Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,467 members, 7,801,182 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 12:03 PM

On Vacation: New York City - Travel (52) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / On Vacation: New York City (211667 Views)

Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days / 5 Things Most Nigerians Do On Vacation Abroad / Nigerian Woman Gives Birth On A Plane En Route New York - Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Floki737: 11:09am On May 27, 2022
Nice thread bro.
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 4:09pm On Jun 09, 2022
NYC ..... Flatbush Ave ... Downtown Brooklyn ... Brooklyn commercial center.... revitalization... rezoning... razing down of the old... up with the new... from 1800's into the 21st Century. Most buildings were pegged at 6 storeys but with changes in laws and restrictions the sky is now the limit. Several lots and even blocks are acquired.... buildings torn down and replaced by 50 storey plus high rises.
This is one such block... demolished and already on the rise.... the panoramic view soon to be blacked out by a Hugh wall of a building.

6 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 5:59pm On Jun 09, 2022
NYC ..... Memorial Day African Street Fair.... Brooklyn.

Joloff rice.... represented by Senegal!

World Famous Jamaican jerk chicken under smoke!

More foods.

Raw cloth.

4 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 8:39pm On Jun 09, 2022
NYC..... Black Street Fair. People.
Guy with white shirt... irresponsible guy with dread locks to his butt ...a Police Inspector.

The crowd.... always multi ethnic... ways international..... regardless of the occasion.

5 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 8:59pm On Jun 09, 2022
NYC ... Harlem. In white... 155 Street Over Pass.... leading to .acombs Dam Bridge and the Bronx .... below is ongoing construction of a massive residential building. Site used to be a large Parking Lot.Will try to track progress.

2 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 9:05pm On Jun 09, 2022
NYC ... Canarsie Pier .. Brooklyn. A State Park where residents can park and relax... and many do fish. No smoking nor alcohol allowed.

Man must chop!... feel free to salivate! From a Sports Bar... Harlem Public.... finger licking deeeelicious!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 9:17pm On Jun 09, 2022
NYC... This is history. A little known and a bit hard to find historical site in Upper Manhattan. It is an area where George Washington lived... the house and neighbouring houses at that time are historically preserved ... they remain today as was back then. It is a very tranquil area in the midst of a crowded neighbourhood

Access from St Nicholas Ave bet 159th and 160th Streets.

The buildings where workers etc lived

The House ... set all alone on the hill.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Firefyta: 4:29pm On Jun 11, 2022
Cool pictures man
Naso u take style escape naija ooo
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 1:53am On Jun 22, 2022
NYC .... June 21 ... Summer Soltice ... the longest day in terms of sunlight ... the earliest sunrise and the latest sunset....the first day of summer.

5:23 a.m ..... looking out my window.

8:40 p.m .... looking out my window

7:06 a.m ... farthest north the sun will go.... to the building from this point... from tomorrow it will shift a bit south each day... away from the building and crossing the bridge.

3 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 2:15am On Jun 22, 2022
NYC ... follow up from June 9 ..... June 18 .... progress on the rise of a high rise.

4 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 2:39am On Jun 22, 2022
NYC ... the hustle is real.

Day Care ... taking the toddlers out... no room for mistakes with people's children... no room for explanations ... precautions to the max!

FedEx Ground... from the sweat of thy brow .....

5 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 4:50am On Jul 03, 2022
NYC. .. Flatbush Ave... up up and away!... only drive past... will be there someday to find out how tall it's going to be and what it will look like.

First view from north..... below from south.

3 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 10:16pm On Jul 03, 2022
NYC .... Over pass overpassing overpass shot from yet another over pass on Harlem River Drive South. Overpasses taking traffic to and from Triborough Bridge.... to Willis Avenue Bridge ... and to FDR Drive. If Wike should only see this...... and become Minister of Infrastructure....... I say no more.
Third Avenue Manhattan .... going uptown... away from the city center.... buildings reduce in height and .ore of the sky can be seen.
That tallllll building featured earlier.... view from wayyy over in Manhattan.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 10:29pm On Jul 03, 2022
NYC ... people. Retirees..... the ones that can still move about.... passing time..... playing games or watching the younger ones go by... at times wishing for a second chance of youthfulness.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 10:37pm On Jul 03, 2022
NYC ... Ran into Police activity.... while waiting for green light... several Police cars ... marked and unmarked suddenly pulled up ..... guess was a shoplifter from a sneaker store just off camera. Doesn't look like he's from this city and didn't know how fast Police responds to such calls.

Dedicated to the Japagerians with Plan A only... all I need to do is get there.... then I'll figure things out. This one is yet to figure things out. .... transitioning.

Child Care..... Dog Care.... same status... after all ... dogs here are recognized as a member of the family.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 1:37am On Jul 07, 2022
NYC... Movie shoot in Harlem. Support trucks all over the place. The shoot..... children skipping on the sidewalk.... all on the sidewalk are actors and extras.

4 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by lionlee216(m): 4:05am On Jul 07, 2022
How are you surviving in New York city? Visited last year. It's too fast paced. Traffic, parking issues etc

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Digbick: 8:26am On Jul 08, 2022
lionlee216:
How are you surviving in New York city? Visited last year. It's too fast paced. Traffic, parking issues etc
Update your thread too bro, I hope you're doing ok? From one of your fan
Re: On Vacation: New York City by lionlee216(m): 11:35pm On Jul 08, 2022
Digbick:

Update your thread too bro, I hope you're doing ok? From one of your fan

Hmm, ill update too. I just haven't had a lot going on but ill surely update
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Cousin9999: 2:43am On Jul 09, 2022
lionlee216:

Hmm, ill update too. I just haven't had a lot going on but ill surely update

Congrats. Things will be so much better in the city now that a lot of transplants from the Midwest have left, and hopefully, stopped going.
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 12:33pm On Jul 10, 2022
lionlee216:

I'm surviving bro! ... just working like sooo many others! So last year... when the city was half dead due to the pandemic... you found it too fast paced? grin Wow!... you really like peace and quiet!... I don't! Traffic is back up now... parking wayyy more difficult to find.... and the traffic agents are now back in full dishing out tickets! If you got one do pay bro!
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 12:50pm On Jul 10, 2022
NYC ... random.
The car I drive the oil I use.... the one best suited for Nigeria ... all used but doesn't come cheap!

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 12:55pm On Jul 10, 2022
NYC ... randoms.
This bike I like...... the other was stolen..... September last year... has Africa sticker ... owner a South African... if by chance you recognize it.... let me know... reward offered!

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by seunmarytemi(f): 4:13pm On Jul 10, 2022
Did you want to ship your parcel, document, foodstuffs such as Dried fish and dried snail abroad ie UK, USA, Canada and rest of the world ? Then we get you covered with ou DHL & UPS Express 3 to 5 working days delivery at doorstep.

Also bulk delivery 10kg above via DHL Express at ridiculous rates 3 to 5working days
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 6:12am On Jul 20, 2022
NYC ... Lots of big girls ... but they put in the work to keep in shape. Woman flexing.... men sweating.
Safety.... maintenance work to be done on the outside of the building ... sidewalk has to be covered to prevent anything falling on pedestrians.

Off loading supermarket delivery from trailer.

4 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 6:27am On Jul 20, 2022
NYC ... Scheduled filming.... storm got in the way.
Leaving Brooklyn crossing over to Manhattan ... dark clouds in the distance ganging up for a storm.
Sudden heavyyyy downpours... roads especially highways flood I'm sure even before the rains.
This exit... flooded .. less that 10 minutes after the first downpour.

3 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 6:28am On Jul 20, 2022
NYC ...the rains.
Garbage?... king size bedroom set for the taking... rest inside... tenant moving!
50" TV for the taking ... along with children's clothes. No takers ... guy is dumping them in the garbage... later took the TV to dump as well.

And yes.... many people rent an apartment and furnish it with stuff from the street.

6 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by NumeroUno7(m): 1:58am On Aug 02, 2022
I have waited so long for this page to be updated.. Good one @Originalsly, I am eagerly awaiting more photos
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 5:40am On Aug 14, 2022
NYC .. Summer of 22 ... unusually hot. The people ... and their freedom.

Never judge a book by its cover.

2 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 5:48am On Aug 14, 2022
NYC ... people of interest ... people I see but don't see. In this city ... unwritten code ... don't stare at anyone. Many have lost their lives over looking at someone the wrong way. People lifestyle vary verrrry widely here ... and feel free to be in public. From the Muslims.....fully covered with just the eyes exposed and the Witches with their long black gowns and blackened eyelids and lips to the bare as you dare women ....all living in harmony... never a dull moment. Tribalists and religious bigots and moral police. ... take note.

Then there are the handicapped.... out there like normal people ... and respected like normal people.

Variety is the spice of life.

3 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 6:47am On Aug 14, 2022
NYC ... Update. the rise of a high rise. Haven't walked by to learn how many storeys this one would be. It is rising fast and photos have to be shot from farther and farther away. It is a flat iron building... like a triangle .... and it seems like another building is being built next door.

Looking north... the narrow side. Looking south ... the wider side and steel framework for the building next door. These high rises are all taking place in Downtown Brooklyn ... the business center of Brooklyn.
Previously.... six storey was the skyline with a few buildings taller. Last pic.... view from a standard six storey Looking towards downtown where the high rises keep multiplying.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Firefyta: 2:49pm On Aug 14, 2022
Keep em coming bro.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou / Poland Work Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.