Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,257 members, 7,807,884 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:35 PM

SON Debunks Fake Amstel Malta Claims, As Police Search For Rumor-mongers - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / SON Debunks Fake Amstel Malta Claims, As Police Search For Rumor-mongers (14371 Views)

There's No Fake Amstel Malta In Circulation...its Rebranding (pictures) / Amstel Malt Fake Can: It's A Hoax, Amstel Malt Replies The Public / How To Spot Fake Amstel Malta (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

SON Debunks Fake Amstel Malta Claims, As Police Search For Rumor-mongers by contactmorak: 3:56pm On Jan 12, 2017
The Standard Organisation of Nigeria (SON), the statutory body that is vested with the responsibility of standardizing and regulating the quality of all products in Nigeria, has debunked the claims of a fake Amstel Malta in circulation.

Mr. Fred Akingbesote, Deputy Director, who represented the Director General of the organisation, explained to Journalists in Lagos on Thursday that Nigerian Breweries have met all SON safety and quality requirements and have complied with all requirements of the new National Industrial Standard (NIS) logo.

In August 2016, Amstel Malta, the premium, low sugar formulated malt drink from the stable of Nigerian Breweries, launched a new credential campaign 'Why Add More?' Shortly after the campaign, a picture went viral that a fake version of the Amstel Malta is in circulation.

This was because the new packaging wore the new NIS logo while the old packaging had the old NIS logo of the Standard Organisation of Nigeria.

Akingbesote confirmed that the NIS logo on Amstel Malta is the highest mark of quality from SON and commended the management of Nigerian Breweries for its commitment to the highest quality standard. He stated that Nigerian Breweries is one of the first companies to adopt the new NIS logo which was launched in September 2015.

He maintained that the people behind the defamation are just playing on the intelligence of Nigerians. “We have a web site (www.son.gov.ng) which contains all information on our standards and quality regulations. Every Nigerian who has doubts about any product certified by SON should crosscheck the facts”, he said.

Also speaking on the occasion, Kufre Ekanem, Nigerian Breweries Plc Corporate Affairs Adviser explained that the Amstel Malta was one of the first brands to comply with SON directives.

He added that the brand revised its packaging in line with the guidelines and approval of National Agency for Food, Drug Administration and Control, NAFDAC and in compliance with the new mandatory NIS quality logo from the SON

“In the normal course of product and packaging renovation, old packaging and the new introduction co-exist in the market until the old one dries out. In view of the twelve month shelf life, we currently have Amstel Malta with both the old and new packaging in some parts of the market,” Ekanem said.

He maintained that Nigerian Breweries is a world class multinational company that has operated in Nigeria for over 70 years and that the quality of its brands has been one of the key success factors of the company across these decades. “Every pack of Amstel Malta is produced to the highest quality-control standards of Nigerian Breweries,” he noted.

Ekanem assured consumers that every pack of Amstel Malta contains the same premium quality malt drink that they have come to love.

He informed that the company has reported the defamation attempt to the police and remains grateful that the Police authorities are investigating the case further.

To quote Kufre; "some yet-to-be identified third parties have been spreading falsehood about the brand through a well-funded and coordinated public campaign. One of the smear campaigns is that there is “fake” Amstel Malta in the market which has a fake NlS logo which is not approved by the SON. The activities of these third parties include the production and circulation of videos, news stories and photographs amongst others on social media."

"The videos, pictures and rumours in circulation in the social media sphere are obviously false!.... We have reported this defamation attempt to the Police and we are grateful that the Police authorities are investigating further"

"We appeal to our teeming customers and consumers to please ignore these falsehood and smear campaigns, no matter what form they mutate to. If you receive any further defamatory material about Amstel Malta, kindly show your support for Amstel Malta by forwarding it to us stating the name, phone number or email address of the source.
This can be sent via SMS, WhatsApp or email to 08162624553 and/or thetruth.amstel@nbplc. com. All responses will be collated and sent to the Police to assist them in their investigations"

http://www.newseveryhour.com/2017/01/son-debunks-claims-about-fake-amstel.html

2 Likes

Re: SON Debunks Fake Amstel Malta Claims, As Police Search For Rumor-mongers by tzargeemedia: 4:08pm On Jan 12, 2017
I knew those videos and pictures were fake. It was the handiwork of their competitors. It's called Black Propaganda. Amstel Malta is an internationally trusted brand. It's just unfortunate that in Nigeria, people jus get a broadcast on their phones or timeline and believe it.

Imagine what i have been receiving on what'sapp all weekend long "08102127829 don't pick this number, it has killed many in Ibadan, d number is on whatshap, also don't reply d numbers' chat. You can save it on your phone with don't pick, pls be careful and save lives by sending it to all your contacts.Dont pick this is real the number is on IMO and whatshap. PLS BROADCAST!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sent as received"

'Sent as recieved' that means someone started the broadcast and people started sending it as it was sent to them. Without verification.

What if the first sender was trying to bug the number in the broadcast?

9 Likes

Re: SON Debunks Fake Amstel Malta Claims, As Police Search For Rumor-mongers by Dynamitechick(f): 4:41pm On Jan 12, 2017
Ok
Re: SON Debunks Fake Amstel Malta Claims, As Police Search For Rumor-mongers by Arry110(m): 4:42pm On Jan 12, 2017
I can't find my fvck
Re: SON Debunks Fake Amstel Malta Claims, As Police Search For Rumor-mongers by ngwababe(f): 4:42pm On Jan 12, 2017
Ok
Re: SON Debunks Fake Amstel Malta Claims, As Police Search For Rumor-mongers by Badgers14: 4:42pm On Jan 12, 2017
Our hard working brothers in Aba be like...

3 Likes

Re: SON Debunks Fake Amstel Malta Claims, As Police Search For Rumor-mongers by Franklin58(m): 4:43pm On Jan 12, 2017
front page smells so Nice
Re: SON Debunks Fake Amstel Malta Claims, As Police Search For Rumor-mongers by auntysimbiat(f): 4:43pm On Jan 12, 2017
WATCH : This is what SON Is Debunking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXze3jBwmHw

1 Like

Re: SON Debunks Fake Amstel Malta Claims, As Police Search For Rumor-mongers by missKiffy(f): 4:44pm On Jan 12, 2017
Rumour mongers everywhere
Re: SON Debunks Fake Amstel Malta Claims, As Police Search For Rumor-mongers by donfemo(m): 4:45pm On Jan 12, 2017
This is Nigeria, anything is possible. I strongly believe there they are just trying to cover up and protect their brand.
Re: SON Debunks Fake Amstel Malta Claims, As Police Search For Rumor-mongers by orjikuramo(m): 4:45pm On Jan 12, 2017
Smiles
Re: SON Debunks Fake Amstel Malta Claims, As Police Search For Rumor-mongers by Silva79(f): 4:45pm On Jan 12, 2017
stale news
Re: SON Debunks Fake Amstel Malta Claims, As Police Search For Rumor-mongers by Horpeyemi93(m): 4:45pm On Jan 12, 2017
No Wahala.....people no ver chop You are talking about Malt is that how you people use to do continue
Re: SON Debunks Fake Amstel Malta Claims, As Police Search For Rumor-mongers by slaknoah(m): 4:46pm On Jan 12, 2017
OMG where is my Bleep
Re: SON Debunks Fake Amstel Malta Claims, As Police Search For Rumor-mongers by ceejay80s(m): 4:48pm On Jan 12, 2017
no be fake, na recession, they have reduced the ingredients ,making it tasteless, nothing dey inside gala now, gold circle condom dey burst anyhow now because its too light,coke and pepsi don remove their 20% extra inside and so many expired coke and pepsi out there,i have bought twice,if u buy toothpaste now,if u press am from the end,na breeze dey there, na from half of the toothpaste na him the paste dey, pure water sef don light for hand,poly bag nylon wey dey thick before, if u buy am now,its transparent,as in u can see through the polybag nylon.
what is wrong with nigerians, dem go reduce quality and still inflate prices

4 Likes

Re: SON Debunks Fake Amstel Malta Claims, As Police Search For Rumor-mongers by warriorPedigree: 4:50pm On Jan 12, 2017
I saw that eerie video, who cares if SON debunks, me I am not drinking again till SON starts actually enforcing regulations, SON that visits a factory were i worked enter Oga office siddon drink beer carry brown envelop and leave without doing any inspection, rubbish people.

3 Likes

Re: SON Debunks Fake Amstel Malta Claims, As Police Search For Rumor-mongers by Lanre4uonly(m): 4:50pm On Jan 12, 2017
Ok. It is noted.
Re: SON Debunks Fake Amstel Malta Claims, As Police Search For Rumor-mongers by tafabaloo(m): 5:13pm On Jan 12, 2017
Ok
Re: SON Debunks Fake Amstel Malta Claims, As Police Search For Rumor-mongers by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jan 12, 2017
When I saw this topic, I thought: Good, so someone else has realized the weird taste of this new Amstel Malta (and I'm used to Amstel, so I'm not referring to its super lightness and sugar freeness) Only for me to see a whole lot of BS about logos. Who cares about the logo, check the content! They have definitely compromised their quality, but the nutritional info on the can is still the same. If independent testing is to be carried out on some of these products, the manufacturers and SON personnel will go to jail.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SON Debunks Fake Amstel Malta Claims, As Police Search For Rumor-mongers by lifestyle1(m): 5:16pm On Jan 12, 2017
Re: SON Debunks Fake Amstel Malta Claims, As Police Search For Rumor-mongers by okonja(m): 5:27pm On Jan 12, 2017
tzargeemedia:
I knew those videos and pictures were fake. It was the handiwork of their competitors. It's called Black Propaganda. Amstel Malta is an internationally trusted brand. It's just unfortunate that in Nigeria, people jus get a broadcast on their phones or timeline and believe it.

Imagine what i have been receiving on what'sapp all weekend long "08102127829 don't pick this number, it has killed many in Ibadan, d number is on whatshap, also don't reply d numbers' chat. You can save it on your phone with don't pick, pls be careful and save lives by sending it to all your contacts.Dont pick this is real the number is on IMO and whatshap. PLS BROADCAST!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sent as received"

'Sent as recieved' that means someone started the broadcast and people started sending it as it was sent to them. Without verification.

Some people can be so dumb
Re: SON Debunks Fake Amstel Malta Claims, As Police Search For Rumor-mongers by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jan 12, 2017
tzargeemedia:

The owner of that name is oke mary
Re: SON Debunks Fake Amstel Malta Claims, As Police Search For Rumor-mongers by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jan 12, 2017
tzargeemedia:

The owner of that name is oke mary according to true caller
Re: SON Debunks Fake Amstel Malta Claims, As Police Search For Rumor-mongers by ayanfe15(m): 7:04pm On Jan 12, 2017
[img][/img]

Re: SON Debunks Fake Amstel Malta Claims, As Police Search For Rumor-mongers by Emmynet50(m): 7:13pm On Jan 12, 2017
No smoke without fire sha
Re: SON Debunks Fake Amstel Malta Claims, As Police Search For Rumor-mongers by mychayk: 9:33pm On Jan 12, 2017
A mere cheap blackmail. This is nothing but a foolish work of senseless and lazy competitors. Eyaaa they want to use their smelling mouth to bad-mouth our dear AMSTEL. They have failed woefully. shaaaaaameeeeee!

2 Likes

Re: SON Debunks Fake Amstel Malta Claims, As Police Search For Rumor-mongers by Immatex(m): 9:45pm On Jan 12, 2017
donfemo:
This is Nigeria, anything is possible. I strongly believe there they are just trying to cover up and protect their brand.

You are quite an idiot

1 Like

Re: SON Debunks Fake Amstel Malta Claims, As Police Search For Rumor-mongers by Immatex(m): 9:48pm On Jan 12, 2017
RaggedyAnn:
When I saw this topic, I thought: Good, so someone else has realized the weird taste of this new Amstel Malta (and I'm used to Amstel, so I'm not referring to its super lightness and sugar freeness) Only for me to see a whole lot of BS about logos. Who cares about the logo, check the content! They have definitely compromised their quality, but the nutritional info on the can is still the same. If independent testing is to be carried out on some of these products, the manufacturers and SON personnel will go to jail.

Try brushing before drinking. It's no rocket science. You can also visit a dentist. It won't cost much.

2 Likes

Re: SON Debunks Fake Amstel Malta Claims, As Police Search For Rumor-mongers by Immatex(m): 9:53pm On Jan 12, 2017
Low Sugar. If you want something sweet drink Maltina. Brand taste can never change to a disadvantage that will about to shooting yourself in the leg

ceejay80s:
no be fake, na recession, they have reduced the ingredients ,making it tasteless, nothing dey inside gala now, gold circle condom dey burst anyhow now because its too light,coke and pepsi don remove their 20% extra inside and so many expired coke and pepsi out there,i have bought twice,if u buy toothpaste now,if u press am from the end,na breeze dey there, na from half of the toothpaste na him the paste dey, pure water sef don light for hand,poly bag nylon wey dey thick before, if u buy am now,its transparent,as in u can see through the polybag nylon.
what is wrong with nigerians, dem go reduce quality and still inflate prices

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bachelor's Breakfast. / What Type Of Food Are You Good At Cooking? / Gala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.