Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,241 members, 7,807,819 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:51 PM

Mixed Feelings As MMM Resumes Operations - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Mixed Feelings As MMM Resumes Operations (22118 Views)

Anxiety As MMM Again Removes GH Of Mavrodians / Before You Go Ahead To Provide Help As MMM Returns, Take Note! / Shock As MMM Participant Commits Suicide In Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mixed Feelings As MMM Resumes Operations by Truth234(m): 5:54am On Jan 14, 2017
The controversial Mavrodi Mondial Movement (MMM) sprang a surprise come back yesterday, 24 hours ahead of its scheduled resumption, after it suspended the operations last December.

The Ponzi scheme, which has enlisted over three million Nigerians in its books, however, dropped another frightening condition for the members, as it opted to start payment from those with little stake, described as “poor” ones.

This means that it is not yet over for the majority of it participants, who are big ticket, “Helpers,” as they address themselves, as the operator of the MMM said they would also be settled in batches.

Besides, they also noted that a daily limit has been set to forestall or control panic withdrawals.

Announcing the return, the operators, in a statement signed by the Founder, Sergey Mavrodi, read: “The holidays are over and we are now open, just as promised (You might have already noticed that we always stick to our promises).
“Actually, we promised to be open on January 14, but we are open now, January 13, as you can see, which is a day earlier. (Well, I hope, the members of the System will forgive us for that).

“It is related to the hysteria raised by the authorities and the mass media around MMM. By joining forces, they have managed to nearly give the members of the System a heart attack and have frightened them out of their wits…”

But it was a cocktail of mixed feelings by some members who spoke to The Guardian on the condition of anonymity at the Murtala Muhammed Airport in Lagos.

While some were visibly attending to customers in a hurry to get the space and log into their accounts to place “request,” others left their duty to get the “early bird” slot.

Unfortunately, those who succeeded in logging in were told that they could not be honoured at the moment, either because the payment time has not started or they are big ticket members.

One told The Guardian: “I want to get my money. I don’t think I would come back again. Maybe, I will try with N20, 000 whenever I decide to come again.

“Now that they have said they would pay gradually, it might be a sign that the money is not complete. There might be need for more people to join, so that more money will flow. But who would want to join?”

Another said: “I have about N800, 000 to claim. I will get to the end of it this night, as I will continually try to place my request until I succeed.”

Yet another one said: “My own is double portion, because I have not collected for once. I reinvested my own when it was due. I am still afraid now that they ant to start from small amounts.

A lady in her early 30s, who operates the scheme, along with her husband and does not want her name in print, said: “I can confirm that MMM is back in full blast. My expectation and confidence was that MMM will be opened and will be stronger than ever.

“MMM is now made in way that no one can post a fake teller; there is a way the system will detect a fake user or people who are on the platform to cheat others.

“I was hundred per cent positive that the scheme will be back, in fact I paid N350, 000 to people that requested help same day the account was frozen; there was not a day I doubted it and I never lost my sleep. It was normal for people to express anxiety over it but I called over a dozen people who registered under me almost every time to allay their fears.”

A man in his late 20s, who simply wanted to be identified by his first name, Chibueze, said, “I wasn’t scared when the news hit the media that MMM had been frozen; I read what was posted on my personal account telling me the date the scheme will resume, I was calm and asked people that registered under me to also let their mind be at rest.”

Meanwhile, patronisers of the Mavrodi Mondial Moneybox (MMM) have become panic as introduction of new rule, which will involve using bitcoins for transactions, has made Nigerians feared for their unpaid money before the platform closed in December 2016.

The platform was said to frozen the accounts of participants last year based on the numerous number of people who wanted to get help.

A Nigerian who claimed anonymity said, “MMM resumed online yesterday at 12 noon and I have requested for my money but ever since then I was not merged with people who will make payment to my account.

“This is not usual, because I have done so many transactions with the platform. But this got me weary, when I heard about the bitcoin strategy, I don’t know how it works and I hope it’s not a step that will deny me of getting my money back.”

Another investor who claimed anonymity also said, “I have just been exercising patience because I do not want to believe that it’s a scam, because when I heard and read it online that due to the fact that the platform is meant for the poor, therefore, only those who need little money will be attended to first before they attend to those who seek for bigger help. I think this is a fraudulent statement if it is true,” she said.

http://investorsking.com/mixed-feelings-as-mmm-resumes-operations/
Re: Mixed Feelings As MMM Resumes Operations by Nobody: 6:02am On Jan 14, 2017
MMM and FP...

Re: Mixed Feelings As MMM Resumes Operations by Atiku2019: 6:19am On Jan 14, 2017
grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Mixed Feelings As MMM Resumes Operations by AfonjasMustProsper(m): 7:13am On Jan 14, 2017
What drugs are you on ?? Stupidity pills ??

You called them a ponzi scheme and said that they have successfully scammed millions of Nigerians

They proved you to be a dumb ass by returning on the 13th of January instead of on the 14th

Do you expect them to start paying immediately ??

When was the last time you called Buhari a scam ?? when was the last time you were concerned about the scam Buhari played on millions of Nigerians by promising them heaven on earth and at the end of the day failed them ??

The last time i checked, MMM has provided millions of source of income to millions of Nigerians more than Buhari's government will ever accomplish or intend to accomplish

Continue crying like a rat on mensuration

You are a natural APC zombie

76 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mixed Feelings As MMM Resumes Operations by Jaytecq(m): 7:13am On Jan 14, 2017
i Rep Mmm

13 Likes

Re: Mixed Feelings As MMM Resumes Operations by Samirana360(m): 7:13am On Jan 14, 2017
after much controversy.......people sayin all sort of rubbish abt a scheme they dnt knw .....now they ar back........shame 2 mmm haters

meanwhile I dedicate dis '5th 2 comment' to nnamdi kanu.......d only courageous man in africa

28 Likes

Re: Mixed Feelings As MMM Resumes Operations by MrGreenMavro: 7:14am On Jan 14, 2017
so yesterday morning MMM unfreeze my mavro, wen I saw the rate at which it has grown I was marveled, I quickly GH, in the evening I took my guys to my favorite bar and started declaring drinks and food, when the bar attendant calculated the cost it was equivalent to my mavro value..... I told d bar attendant not to worry and gave him a cheque post dated Tuesday....

I woke up to check my po and discovered I have not been merged....

na to go beg the man mk he no present my cheque oh!

MMM biko

7 Likes

Re: Mixed Feelings As MMM Resumes Operations by ogawisdom(m): 7:14am On Jan 14, 2017
grin. We have not heard much abt ppl who has been matched n paid since yesterday. Honestly mmm is gone n d statement abt paying the poor first n setting daily limits in GH sums it up. People may have to wait till forever to have their GH matched even when matched who is d idiot dt will pay u nw angry angry angry knowing fully well he might nt get his money back? D more matching for GH is delayed d less confidence ppl will have in mmm BC it suggests scarcity of PH shocked shocked

Mavro is too clever n his resumption statement is filled with alot of uncertainties.

20 Likes

Re: Mixed Feelings As MMM Resumes Operations by AntiWailer: 7:14am On Jan 14, 2017
They are not back, they are only doing kindergarten psychology.

It is sad that people choose to be dumb because of their greed.

Can any of them tell me the difference between when it was supposedly frozen and when they claim it is back..

You still can not get your money back for now.

The money you 'invested' was spent by another person.

You are hoping that another person will pay into ur account soon.

Unfortunately, only unwise people will do dt.

There is no fund any where .
The earlier they understand the better.
You paid your money for somebody to spend.
Until another people fall MAGA , ur money is gone

MMM is gone for good. If not now, very soon.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mixed Feelings As MMM Resumes Operations by alienvirus: 7:14am On Jan 14, 2017
Mmm sha
Re: Mixed Feelings As MMM Resumes Operations by talented143(m): 7:14am On Jan 14, 2017
One thing I've learnt so far. Once any online platforms generates problem, its on its way to destruction already..
For example,just the way ultimate cycler had upgrading issues, Nigerians lost interest in it and forget about it.

16 Likes

Re: Mixed Feelings As MMM Resumes Operations by kolnel: 7:14am On Jan 14, 2017
Mmm
Re: Mixed Feelings As MMM Resumes Operations by ibkgab001: 7:14am On Jan 14, 2017
In audu ogbe's voice .....

M...........M............M money 4 my people
M.........,,M............M mental for my people
M...........'M.....,,,,...M madness 4 my people

2 Likes

Re: Mixed Feelings As MMM Resumes Operations by engrjosefz(m): 7:15am On Jan 14, 2017
This early morning again can't someone wake up and have rest of mind
Re: Mixed Feelings As MMM Resumes Operations by Onukube1(f): 7:15am On Jan 14, 2017
This is getting really much

1 Like

Re: Mixed Feelings As MMM Resumes Operations by nonstan(m): 7:16am On Jan 14, 2017
ok media no de hear English
Re: Mixed Feelings As MMM Resumes Operations by Generalkorex(m): 7:16am On Jan 14, 2017
AntiWailer:

Hatred for what ? grin

I probably gave out the peanut you 'invested' to people I never met last year.
abeg help me too o.even if na 1/4 of it.i wan take am transport
Re: Mixed Feelings As MMM Resumes Operations by omogidi234(m): 7:17am On Jan 14, 2017
unclezuma:
MMM and FP...

Well, I hope it won't crash cause people would withdraw fund poco a poco until the last fund.
Re: Mixed Feelings As MMM Resumes Operations by Kaxmytex(m): 7:17am On Jan 14, 2017
Eni to ba ma je oyin inu apata, koni wo enu ake....

2 Likes

Re: Mixed Feelings As MMM Resumes Operations by 2kurupt(m): 7:17am On Jan 14, 2017
Mixed feelings ke undecided

OP stop lying, all MMM participants are in a joyous mood grin grin grin

(In Oshiomile's voice) All haters can goan ... tongue

2 Likes

Re: Mixed Feelings As MMM Resumes Operations by NNVanguard(m): 7:17am On Jan 14, 2017
MMM is back but not better.

5 Likes

Re: Mixed Feelings As MMM Resumes Operations by KellyFORMAT(m): 7:17am On Jan 14, 2017
D**k
Re: Mixed Feelings As MMM Resumes Operations by Nobody: 7:18am On Jan 14, 2017
lol
Re: Mixed Feelings As MMM Resumes Operations by rozayx5(m): 7:19am On Jan 14, 2017
well, God help the investors

there are better ways to make money online without killing yourself, just that Nigerians use net for facebook and not biz

invest in a hedge fund, or traders fund and earn 5-10 percent weekly or learn one or two skills and sell them on freelance sites undecided

better than all these HYIPS

and not GH and PH without any physical biz

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mixed Feelings As MMM Resumes Operations by lindaz12: 7:19am On Jan 14, 2017
Maga most pay #MMM
Re: Mixed Feelings As MMM Resumes Operations by GodswillAJudins(m): 7:19am On Jan 14, 2017
grin
Re: Mixed Feelings As MMM Resumes Operations by Nobody: 7:20am On Jan 14, 2017

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mixed Feelings As MMM Resumes Operations by onyiloyi(m): 7:20am On Jan 14, 2017
Ooops!
Re: Mixed Feelings As MMM Resumes Operations by Elthugnificent(m): 7:20am On Jan 14, 2017
Cout << "double post" << endl;
Re: Mixed Feelings As MMM Resumes Operations by itsprofagain: 7:20am On Jan 14, 2017
I think the GH is more than the PH, it's would be due to the freezing fear laid in interested individuals that compelled them not to PH

1 Like

Re: Mixed Feelings As MMM Resumes Operations by MinorityTribe: 7:22am On Jan 14, 2017
AntiWailer:
They are not back, they are only doing kindergarten psychology.

It is sad that people choose to be dumb because of their greed.

Can any of them tell me the difference between when it was supposedly frozen a and the back thing.

The money you 'invested' was spent by another person.

You are hoping that another person will pay into ur account soon.

Unfortunately, only unwise people will do dt.

MMM is gone for good. If not now, very soon.
I hope you don't die of hatred. I mean how do you even feel jumping at every MMM tread mocking your fellow Nigerians? How do you feel? Does it gives you joy to know that your doom prediction comes true so you are going around like a kid poking everyone in the eyes saying i told you so. How do you even feel. And when MMM resumes operation fully how will you then feel. I don't know how some so call humans reason, I can never be like you. I have friends who have lost money in so called legitimate business but i don't see anyone poking them in the face and mocking them. Are you just a kid in an Adult body? Even seun who started all these baseless criticism and mocking have stopped, We understand Seun have a legitimate business fetching money for him. But you… What is even your status?

Anyway once MMM resumes fully i hope you will have the balls to contact me or any MMM participates so you can at least use their refferer links to register instead of secretly registering after all the criticism and insults. Please be a man.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mixed Feelings As MMM Resumes Operations by ichidodo: 7:22am On Jan 14, 2017
This has to be one of the most revolutionary PONZI scheme in decades ....why?...because it gat no central node...tis jes people in a pyramid 'helping " people above in the same pyramid. In fact this sh**t is soo badass that you really can't put a finger as to where the hell your money is gone -reason why most unfortunately gullible souls still believe the apparent legitimacy of MMM- but all you know is that you gonna get paid soon. But there-in lies the risk, at some point everyone will want to get out thus the system will collapse therefore the earlier you get the hell out the best for you...We made cash out of these kind of schemes as far back as 2008 because we got in early and got the f**k out early enough (why do the schemes like these here pop out every time there has been a recession? question for another day) Looking at this trend we can ultimately forecast that another dastardly yet well cloaked scheme will come out in 2025...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Financial Mistakes That Keeps Making You Go Broke / How Can I Invest N9,000?? / The Poison That Is MMM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.