Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,339 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:32 AM

Use Of Words - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Use Of Words (755 Views)

Misconceptions And Realities About The Usage Of The Expression ' Hausa-fulani' / Why Is Their A Decline In The Use Of Other Languages In The North? / (pictures) When Last Did You Make Use Of This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Use Of Words by ALAKANNI(m): 9:04pm On Nov 24, 2009
I have observed of recent the way people advertise their products especially in Nigeria and particularly in Lagos. e.g 'Buy your shoes here' or 'by your eggs here' written on a board inviting people to come and buy their products. How can i buy something that belongs to me hen? Another one even said ' BUY YOUR COFFIN HERE' Can a corpse buy a coffin for himself?
Re: Use Of Words by brooklyn99: 7:56am On Nov 25, 2009
@Alakanni, u thread DOES NOT deserve a reply, but because i'm bored i'll give u one. Suffice it to say that i'll also tell you the bitter truth that ure clearly unintelligent and do not have mastery of the english language. What do you expect the egg advertiser to write 'buy the egg here'? know what, i wont even go on. u made absolutely no sense!!! peace
Re: Use Of Words by ALAKANNI(m): 10:31am On Nov 25, 2009
Brooklyn, I will not dignify you by responding to your rude remark. You are absolutely rude.

(1) (Reply)

Which Language Do You Like Besides Yours? / Nigerians Spend Up To 50m Euros Annually On Austrian Lace – Envoy / Fulani Herdsmen Attack Enugu Community (the Sun, Aug 19, 2012)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.