love for beats by Nigerians and he tapped into their weakness. He is same as "Kiss Daniels" who also uses same beats in all his songs. There's nothing about him that is original and at this rate he will fade away soon just like "Blackface".
Re: Mr Eazi And Juliet Ibrahim Say Ghana Influenced Nigerian Music, Nigerians React by Dongreat(m): 2:13pm On Jan 12, 2017
hustleranthem:
If u mention Kiss Daniel name again..na s from above u go receive..try listen to New Era album make ur highness clear..

You may be his fan and I congratulate you for that but my opinion on his style of music remain the same.
Re: Mr Eazi And Juliet Ibrahim Say Ghana Influenced Nigerian Music, Nigerians React by Dongreat(m): 2:18pm On Jan 12, 2017
Blonchilli:

You nailed it. We don't have any real artiste except Asa. I listen to her lyrics and they mean something. Artiste like Sia speak to my soul. Look at Kelly Clarkson Piece by Piece, I cried when I listened to that song. I haven't blinked an eye for any Nigerian/Ghanian song. They nothing but crap

Crap is an understatement. And worse is they (Nigerian Artists) always feel on top of the world while artist like Sia, Adele, Miguel, Ed Shareen, the late Marvin Gaye, and a few I can't remember with music that would leave footprints forever are calm and doesn't show off. Well empty drums sound loudest.

1 Like

Re: Mr Eazi And Juliet Ibrahim Say Ghana Influenced Nigerian Music, Nigerians React by hustleranthem(m): 2:21pm On Jan 12, 2017
Dongreat:

You may be his fan and I congratulate you for that but my opinion on his style of music remain the same.
alrite..but Kiss is dope..seriously on his own level

1 Like

Re: Mr Eazi And Juliet Ibrahim Say Ghana Influenced Nigerian Music, Nigerians React by moshould(m): 2:21pm On Jan 12, 2017
no be una fault, if no be our useless rulers wey greedy, una for get mouth talk to naija any how // no be PUFF PUFF sellers GHANA pple dey sell for lasgidi ?
Re: Mr Eazi And Juliet Ibrahim Say Ghana Influenced Nigerian Music, Nigerians React by idesylvester(m): 2:34pm On Jan 12, 2017
Rubbish is my word paining u? shocked
ovaRAYted:

I'm not sure if you're trolling me or your just naturally stupid. . . .i stated facts without taking sides and that made me ghanaian grin??

Bros stand well....your moniker tells just how confused your life is
Re: Mr Eazi And Juliet Ibrahim Say Ghana Influenced Nigerian Music, Nigerians React by Heavance(m): 2:41pm On Jan 12, 2017
Dongreat:

Brother you wicked o, see as you end the thing with Blackface.
I can't laugh abeg

1 Like

Re: Mr Eazi And Juliet Ibrahim Say Ghana Influenced Nigerian Music, Nigerians React by johncreek: 3:04pm On Jan 12, 2017
ovaRAYted:
Smh..Twitter NG and irrelevant lashing/trolling.

He has a point anyway,even after downloading runtown's banger-mad over you-i was seriously thinking its mr.eazi or someother ghanian crooner...nigerian artistes are now inculcating ghana style in their music and vice-versa and theres absolutely nothing wrong with that
Kwasia!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Comedian Funnybone And Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde's Throwback Photo / R.kelly Releases 19-Minute Track, "I Admit" Addressing His Sex Cult Allegation / Joke Silva Celebrates Her 59th Birthday With Stunning Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.