Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,841 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:00 AM

On Vacation: New York City - Travel (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / On Vacation: New York City (211097 Views)

Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days / 5 Things Most Nigerians Do On Vacation Abroad / Nigerian Woman Gives Birth On A Plane En Route New York - Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (53) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Nobody: 1:45pm On Aug 08, 2018
When is the best time to visit NYC crowd and weather wise? What are places and activities you recommend that arent heavily touristy, I mean things outside of Times Square, Empire State Building. And do you know if Amtrak service is any good up there, I get very anxious about flying. I am trying to choose between visiting Boston, Seattle, or NYC
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 5:50am On Aug 09, 2018
Backfornow:

When is the best time to visit NYC crowd and weather wise? What are places and activities you recommend that arent heavily touristy, I mean things outside of Times Square, Empire State Building. And do you know if Amtrak service is any good up there, I get very anxious about flying. I am trying to choose between visiting Boston, Seattle, or NYC

Visit NYC...you can never have regrets except not seeing all there is to see because you can't. Best time...now...when schools are closed...also great time for summer clothes shopping because they are on sale to make space for school clothes. Times Square is a must....doesn't matter how many hundred times you saw it on TV ..or how many thousands of photos you have...or no point coming to NYC! Brooklyn Bridge....take taxi/subway....go to the other end...walk back....don't like crowds...go mornings...9 is fine...walk from Brooklyn end...great for snapping Manhattan. Visit Harlem...125th Street....Amtrak does stop there. Harlem is history...walk...see older folks...chat...you will hear history first hand. Visit Schoemberg Museum...135th Street & Lenox Ave...never heard if it I guess...because it is the Museum for Black Culture. Make this a must...if you do and don't think it was worth it. ..I give you permission to come back as often as you can...and insult me...I shall not respond. If you need to get a real feel of NYC hood...go to Polo Grounds... one of the ehmmm...baddest projects...you can walk around the complex as if you know exactly where you are going..nobody will even notice you...let alone try to mug you as soooo many be saying...just don't disrespect anyone in NYC period! Subway...you must take a ride ...can be short...#4 train from Harlem to the Bronx..Yankee Stadium...snap some pictures....then hop back ..short ride above road level...then diving underground and under Harlem River to almost surface back in Harlem. Too many places.
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Nobody: 6:23am On Aug 09, 2018
Originalsly:

Visit NYC...you can never have regrets except not seeing all there is to see because you can't. Best time...now...when schools are closed...also great time for summer clothes shopping because they are on sale to make space for school clothes. Times Square is a must....doesn't matter how many hundred times you saw it on TV ..or how many thousands of photos you have...or no point coming to NYC! Brooklyn Bridge....take taxi/subway....go to the other end...walk back....don't like crowds...go mornings...9 is fine...walk from Brooklyn end...great for snapping Manhattan. Visit Harlem...125th Street....Amtrak does stop there. Harlem is history...walk...see older folks...chat...you will hear history first hand. Visit Schoemberg Museum...135th Street & Lenox Ave...never heard if it I guess...because it is the Museum for Black Culture. Make this a must...if you do and don't think it was worth it. ..I give you permission to come back as often as you can...and insult me...I shall not respond. If you need to get a real feel of NYC hood...go to Polo Grounds... one of the ehmmm...baddest projects...you can walk around the complex as if you know exactly where you are going..nobody will even notice you...let alone try to mug you as soooo many be saying...just don't disrespect anyone in NYC period! Subway...you must take a ride ...can be short...#4 train from Harlem to the Bronx..Yankee Stadium...snap some pictures....then hop back ..short ride above road level...then diving underground and under Harlem River to almost surface back in Harlem. Too many places.

Lol.Now sir, what is the point of giving me permission to come back and insult, if you will not participate in responding. (Shakes my head twice)
Thank you so much for this.!
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 6:45am On Aug 09, 2018
Backfornow:

Lol.Now sir, what is the point of giving me permission to come back and insult, if you will not participate in responding. (Shakes my head twice)
Thank you so much for this.!

Not responding to ??. (scratches head.....twice)
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Nobody: 11:45am On Aug 09, 2018
Originalsly:

Not responding to ??. (scratches head.....twice)

I was joking about..aw never mind, failed attempt. issalright
Anyway thank you for the help. I willl now see if Frank hss shown up on his thread to referee.

2 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by ItzChinnex(m): 12:00am On Aug 11, 2018
Nig4Greatness:
@op,I have no reason to doubt your duration of stay ether legally or otherwise,that's none of my business but you should expect people to comment and share their views whatsoever coz this is an open forum.the truth is many people will question the timeline of your posts if they take into consideration your exact headline.
Meanwhile you did answered some of those comments maturely but ended up messing everything up with that last line .that clearly shows your level of civility.

My friend go and sit down. We are enjoying the thread like that.

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 1:09pm On Aug 11, 2018
NYC.....Movie trailers moving in....shooting yet again. Funny...but we don't be happy at all to see this!...they take up like all the parking space for blocks...then when they are shooting...they want you to wait until they "cut"! At the corner...bright sunny afternoon! ...can't beat the sun here for brilliance!...heat yes..but not brilliance!..sun be shining like it's brand new! Don't ever believe everything here is new and shiny...the older something is. .original and functional... the more pride people have showing it off...and can fetch price too!..and no...the bike is not brown...is rust!...and yes..it has to be locked..or will be gone!The bike...vintage..the car..just old!

3 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 1:44pm On Aug 15, 2018
NYC....too hot..footwear is a must for all creatures great and small! Looking for free Grade A+?...left at mail box..want it take it! ...common thing. Guys and their Classic Cars!

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 2:33pm On Aug 15, 2018
NYC.....on way to dealership. Roasted groundnuts/cashew nuts...this one is not only a business...it is a franchise.

2 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by SkinnyNigga: 7:08am On Aug 17, 2018
Originalsly:
NYC....too hot..footwear is a must for all creatures great and small! Looking for free Grade A+?...left at mail box..want it take it! ...common thing. Guys and their Classic Cars!
you mean all these are for free? Wow
Re: On Vacation: New York City by lastempero: 10:16am On Aug 17, 2018
Originalsly:
NYC.. Upper Manhattan..Harlem . In the hood. ... the "bad" area!

The project!!!

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Homguy(m): 10:57am On Aug 17, 2018
SkinnyNigga:
you mean all these are for free? Wow
if a lot of Nigerians knew they would pick as many as possible of those foot weaars bring them to Naija and start selling, ripping people off.
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 2:39pm On Aug 19, 2018
NYC...too hot!...guess guy had a few drinks and needed urgent rest!...not a footpath. ..grated metal..vent for subway below street.On set...TV Production...ELEMENTARY....shooting scene involving Police and Fire units. Looking across the Hudson to New Jersey.....hot day....Whites sunbathe in their itsy bitsies... while Blacks bleach!

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 2:55pm On Aug 19, 2018
NYC...Queens...residential...a quiet, serene slice of Queens...houses on one side...large park on the other...while a block over....scene changes!.

2 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 8:52am On Aug 21, 2018
NYC....If a bird is to represent NYC..it has to be the pigeon...I swear they lost their natural instinct to find natural foods to survive. This one here ..seen next to a McDonald's. ..I swear..overloaded with French fries and maybe burgers...wayyy overweight...just squatting....too fat to move away from this close up shot...flying is out of the question...not even with an extra pair of wings.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 9:21am On Aug 21, 2018
NYC...Harlem Day. ..actually weekend!... Huge annual 'Black' Street Fair in Harlem. Stage show.....various vendors...car show..great vibes..whole lot of love..feels like a family reunion. Janet Jackson made an appearance. Live performances...tribute to Aretha Franklin. ..some powwwerful singers!

3 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by KendrickAyomide: 10:50pm On Aug 22, 2018
See places God. these are my fantasies.
steady pressing. oluwa bless the hustle
I'll sleep when i am in New York City.

2 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by sharpman1(m): 12:07am On Aug 23, 2018
Was in NYC last month.

Stayed in Hampton Inn Manhattan / Times Square South and visited lots of nice places.

By the way.....there's filth on some streets in NYC. No be only Mushin dey dirty.

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Fourcade(m): 12:25am On Aug 23, 2018
Originalsly:
NYC....If a bird is to represent NYC..it has to be the pigeon...I swear they lost their natural instinct to find natural foods to survive. This one here ..seen next to a McDonald's. ..I swear..overloaded with French fries and maybe burgers...wayyy overweight...just squatting....too fat to move away from this close up shot...flying is out of the question...not even with an extra pair of wings.
Lol! grin grin grin
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 3:48am On Aug 23, 2018
sharpman1:

Was in NYC last month.

Stayed in Hampton Inn Manhattan / Times Square South and visited lots of nice places.

By the way.....there's filth on some streets in NYC. No be only Mushin dey dirty.

Bro....that's not filth...it's garbage put out for collection....garbage in black bags...cardboard in the clear ones...and they are put out there between specific hours on specific days. BTW...I know that pic is nowhere near to Times Square...is it in the Bronx?

6 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 2:05am On Aug 26, 2018
NYC....Bikes...be seeing a lot...but these two stand out...Suzuki something...crammed with engine..iced with chrome. Harley Davidson....just the basics...but handlebars modified to make sure no short arm person be riding this baby .2019 Toyota Avalon XSE.....cheap!

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 2:16am On Aug 26, 2018
NYC...... Regular people.......on a beautiful summer day! Drying clothes on line...five floors up in apartment building!..a rare sight...some people just refuse to adapt! I would say Fruit Soaps!..I wanted to go for banana soap...but I already bananas.......and though about bees coming after me... $2.99 a bar! Went to this building...floor tiles with swastika. ..Nazi symbol...is it?

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 12:07pm On Aug 26, 2018
NYC...Took some visiting friends to Times Square..around 9 p.m on Sunday...tourists rush hour!..I prefer around midnight. Street performers...some kind acrobatics...then they collect tips....and theybdo make money...lots of it....full time job!

2 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 12:33pm On Aug 26, 2018
NYC...this one with her flat yansh collect cash for snapping pic with you...and people do.I wasn't impressed...not at all.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Vacation: New York City by sharpman1(m): 3:44pm On Aug 26, 2018
Originalsly:
NYC...this one with her flat yansh collect cash for snapping pic with you...and people do.I wasn't impressed...not at all.

Lol. I saw this girl. There were two of them.

People paying to take pictures.

Was surprised they made more money than one other guy playing a musical instrument nearby.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 12:02am On Aug 27, 2018
NYC...Brownsville, Brooklyn...the baddest hood in Brooklyn. Summer Block 'Party' on this block....free food to anyone..lots of fun. .. even when invited..main stream media would not respond..but should there be anything bad/negative...breaking news!

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Trenton: 3:01pm On Aug 28, 2018
@orignalsly u deserve an award for helping us see Nyc thru ur eyes, u deserve an award, thanks,shukriya,gracias,

5 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Nostradamus: 8:09am On Aug 30, 2018
Originalsly:
nice pics,that black queen on the right walking her pet dog,if it were to be in nigeria,some people would have accuse her of witchcraft and possessing a dog to commit evil grin

4 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by AlphaStyles(m): 11:34am On Aug 30, 2018
You know whats funny people paying to snap with flat nyash grin when i am not mad nice thread op

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Jamestown123: 12:11pm On Aug 30, 2018
Please boss, where is the cheapest area to stay in new York? I was thinking about going to australia but is like Nyc get future pass.
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 6:05pm On Sep 09, 2018
NYC.....Garbage collection....the City Sanitation picks up household garbage for free...from pampers to refrigerators.....while private sanitation companies must be contracted to pick up commercial garbage...garbage from a store/business....construction/demolition waste. This is a private contractor...and the youngest most fragile looking workers I've ever seen!
School Bus picking up handicapped kid to take to day care...free service by the city....all good. ..bUT not when by law I have to stop and wait until he is finished loading and turns off his flashing red lights before I can keep it moving!
FDNY....Fire Dept New York.... they have divisions and operate out of different fire houses...they share in some..they specialize in certain areas of fire fighting. This vehicle is from the Ladder Unit...they specialize in getting victims out of buildings via ladder. Because of tight turns...there is 4 wheel steering. ..the guy perched at the back steers the rear wheel can turn just like front wheels do. Driver in front and steering mam at back MUST always be on the same page!....can we manage that?!..."ehmm...is not my fault now.... I thought we were turning right. ..I didn't know was left. End of truck.
And if you think newer cars...or classics only... a healthy 1994 Toyota Corolla just going with the flow!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (53) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou / Poland Work Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.