Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,881 members, 7,802,847 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:10 PM

Renewal Of Nigerian Passport In The Us - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Renewal Of Nigerian Passport In The Us (16821 Views)

Renewal Of Nigeria Passport , UK / Renewing Nigerian E-passport In London / Renewing Nigerian Passport In The Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Renewal Of Nigerian Passport In The Us by mycutiepie(f): 10:01pm On Nov 24, 2009
Pls nairalanders, am tired of calling all those 9ja embassy in Washington without results. Has anyone done a renewal in person or thru the mail, pls how did you go about it? Do you have a direct link there that I can talk to.

Also, how many times can one renew his/her 9ja passport? Pls I need your help cos I want to leave here by this time next month or earlier. Thanks for your help.
Re: Renewal Of Nigerian Passport In The Us by Leftfoot: 1:58am On Nov 25, 2009
If by renewal you mean to extend the years from 5 to 10, then you have to send in your passport to the embassy near you.  The process will take about 2 weeks.  If you need a new passport, I don't know the detail.  I am guessing you have to physically show up at the embassy.
Re: Renewal Of Nigerian Passport In The Us by mycutiepie(f): 5:49pm On Nov 25, 2009
Thanks so much for your response. I'm talking about renewing it. I renewed it once and I dont know if I can renew it again. And a friend just told me that I can travel to 9ja with my expired passport. How true is that guys?
Re: Renewal Of Nigerian Passport In The Us by omega25red(m): 9:31pm On Nov 25, 2009
Well as for me i lived in nyc and i went to the Nigerian consulate in manhattan. I filled out a form and paid a fee and i gave them my passport and in a day or so the renewed it for me. It was easy. i even got a new Nigerian passport and i took pictures and gave them my old passport and they cancelled the old one and gave me the new one all in NYC
Re: Renewal Of Nigerian Passport In The Us by mycutiepie(f): 10:21pm On Dec 02, 2009
Thank you for your response. But I wonder how long this whole ache will take. Cos I was told that it takes forever to get things done. I just wish that I can travel to 9ja with my expired passport and get the e-passport from there.
Re: Renewal Of Nigerian Passport In The Us by johnkent(m): 12:21am On Dec 03, 2009
i dont think embassies are renewing the old machine readable passports. u'll have to get the new E passport.
Re: Renewal Of Nigerian Passport In The Us by mycutiepie(f): 8:35am On Dec 03, 2009
Thank you Johnkent. I intend to get that in 9ja in JANUARY but how do I get out of here with my current state. My children are endorsed on my old passport as well, so all that have to travel are their US passports. I wish I can speak to someone from their office in NY. Sad how they handle business@ our embassies.

Omega25red, when was this? u mean this year? How much did you pay for the new passport? And lastly, the open hours they post on their site had been reported to be false. I dont want to commute 4.5 hours and meet it closed. Do you know their open hours? Thanks for your anticipated support.
Re: Renewal Of Nigerian Passport In The Us by jerseyguy(m): 11:21am On Dec 03, 2009
Where are you located? If you are going home in January, your best bet is to the nearest Nigerian High Comm. - fill out all the forms (by the way, this mostly done online these days), and then provide them with prepaid express mail envelope to send them back to you.

Take that day off and get this done! Take those kids with you!!!! While you are there, you should process new passport for your kid(s). If you are female, make sure you have a letter from your husband that he consents to the passport application (I am not kidding).

By going there, they can answer ALL your questions and you get everything done. And then go home to wait for your passport. NYC office is pretty good. There are places nearby to take pictures, post-office for pre-paid express mail envelope.

My e-passport took 2 days (I am in NJ, so I went back there to pick it up). A friend flew in to NYC - it took few hours to complete all the information, and he got his new passport in 3 weeks.

Here is the website to NY office - http://www.nigeriahouse.com/

Before you fill out and pay ONLINE, read ALL instructions very well! And print every single page from the ONLINE google pay service. This is the only bottle-neck I know with visa/passport services.
Re: Renewal Of Nigerian Passport In The Us by johnkent(m): 1:51pm On Dec 03, 2009
dealing with Nigerian embassy here is usually a mess and i hope u havent bought a ticket to Nigeria yet. It would be alot cheaper i think to apply for the e-passport than trying to apply for a visa and thats if u live close to any of the embassies.
why did u have to wait this long to figure out ur passport situation??
Re: Renewal Of Nigerian Passport In The Us by mycutiepie(f): 8:29pm On Dec 03, 2009
The NY office is a hell, my hubby went there but nothing was done, they said they were closed, that was 2 years ago.
@passport situation, i didnt know it was expired infact i was just going thru our passports out of boredom and i saw that my 9ja p got expired in september.

I haven't purchased the tix but will be traveling by month end. I cant pay the embassy over 100 dollars per child multiply by 3. I want them endorsed in my passport as I intend to get them theirs too when we get to 9ja.

But I dont know if the e-passport has spots for children endorsements.

And thanks for the website, I will check it out in few.
Re: Renewal Of Nigerian Passport In The Us by jerseyguy(m): 5:03pm On Dec 04, 2009
I saw this message and your message on another topic. Please take a day off and get this done - schools are winding down. A day off from school for an elementary school student is not that bad. And once you fill out all the form online, ignore the interview date and just go to the city!

Due to security and children trafficing, most countries no longer allows for endorsement of children on parents' passport. You either go and get visa OR get those passports, cost is about the same for both. But visa is faster!!!!!!

Stop listening to rumours - the high commission is always open. They stop issueing new passport at one time b/c of the e-passport. They have since started issueing them again!!!!!!!!!!

Get off the web and go get them done. Travelling with expired passport is not possibe - the AIRLINE will not allow you on board unless you have the correct travel documents to your destination (nigeria inclusive).

mycutiepie:

The NY office is a hell, my hubby went there but nothing was done, they said they were closed, that was 2 years ago.
@passport situation, i didnt know it was expired infact i was just going thru our passports out of boredom and i saw that my 9ja p got expired in september.

I haven't purchased the tix but will be traveling by month end. I cant pay the embassy over 100 dollars per child multiply by 3. I want them endorsed in my passport as I intend to get them theirs too when we get to 9ja.

But I dont know if the e-passport has spots for children endorsements.

And thanks for the website, I will check it out in few.
Re: Renewal Of Nigerian Passport In The Us by nekbone: 1:49am On Jan 15, 2011
NIGERIA IS SOOO FUCKING BACKWARDS! I AM COMPLETELY EMBARRASSED TO CALL NIGERIA MY COUNTRY. WHY IS EVERYTHING A FUCKING PROCESS? A LAND FILLED WITH ALL KINDS OF NATURAL RESOURCES! BUT THE FUCKING GREED RIGHT?
SO IM TRYING TO OBTAIN A "NEW ECOFUCKINGWAS" PASSPORT AND WHY THE Bleep ARE THEY REQUIRING A PERMANENT NIGERIAN ADDRESS TO FILL THE ONLINE APP? I HAVENT LIVED THERE IN ABOUT 20 FUCKING YEARS!!! OF COURSE CALLING IS A JOKE. YEAH THE WEBSITE IS FLASHIER BUT LACKS PERTINENT INFO. THIS COUNTRY IS A DISGRACE TO THE WORLD AND IF IT COMPLETELY BURNT DOWN, I WOULDNT SHUDDER.
THING THAT PISSES ME OFF THE MOST IS THEY CAN DO IT, MOST NIGERIANS ARE INTELLIGENT. THEY MUST GET A RISE OUT OF ALL THE FRUSTRATED PEOPLE.
I HATE ABSOLUTELY HATE NIGERIA. NO LIGHT, NO WATER IN THIS DAY AND AGE, BUT PURE GREED IN EVERY FACET. Bleep NAIJA AND ALL THEIR DIRTY POLITICIANS THAT CONTINUE TO RUN IT FURTHER AND FURTHER TO THE GROUND.
lipsrsealed
Re: Renewal Of Nigerian Passport In The Us by mmadinobi: 3:43pm On Jan 15, 2011
nekbone:

NIGERIA IS SOOO bleeping BACKWARDS! I AM COMPLETELY EMBARRASSED TO CALL NIGERIA MY COUNTRY. WHY IS EVERYTHING A bleeping PROCESS? A LAND FILLED WITH ALL KINDS OF NATURAL RESOURCES! BUT THE bleeping GREED RIGHT?
SO IM TRYING TO OBTAIN A "NEW ECOFUCKINGWAS" PASSPORT AND WHY THE bleep ARE THEY REQUIRING A PERMANENT NIGERIAN ADDRESS TO FILL THE ONLINE APP? I HAVENT LIVED THERE IN ABOUT 20 bleeping YEARS!!! OF COURSE CALLING IS A JOKE. YEAH THE WEBSITE IS FLASHIER BUT LACKS PERTINENT INFO. THIS COUNTRY IS A DISGRACE TO THE WORLD AND IF IT COMPLETELY BURNT DOWN, I WOULDNT SHUDDER.
THING THAT PISSES ME OFF THE MOST IS THEY CAN DO IT, MOST NIGERIANS ARE INTELLIGENT. THEY MUST GET A RISE OUT OF ALL THE FRUSTRATED PEOPLE.
I HATE ABSOLUTELY HATE NIGERIA. NO LIGHT, NO WATER IN THIS DAY AND AGE, BUT PURE GREED IN EVERY FACET. bleep NAIJA AND ALL THEIR DIRTY POLITICIANS THAT CONTINUE TO RUN IT FURTHER AND FURTHER TO THE GROUND.
lipsrsealed

come back and contribute to the growth of naija and stop to insulting your father
Anuohia

1 Like

Re: Renewal Of Nigerian Passport In The Us by marchcandy: 8:02pm On Apr 15, 2012
Hello all.

(1) (Reply)

Lady Encounters A Nosy Man In A Public Transport (Photos) / 5 People You Will Find On Any Lagos Street / Ban On Foreign Airlines Triggers Fare Rise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.