Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,647 members, 7,801,883 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:38 AM

On Vacation: New York City - Travel (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / On Vacation: New York City (211678 Views)

Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days / 5 Things Most Nigerians Do On Vacation Abroad / Nigerian Woman Gives Birth On A Plane En Route New York - Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (53) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 12:13pm On Jun 17, 2017
NYC.....culinary trip by request!...just around the local area....Harlem. P&M Classic... labeled Pizza Shop... great pizza... small spot..owner personally makes the pizza....the old fashioned way...with a whole heap of pride! ...food is also great... home made! ... if you don't like anything here...then you should ehmmm.... stay home and cook for yourself!

2 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 12:33pm On Jun 17, 2017
NYC...Americans are getting health conscious and are now questioning what they eat...no longer gobbling down anything all because of taste. McDonald's. ..Burger King. .and the other famous ones are taking a hit to the fast upcoming health conscious food chains. The fastest rising and enemy #1 to the established eateries is Chipotle. ... where the use of non GMO food sources is the biggest attraction. Hmmm.... well you choose what you want...this was ehmmm.... chicken (little pieces....not the place if you want to eat like ehmmm... a crocodile!)..vegetable rice... red beans...green peppers and some other stuff that looked good to me!

5 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 12:46pm On Jun 17, 2017
NYC.....lots of eateries....like churches in your area!...competition is stiff... must be on point with foods and customer service! Dominican.....Mexican....Bono think Italian/Mediterranean. ...for the ones with deeper pockets... almost always in the kitchen.... Hispanics/Blacks!

4 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 1:02pm On Jun 17, 2017
NYC....the hustle. When things don't work out. ..and getting money is a must. .. there is like nothing that doesn't have its pro's!...competition in everything. Most empty beverage cans...soda/beer.... and plastic beverage bottles can be turned in at locations for 5 cents each ...mehn...people have their own turf! Mexican grandma on way home with grandson..I think!...got this building covered.... knew what time they would bring out the recyclables! Next location...another guy had that one covered!

4 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 11:52am On Jun 18, 2017
NYC... foggy morning...high rises lost in the fog. Tried finding the last of the famous Hatian finger licking seed gnawing mangoes. .. oh well... really the last..not in good condition and the price...more like a ransom! See price for cancer killing soursop?..yea..US $9.99 per pound/500 grams... sold by weight.

4 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by electronic(m): 5:05pm On Jun 19, 2017
shocked. shocked
See Foods na...
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Iamsheye(m): 9:08pm On Jun 19, 2017
Nice thread i must say
Re: On Vacation: New York City by claremont(m): 9:52pm On Jun 19, 2017
Awesome thread! grin

Please, post pictures of Nigerian/Afro-caribbean food and restaurants if you can. I'm yet to see pictures of restaurants that sell well-made Nigerian cuisine; maybe you are not keen on nigerian food? I think it would help if people back in Nigeria and elsewhere see how well (or not) restaurants in NY (or elsewhere in USA) present Nigerian cuisine.

However, this is a brilliant thread! grin
Re: On Vacation: New York City by deeep(f): 9:59pm On Jun 19, 2017
nice thread...but this foods eh can make someone hungry
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Laidaymoh: 4:54am On Jun 20, 2017
Originalsly:
NYC.....world famous Madison Square Garden (thanks to Mohammed Ali). View from ehmm. ..Hilton Hotel roof garden...like 50/60 floors?...not sure..but damn sure I'll be splattered on the street if I jump off!...and yeaaa!...discovered another 'African' restaurant. Was disappointed.... salivated in vain.....no bush meat!

Hey everyone, I would be going to New York City next week with my fiancee, please if you have any useful information regarding how we can get an apartment/room for rent.
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 10:28am On Jun 22, 2017
NYC....June 21...official start of Summer... day the sun goes farthest north. .. the longest day...the shortest night...sun rises the earliest...sets the latest.
5:00 a.m ..... sun already on the rise.
5:30 ...... already risen.

2 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 10:30am On Jun 22, 2017
NYC

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 11:07am On Jun 22, 2017
NYC...8:00 p.m. Midtown Manhattan
8:30 p.m Brooklyn Bridge approach

2 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 11:08am On Jun 22, 2017
NYC

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 11:09am On Jun 22, 2017
NYC...8:45 p.m....view of New York Harbour from Brooklyn Bridge...Statue of Liberty on Liberty Island on the right.

2 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Nig4Greatness: 3:27pm On Jun 22, 2017
@op.... .WELLdone!!! But how do you explain your vacation timeline since January and this is June?.
Are you 4 real?..it's even a surprise you didn't featured in any of over 100s pictures you put out there.it's time you lay this to rest bro and find serious work to do.

P.S......Why don't you change the headline from vacation in New York to something like NYC tourist attractions cos that's what these whole stuffs seem to me.

8 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 4:53pm On Jun 22, 2017
Nig4Greatness:
@op.... .WELLdone!!! But how do you explain your vacation experience since January and this is June?.
Are you 4 real?..it's even a surprise you didn't featured in any of over 100s pictures you put out there.it's time you lay this to rest bro and find serious work to do.

P.S......Why don't you change the headline from vacation in New York to something like NYC tourist attractions cos that's what these whole stuffs seem to me.
Was here since December.....last year!...I have long been given an extention due to certain circumstances and can remain until end of July.. ..legally.
On pics.... I prefer to remain anonymous. ... love privacy.
On serious work.... hmmmm...I can see you are engaged in serious work.
On changing headline...you are free to create your own thread and headline.
Thanks for visiting the thread. ...viewing and counting the ehmmm... hundreds of photos and most of all ...leaving a comment.
NYC.....serious work !

31 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Dimejidude(m): 4:55pm On Jun 22, 2017
Nig4Greatness:
@op.... .WELLdone!!! But how

Nigerians.... always hating!
Wetin be your own? Just because you crave for attention, you have ignorantly displayed how foolish you are. Please get a life Sir/Ma.

10 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Nig4Greatness: 5:18pm On Jun 22, 2017
Originalsly:
Was here since December.....last year!...I have long been given an extention due to certain circumstances and can remain until end of July.. ..legally.
On pics.... I prefer to remain anonymous. ... love privacy.
On serious work.... hmmmm...I can see you are engaged in serious work.
On changing headline...you are free to create your own thread and headline.
Thanks for visiting the thread. ...viewing and counting the ehmmm... hundreds of photos and most of all ...leaving a comment.
NYC.....serious work !
@op,I have no reason to doubt your duration of stay ether legally or otherwise,that's none of my business but you should expect people to comment and share their views whatsoever coz this is an open forum.the truth is many people will question the timeline of your posts if they take into consideration your exact headline.
Meanwhile you did answered some of those comments maturely but ended up messing everything up with that last line .that clearly shows your level of civility.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Nig4Greatness: 5:23pm On Jun 22, 2017
Dimejidude:

Nigerians.... always hating!
Wetin be your own? Just because you crave for attention, you have ignorantly displayed how foolish you are. Please get a life Sir/Ma.
Don't know how to respond to that sheer display of ignorance and lack of civility you just displayed up there for the whole world to see.you are one of such deranged lunatic roaming about helplessly.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Dimejidude(m): 6:42pm On Jun 22, 2017
Nig4Greatness:
Don't know how to respond to that sheer display of ignorance and lack of civility you just displayed up there for the whole world to see.you are one of such deranged lunatic roaming about helplessly.
You are basically repeating my comment. Go get a life before it is too late. E pain am!

11 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 11:25am On Jun 26, 2017
NYC....Sanitation. .keeping the city clean...Enforcement. There are the guys that pick up the garbage... has a day and time when it can be put out on the sidewalk for pick up. This was put out late. .. truck already passed.. and now here is the enforcement dep't picking up the garbage...recyclables... and taking it away. Think they get photos..get names and addresses off labels... and will fine the building owner.

3 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 11:26am On Jun 26, 2017
NYC

2 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 11:33am On Jun 26, 2017
NYC....hot day..area being overrun by Columbia University... a prestigious university.. operates like a corporation... pushing out residents and small businesses from this area and erecting more wings and dormitories.

7 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Teeboy22(m): 11:14am On Jun 27, 2017
Originalsly:
NYC....hot day..area being overrun by Columbia University... a prestigious university.. operates like a corporation... pushing out residents and small businesses from this area and erecting more wings and dormitories.

Bros..how far nau....how's Yankee?
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Fish123(m): 11:33am On Jun 27, 2017
Nice thread op
Re: On Vacation: New York City by loomer: 12:29pm On Jun 27, 2017
Teeboy22:

Bros..how far nau....how's Yankee?

You don reach here?
Re: On Vacation: New York City by 3RNEST(m): 2:44pm On Jun 27, 2017
Home sweet home...USA my home.... cool
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 2:58pm On Jun 27, 2017
NYC......Harlem. Professional Dogwalker... see this one all day walking different dogs in the area. He has to be very good at what he does... and more importantly... trusted.

7 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Teeboy22(m): 3:09pm On Jun 27, 2017
loomer:

You don reach here?

I dey here b4 ooh
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 4:09pm On Jun 27, 2017
NYC... They call it graffiti. .say it's bad.. unsightly...it's art to me!..and amazing how quick they do put up these paintings!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (53) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou / Poland Work Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.