Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,559 members, 7,809,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:34 PM

On Vacation: New York City - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / On Vacation: New York City (211848 Views)

Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days / 5 Things Most Nigerians Do On Vacation Abroad / Nigerian Woman Gives Birth On A Plane En Route New York - Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (53) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 1:31pm On Mar 14, 2017
NYC... rainy day... high rises disappear in low rain clouds and fog.

6 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 1:38pm On Mar 14, 2017
NYC.... hard to get view... from West Side... view of highway and part of Harlem skyline.

4 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 1:40pm On Mar 14, 2017
NYC... Hudson River....New Jersey on the left..New York on the right... George Washington Bridge in background.

6 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 1:48pm On Mar 14, 2017
NYC.... snowy day today....terrrrible blizzard/snowstorm was forecast. ...schools closed... work places shut down....we're supposed to be half buried by now......but nowhere as predicted.... score so far... Man 0 Mother Nature 1

8 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 1:56pm On Mar 14, 2017
NYC..... sneaker lovers?....you can get a headache in this sneaker loving city in this sneaker wearing country! Many of these Urban stores don't carry shoes nor sandals!Shoes. ..from Clark's of England shoe store.

12 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 2:06pm On Mar 14, 2017
NYC...Brooklyn..... changing landscape. ..Downtown Brooklyn... high rises taking over as corporations keep working the system and swallowing up private properties. Sounds familiar?!

8 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Nobody: 5:25pm On Mar 14, 2017
Originalsly:
NYC...Brooklyn..... changing landscape. ..Downtown Brooklyn... high rises taking over as corporations keep working the system and swallowing up private properties. Sounds familiar?!

Sir, you've really been trying...nice job.

"everybody hate chris" made me love yankee....gonna be there someday cheesy

5 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 10:17am On Mar 15, 2017
NYC....5:00 a.m.... came outside to shovel snow to free host's car.... road iced and ploughed by City overnight... clean driveable road.... saw cars fenced in by low wall of snow...ahhh!... not too bad! ...30 minutes should do... stepped out to get it done..mehnnnn!...not snow!...wall of ice!..solid!...abouttttt turn!...back in the bed!

8 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 3:23am On Mar 17, 2017
NYC...another day of brilliant sunshine .... but as cold as ice...I'm fact.. ice all around. Snow on ground now turn to solid ice.... snow on truck roof turn to sheet of ice hanging over the edge.

2 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 3:31am On Mar 17, 2017
NYC...have papers?...don't have job?....NYC hiring 'icemen' to clear snow and ice from bus stops, ramps to side walks, foot paths, etc. ...$15 per hour. . $22.50 /hr overtime.... grab it before the snow melts! Below...... 'Icemen' freeing city vehicle.

4 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Nobody: 7:08am On Mar 17, 2017
Originalsly:
NYC...have papers?...don't have job?....NYC hiring 'icemen' to clear snow and ice from bus stops, ramps to side walks, foot paths, etc. ...$15 per hour. . $22.50 /hr overtime.... grab it before the snow melts! Below...... 'Icemen' freeing city vehicle.

So they don't have the necessary equipments needed to remove the ice?
Re: On Vacation: New York City by kingreign(m): 9:35am On Mar 17, 2017
Pidgin2:

They do. Intact, they can spray salt to melt the ice. But rather than do that and jobless folks go hungry, penniless and start causing civic disturbances, they hire the jobless folks to do the job and get paid and everyone goes home happy smiley

64 Likes 4 Shares

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 10:20am On Mar 17, 2017
Pidgin2:

Lots of equipment to move snow/ice but manpower is needed for some...like clearing snow from the stairs leading down to the subway etc.

6 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 6:36pm On Mar 17, 2017
NYC...while some countries (Columbia) are gaining foreign exchange by exporting local products we are ehmmm... do I have to say?!

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Nobody: 3:13am On Mar 18, 2017
Originalsly:
NYC..... sneaker lovers?....you can get a headache in this sneaker loving city in this sneaker wearing country! Many of these Urban stores don't carry shoes nor sandals!Shoes. ..from Clark's of England shoe store.

hmmm. i see one of my winter boots in that pic. The Nike Lunar Force-1 duck boot smiley
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 10:46pm On Mar 21, 2017
NYC....for the fast and the curious!.... heavenly... when managed well..... if not.... express to hell. ...Benz.... V8.... and as if not enough... Turbo. Why?

12 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 4:34am On Mar 26, 2017
NYC... dedicated to bikers!...fantasize on this!

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 4:45am On Mar 26, 2017
NYC.... Fruits/Vegetable joint..... mostly owned by Koreans and Chinese..... but almost always...always Mexican workers. Where there are fruits and vegetables.. there shall be Mexicans...it's the law...ehmmm... it's just the way it is. This is a Mexican joint!

4 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 4:50am On Mar 26, 2017
NYC..... view from next to high rise building in NYC ...looking across the Hudson River to high rise buildings (in the background )in New Jersey.

2 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 5:05am On Mar 26, 2017
NYC...Traffic enforcement. ... drivers generally follow the rules because of 24/7 enforcememt. Marked police car but markings not seen from front nor back of car... lights are inside and not on top. This one parked waiting for red light runners.
White van with Number Plate readers on top linked to computer inside... drive around reading plates and booting cars!

2 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by AlphaStyles(m): 11:02am On Mar 28, 2017
Originalsly:
NYC.....new digital phone booth.... free calls anywhere in the US.. free WiFi... free phone charging.
Nigerian govt come and learn

4 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 12:05pm On Mar 28, 2017
AlphaStyles:

Nigerian govt come and learn
Not a government project.
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Nobody: 12:46pm On Mar 28, 2017
Originalsly:
NYC...while some countries (Columbia) are gaining foreign exchange by exporting local products we are ehmmm... do I have to say?!

You are just as guilty. The money you have used for this trip to U.S should be a million naira or more. You should have invested in a banana plantation instead. The cost of a plot of land in some villages is not more than 80K to 100K, you should have conveniently bought up to 3 or 4 plots and invested your money into such agricultural Ventures, afterwards you can export the products abroad. The chips you are showing us is the handwork of an individual like you and me

You are just as guilty

18 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by AlphaStyles(m): 2:33pm On Mar 28, 2017
Originalsly:
Not a government project.
op please how was it done
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 2:35pm On Mar 28, 2017
Pidgin2:

You are just as guilty. The money you have used for this trip to U.S should be a million naira or more. You should have invested in a banana plantation instead. The cost of a plot of land in some villages is not more than 80K to 100K, you should have conveniently bought up to 3 or 4 plots and invested your money into such agricultural Ventures, afterwards you can export the products abroad. The chips you are showing us is the handwork of an individual like you and me

You are just as guilty
Really?.... and what if I tell you I'm abroad trying to market local agriculture based products? Not good to jump to conclusions.

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 3:31pm On Mar 28, 2017
AlphaStyles:

op please how was it done
Cutting edge phone booths.... NYC collaboration with top IT players. Free calls, WI fi etc and info center for City services etc ....but generates money thru advertisements displayed on the HD screen.I know no more !

2 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by ferhyntorlah(f): 4:44pm On Mar 28, 2017
Originalsly:

The company is based in Medellin, lol. The hometown or was it the operating base of Pablo Escobar.

4 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 4:50pm On Mar 28, 2017
ferhyntorlah:

The company is based in Medellin, lol. The hometown or was it the operating base of Pablo Escobar.
Hmmm.... never rang a bell!... but those chips are realllly good.... now I'm wondering if I'm really addicted to the chips.... or ehmmm...... let me shut up.

4 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by ferhyntorlah(f): 4:52pm On Mar 28, 2017
Originalsly:
Hmmm.... never rang a bell!... but those chips are realllly good.... now I'm wondering if I'm really addicted to the chips.... or ehmmm...... let me shut up.

Check out Narcos, it's about his life and times as a terrible drug terrorist.
Re: On Vacation: New York City by AlphaStyles(m): 6:44pm On Mar 28, 2017
Originalsly:
Cutting edge phone booths.... NYC collaboration with top IT players. Free calls, WI fi etc and info center for City services etc ....but generates money thru advertisements displayed on the HD screen.I know no more !
how I wish we could copy that system here in 9ja. nice development over there. op are you still in the states?
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 7:00pm On Mar 28, 2017
AlphaStyles:
how I wish we could copy that system here in 9ja. nice development over there. op are you still in the states?
Bro.... to have such systems we must first have the infrastructure to support it... we don't even have the most basic requirement... reliable electricity...then stable reliable electricity. Yes...I'm still in NYC.

6 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by AlphaStyles(m): 7:11pm On Mar 28, 2017
Originalsly:
Bro.... to have such systems we must first have the infrastructure to support it... we don't even have the most basic requirement... reliable electricity...then stable reliable electricity. Yes...I'm still in NYC.

Na off and on for here Nepa no get use again. how's the weather over there bro?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (53) (Reply)

I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.