Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,468 members, 7,781,362 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:09 PM

Buying Of Phones ( Iphones ) On Jiji - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Buying Of Phones ( Iphones ) On Jiji (3363 Views)

Iphones On Icloud / Help!!! I Just Got Scammed On Jiji. What Can I Do To Recover My Money / I Think I Have Been Scammed On Jiji. What Do I Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buying Of Phones ( Iphones ) On Jiji by kubumilano(m): 5:53pm On Jan 13, 2017
Dear friends,

I want to get an iphone 6 plus so I wanted to do online purchase so I decided to try Jiji due to the much advert about them but I noticed something about most sellers have these things in common

1. Almost all phone seller have a shop at Seme boarder Badagry,Lagos

2. All sellers want you to commit something or pay half before they send the phone to you and you will then pay after inspection.

I advised we do pay on delivery as was the case with most online shops bt they refused. So is there anybody in the house that have bought from them before because this is looking suspicious,all our discussions are on whatsapp.
Re: Buying Of Phones ( Iphones ) On Jiji by jesse8048(m): 6:07pm On Jan 13, 2017
kubumilano:
Dear friends,

I want to get an iphone 6 plus so I wanted to do online purchase so I decided to try Jiji due to the much advert about them but I noticed something about most sellers have these things in common

2. All sellers want you to commit something or pay half before they send the phone to you and you will then pay after inspection.

I advised we do pay on delivery as was the case with most online shops bt they refused. So is there anybody in the house that have bought from them before because this is looking suspicious,all our discussions are on whatsapp.

It seems you have not been SCAMMED before. Don't ever send a kobo to anyone in jiji or olx. If the person refuse pay on delivery, bro run as fast as possible.

1 Like

Re: Buying Of Phones ( Iphones ) On Jiji by olasmith10(m): 6:13pm On Jan 13, 2017
kubumilano:
Dear friends,

Jiji is the den of thieves...

1 Like

Re: Buying Of Phones ( Iphones ) On Jiji by kubumilano(m): 6:41pm On Jan 13, 2017
Thanks brothers bt how about going to their office to purchase?
Re: Buying Of Phones ( Iphones ) On Jiji by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jan 13, 2017
You will just waste your time. They will give you wrong address. They are real scammers. Talking from experience. If they cannot do payment on delivery, just forget it. Don't pay even a kobo before you see what you are buying.

kubumilano:
Thanks brothers bt how about going to their office to purchase?

1 Like

Re: Buying Of Phones ( Iphones ) On Jiji by darocha1: 7:16pm On Jan 13, 2017
90% sellers with seme-boarder badagry location are scammers. They advertise goods at a mouth watery, jaw dropping Price.
Bros be sincere with your self, why do you want iphone7 of N20,000

3 Likes

Re: Buying Of Phones ( Iphones ) On Jiji by kubumilano(m): 7:56pm On Jan 13, 2017
darocha1:
90% sellers with seme-boarder badagry location are scammers. They advertise goods at a mouth watery, jaw dropping Price.
Bros be sincere with your self, why do you want iphone7 of N20,000
no I actually saw for 100k
Re: Buying Of Phones ( Iphones ) On Jiji by kubumilano(m): 7:57pm On Jan 13, 2017
ThankYouGod:
You will just waste your time. They will give you wrong address. They are real scammers. Talking from experience. If they cannot do payment on delivery, just forget it. Don't pay even a kobo before you see what you are buying.

Thanks I sincerely appreciate
Re: Buying Of Phones ( Iphones ) On Jiji by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jan 13, 2017
Beware of scammers. They full jiji.

1 Like

Re: Buying Of Phones ( Iphones ) On Jiji by jericco1(m): 9:05am On Jan 14, 2017
Jeje-ly jiji ur way out of their ads

1 Like

Re: Buying Of Phones ( Iphones ) On Jiji by Fikifak(m): 12:44pm On Jan 17, 2017
Catalin:
Beware of scammers. They full jiji.

You are wrong. Jiji - better protected from scammers site
Re: Buying Of Phones ( Iphones ) On Jiji by Ivobobul: 12:51pm On Jan 17, 2017
olasmith10:

Jiji is the den of thieves...

I do not think that there are a lot of scams. You just have to be attentive.
Re: Buying Of Phones ( Iphones ) On Jiji by somehowpenis(m): 9:38pm On Jan 17, 2017
Scams all scams, I myself was scammed about some years ago on olx, wanted getting an iPhone 6 then for a 162k, I trusted too much.. never again
Re: Buying Of Phones ( Iphones ) On Jiji by austinereds(m): 6:24am On Jan 18, 2017
Bros no buy oh. that's what most sellers do. I was so close to been scammed. Don't try it. instead try technology market on NL or go market yourself.
Re: Buying Of Phones ( Iphones ) On Jiji by Abudu2000(m): 6:39am On Jan 18, 2017
Jiji, even the name sounds like a scam inspired, Olx is even better, at least you still have genuine stuffs there but jiji na total scam!!!
Re: Buying Of Phones ( Iphones ) On Jiji by JajaAmbula: 1:35pm On Jan 19, 2017
Ivobobul:

I do not think that there are a lot of scams. You just have to be attentive.

In the Internet you should always be careful wink
Re: Buying Of Phones ( Iphones ) On Jiji by CarlJhonson: 1:43pm On Jan 19, 2017
Abudu2000:
Jiji, even the name sounds like a scam inspired, Olx is even better, at least you still have genuine stuffs there but jiji na total scam!!!

Top niggas always buy on the Jiji, there are no scams
Re: Buying Of Phones ( Iphones ) On Jiji by BiggSmoke: 1:50pm On Jan 19, 2017
CarlJhonson:

wow famously said
Re: Buying Of Phones ( Iphones ) On Jiji by Abudu2000(m): 2:59pm On Jan 19, 2017
CarlJhonson:

that means a lot,coming from a jiji worker or rather promoter, go spend time removing scams from your site not come Here defending proven claims
Re: Buying Of Phones ( Iphones ) On Jiji by Temituokpe: 3:31pm On Jan 19, 2017
kubumilano:
Dear friends,

Honestly!! none of these online markets are exempted as regards the subject matter.. Even computer village has scammers crawling its streets. It all boils down to being extremely cautious and careful, paying attention to details and knowing all there is to know about the product u are about to purchase. Also do not be too much in a hurry to be done with the transaction.
I learnt the hard-way last year as i got scammed twice on jiji and it was all my fault plus my undieing personality that loves to see the best in people.. ..

Sold my gionee m5 mini on olx hoping to purchase infinix note2. since i had an acct on jiji i just breezed thru the ads page and noticed same note2 going for 29k ..as a Nigerian wey like awoof, tot to give it a shot so i called and the guy and he explained i have to pay for logistics 5k and balance him the 24k wen he delivers the fone. I asked why the fone was that cheap, he said it was the leftover black friday stock and he's auctioning it at give away price. I really dont know weda i was jazzed or i just let myself be stupid for a second .. Na so i send 5k hoping this guy wud be at my office around 5pm - 6pm in the evening since he's coming from badagry. The guy didnt turn up ..1hr after sending the cash, his nos was not reachable anymore and by the time i called with my office fone and introduced myself he simply said "who is this??", i dont know what you're talking about!! and he hanged up and blocked the nos.
A week later i contacted another guy who sold a refurbished note2 @ 35k .. by the time i got home i noticed alot of shii with the fone ..called him back and my nos was already blocked.. 40k gone real quick.. Well .... ..... ... Thank God for everything tho.

So refering to my point earlier about being extremely cautious, i advise anyone i meet not to take chances especially when buying from online markets like jiji ..if ur mind tells you no, dont buy it .. u see something is off about the product, dont buy it. U cant compare the scam reports abt jiji to that of olx and to put it right, jiji is the home of scammers(my opinion).

All those idiats posting ads claiming to be from badagry and requesting for logistics fee, run from them. Their punishment is cooking. Called one of em after both incidents and the same format the Shaibu guy used on me is the same thing he said and when i asked how he can assure me of getting the required product after making the 5k payment, he simply kept quiet and after a while hanged up.

Please ..please and please .. i urge everyone to be careful..
Re: Buying Of Phones ( Iphones ) On Jiji by mikkycoins(m): 3:47pm On Jan 19, 2017
My guy,if you love your money,avoid jiji,old and co. Check stores closest to you.Better costlier and safer.

(1) (Reply)

How The 'kid Zone' Of The Tecno Droipad 7D Works. / Where Can I Repair My Blu Phone / Free Smart Phone For Glo 1year Data Plan: How True?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.