Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,369 members, 7,808,286 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:53 AM

Buhari Assures Manufacturers Of Forex Allocation - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Buhari Assures Manufacturers Of Forex Allocation (6608 Views)

Nigeria Running Out Of FOREX – John Campbell, Ex-US Ambassador / Need Help With Manufacturers of this PET bottle / CBN Resumes Sales Of Forex To Bdcs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Assures Manufacturers Of Forex Allocation by Adesiji77: 5:53am On Jan 13, 2017
… moves to avert job losses

President Muhammadu Buhari has directed the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) to prioritise foreign exchange allocation to manufacturers in order to forestall job losses.

Chris Ngige, minister of labour and employment, gave the charge during an interactive session with National Executive of National Union of Food, Beverages and Tobacco Employee (NUFBTE) in Abuja.

Ngige at the meeting also reiterated Federal Government’s unwavering commitment towards ensuring that industries remain operational, despite the lingering socio-economic challenges

“The Federal Government has directed the Central Bank of Nigeria to ensure that the backlog of applications for items needed to make industries remain operational are accorded priority in foreign exchange allocation to forestall job losses,” Ngige said.

The minister also tasked the organized labour unions to support the efforts of President Buhari led administration at reducing the country’s overdependence on imported goods and raw materials which are inimical to the nation’s foreign reserve.

In addition, the Minister lauded NUFBTE for not only focusing on workers’ welfare but also diversifying into job creation ventures, hence complementing the efforts of the Federal Government in stemming youth unemployment.

“I wish to ask your union to do more than you have been doing by assisting the Federal Government proffer solution to the excessive reliance on imported goods and raw materials.

“We want you to put on your thinking cap and devise ways and means of lessening reliance on importation by sourcing your raw materials locally to preserve our foreign exchange,” Ngige urged.

Speaking earlier, Lateef Oyelekan, NUFBTE president, applauded the minister’s intervention and pro-activeness at nipping in the bud, industrial issues that could snowball into crisis.

He further appealed to the Federal Government to help beverage companies address the challenges they face in accessing foreign exchange for the importation of raw materials.
http://www.businessdayonline.com/buhari-assures-manufacturers-forex-allocation/
Re: Buhari Assures Manufacturers Of Forex Allocation by sarrki(m): 5:56am On Jan 13, 2017
Baba we the progressives knows you love this country

Only enemies of state think otherwise

God bless you sire

God bless Muhammadu Buhari

God bless federal republic of Nigeria

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Assures Manufacturers Of Forex Allocation by shamack: 6:07am On Jan 13, 2017
God help our leaders n lead them to the right part,,,,,you kept them in that position for a reason,,,,please lead them to the promise land,,,,,,i will never be a bad belle

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Assures Manufacturers Of Forex Allocation by sarrki(m): 6:10am On Jan 13, 2017
shamack:
God help our leaders n lead them to the right part,,,,,you kept them in that position for a reason,,,,please lead them to the promise land,,,,,,i will never be a bad belle

Patriotic citizen you are

God bless you

God bless muhammadu Buhari

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Assures Manufacturers Of Forex Allocation by IVORY2009(m): 6:11am On Jan 13, 2017
we hope so, action speaks louder than words, president pls do the needful as that sector is suffering, no forex to order/buy raw materials.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Assures Manufacturers Of Forex Allocation by MrGreenMavro: 6:20am On Jan 13, 2017
hhhh

Yeeee! Today is MMM's eve (Watch Night). I dey go buy knockout....*hehehe* Who wants"abisco"?...

1 Like

Re: Buhari Assures Manufacturers Of Forex Allocation by agarawu23(m): 6:23am On Jan 13, 2017
We know the way......u sale to manufacturers at official rate and later share the black market rate together.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Assures Manufacturers Of Forex Allocation by bettercreature(m): 8:31am On Jan 13, 2017
agarawu23:
We know the way......u sale to manufacturers at official rate and later share the black market rate together.
Olodo ni e! they use most of the dollars to service letter of credit or pay it directly to the seller,it's not paid out in cash!

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Assures Manufacturers Of Forex Allocation by free2ryhme: 8:31am On Jan 13, 2017
This is how govt shld be thinking
Re: Buhari Assures Manufacturers Of Forex Allocation by XXLDICK(m): 8:32am On Jan 13, 2017
Fucking devalue the currency.

How can a country have many exchange rates

Creating loopholes for people to make crazy money.

Devalue the currency and create equal playing field for everybody.

You know nothing about economics, but you won't listen to those that know.

When I receive dollars, I'm forced to exchange it for 350 or thereabouts. But when I need dollars, it far over N400/1$

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Assures Manufacturers Of Forex Allocation by glossy6(f): 8:32am On Jan 13, 2017
Na today nyash dey back? Dollars to all the abokis as usual. Na your way be that.

chanji is real

1 Like

Re: Buhari Assures Manufacturers Of Forex Allocation by lifestyle1(m): 8:33am On Jan 13, 2017
Re: Buhari Assures Manufacturers Of Forex Allocation by Nobody: 8:34am On Jan 13, 2017
EVEN THE BIBLE KNOWS THAT YOU ARE WAITING FOR MMM TO REOPEN ON THE 14TH OF JANUARY 2017.........

Ezra 6:19
And the children of captivity kept the passover upon the FOURTEENTH day of the first month"

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Assures Manufacturers Of Forex Allocation by bettercreature(m): 8:36am On Jan 13, 2017
free2ryhme:
This is how govt shld be thinking
Common man will pay for it,without allocating dollar to importers Nigeria will never get out of recession and inflation will keep rising
Even america,china or india dare not say they won't allocate dollars to importers let alone a country where electricity is ZERO,this government is just clueless

1 Like

Re: Buhari Assures Manufacturers Of Forex Allocation by bejeria101(m): 8:38am On Jan 13, 2017
So the stupid policy was to achieve what exactly? What u have destroyed you want to salvage,airhead last cowbender.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Assures Manufacturers Of Forex Allocation by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:38am On Jan 13, 2017
We shall... We will... Be assured... We intend to... We are going...
Trade mark of this administration undecided

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Assures Manufacturers Of Forex Allocation by eaglechild: 8:38am On Jan 13, 2017
How will the manufacturers be selected?

Small, medium or large scale.

Preferential access to cheap FOREX is what has caused some monopolies to emerge

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Assures Manufacturers Of Forex Allocation by TeleboiZ005(m): 8:38am On Jan 13, 2017
Jerome will believe thisgrin grin grin

Can u c meundecided
Re: Buhari Assures Manufacturers Of Forex Allocation by gratiaeo(m): 8:40am On Jan 13, 2017
Dullard has speak

1 Like

Re: Buhari Assures Manufacturers Of Forex Allocation by Nobody: 8:42am On Jan 13, 2017
bejeria101:
So the stupid policy was to achieve what exactly? What u have destroyed you want to salvage,airhead last cowbender.
Its better if they want to salvage it again, rather than letting things be. Maybe this time around they mean business.

I choose the positive side......until thet fail the masses again

1 Like

Re: Buhari Assures Manufacturers Of Forex Allocation by ItsawrapOutfit: 9:08am On Jan 13, 2017
Do I and should I believe you?

I want me my vote back please
Re: Buhari Assures Manufacturers Of Forex Allocation by googlepikins: 9:12am On Jan 13, 2017
He has been assuring for over 2 years now. He's decieveing himself

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Assures Manufacturers Of Forex Allocation by Firefire(m): 9:18am On Jan 13, 2017
[s]
sarrki:

God bless you sire

God bless Muhammadu Buhari [/s]

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Assures Manufacturers Of Forex Allocation by Firefire(m): 9:19am On Jan 13, 2017
sarrki:

[s]Patriotic citizen you are

God bless you

God bless muhammadu Buhari
[/s]

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Assures Manufacturers Of Forex Allocation by FunkyMetahuman: 9:25am On Jan 13, 2017
So why the inflation on made in Nigeria goods?

This man sometimes thinks we are ediot.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Assures Manufacturers Of Forex Allocation by chibuzorAbia: 9:26am On Jan 13, 2017
bettercreature:
Common man will pay for it,without allocating dollar to importers Nigeria will never get out of recession and inflation will keep rising
Even america,china or india dare not say they won't allocate dollars to importers let alone a country where electricity is ZERO,this government is just clueless

Economic saboteur!!! And when the dollar eventually runs out nko? Olodo!
Re: Buhari Assures Manufacturers Of Forex Allocation by chibuzorAbia: 9:28am On Jan 13, 2017
FunkyMetahuman:
So why the inflation on made in Nigerian goods?

This man sometimes thinks we are ediot.

Caused by heartless greedy fellow Nigerians. The govt cannot send soldiers to the market to control prices!
Re: Buhari Assures Manufacturers Of Forex Allocation by Abdul3391(m): 9:29am On Jan 13, 2017
sarrki:

God bless you sire

God bless Muhammadu Buhari

you're igonrant and stupid. what dirty love are you talking about?

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Assures Manufacturers Of Forex Allocation by Nobody: 9:36am On Jan 13, 2017
chibuzorAbia:

Caused by heartless greedy fellow Nigerians. The govt cannot send soldiers to the market to control prices!

It will come down when everybody start producing it.
Re: Buhari Assures Manufacturers Of Forex Allocation by ephi123(f): 9:37am On Jan 13, 2017
IVORY2009:
we hope so, action speaks louder than words, president pls do the needful as that sector is suffering, no forex to order/buy raw materials.
Re: Buhari Assures Manufacturers Of Forex Allocation by masseratti: 9:43am On Jan 13, 2017
XXLDICK:
Fucking devalue the currency.

How can a country have many exchange rates

Creating loopholes for people to make crazy money.

Devalue the currency and create equal playing field for everybody.

You know nothing about economics, but you won't listen to those that know.

When I receive dollars, I'm forced to exchange it for 350 or thereabouts. But when I need dollars, it far over N400/1$
i tire o, let everyone source from the same place, government and private, let the naira float for real not the semi float cancel the official rate and the money will stabilize even if its a thousand to a dollar, the way it is now, they are just making some people rich, they won't listen, man die once, the system they are having, we will die many times.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Starting And Running A Hair Salon In Lagos, Nigeria / MMM Is Fraud: Watch Graphic Analysis / Sanusi Canvasses Islamic Banking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.