Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,125 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:17 AM

Chief Of Staff To Pres. Buhari summons and berates Arik MD(PIC) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Chief Of Staff To Pres. Buhari summons and berates Arik MD(PIC) (1462 Views)

Govt Prepares Staff To Take Over Abuja Lightrail From Chinese / 2 Buses Collide In Imo, One Somersaults, Imo Chief Of Staff Rescues Victims / The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chief Of Staff To Pres. Buhari summons and berates Arik MD(PIC) by Symphony007: 11:48pm On Jan 14, 2017
After passing through lagos airport and hearing of the multiple delays and lousy treatment arik passengers have been subjected to, chief of staff to the president, Abba kyari summoned the MD of Arik air and gave him a dress down for his companie's unproffesional conduct.

Re: Chief Of Staff To Pres. Buhari summons and berates Arik MD(PIC) by SexyNairalander: 11:59pm On Jan 14, 2017
booked

Re: Chief Of Staff To Pres. Buhari summons and berates Arik MD(PIC) by Ten12(m): 12:04am On Jan 15, 2017
Everybody wan show authority....abi chief of staff now don turn regulatory agent?

1 Like

Re: Chief Of Staff To Pres. Buhari summons and berates Arik MD(PIC) by sirpatrick(m): 12:09am On Jan 15, 2017
This airk air misbehavior is getting out of hand o or is it because they are the largest indigenous carrier they are misbehaving to the extent of causing the country national embarrassment, they should be fined and warned to behave professionally or seize their license
Re: Chief Of Staff To Pres. Buhari summons and berates Arik MD(PIC) by idupaul: 12:15am On Jan 15, 2017
Is it not clear that this chief of staff is in charge of the country now ? If not how would chief of staff summon a serving minister and the head of an organization who in no way report to him
Re: Chief Of Staff To Pres. Buhari summons and berates Arik MD(PIC) by idupaul: 12:16am On Jan 15, 2017
sirpatrick:
This airk air misbehavior is getting out of hand o or is it because they are the largest indigenous carrier they are misbehaving to the extent of causing the country national embarrassment, they should be fined and warned to behave professionally or seize their license

And you failed to notice that's it's not the chief of staff duty to summon any one jare
Re: Chief Of Staff To Pres. Buhari summons and berates Arik MD(PIC) by aminho(m): 12:19am On Jan 15, 2017
idupaul:
Is it not clear that this chief of staff is in charge of the country now ? If not how would chief of staff summon a serving minister and the head of an organization who in no way report to him
actually sir they do report to him anyone the president appoints is still under him as the chief of staff in the United States unofficially he is regarded as the second most powerful man in the country
Ten12:
Everybody wan show authority....abi chief of staff now don turn regulatory agent?
Re: Chief Of Staff To Pres. Buhari summons and berates Arik MD(PIC) by DozieInc(m): 12:34am On Jan 15, 2017
aminho:
actually sir they do report to him anyone the president appoints is still under him as the chief of staff in the United States unofficially he is regarded as the second most powerful man in the country
Re: Chief Of Staff To Pres. Buhari summons and berates Arik MD(PIC) by Thisis2raw(m): 12:43am On Jan 15, 2017
I don't even really understand Arik own again.

This airline use to stand out
Re: Chief Of Staff To Pres. Buhari summons and berates Arik MD(PIC) by mykeljosef: 1:07am On Jan 15, 2017
arik sef get too much wahala but wetyn concern c.o.s to summorn md
Re: Chief Of Staff To Pres. Buhari summons and berates Arik MD(PIC) by Nobody: 1:12am On Jan 15, 2017
I don't understand why people still fly Arik or whatever they are called. I would not even fly them locally after the first experience I had with them. I began to wonder why some folks fly them internationally when there are tons of other airlines. I guess you get what you pay for in the name of cheaper fares. Crap!
Re: Chief Of Staff To Pres. Buhari summons and berates Arik MD(PIC) by tit(f): 2:06am On Jan 15, 2017
is this not the abba kyari that stole awa 200 billion naira to cut grass?
Re: Chief Of Staff To Pres. Buhari summons and berates Arik MD(PIC) by ImperialYoruba: 5:22am On Jan 15, 2017
aminho:

Please go and take a seat in one corner, you lack literacy of the chain of command and heirarchy in a presidency.

Anyone that did not take oath of office is an appendix and is not included in chain of command of a presidency. Chief of Staff is an aide, not a cabinet minister. He does not manage any budget on national scale and therefore has no power. His area of responsibility is confined to managing other staffs binded by protocols for efficient operations of the presidency.

Presidency in this case referring to the government unit immediately attached to the seal of office.

In short, if this were a corporation this chief of staff would be the executive secretary attached to the CEO.

Take a screen shot of this lesson and save yourself from repeating this error in future.
Re: Chief Of Staff To Pres. Buhari summons and berates Arik MD(PIC) by onatisi(m): 5:27am On Jan 15, 2017
ImperialYoruba:

Please go and take a seat in one corner, you lack literacy of the chain of command and heirarchy in a presidency.

Anyone that did not take oath of office is an appendix and is not included in chain of command of a presidency. Chief of Staff is an aide, not a cabinet minister. He does not manage any budget on national scale and therefore has no power. His area of responsibility is confined to managing other staffs binded by protocols for efficient operations of the presidency.

Presidency in this case referring to the government unit immediately attached to the seal of office.

In short, if this were a corporation this chief of staff would be the executive secretary attached to the CEO.

Take a screen shot of this lesson and save yourself from repeating this error in future.
But don't Nigeria have a minister for aviation anymore?why cant the chief of staff just notify the minister in charge of aviation matters about this issue ? This government is just fill of confused ppl
Re: Chief Of Staff To Pres. Buhari summons and berates Arik MD(PIC) by ImperialYoruba: 5:38am On Jan 15, 2017
onatisi:

But don't Nigeria have a minister for aviation anymore?why cant the chief of staff just notify the minister in charge of aviation matters about this issue ? This government is just fill of confused ppl

I dont dispute that. My response was directed at the misplaced belief that CoS has power outside Aso Rock.
Re: Chief Of Staff To Pres. Buhari summons and berates Arik MD(PIC) by uboma(m): 5:41am On Jan 15, 2017
Symphony007:
After passing through lagos airport and hearing of the multiple delays and lousy treatment arik passengers have been subjected to, chief of staff to the president, Abba kyari summoned the MD of Arik air and gave him a dress down for his companie's unproffesional conduct.

The FG should have given Arik Air a public dress down....
Re: Chief Of Staff To Pres. Buhari summons and berates Arik MD(PIC) by onatisi(m): 5:45am On Jan 15, 2017
ImperialYoruba:

I dont dispute that. My response was directed at the misplaced belief that CoS has power outside Aso Rock.
I quite understand you.I think you are right,
Re: Chief Of Staff To Pres. Buhari summons and berates Arik MD(PIC) by azimibraun: 5:59am On Jan 15, 2017
Half the story will never be told... Rumour thrives in Nigeria more than any other commodity. people just respond positively to. Every negative that hits the internet. I read this like any of one of you n these are my reaction.

1. A dress down? Picture showing dress down and not a video?

2. Chief of staff...Summon who? Again these two came to my mind. Delegated legislation/Transfer of authority and Timing. Could it be that the COS is acting on the express orders of the President; because of the urgency of the matter at hand? I like to think things through before coming up with a position. We all can do same.

1 Like

Re: Chief Of Staff To Pres. Buhari summons and berates Arik MD(PIC) by ImperialYoruba: 6:05am On Jan 15, 2017
azimibraun:
Half the story will never be told... Rumour thrives in Nigeria more than any other commodity. people just respond positively to. Every negative that hits the internet. I read this like any of one of you n these are my reaction.

1. A dress down? Picture showing dress down and not a video?

2. Chief of staff...Summon who? Again these two came to my mind. Delegated legislation/Transfer of authority and Timing. Could it be that the COS is acting on the express orders of the President; because of the urgency of the matter at hand? I like to think things through before coming up with a position. We all can do same.

Dont think too much of it otherwise it will turn to conspiracy theory.

The President would have acted outside of statutory demands if he couldn't trust his Minister of Transportatiin, Minister of Aviatiin, Minister of State for Aviation...in that order, and delegated power to a Chief of Staff to address national issue.
Re: Chief Of Staff To Pres. Buhari summons and berates Arik MD(PIC) by akraym(m): 6:22am On Jan 15, 2017
Me am finding this hard to believe
Re: Chief Of Staff To Pres. Buhari summons and berates Arik MD(PIC) by Ekpekus(m): 7:03am On Jan 15, 2017
Where is the video?

(1) (Reply)

My Experience At The Abuja International Airport Today / Is There Any Safest Place On Earth / Tourist Attraction In Ghana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.