Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,720 members, 7,802,173 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:25 AM

Moving To Singapore - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Moving To Singapore (23050 Views)

Passengers Sitting On Top Of A Moving Train (photos) / 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria / How Do I Obtain A Visa To Singapore? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Moving To Singapore by busman: 1:25am On Jan 13, 2007
pls can any one in the house feed me with information on immigrating to singapore.either through permanent residency or other wise.i heard its not that stressfull
Re: Moving To Singapore by oggboy(m): 3:26pm On Jan 15, 2007
i had posted a thread, we are career source nigeria limited.contact us on 09-6716090 in abuja.
we do malaysia, canada, australia, new zealand,singapore etc just tell us what ur needs are and we will deal with u.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moving To Singapore by Busta(f): 4:10pm On Jan 15, 2007
I understand visiting but why would u want to go to singapore for permanent residence?

Was there visiting bout 4 yrs ago. Lots of rules and regulations to obey while u are there. . . like no chewing gum in public. undecided

it is the worst place to smuggle drugs or commit rape, cos once u're caught, not even George Bush can save u.

Besides, it is one of the cleanest country on earth.

6 Likes

Re: Moving To Singapore by beecrofty(m): 2:08pm On Jan 17, 2007
lol
Re: Moving To Singapore by onatisi(m): 2:17pm On Jan 18, 2007
i was to go to malaysia this year i shelved it and my friend
and my friend went instead , the poor guy is compaining
badly i wont advise these countries for nigerians
malaysia,singapore,thailand and phillinine
a lot of our guys spoiled the place years back words of wisdom.
Re: Moving To Singapore by beecrofty(m): 4:25am On Jan 19, 2007
onatisi,
why are your friends complaining about those countries?
what do they do there?
Re: Moving To Singapore by iice(f): 4:32am On Jan 19, 2007
Busta:

I understand visiting but why would u want to go to singapore for permanent residence?

Was there visiting bout 4 years ago. Lots of rules and regulations to obey while u are there. . . like no chewing gum in public. undecided

it is the worst place to smuggle drugs or commit rape, because once u're caught, not even George Bush can save u.

Besides, it is one of the cleanest country on earth.

Word! too many rules and regulations
Re: Moving To Singapore by beecrofty(m): 3:57pm On Jan 20, 2007
c
Re: Moving To Singapore by nicolas: 5:37pm On Jan 21, 2007
Singapore is visa free to Nigerians, You just need your international passport and maybe buy an euthopian airline ticket, no need to meet anyone. But your limit in Singapore is 2 weeks

2 Likes

Re: Moving To Singapore by Pain(m): 6:33am On Jan 30, 2007
Singapore is A Police State.

Was There Last Month. I Couldnt Chew Gum. I Cldnt Sneeze. Its A Neat Place Ok.

But What Is Life all About? Isnt it All About Being & Feeling Free?

4 is a crowd in Sing. U need Police Permit for that. Good Heavens!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fellow Nigerians, let me tell U something. Home is where U have Peace.of mind.

I have met many nigerians in diaspora who remain out here just as a matter of Pride. "Oh Dele Is Abroad"

But the fact is that Dele was Better off Back home. Are U a Dele? If U are then, this is for U::

Please please who are u trying to impress. No Place Like Home O.! Australia, New Zealand , London?

They all the same. Just better managed Abujas but with lesser tolerance for Black Skins.!!!! They Hanged One of us in one of those Cities Last week. Dont ask me which one. The days of impressing people with pictures in Malls are over dear.

If U havent found peace there, Please drop False Pride and Head back Home.

If U aint doing anything tangible head back home at least u have a home and not a partitioned cubicle in the heart of New or is it Filthy York?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moving To Singapore by niceuzor: 12:23pm On Jan 30, 2007
@PAIN

Plz can u give us the gallary of Singapore?

you must be a good traveller i guess.
Re: Moving To Singapore by Nobody: 9:23am On Jan 31, 2007
@busman,
I will not advise you to migrate to Singapore or any other Southeast Asian country for that matter( unless you have a job that's taking you there).Singapore is a very small place with a population under 4.5million,they are so few and you can't hide .If you overstay your welcome,you are in DEEP SH*T.

You'll definitely do better for yourself in Nigeria than migrating to any Southeast Asian country.They treat blacks(especially Nigerians) with such disrespect that you'll need a thick skin to survive.Plus,there are limited/no job opportunities in Asia for foreigners and that's why some people engage in bad things that take them to prison 'because they can't come back home.

Don't be deceived by the visa free stuff,I've had opportunity to work/visit these countries and I know what guys are going through.

2 Likes

Re: Moving To Singapore by onatisi(m): 9:50am On Jan 31, 2007
busman a word is good enough for the wise , a fiend of mine just came back from malaysia last week . he said the same thing all those internet pictures and visa free stuff is all a ruse and by then u would have spent close to 300k naira,damm!!!! about 2500dollars . and do u know with thta same money in nigeria u can double it by doing legiiate business here in nigeria without any prolem . pleas my country people start thinking

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Moving To Singapore by Seun(m): 1:46pm On Jan 31, 2007
And make sure you double-check everything you're carrying through the airport.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Moving To Singapore by iice(f): 3:19am On Feb 01, 2007
LMAO grin
Re: Moving To Singapore by OmoEko1(f): 3:35am On Feb 01, 2007
don't be piggybacking wireless internet if u are gonna use your lap top, only if u want to e sentenced to jail, that country is crazy
Re: Moving To Singapore by Nobody: 3:43am On Feb 01, 2007
yep i think i have some info for those moving to Singapore!

Nigerian hanged in Changi prisons for drug-related offences!

Need more info?
Re: Moving To Singapore by niterider(m): 3:45pm On Mar 11, 2007
Aint the law a bitch??Y are all these ppl suddenly aware that nigerians are being hanged in singapore?Where were u all when the so-called nigerians were pushin drugs?This is just the beginning.
@ the thread starter-If u want to immigrate to singapore,that wld be great as long as u are qualified enuf to get urself gainfully employed and u are ready to obey their laws.Dont go there and say "i be nija and notin dey happen"

2 Likes

Re: Moving To Singapore by Nobody: 4:42am On Mar 21, 2007
Kool stuff out here, 
I don't understand why we Nigerians just conclude and go over to some place as if its Heaven. If you have a family and you are not moving because of your vocation, then why not stay back, home is always home. The reason why people get into trouble anyway is because they do the wrong things. U can still live successfully and be happy in Singapore if u are able to follow the strict rules and you have something tangible to do, not coming here to look for one, becasue fellow Naijas don spoil here. Rules are good though, but some are extreme. One thing i'll like to mention is that Singapore is very expensive. B4 u ride  a car out here, u would own a car company in Nigeria. Most times, our folks would be beter off, using the funds they use travelling-out to make good business in Naija

kennis:

Aajo ko da bi ile, no matter where u go, come back area o, area o.  I just salute ma popman! I thua Sir! He no easy o.  grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Moving To Singapore by iice(f): 6:50am On Mar 21, 2007
Wow, so we are not into fabricating posts for people. . .amazing! Tomorrow complain about the negativity we get. cheesy Do some research before fabricating posts for me man. Even if it was written in green color, the essence of the post has nothing to do with me cheesy
Re: Moving To Singapore by Nobody: 11:18am On Mar 21, 2007
What's that iice?
Re: Moving To Singapore by iice(f): 10:14am On Mar 23, 2007
Whats that post you quoted that is "supposedly" mine? undecided
Re: Moving To Singapore by Nobody: 10:19am On Mar 23, 2007
iice:

Whats that post you quoted that is "supposedly" mine? undecided

Whatever u think,  far from it, just expressed straight opinions, thats all,
Re: Moving To Singapore by iice(f): 10:24am On Mar 23, 2007
*Bemused* Memory lapse. . .slight of the hand. . .hmmmm. *where is da candyman?* cheesy
Re: Moving To Singapore by Nobody: 10:30am On Mar 23, 2007
iice:

*Bemused* Memory lapse. . .slight of the hand. . .hmmmm. *where is da candyman?* cheesy

't was a mistake, thanks for seeing that. So don't take it personal. Corrected now, check it up!!!
Re: Moving To Singapore by iice(f): 10:33am On Mar 23, 2007
I rest ma case cheesy. Peace!
Re: Moving To Singapore by Nobody: 10:36am On Mar 23, 2007
iice:

I rest ma case cheesy. Peace!

Learned counsel! u'll fit in well to a legal profession,  cheesy   smiley   cheesy
peace out!
Re: Moving To Singapore by Sgean: 10:09am On Feb 18, 2008
busman,

I am a Singaporean and I guess I am the best person to ask if you have any query about my country.

It is true that Singapore is a very clean country and we have a Clean & Green Campaign to support that. The banned of chewing gum derived from some irresponsible people who knew how to chew but did not know how to dispose properly despite the existence of rubbish bins at most places. No doubt the government is very strict when it comes to rules and regulations but if it is for the benefit of the country and its people, why complain?

Next, our currency is SGD1=USD1.414 so please work it out in terms of naira. If you intend to stay long, do make sure the amount of money you bring is enough to substantiate your stay.

Singapore is a labour-intensive capital because we do not have natural resources, therefore the people become the country's asset. Currently the government is encouraging foreign talents to invest or work in Singapore, ultimately making Singapore their home. This move made by the government derives from the latest trend that many of us are educated abroad and while some of us choose to stay and work overseas, there are others who got married and refuse to come back. Now there are even incentives for permanent residents who are applying for a house here.

This country has a literacy rate of 100%, so you wouldn't be afraid of losing your way as you can approach anybody on the street to ask for directions. Even the least educated person is able to converse in English as it is mandatory for all Singaporeans to go to school by the age of 7.

I am sorry for those of you who had encountered bad experience during your stay here, especially for those who felt they are being alienated. I guess it works the same for all countries because that was the same experience I had when I first joined your community.

By the way Singapore is indeed visa-free for Nigerians. Upon reaching Sg immiga at the airport, you are to produce your Health card (yellow card) and BTA (Basic Travel Allowance) of USD1,000.

Feel free to write to me personally if you need more clarifications.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moving To Singapore by goodguy100(m): 10:41am On Feb 18, 2008
sgean, i really like your post , can you please tell me the wages [ pay] of any unskilled jobs in your country singapore, i am based in south africa and i really want to come over there cus Life here is not easy. Thanks
Re: Moving To Singapore by Sgean: 11:56am On Feb 18, 2008
goodguy100,

Thanks for liking my post wink

Basically, the wages for unskilled jobs range between SGD500 and SGD1,000 depending on the nature of the job. Some cleaners are paid SGD800 monthly and this is inclusive of their CPF (Central Provident Fund) contributions. The Indian nationals who are doing construction jobs are taking home as high as SGD1,500 per month so it is really dependent on the job and the performance of the company you are working for.

2 Likes

Re: Moving To Singapore by deemax: 5:15pm On Feb 18, 2008
Hi Sgean,
Tnxs alot for ur info.I have always admired Singapore.I am a shipping practitioner and a masters holder in Transport Planning(Maritime Transport) can i easily get an employment in the Maritime Industry and how much is the least pay?can u also link me with a site that contains empolyment details for non Singaporian i would like to know ur email or phone number.Mine is :

Email :aligacp@yahoo.com

Tel: +2348033204653
Re: Moving To Singapore by kenflipper(m): 6:01pm On Feb 18, 2008
Easier said than done is the best way to describe wht i have read here even from the singaporean who posted!
I lived in Singapore few yrs back.
Singaporeans have 85percent literacy level and not 100% as posted. True you couldnt loose ur way in singapore, true singapore is visa free to Nigeria, having an invitation letter is optional but i would recommend it for first time visitors, which can be retrived online from hotels. A BTA of 500USD is considerate. Immigration officers at changi airport are nice and friendly your visa issuance at the airport largely depends on your arrival card the way you fill it determines or entry or exit for 2wks. If you fill it wrongly or tell lies you will either go to Jail from the airport or if you are lucky be deported. Yes a Lie can send you to Jail in singapore so be mindful of what you say, And it isnt easy to live and work in Singapore.
Even tho! sometimes they sound like they need teachers and workers, singapore govt is mindful about allowing foreigners to live and work in singapore permanently. There are agencies that are have the authority to recruit for firms and they recruit in bulk most of these agencies recruits from India, bangladesh and philliphines there reason i dont know, may be cheaper labour.

If you are not clean minded please dont venture singapore!!! busting dirty mind is the pride of singapore and they enjoy doing it. the policing authorities have all the tools they need to do just that. You know wht else is interesting about busting dirty minds, they do it in good time!!! The city is secured with micro cameras that the eyes cant pick, alot of it are hidden in trees, so please no trying. Any where you go and wht ever you do be sure that a third eye is watching you. All these cameras are control from from the basement of the force. Singapore is like a video game. YOU DARE TO PLAY, it a game where you always loose if you are not clean.

But!!! above all, i will call it the safest place to live on earth. ONLY if you are clean!!!
Drop you purse and it comes back to you, dont ask me how, because of the third eye, no body steals!!!
A friend left his wallet in the taxi and that evening the wallet was on the news demanding the owner to come pick it. In singapore no body cheats you, but also you will never cheat any body, AMEN.

If you need more info holla.

I was able to live in singapore by observing my 2wks and exiting the country before my visa expires to neighbouring Asian countries. I recommend singapore if you are a business man cars, auto-parts, electronics are good buys in singapore, you could get up to 2months if ur business associates indicates the purpose of ur 2months. If you exit the country in the morning and come back at noon, you get another 2wks thats the law.

Hey!, Less i forget!!!, if you are caught overstaying your stay in singapore for over

*2wks, you get a fine of 150 Singapore dollars or go to jail
*3months you go to Jail for a month
more than 3months - you go to jail plus 6-strokes of the cane on your naked ass!!!, Yes you are striped naked pants down, tied and caned.
Singapore govt explaination is that the laws are so simple so any one that goes above the law is an animal and as such should be treated as one.

HOPE THIS HELPS YOU THINK TRICE BEFORE YOU MAKE THAT MOVE!!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Much Does My Friend Need As Bta To Enter Usa / Anambra Government Declares Free Transportation Within The State From December 1 / What To Know About Ibom Industrial City & Ibom Motors City...video & Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.