Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:40 PM

Brace Yourself Like A Man..... - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Brace Yourself Like A Man..... (675 Views)

Why Has Jesus Christ Always Been Made To Look Like A White Man? / 2019: Mbaka Tells Nigerians To Brace Up For More Difficult Times / Is There Anything Like "A Righteous Lie"? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Brace Yourself Like A Man..... by EmperorLee(m): 12:42pm On Jan 12, 2017
"Master, Master" one of the servants shouted at top of his voice as he met his master right outside the house. His master turned around and wondered what it could be that was making his servant scream his name in such manner.

"Master" he said again, rested his hands on his knees as he panted out heavily. His master kept on looking at him in bewilderment, waiting for him to relay whatever news he has got.

"The oxens were ploughing and the donkeys were grazing nearby," the servant began to explain has he grasped for more breath "When the Sabeans attacked, made away with all the oxens, donkeys and slayed all the servants there, i am the only survivor"

The master was shocked and saddened to hear such news, he was about to instruct the servant that brought the news when another servant popped in out of no where, ran towards him and fell flat on his kneels to catch his breath.

"Master" he began "fire, wild fire came from above and burnt all the sheep and the servants, i alone survived"

The master's worries tripled immediately, he had lost all his livestocks and large chump of his servants in the space of few minutes. He stepped away from the two servants that brought the news and was brooding about the calamity that has befallen him, not knowing he was yet to hear the worst.

"Master" another servants barged in with the speed of lights "The Charldeans raided in three parties, swept down your donkeys, slayed your servants, i only escaped by an inch"

This very news had just put a dent on his already feeble state of mind, his heartbeat was beginning to sound irregular, this was getting to much for him to bear, one would have thought that his day wouldn't have gotten any worse, until another servant came in with the big news.

"Master, your seven sons and three daughters were feasting and drinking at the oldest brother's house, when suddenly a mighty wind swept in from the desert and struck the four corners of his house. It collapsed on them and they all died instantaneously"

This was the final nail hammered on the coffin for the master, he moved further a bit, tore his robe completely and had his head shaved. After all these, he fell to the ground in worship and said

"Naked i came from my mother's womb and naked I will depart, The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away; may the name of the Lord be praised"

The next day, the master woke up to see his body afflicted with painful sores, from the soles of his feet to the crown of his head. He took a piece of broken pottery, scraped himself with it as he sat among ashes. Few moments later, his wife came to where he was sitting.

"Job" his wife called him "Are you still maintaining your integrity? Curse God and die" she said. Job looked at her for few moments before replying her.

"You are talking like a foolish woman, shall we accept good from God and not trouble?" Job said.

Okay, let us digress a bit. I put it to you reading this that never before have you been faced with trials and tribulations as big as the one Job, the master in this story faced. Yet, we have at one time or the other cursed God, over tribulations that can't even match half of what this man called Job faced. What if you were Job, what then would you have done ?

Curse God ? Kill yourself ? Complain to God ?

Hold that thought for now, let's proceed.

Few hours later, Job's three friends came to sympathize with him, when they saw him, they could barely recognize him, they sprinkled dust on their heads and began to weep aloud. They saw how great is sorrow was and they silently sat down on the ground with him, not saying a single word to him. They remained like that for seven days and seven nights.

After this, Job opened his mouth for the first time in seven days and cursed the day he was born. He began to talk about all sort of things, ranging from how righteous he was, how he made sacrifices, how he didn't deserve the evil that befell him and how God has unleashed his anger on him, Job questioned God. His friends tried to convince him to keep his hope alive but it ended in an heated argument between them, Job and his friends. They said rash things to each other and it went on and on, until the moment an heavy storm arose out of no where.

"Who is this that obscures my plans with words without knowledge? Brace yourself like a man; I will question you, and you shall answer me" the Lord spoke out of the storm. "Where were you when I laid the earth's foundation ? Who marked off its dimensions? Who laid its cornerstone ? What is the way to the abode of light and where does darkness resides ? Does the rain have a father ? Who fathers the drops of dew ? Can you set up My dominion over the earth ? Will the one who contends with the almighty correct him ? Let him who accuses God answer him" God questioned Job.

"I am unworthy- how can i reply to you? I put my hands over my mouth" Job quickly replied.

"Brace yourself like a man; I will question you, and you shall answer me" The Lord spoke again out of the storm. "Would you discredit my justice? Would you condemn me to justify yourself? Do you have an arm like mine ? And can your voice thunder like mine? Then adorn yourself with Glory and Splendor, clothe yourself in Honor and Majesty. Do all of these and I myself will admit that your own right hand can save you"

Then Job replied to the Lord "I know only you can do all things, no purpose of yours can be thwarted. You asked 'who is this that obscures my plans with words without knowledge?' Surely i spoke of things I did not understand, things too wonderful for me to know. You said 'Listen now, and i will speak; i will question you and you shall answer me.' My ears had heard of you but now my eyes have seen you. Therefore I despise myself and repent in dust and ashes."

Job questioned God about the trials he faced and God questioned him back, God questioned him and demanded he replied him back but he couldn't because he knew not a single answer to all of those questions. Despite the magnitude of the calamities that befell him, he still didn't have the right to question God, let alone the little trial you are facing right now and you have even done more than questioning God. If right now you are in a difficult situation and you are thinking about questioning God, take a quick dive into Job Chapter 38 to 41. If you can answer all those questions God asked, if you can do all those things he said, then feel free to question him. But if you can't, fall to your kneels right this moment and ask for forgiveness for all the condemnation and questions you have said to God. He is the Omniknoweth, that which you think is evil might as well be one of his good plans for him over your life. Repent like Job did and you might also get the grace to end up like Job did.

How did Job end up, after repenting?

The Lord restored his fortunes and gave him twice as much as he had before. The Lord blessed the latter part of Job's life more than the former part. He was blessed with 14 thousand sheep, six thousand camels, a thousand yoke of oxen and a thousand donkeys. He also had another 7 sons and 3 daughters, no where in all the land were they found women as beautiful as Job's daughters. At the end, Job lived a hundred and forty years; he saw his children and their children to the fourth generation. And so Job died, an old man and full of years.

Now tell me, what more could a man want ?

Let us endeavor to be thankful always, even in hard times, for we knoweth not the plans of the Lord, therefore we shouldn't obscure it with words without knowledge. He is the Lord and his plans against us is never of evil but of good.

God be with us all, Amen.

For further knowledge, please read Job Chapter 1 till the last chapter.

"Brace yourself like a man; I will question you, and you will answer me" Job Chapter 38 Vs 3..... Job Chapter 40 vs 7.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Brace Yourself Like A Man..... by EmperorLee(m): 12:55pm On Jan 12, 2017
For more posts like this, please visit http://medwithkross.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Brace Yourself Like A Man..... by onstelly(f): 8:51am On Jan 14, 2017
Only you poster, only you Ftc
cry

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 04/02/17 / His Experience With The Fulani Herdsmen Neighbors / Are These Christians Kidding Or Serious??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.