Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,213 members, 7,807,727 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:10 PM

I Want To Start Dealing On Hair But Don't Know How Start....You Have An Idea??? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / I Want To Start Dealing On Hair But Don't Know How Start....You Have An Idea??? (4684 Views)

10 Ways You're Ruining Your Hair But Don't Know It (part 2) By Loni Venti / 10 Ways You're Ruining Your Hair But Don't Know It (part 1) By Loni Venti / ''You Want To Know How Neat A Lady Is, Go Check Her Hair Net!'' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Start Dealing On Hair But Don't Know How Start....You Have An Idea??? by tyconcepts(f): 5:42pm On Jan 13, 2017
Part of my plans this year is to own a shop and after trouble shooting my head on what to deal on, I have finally decided deal on hair and hair products (synethic & human hair) but I don't know how to start (No be everything person dey know well) but I'm certain if I post it here on NL my fellow NLanders will have ideas that can help me start up real quick wink

=====> The location of the said shop will either be in a busy neighbourhood or in a start up market..... But as the spirit directs.

=====> The idea is to sell both wholesale and retail.....Bridging the gap between the retailers and the market people by selling market price.

=====> The start up budget is #500,000 (This is apart from the shop rent and any other expenses that would make the shop look good for business).

=====> I'm Warri based and I don't mind travelling out of my location to get goods at a reasonable price other to make go profit

Please if you have idea on this business.....Help me share them.

God bless you as you do.
Re: I Want To Start Dealing On Hair But Don't Know How Start....You Have An Idea??? by Byko899(m): 6:01pm On Jan 13, 2017
have u tried learning the business first?
Re: I Want To Start Dealing On Hair But Don't Know How Start....You Have An Idea??? by jumpandpas(m): 6:14pm On Jan 13, 2017
Hmm, you wan to be selling human hair.
Are you a ritualist?.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Start Dealing On Hair But Don't Know How Start....You Have An Idea??? by tyconcepts(f): 6:58am On Jan 14, 2017
jumpandpas:
Hmm, you wan to be selling human hair.

Are you a ritualist?.

I believe you feel you are funny. SMH
Re: I Want To Start Dealing On Hair But Don't Know How Start....You Have An Idea??? by tyconcepts(f): 7:00am On Jan 14, 2017
Byko899:
have u tried learning the business first?

Oh! I have to?
Re: I Want To Start Dealing On Hair But Don't Know How Start....You Have An Idea??? by Byko899(m): 8:38am On Jan 14, 2017
tyconcepts:

Oh! I have to?
yes or u useless the money
Re: I Want To Start Dealing On Hair But Don't Know How Start....You Have An Idea??? by tyconcepts(f): 9:33am On Jan 14, 2017
Byko899:
yes or u useless the money

I see.... Thanks, I will do that.
Re: I Want To Start Dealing On Hair But Don't Know How Start....You Have An Idea??? by queenfav(f): 10:41am On Jan 14, 2017
tyconcepts:

I see.... Thanks, I will do that.
Just saw this post.. I once bought powerbank from you in warri in 2012..You probably won't remember...lol .Anyways,i sell only human hair and its very good biz if you master it well. . I didn't have to learn from anyone because i started buying human hair for my own use in 2011,then started selling on campus in 2012 To succeed you need to know how to identify hair very well ie how to source for good durable hairs at moderate prices. Getting an honest supplier is also an issue, many lie about the quality of hair, that's where your knowledge of human hair quality comes in again.Its a deep business cos once a customer buys a bad hair from you, they would never patronize you again and even go further to call you out on social media . Whereas it may not be your fault, but that of a greedy supplier who sold a lower grade to you for the price of a high grade hair.If you are ready, can teach you the little I know that's been working for me.Feel free to contact me so we can talk better offline.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Start Dealing On Hair But Don't Know How Start....You Have An Idea??? by Nobody: 11:31am On Jan 14, 2017
queenfav:
Just saw this post.. I once bought powerbank from you in warri in 2012..You probably won't remember...lol .Anyways,i sell only human hair and its very good biz if you master it well. . I didn't have to learn from anyone because i started buying human hair for my own use in 2011,then started selling on campus in 2012 To succeed you need to know how to identify hair very well ie how to source for good durable hairs at moderate prices. Getting an honest supplier is also an issue, many lie about the quality of hair, that's where your knowledge of human hair quality comes in again.Its a deep business cos once a customer buys a bad hair from you, they would never patronize you again and even go further to call you out on social media . Whereas it may not be your fault, but that of a greedy supplier who sold a lower grade to you for the price of a high grade hair.If you are ready, can teach you the little I know that's been working for me.Feel free to contact me so we can talk better offline.

you're such a nice person.

I have considered going into the business too but am not the outgoing type and I don't have much female friends -so I don't know how to go about advertising.

Also, I considered buying directly from aliexpress as I have researched some reputable sellers on there.

I will like your advice.

wink smiley
Re: I Want To Start Dealing On Hair But Don't Know How Start....You Have An Idea??? by ButterFrost212(f): 12:42pm On Jan 14, 2017
I have been thinking of going into this line of business too, but my main stress is getting quality hair cos like queenfav said, once a customer buys fake hair from you that's it.
queenfav is it OK if I send you a mail. I'd appreciate it if you could also put me through.
Re: I Want To Start Dealing On Hair But Don't Know How Start....You Have An Idea??? by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jan 14, 2017
ButterFrost212:
I have been thinking of going into this line of business too, but my main stress is getting quality hair cos like queenfav said, once a customer buys fake hair from you that's it.
Queenfav is it OK if I send you a mail. I'd appreciate it if you could also put me through.
Aunty channel your resources to a better benture nah. do you know gow many people are engaged in hair things??
Look at something that is less competitive and where profit abound.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Start Dealing On Hair But Don't Know How Start....You Have An Idea??? by jumpandpas(m): 12:57pm On Jan 14, 2017
tyconcepts:

I believe you feel you are funny. SMH
Pls go and look for better business you will do. Selling of human hair is an abomination b4 God.
Re: I Want To Start Dealing On Hair But Don't Know How Start....You Have An Idea??? by queenfav(f): 1:07pm On Jan 14, 2017
Joavid:

you're such a nice person.

I have considered going into the business too but am not the outgoing type and I don't have much female friends -so I don't know how to go about advertising.

Also, I considered buying directly from aliexpress as I have researched some reputable sellers on there.

I will like your advice.

wink smiley
thanks sis.. The business is cutthroat o.. U must be outgoing and vibrant to market it well...The fact that there are lots of persons selling hair shouldn't deter you.Once u play your part well, you will succeed.Finally, Pray about it, God will order your steps. Aliexpress has reputable sellers, but d good ones are expensive.If you are ready, u can contact me.. I do wholesale and nairalanders who have bought my hairs can attest to d fact that my hairs are final!
Re: I Want To Start Dealing On Hair But Don't Know How Start....You Have An Idea??? by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jan 14, 2017
queenfav:
thanks sis.. The business is cutthroat o.. U must be outgoing and vibrant to market it well...The fact that there are lots of persons selling hair shouldn't deter you.Once u play your part well, you will succeed.Finally, Pray about it, God will order your steps. Aliexpress has reputable sellers, but d good ones are expensive.If you are ready, u can contact me.. I do wholesale and nairalanders who have bought my hairs can attest to d fact that my hairs are final!

Thank you.

I will contact you soon.
Re: I Want To Start Dealing On Hair But Don't Know How Start....You Have An Idea??? by ButterFrost212(f): 1:51pm On Jan 14, 2017
Justdulla:

Aunty channel your resources to a better benture nah. do you know gow many people are engaged in hair things??
Look at something that is less competitive and where profit abound.
I'm sure what you want to say is that selling hair extension is haram. Once you have you market you can make untold profit, trust me. The first step is getting good hair at a cheap rate. Why do you think everyone is going into it, it's because it's a thriving business. But thanks for your input, I'll think of other businesses.
Re: I Want To Start Dealing On Hair But Don't Know How Start....You Have An Idea??? by Nobody: 8:55am On Jan 15, 2017
queenfav:

I'm also based in Warri...I'd love to buy human hair, very beautiful one..How can I see your pictures??
Re: I Want To Start Dealing On Hair But Don't Know How Start....You Have An Idea??? by pharmmylovey: 5:11pm On Jan 15, 2017
Hi, I sell Xpression Hair Products- Braids, Crochet and Weave-ons. I will be delighted to supply you at your place. Call 08039500735 for further discussion. Thanks.
Re: I Want To Start Dealing On Hair But Don't Know How Start....You Have An Idea??? by queenfav(f): 5:28pm On Jan 15, 2017
Jadeite:

I'm also based in Warri...I'd love to buy human hair, very beautiful one..How can I see your pictures??
wow, I hail sis. I am based in ibadan now, but i deliver nationwide. Pls chat me up on WhatsApp 09050968121 let me show you my new stock of high grade and rare hairs.
Re: I Want To Start Dealing On Hair But Don't Know How Start....You Have An Idea??? by tyconcepts(f): 10:46am On Jan 16, 2017
queenfav:
Just saw this post.. I once bought powerbank from you in warri in 2012..You probably won't remember...lol .Anyways,i sell only human hair and its very good biz if you master it well. . I didn't have to learn from anyone because i started buying human hair for my own use in 2011,then started selling on campus in 2012 To succeed you need to know how to identify hair very well ie how to source for good durable hairs at moderate prices. Getting an honest supplier is also an issue, many lie about the quality of hair, that's where your knowledge of human hair quality comes in again.[b]Its a deep business cos once a customer buys a bad hair from you, they would never patronize you again and even go further to call you out on social media.[/b]Whereas it may not be your fault, but that of a greedy supplier who sold a lower grade to you for the price of a high grade hair.If you are ready, can teach you the little I know that's been working for me.Feel free to contact me so we can talk better offline.

Can't really remember our transaction per se..... You know how it can get. I'd like to contact you ASAP.... Gimme your contact or contact me via whatsapp. I honestly want to guide against the bolded.
Re: I Want To Start Dealing On Hair But Don't Know How Start....You Have An Idea??? by Aspermi(f): 5:40pm On Jan 17, 2017
queenfav:

This is the thread, I have been looking for. @Queenfav, is it okay, if I send you an email or a whatsapp message. I would appreciate your advice in this business and how to go about it to avoid fake hair.
Re: I Want To Start Dealing On Hair But Don't Know How Start....You Have An Idea??? by queenfav(f): 7:41am On Jan 18, 2017
Aspermi:

This is the thread, I have been looking for. @Queenfav, is it okay, if I send you an email or a whatsapp message. I would appreciate your advice in this business and how to go about it to avoid fake hair.
sure, you can chat me up on WhatsApp.
Re: I Want To Start Dealing On Hair But Don't Know How Start....You Have An Idea??? by Greenarrow01(m): 6:02pm On Jan 18, 2017
queensfav can u pls drop Ur whatsapp number

also pls can one go into buying from aliexpress or from wholesalers in Nigeria cos the profit with aliexpress should be better if one knows a sure supplier
Re: I Want To Start Dealing On Hair But Don't Know How Start....You Have An Idea??? by Greenarrow01(m): 6:19pm On Jan 18, 2017
not just that
I have been told by Bae.
she is interested that there are also second hand human hair. how true is this and is it sellable
Re: I Want To Start Dealing On Hair But Don't Know How Start....You Have An Idea??? by queenfav(f): 8:22pm On Jan 18, 2017
Greenarrow01:
queensfav can u pls drop Ur whatsapp number

also pls can one go into buying from aliexpress or from wholesalers in Nigeria cos the profit with aliexpress should be better if one knows a sure supplier
09050968121..Right now, the profit margin is better with suppliers who have distributors in Nigeria.Aliexpress is a no go area till exchange rate improves .Nobody sells used or second hand hair, never heard of that!
Re: I Want To Start Dealing On Hair But Don't Know How Start....You Have An Idea??? by queenfav(f): 11:03pm On Jan 18, 2017
https://www.instagram.com/p/BPaHCIShKoe/ That's just one of my rare hairs..High grade Bouncy Cashmere cuban curls. Its one of my exotic hairs to launch your hair biz with.. I call it ride or die, no shedding or tangling.Go see the video on my ig page,it speaks for itself!Whoever is ready to start hair business, my wholesale package has at least 10 hairs for 200k (you get to pick the ones you want, alongside some of my recommended bestsellers which have been tested by me), with paddle brushes and original loreal vive pro serums( which is a water based silicon serum), to keep the hair well moisturized and lustrous.Be your own boss today, you don't need a shop.. You can pick some in a nice bag and storm banks, companies,offices during their break time to sell to them.Recession is real o, hair business is lucrative if you are serious about it.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Start Dealing On Hair But Don't Know How Start....You Have An Idea??? by Nobody: 12:45pm On Mar 19, 2017
tyconcepts:
Part of my plans this year is to own a shop and after trouble shooting my head on what to deal on, I have finally decided deal on hair and hair products (synethic & human hair) but I don't know how to start (No be everything person dey know well) but I'm certain if I post it here on NL my fellow NLanders will have ideas that can help me start up real quick wink

=====> The location of the said shop will either be in a busy neighbourhood or in a start up market..... But as the spirit directs.

=====> The idea is to sell both wholesale and retail.....Bridging the gap between the retailers and the market people by selling market price.

=====> The start up budget is #500,000 (This is apart from the shop rent and any other expenses that would make the shop look good for business).

=====> I'm Warri based and I don't mind travelling out of my location to get goods at a reasonable price other to make go profit

Please if you have idea on this business.....Help me share them.

God bless you as you do.

Hi

I don't know how far you've gone with this.

Depending on your schedule, you can START by targeting busy workers in offices. Meet them right there in their office; let your car serve as the shop for now. That way, you can test out the market before sinking too much money into a permanent shop.

Let us know how it goes

Cheers
Re: I Want To Start Dealing On Hair But Don't Know How Start....You Have An Idea??? by queenfav(f): 6:20am On Mar 21, 2017
alignacademy:

Hi

Depending on your schedule, you can START by targeting busy workers in offices. Meet them right there in their office; let your car serve as the shop for now. That way, you can test out the market before sinking too much money into a permanent shop.

Let us know how it goes

Cheers
Most workers would want to buy on credit.. I have been there, so annoying!
Re: I Want To Start Dealing On Hair But Don't Know How Start....You Have An Idea??? by queenfav(f): 6:22am On Mar 21, 2017
alignacademy:

Hi

Let us know how it goes

Cheers
Most workers would want to buy on credit.. I have been there,it's so annoying!
Re: I Want To Start Dealing On Hair But Don't Know How Start....You Have An Idea??? by Nobody: 6:29am On Mar 21, 2017
queenfav:
Most workers would want to buy on credit.. I have been there,it's so annoying!

Valid point.

I'm happy you say "most" workers, not ALL.

Asking for credit is one thing; giving credit is something else altogether.

You're the one to decide whether you want to sell on "payable-whenable" basis or to stick to cash and carry.

In any case, this learning experience will improve your understanding of how business works in the real world.

Thanks for adding to the conversation.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Start Dealing On Hair But Don't Know How Start....You Have An Idea??? by avicky(f): 12:13pm On Jul 01, 2017
tyconcepts:

Can't really remember our transaction per se..... You know how it can get. I'd like to contact you ASAP.... Gimme your contact or contact me via whatsapp. I honestly want to guide against the bolded.
Iyalaje1 of NL. Long time. When you start the biz, make we know.
Re: I Want To Start Dealing On Hair But Don't Know How Start....You Have An Idea??? by Nmeri17: 5:11pm On Dec 01, 2017
jumpandpas:

Pls go and look for better business you will do. Selling of human hair is an abomination b4 God.
grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: I Want To Start Dealing On Hair But Don't Know How Start....You Have An Idea??? by rate1988: 6:28pm On Aug 19, 2018
Hi. You can check out my page on IG
teegurls_ hairs
DM me and I will give u wholesale prices which u can start your own hair too

(1) (2) (Reply)

#ankara Blouse Styles For Stylish Ladies 2019 | Fashion Collection / Are You Into Chinese Dresses? / Fashion Should Be A Form Of Escapism And Not A Form Of Improsment.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.