Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,923 members, 7,802,996 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 07:00 AM

AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (37850 Views)

AFCON 2019: Nigeria Gets Medals, Fans Celebrate 3rd Place (Photos) / Nigeria Vs Burundi: AFCON 2019 (1 - 0) Full Time / South Korea Vs Mexico: Mexico Set To Battle South Korea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) by Nomfanelo99(f): 1:41am On Jan 13, 2017
nonjebose:

Hmm. Yeah, rugby and cricket. What do you call them? The Proteas, I think. Two unpopular sports in nigeria.
proteas n Springboks
Re: AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) by nonjebose(m): 1:47am On Jan 13, 2017
Nomfanelo99:
proteas n Springboks
Yeah! I tried. I like the Springboks. World champs.
Re: AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) by Nomfanelo99(f): 1:48am On Jan 13, 2017
nonjebose:

Yeah! I tried. I like the Springboks. World champs.
yeah u tried. anyways what's keeping u up at this time
Re: AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) by nijanigga: 1:48am On Jan 13, 2017
AFCON that disrupts European leagues? time for change.why playing it every 2 years?
Re: AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) by nonjebose(m): 1:50am On Jan 13, 2017
Nomfanelo99:
yeah u tried. anyways what's keeping u up at this time
Okay, nice chatting with you.

1 Like

Re: AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) by Livefreeordieha(m): 4:15am On Jan 13, 2017
bro i prefer u ask about zobo..or imperial leather soap..cuz fried beans with crayfish and plenty onions ontop dodo sweet pass a first time toto..try it and thank me later.. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
UNIZIK1stSon:
So?

We Should Fry Beans Abi??
Re: AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) by Nickizoe(f): 6:07am On Jan 13, 2017
Haha haha.... Seychelles is beautiful with a sweet name for the Capital.. VICTORIA... NAWAOHH Thank God for FIFA...with this 48teams am going to know more other new countries in Africa.

1 Like

Re: AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) by firstking01(m): 7:04am On Jan 13, 2017
Mannylex:
This is slowly becoming a rivalry. Some years back South Africa was piece of cake for us, but now they wield fear..... I however believe we would qualify with our present crop of players. It's safe to say we are presently in our "golden generation"
Can't remember the last time they beat us...we 've been their nemesis since the time immemorial.
Re: AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) by firstking01(m): 7:06am On Jan 13, 2017
hefelove:
bia, dem never even play 2017 own una Don dey do 2019. Wen CAF turn to Nigeria politics wey dem don dey campaign 2019 election immediatly after Change for 2015?
It's like nation will be every year from now henceforth...cameroun will host it 2018.
Re: AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) by edi287: 7:58am On Jan 13, 2017
Ahmed musa and our defense been really fall hand that day. Ike Uche was off form too. Nff were to blame for us not qualifying
Re: AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) by Rockyrascal(m): 8:06am On Jan 13, 2017
5starmilitant:
I trust this present super eagles to crush everyone on that group....

*EVEN THE BIBLE KNOWS THAT YOU ARE WAITING FOR "MMM" TO RE OPEN ON 14 OF JANUARY 2017!!*
Ezra 6:19
"And the children of the captivity kept the
passover upon the FOURTEENTH day of the first month". cheesy cheesy cheesy
grin
Re: AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) by santopelele(m): 8:12am On Jan 13, 2017
2019 ke, 2019 ni, My friends, let's stop deceiving ourselves, there is nothing, I mean there is nothing that will be like Nigeria in 2019, by then what we will have is Arewa, Biafra, middle belt and oduduwa
like if you agree, share if you disagree
Re: AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) by robosky02(m): 9:31am On Jan 13, 2017
firstking01:
Can't remember the last time they beat us...we 've been their nemesis since the time immemorial.

yjey have NEVER beaten us in a competitive game grin

1 Like

Re: AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) by gemale(m): 9:32am On Jan 13, 2017
Nickizoe:
I use to think Lesotho is a state in RSA.... lol...we will qualify this time
I tnk dey were b4 dey got independence. Dey r inside South Africa geographically sha. Dem & Swaziland...
Re: AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) by gemale(m): 9:33am On Jan 13, 2017
robosky02:

yjey have NEVER beaten us in a competitive game grin
U know dt deres a 1st tym 4 evrytn ryt?
Re: AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) by robosky02(m): 9:36am On Jan 13, 2017
gemale:

U know dt deres a 1st tym 4 evrytn ryt?

not in this century yet

maybe 2094

after 100 years of the first victory grin
Re: AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) by gemale(m): 9:39am On Jan 13, 2017
Mannylex:
This is slowly becoming a rivalry. Some years back South Africa was piece of cake for us, but now they wield fear..... I however believe we would qualify with our present crop of players. It's safe to say we are presently in our "golden generation"
Dnt start celebrating yet. Our team is still very far 4rm being called golden. We hv just won a few matches & our strongest opponents hv bn Algeria. Until we go toe 2 toe wt d best in d world & emerge victorious, we dnt deserve dt title.
Re: AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) by Chikelue2000(m): 9:46am On Jan 13, 2017
Jennlola:
I hope we qualify this time.
we will qualify if only u say amen
Re: AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) by gemale(m): 9:49am On Jan 13, 2017
Abeg make we 1st concentrate on our 2 world cup qualifying matches against Cameroon 1st. If we fit win 2 of dem, we don qualify 4 world cup. Den we fit start dey strategize hw 2 qualify 4 ds 1.
Re: AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) by Burnavick(m): 10:47am On Jan 13, 2017
hefelove:
bia, dem never even play 2017 own una Don dey do 2019. Wen CAF turn to Nigeria politics wey dem don dey campaign 2019 election immediatly after Change for 2015?

its two years interval
Re: AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) by LeSudAfricaine: 11:16am On Jan 13, 2017
The problem with the South African team is that the best players aren't called up
Re: AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) by robosky02(m): 12:38pm On Jan 13, 2017
Eagles coach picks South Africa as main rivals for AFCON 2019

Super Eagles assistant coach Imama Amapakabo has singled out Bafana Bafana of South Africa as the main rivals for qualification to AFCON 2019 in Cameroon.

South Africa stopped Nigeria to AFCON 2015 in Equatorial Guinea and both teams are again drawn in the same qualifying pool with Libya and Seychelles.

The overall winners of the 12 qualifying groups and three best runners-up will join hosts Cameroon for the tournament proper.

The qualifiers will start in June, according to the Confederation of African Football (CAF) after yesterday’s draw in Gabon.

“This is a fair group. I am not taking anything away from the other teams, but I think South Africa will be the team for us to battle for the AFCON ticket,” Imama told AfricanFootball.com

“Not taking anything away from Seychelles and Libya. But we will play all the teams with the same level of preparation.”

Nigeria have failed to qualify for the last two AFCONs and so will be under added pressure to ensure they reach Cameroon 2019.

“I am confident we will scale through we cannot afford to miss out on three Nations Cup. So, it is must we will deliver the ticket,” said the coach.

“Do you know how painful it is now that the AFCON will start this weekend and Nigeria are not participating?

“We will get the ticket to AFCON 2019, I am very hopeful.”
Re: AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) by adriel39(m): 7:57pm On Jan 13, 2017
AFCON 2019: Super Eagles to battle South Africa, Libya for qualification:
The Super Eagles of Nigeria will have to battle against South Africa and Libya in their bid to return to competing at the biennial Africa Cup of Nations, AFCON 2019.
Placed in Group E in the draws conducted on Thursday, the Super Eagles will also be facing Seychelles in the AFCON 2019 qualifiers.
The three-time African champions have failed to qualify for two straight AFCONs – the 2015 and 2017 editions – and the third in four editions, after also missing out on the 2012 edition.
The next AFCON will be hosted by four-time African champions, Cameroon.
Only group winners are guaranteed a place at the next edition of the AFCON tournament
Cameroon will be hosting Africa’s biggest football event for the first time in 45 years, having last hosted in 1972, and edition which was won by Congo.
The central African country already hosted the Africa Women’s Cup of Nations (AWCON) last year, which Nigeria won.
Meanwhile, Chad, who pulled out of the qualifiers for the 2017 AFCON from Nigeria’s qualifying group, are banned from this edition of the competition as a result.

For more info... http://sportsgolive.com/live-football/

Re: AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) by Icon79(m): 8:13pm On Jan 13, 2017
5starmilitant:
I trust this present super eagles to crush everyone on that group....

*EVEN THE BIBLE KNOWS THAT YOU ARE WAITING FOR "MMM" TO RE OPEN ON 14 OF JANUARY 2017!!*
Ezra 6:19
"And the children of the captivity kept the
passover upon the FOURTEENTH day of the first month". cheesy cheesy cheesy

Stop using God's Holy Word in vain! angry

And just so you know, January is actually the 10th month in the Hebrew calendar. So try to study up before exposing your ignorance.

O pari
Re: AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) by 5starmilitant: 8:24pm On Jan 13, 2017
Icon79:

Stop using God's Holy Word in vain! angry

And just so you know, January is actually the 10th month in the Hebrew calendar. So try to study up before exposing your ignorance.

O pari

Why are you pained? What I posted was for fun. Other people who saw the post just laughed, because they know it's all joke. There were some laughing smileys at the end of the post. But you have personalized it, because Na you holy pass. Why tell me to study up? Was I arguing with anyone? or did I stated anywhere that it's a FACT? Next time think properly before quoting people. Goodnight.
Re: AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) by Icon79(m): 8:30pm On Jan 13, 2017
5starmilitant:

Why are you pained? What I posted was for fun. Other people who saw the post just laughed, because they know it's all joke. There were some laughing smileys at the end of the post. But you have personalized it, because Na you holy pass. Why tell me to study up? Was I arguing with anyone? or did I stated anywhere that it's a FACT? Next time think properly before quoting people. Goodnight.

That's my point, exactly. You are free to joke to your hearts content, but please don't joke with God's Word or with God's Name. Those two are out of bounds. Are you aware that taking God's Name in vain is a sin? Now what about God's Word?

The Bible says that God has exalted (magnified) His Word above all His Names. Psalm 138:2. So let's be careful what we joke with because we shall be called into account on the last day.

FYI - I wasn't trying to bully you or anything, that was just a friendly advice cool
Re: AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) by adriel39(m): 8:43pm On Jan 13, 2017
robosky02:
thunder never strikes on one spot twice
we must tame them this time around grin

but the last time was sooo painful grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gF7Qhh20_Yk

nice this is good one clip
Re: AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) by robosky02(m): 9:28pm On Jan 14, 2017
2017 AFCON: GABON 1-1 GUINEA BISSAU

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

COVID-19: Six Chelsea Players Test Positive / Cristiano Ronaldo Declares Ambition For Next Season / Babyface Babatunde Wins N2m At GOTV Boxing Night In Just 10 Minutes (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.