Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,677 members, 7,801,953 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:50 AM

Advice Pls - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Advice Pls (2096 Views)

I Need Advice Pls / Advice Pls / Removed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Pls by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jan 14, 2017
....,ok
Re: Advice Pls by Acidosis(m): 11:11pm On Jan 14, 2017
are you dating your uncle? what's the age gap?

3 Likes

Re: Advice Pls by Nobody: 11:36pm On Jan 14, 2017
Once you are desperate to get married,you'll fall into anything.
My take; marry your friend and not an instructor

2 Likes

Re: Advice Pls by 2SWT(f): 11:50pm On Jan 14, 2017
This one is strong

I think it's best you tell him your mind

1 Like

Re: Advice Pls by Nobody: 11:52pm On Jan 14, 2017
Acidosis:
are you dating your uncle? what's the age gap?

hihihihihi good question cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Advice Pls by Nobody: 11:58pm On Jan 14, 2017
Preetiex:
my boyfriend says he loves me he has dis african mentality dat a man is always d head & should be obeyed even telling me i mustnt disobey him, i dont like it wen sum1 try 2 control me but i dont respond sumtimes i dont like 2 argue cos i might say sumtin dat will hurt him. Now i met his family during d new year they are really lovely people & they want 2 meet my family dis year.I want 2 get married but how do i make him see dat couples are partners? If i call it quit wat if d next guy is worst than him, pls help a sis.

Proceed with caution and at your own risk.

1 Like

Re: Advice Pls by ststyreal(f): 12:23am On Jan 15, 2017
My sister, think deeply before saying I do! Marry a friend and not a boss. Marriage is not an easy venture, you need a friend that will give you the freedom to be you and not a controller. Marry your friend and you will enjoy the goodies that comes with marriage but when you marry a boss, I am sorry, the reverse is the case. I wish you all the best as you make your final decision but remember ooooo, it is better to be single and happy than marrying a dictator. All the best my friend

1 Like

Re: Advice Pls by TheeDetective: 12:49am On Jan 15, 2017
What you no fit take for courtship, sort am out before you marry o as the issue becomes double when you marry. Family no go follow you enter marriage o so tell him your concerns NOW before you say I do as what he does that you don't like can get worse after marriage.

2 Likes

Re: Advice Pls by Nobody: 7:43am On Jan 15, 2017
Tell him you won't marry him till he sees/treat you like a partner and not a subordinate.

1 Like

Re: Advice Pls by EfemenaXY: 7:50am On Jan 15, 2017
Don't start what you can't finish.

If you pretend to be cool with his views while dating, then be prepared to equally put up with them for the rest of your married life - assuming you decided to tow that path.

Preetiex:
my boyfriend says he loves me he has dis african mentality dat a man is always d head & should be obeyed even telling me i mustnt disobey him, i dont like it wen sum1 try 2 control me but i dont respond sumtimes i dont like 2 argue cos i might say sumtin dat will hurt him. Now i met his family during d new year they are really lovely people & they want 2 meet my family dis year.I want 2 get married but how do i make him see dat couples are partners? If i call it quit wat if d next guy is worst than him, pls help a sis.
Re: Advice Pls by Nobody: 9:04am On Jan 15, 2017
Catalin:
Tell him you won't marry him till he sees/treat you like a partner and not a subordinate.
Thanks so much, i love d guy but i am confused, he says it like he is joking & what if d next guy is much worst than him dat y i dont want 2 quit
Re: Advice Pls by Nobody: 9:08am On Jan 15, 2017
Preetiex:
Thanks so much, i love d guy but i am confused, he says it like he is joking & what if d next guy is much worst than him dat y i dont want 2 quit
There will always be fear of not finding a better guy but I assure you that better guys are out there. I use to tell myself that if I break up with him, I won't find a better guy but I still found my dream man. Just exercise patience, don't make the mistake and rush into marriage.

2 Likes

Re: Advice Pls by Nobody: 9:13am On Jan 15, 2017
Catalin:
There will always be fear of not finding a better guy but I assure you that better guys are out there. I use to tell myself that if I break up with him, I won't find a better guy but I still found my dream man. Just exercise patience, don't make the mistake and into marriage.

Gbam
Re: Advice Pls by Nobody: 11:21am On Jan 15, 2017
Catalin:
There will always be fear of not finding a better guy but I assure you that better guys are out there. I use to tell myself that if I break up with him, I won't find a better guy but I still found my dream man. Just exercise patience, don't make the mistake and into marriage.
Thank u
Re: Advice Pls by raydatluvs(m): 1:34pm On Jan 15, 2017
Life is a risk, there is also the possibility that the next guy would be way sweeter, just keep your mind open to that...
The issue is deciding if this risk would be worth it in the long haul and this, we cannot do for you. Then again, you should know that you don't suddenly feel you can get upset about things you allowed while dating like this one you wrote about.

So it's important you ask yourself these things now!
Re: Advice Pls by thorpido(m): 5:41pm On Jan 15, 2017
Preetiex:
Why do you want to live with what you don't like@bolded?
He seems to be serious about that aspect of him and it's left for you to accept and live with it or find someone who will respect your views in marriage.Don't think there isn't someone better.

Like someone asked,hope u're not dating your uncle.

1 Like

Re: Advice Pls by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jan 15, 2017
thorpido:
Why do you want to live with what you don't like@bolded?
He seems to be serious about that aspect of him and it's left for you to accept and live with it or find someone who will respect your views in marriage.Don't think there isn't someone better.

Like someone asked,hope u're not dating your uncle.
wat with dis uncle stuff,do u xpect me 2 date sum1 younger than me?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advice Pls by Splendblex(f): 7:32pm On Jan 15, 2017
There are better and sweet guys...no enter wetin go make you cry. All the best preetiex
Re: Advice Pls by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jan 15, 2017
Splendblex:
There are better and sweet guys...no enter wetin go make you cry.
All the best preetiex
Thanks
Re: Advice Pls by thorpido(m): 8:22pm On Jan 15, 2017
Preetiex:
wat with dis uncle stuff,do u xpect me 2 date sum1 younger than me?
He sounds like he is much older than you.
Re: Advice Pls by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jan 15, 2017
thorpido:
He sounds like he is much older than you.
yes he is much older
Re: Advice Pls by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jan 15, 2017
Nothing wrong if he's much older as long as you both love each other.

If he loves you and he's someone you can confide in I'd rather you discuss your fears with him.

Make sure you are very satisfied with everything about his behaviour towards you and his character cum personality before you tie the knot with him.

Don't rush into marriage until your 100% sure that's what you want to do, and that's whom you wanna do it with.
Re: Advice Pls by thorpido(m): 10:17pm On Jan 15, 2017
Preetiex:
yes he is much older
We're not wrong afterall.
He's shown you who he really is,especially that aspect of the man taking control and being the decision maker in the home.It's left to you to begin to learn to cope with it(I'm assuming you will marry him).
Re: Advice Pls by Bullet99(m): 5:01pm On Jun 13, 2018
There are better and sweet guys...no enter wetin go make you cry. All the best preetiex.Na im make u no 1 aççept me abi??
Re: Advice Pls by Nobody: 9:20am On Jun 16, 2018
Bullet99:
There are better and sweet guys...no enter wetin go make you cry.
All the best preetiex.Na im make u no 1 aççept me abi??
nawa for u o
Re: Advice Pls by Prognose: 10:13am On Jul 04, 2018
Preetiex:
yes he is much older

So did you marry him?

1 Like

Re: Advice Pls by royalguy123(m): 11:51am On Jul 04, 2018
Let me advice you as my sister,that man you're talking about is a wolf in sheep clothing,it will not take long before he start beating you!!.
The gap between the two of you,though age is a number but consider this, can you be comfortable staying by him in 10years time and still be faithful to him!,Finally my sister I don't know how desperate you needed a husband but believe me there are more decent men out there who will cherish you more than what you think this man is,Stay Bless.
Re: Advice Pls by Nobody: 6:07am On Jul 06, 2018
Prognose:

So did you marry him?
nope

(1) (Reply)

Women / Mention Your Bad Qualities, So Nairalanders Can Discuss Them / 5 Pictures That Perfectly Describe Saturdays In A Nigerian Household

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.