Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,760 members, 7,806,079 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:07 AM

On Vacation: New York City - Travel (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / On Vacation: New York City (211759 Views)

Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days / 5 Things Most Nigerians Do On Vacation Abroad / Nigerian Woman Gives Birth On A Plane En Route New York - Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Canih28: 9:36am On Oct 02, 2020
Originalsly:
NYC... at the mailbox...people love to drop stuff they don't want/no longer need... stuff too good to just dump in the garbage.
WOW, I wish this was happening in Naija.
But how did you know it's FREE?
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Tunmise100(m): 8:27pm On Oct 27, 2020
Enjoy some New York Pics grin

2 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Tunmise100(m): 8:51pm On Oct 27, 2020
Enjoy!

2 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Tunmise100(m): 8:51pm On Oct 27, 2020
Enjoy !!

2 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Tunmise100(m): 8:52pm On Oct 27, 2020
Enjoy !!!

2 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Tunmise100(m): 8:54pm On Oct 27, 2020
Enjoy !!!!

2 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Tunmise100(m): 8:56pm On Oct 27, 2020
Last meal ! (Pre COVID-19)

3 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Onebase79(m): 5:35pm On Sep 14, 2021
@originalsly hope you're good. I just remembered you today.
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Teslason(m): 10:20pm On Nov 05, 2021
Interesting thread!
Originalsy, have you been vaccinated?
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 3:30am On Jan 17, 2022
Teslason:

Interesting thread!
Originalsy, have you been vaccinated?

Hell NO! ..... not mandated as yet at my workplace. Had Covid... before the pandemic ... therefore had the antibodies.... worked through the pandemic.... without masks nor following protocols. Tondate I'm fine.. Any vaccine will be a traditional one ... not mRNA.

@ topic... think this thread is buried in archives... had to go to Google to find it! Much has happened since..... much changes in the city... lots of buildings pulled down... many new ones went up... and are going up. Due to Covid mandates and many now working remote... the city is a lot calmer.... less traffic.... less hustle and bustle ... the buses and trains no longer jam packed as before during rush hours ... despite making less trips. I did snap some pix.... wanted to compare with previous pix to highlight changes... but too much stress. Still planning to do a video only thread... just don't hold your breath!

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 3:41am On Jan 17, 2022
NYC..... this is Sept 30, 2021..... small indepent stores occupied this cleared area but at this point ... the big corporations are at the beginning stage of construction..... removal of soil to begin pile driving and to cast the "basin" .... a few storeys deep below the surface .
On the far end across the narrow street is Juniors Restaurant... which is being dwarfed by a tallllll skinny building which will be the tallest in Brooklyn... the building draped in brown and orange . Last shot... Jan 10, 22.... the building is wayyy too tall to snap in the area..... looks real skinny!

2 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 4:11am On Jan 17, 2022
NYC ... space reserved for update on above.
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 2:54pm On Jan 17, 2022
NYC .... October '21. Was upstairs at this Mall... third floor... heard this bass line from a thunderous sound system... the metal shelving on the walls were rattling to the bass vibrations... found a way to peek outside to see the source. Was actually the end point of a "show car" motorcade promoting Breast Cancer Awareness.
View from upstairs. Source of sound was the gray pick up truck.... in the tray bass system ... inside... the rest!

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 4:53pm On Jan 17, 2022
NYC ... with the COVID-19 mandates ... customers can no longer eat in restaurants unless vaccinated. Since the lockdown ... people had turned to home delivery and that caused a boom in delivery services that is now a norm... the new normal. Electric scooters and ebikes be flittering throughout the city. Need to learn a skill?... ebikes repair.... they will be coming in your neighbourhood!
Ebike sales and repair ... used to be a tiny bicycle repair shop.
Delivery guy waiting to pick up order outside a Noodles Shop.(shop first had a few "African " delivery guys... but they had their friends hanging out in front blasting music and dancing... owner fired all of them... hired Mexicans)
Delivery guy on his way with food in insulated back pack.
Ice cream delivery ... this is the hood... stack of ice cream unattended.. can this happen in your hood? Company hiring drivers.... certification a must!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Teslason(m): 4:02pm On Jan 18, 2022
Originalsly:

Hell NO! ..... not mandated as yet at my workplace. Had Covid... before the pandemic ... therefore had the antibodies.... worked through the pandemic.... without masks nor following protocols. Tondate I'm fine.. Any vaccine will be a traditional one ... not mRNA.

@ topic... think this thread is buried in archives... had to go to Google to find it! Much has happened since..... much changes in the city... lots of buildings pulled down... many new ones went up... and are going up. Due to Covid mandates and many now working remote... the city is a lot calmer.... less traffic.... less hustle and bustle ... the buses and trains no longer jam packed as before during rush hours ... despite making less trips. I did snap some pix.... wanted to compare with previous pix to highlight changes... but too much stress. Still planning to do a video only thread... just don't hold your breath!
I'm holding it already!!!
Take my breath grin

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by TheEnforcer: 7:53pm On Jan 18, 2022
Originalsly:
NYC ... with the COVID-19 mandates ... customers can no longer eat in restaurants unless vaccinated. Since the lockdown ... people had turned to home delivery and that caused a boom in delivery services that is now a norm... the new normal. Electric scooters and ebikes be flittering throughout the city. Need to learn a skill?... ebikes repair.... they will be coming in your neighbourhood!
Ebike sales and repair ... used to be a tiny bicycle repair shop.
Delivery guy waiting to pick up order outside a Noodles Shop.(shop first had a few "African " delivery guys... but they had their friends hanging out in front blasting music and dancing... owner fired all of them... hired Mexicans)
Delivery guy on his way with food in insulated back pack.
Ice cream delivery ... this is the hood... stack of ice cream unattended.. can this happen in your hood? Company hiring drivers.... certification a must!
A lot of people I know left NYC during the pandemic because of the mandates especially. How do you cope there without Getting the vaccine as it seems it is required to enter most places in New york?I remember you said you can even go back to Naija rather than get the vaccine

2 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 8:04pm On Jan 18, 2022
TheEnforcer:

A lot of people I know left NYC during the pandemic because of the mandates especially. How do you cope there without Getting the vaccine as it seems it is required to enter most places in New york?I remember you said you can even go back to Naija rather than get the vaccine

They don't ask for proof of vaccine.... I just enter. Should they ask... then I don't enter the premises... easier for me! More people left after the pandemic because of the mandates..... my sister included.
Re: On Vacation: New York City by 2Lynx(m): 9:20pm On Jan 24, 2022
Originalsly:

They don't ask for proof of vaccine.... I just enter. Should they ask... then I don't enter the premises... easier for me! More people left after the pandemic because of the mandates..... my sister included.

What's with almost majority of the population refusing the mandated vaccine, just saw i n the news now, where over 1 thousand international truckers plying the Canada/US engaged in a massive protest, even in Maryland, stores have ran out of stocks (essential products) due to the effect of this mandatory vaccination, what do they feel about the vaccine, even in the UK, several health workers are going on strike cos of this, yet our people here, when we talk about not taking the vaccine, the woke ones feel they know it all.
What do they know?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 9:45pm On Jan 24, 2022
You.can fool some of the people some of the time ... but you can'tfool all of the people all of the time.
People don't like to be forced to do things.... especially when it comes to their health. They were following "the science " according to the authorities.... but realized "the science " keeps changing and what then"conspiracy theorists" were saying has been coming to pass. Herd Immunity..... when 70% is vaccinated we would be safe... after a booster shot... after two booster shots... after three booster shots... a fourth booster shot will give maximum coverage... you need vaccine to enter a restaurant .. a concert... a gym ... to go to school... to work... it has become vaccine by force ... and yet... the vaccinated are the main ones testing positive. So people are saying... what's the point? Now they are going after kids under 5. Two States dead set against it are Texas and Florida. Texas seems ready to go to war... literal war against the FG ... they do not support the mandates. Biden is he'll bent on vaccinating everybody. Why?... follow the money.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 9:58pm On Jan 24, 2022
NYC ...... Our local foods we see as cheap ... low class and unhealthy... so we prefer to buy the nice clean well packaged foreign foods. Do we prefer local beef?... the one that attract flies?... or the nice clean ones from Shoprite that don't attract flies? .... organic/natural or genetically modified beef? ... and local chicken eggs? To the Japa Crew.... eat all the local beef and eggs before you japa .... you wouldn't be able to afford it!

One dozen eggs ..... $6.99... get out the calculator!
Beef... like from Hausa cows.... yes you can imagine if you can get just one cow to market over here how that can transform your bank account!

2 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 10:05pm On Jan 24, 2022
NYC... this is South Bronx ... before getting under the elevated Major Deegan Expressway and crossing over the 149th Street Bridge to Harlem, Manhattan. The building in yellow is under construction... I'll try to monitor it's progress on this thread. Don't know how tall it will be... but will just follow.

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 10:10pm On Jan 24, 2022
NYC ...Lots of free stuff I see often... people moving sell some stuff very cheap... and throw the rest out. At times it's just that they bought new stuff and get rid of those they will no longer use. I'll post some of the more interesting stuff here!

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Adekunle813: 8:40am On Jan 25, 2022
Originalsly:

Pls, why are people refusing to take the vaccine?
Re: On Vacation: New York City by 2Lynx(m): 10:31am On Jan 26, 2022
Originalsly:
NYC ...... Our local foods we see as cheap ... low class and unhealthy... so we prefer to buy the nice clean well packaged foreign foods. Do we prefer local beef?... the one that attract flies?... or the nice clean ones from Shoprite that don't attract flies? .... organic/natural or genetically modified beef? ... and local chicken eggs? To the Japa Crew.... eat all the local beef and eggs before you japa .... you wouldn't be able to afford it!

One dozen eggs ..... $6.99... get out the calculator!
Beef... like from Hausa cows.... yes you can imagine if you can get just one cow to market over here how that can transform your bank account!

So ypu mean, as long as the vaccine is rolling out that means more money for the government's pocket, now I understand majority of fresh cases even in London, are recorded amongst former vaccinated, but why bar people from gaining access to public places, when even the unvaccinated are almost proving to he immune to this virus, in my opinion I think this is just some kind of flu that the people need to manage and take regular treatment against and not this vaccination, like you said the forceful nature surrounding this, is giving credibility to the conspiracy theorist which I am alrwdy believing, what's there in providing a viable antivirus for this, there is something sinister.

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by 2Lynx(m): 10:35am On Jan 26, 2022
Do you think you know the procedure or how viable will it be for an immigrant to own a large scale farm, let's say in somewhere around new jersey close to NyC, and a ranch for the sole purpose of supply markets there with fresh food, package in large quantities, beef especially, any laws surrounding or hindering organic products.
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 11:21am On Feb 03, 2022
2Lynx:

Do you think you know the procedure or how viable will it be for an immigrant to own a large scale farm, let's say in somewhere around new jersey close to NyC, and a ranch for the sole purpose of supply markets there with fresh food, package in large quantities, beef especially, any laws surrounding or hindering organic products.

Can own anything .... just have to get the money.
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 1:56pm On Feb 03, 2022
NYC ... COVID-19 mandates had brought filming to a standstill. Seems to be moving again..... slowly.

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 6:55pm On Feb 03, 2022
NYC ... on Set.... and the morning after.

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by TheEnforcer: 8:35am On Feb 16, 2022
Originalsly:

Do you know that anyone applying for a green card now must get the vaccine? It all proves that this is not about the virus at all.Why forcing it on hapless immigrants? I dont care about the Republicans due to their propaganda, Trump cult and all that but if there's one thing they are right about, it is their opposition to these mandates and all that

2 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 11:01am On Feb 16, 2022
TheEnforcer:

Do you know that anyone applying for a green card now must get the vaccine? It all proves that this is not about the virus at all.Why forcing it on hapless immigrants? I dont care about the Republicans due to their propaganda, Trump cult and all that but if there's one thing they are right about, it is their opposition to these mandates and all that

We're on the same page with regards to Trump. From early he said the treatment was hydrochloroquine ... he never wore a mask during the midst of the pandemic ... and towards the end was considering firing Fauci ... the driving force behind the pandemic.... the one that tried to push his drug Remdesevir ... claiming it reduces infection by 4 days ... a good for nothing drug that was first pushed for HIV treatment and any other epidemic that followed. Since Trump left... his drug has been given green light to treat COVID-19 in the US ... and forced down the throats of lesser developed countries. If Trump was still in power... this pandemic would've been long over ..... but I strongly believe he would've been assassinated by the powers behind the pandemic and some Arab held responsible.

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 11:09am On Feb 16, 2022
NYC... COVID-19 mandates! ... a small fast food joint in a mall.... after entering and reaching the counter... the blue sign.... must be vaccinated to enter the premises! Small Businesses suffering big time .... part of the agenda for operate businesses only.

Since 2020.... due to the crisis ... this trailer was parked. The guybfinally came... somehow got it started... no big smoking and all that.... and tried to drive off ... but the trailer wheels were locked. When I returned the trailer was no more!... left the road in a mess!

2 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by bfn1: 8:52pm On Apr 18, 2022
Originalsly, good job!

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (Reply)

I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.