Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,482 members, 7,808,752 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:24 PM

Tell Me What Makes You Support A United Nigeria..except That It The Popular Take - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tell Me What Makes You Support A United Nigeria..except That It The Popular Take (16610 Views)

"There Is A United Voice Against Okorocha" – Oyegun / Niger Delta, Igbo And Hausa All Want To Leave Nigeria Except Yorubas, Why? / Obasanjo Sold Everything In Nigeria Except Aso Villa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tell Me What Makes You Support A United Nigeria..except That It The Popular Take by WeNigerDelta: 8:06pm On Jan 15, 2017
Rossikki:
There will be a lot to lose my friend. Your thieving elite will only become more brutal in clamping down on you, and they'll do so with far less international scrutuny, and greater collusion and control by multinationals.

So that's the best you can come up with? I'm still waiting for that reason why Nigeria is a better option...
Bro nothing to loose, more brutal.. Please, who will make up the armed forces and police? Our people, not a military that Hausa/Fulani is their first language... That alone means using military to oppress ones one people will not be as rampant as it is in Nigeria... Do you think soldiers of Delta extraction wouldve wiped out Odi, when you might be related to them...Give me facts, figures, not some crap you imagine..
And if what you're saying is true, I'll take it everyday over one Nigeria... As long as say Na my people dey thief and enjoy the money, not someone joined to me by Lugard..

10 Likes

Re: Tell Me What Makes You Support A United Nigeria..except That It The Popular Take by ScotsReferendum: 8:11pm On Jan 15, 2017
darknetcom:

because we love you too much... grin..thats why.. grin..

if we have to beat you up to show how much we love una...

then......

SO BE IT!!!... grin

kpele...una are too cute and funny...

Hilarious

So funny

You guys just love oil money and not the Igbo people

8 Likes

Re: Tell Me What Makes You Support A United Nigeria..except That It The Popular Take by darknetcom: 8:14pm On Jan 15, 2017
ScotsReferendum:

There are Igbos and Yorubas in SS.

Which tribe do you belong to in SS

Let's start from there.

urhobo...
Re: Tell Me What Makes You Support A United Nigeria..except That It The Popular Take by Stingman: 8:15pm On Jan 15, 2017
Rossikki:
Stop this delusion. The smallness of your country will make it easier to control and subjugate, with just a small army. You need to look around and see what happens in similar small African states.

Why bother about a small country? You should focus on what will be left of you...when the region leaves...Besides, you will still have huge population of more than 100 million... I am still waiting for your response on the other post...

5 Likes

Re: Tell Me What Makes You Support A United Nigeria..except That It The Popular Take by Chiefobdk1: 8:15pm On Jan 15, 2017
Rossikki:
Dude. Only a few decades ago, blacks were being lynched on the streets of America in broad daylight, and the perpetrators allowed to roam freely. The country did not break up...Later they produced their first black president.. Go figure. Societies evolve. In Nigeria here, military dictatorship was the NORM, a few decades ago. Free elections were a pipe dream. Today it is very different. Societies evolve. Biafrans need to understand this. Running away is defeatist. Stay and build this African superpower in the making. You have direct, legal access to a 200 million strong market, enough to create thousands of Igbo millionaires and billionaires in the long run. You want to run away from that because of a few illiterate Fulani herdsmen. It's actually quite comical. If you are as smart as you say you are, they should be the ones running away from you..

I pity the Zombie afonja tissue u call brain. . Pls use it for once na bikonu

5 Likes

Re: Tell Me What Makes You Support A United Nigeria..except That It The Popular Take by darknetcom: 8:16pm On Jan 15, 2017
WeNigerDelta:

So that's the best you can come up with? I'm still waiting for that reason why Nigeria is a better option...
Bro nothing to loose, more brutal.. Please, who will make up the armed forces and police? Our people, not a military that Hausa/Fulani is their first language... That alone means using military to oppress ones one people will not be as rampant as it is in Nigeria... Do you think soldiers of Delta extraction wouldve wiped out Odi, when you might be related to them...Give me facts, figures, not some crap you imagine..
And if what you're saying is true, I'll take it everyday over one Nigeria... As long as say Na my people dey thief and enjoy the money, not someone joined to me by Lugard..

that cocck svcker luggard must be giving you guys nightmares...

the motherf is dead....face front...
Re: Tell Me What Makes You Support A United Nigeria..except That It The Popular Take by ScotsReferendum: 8:18pm On Jan 15, 2017
Rossikki:
Dude. Only a few decades ago, blacks were being lynched on the streets of America in broad daylight, and the perpetrators allowed to roam freely. The country did not break up...Later they produced their first black president.. Go figure. Societies evolve. In Nigeria here, military dictatorship was the NORM, a few decades ago. Free elections were a pipe dream. Today it is very different. Societies evolve. Biafrans need to understand this. Running away is defeatist. Stay and build this African superpower in the making. You have direct, legal access to a 200 million strong market, enough to create thousands of Igbo millionaires and billionaires in the long run. You want to run away from that because of a few illiterate Fulani herdsmen. It's actually quite comical. If you are as smart as you say you are, they should be the ones running away from you..

In those days, some whites condemned the maltreatment of blacks and even fought a war to liberate blacks in USA

How many Hausa Fulani people have condemned Fulani herdsmen terrorism

6 Likes

Re: Tell Me What Makes You Support A United Nigeria..except That It The Popular Take by WeNigerDelta: 8:19pm On Jan 15, 2017
darknetcom:

that cocck svcker luggard must be giving you guys nightmares...

the motherf is dead....face front...

E be like say ur sense dey pain u... Wetin Urhobo's and Deltans don gain as Nigerians...

You claim to be all about black pride, but you try to so much to talk like a white man... You have serious identity crisis..

Our graduates the carry file trek up and down Warri and Sapele... U dey here dey kiss other people backside, sucking their coc'ks to the detriment of your people..... You probably don enter bus run go Lagos dey form hustle na make u dey talk all this nonsense...What has Nigeria done for us that will should be loyal to her..

9 Likes

Re: Tell Me What Makes You Support A United Nigeria..except That It The Popular Take by darknetcom: 8:22pm On Jan 15, 2017
WeNigerDelta:

E be like say ur sense dey pain u... Wetin Urhobo's and Deltans don gain as Nigerians...

You claim to be all about black pride, but you try to so much to talk like a white man... You have serious identity crisis..

dont even dare try to convince me to like that mullato kanu...

dont let me summon thunda to decend on you... angry..
Re: Tell Me What Makes You Support A United Nigeria..except That It The Popular Take by victorvezx(m): 8:22pm On Jan 15, 2017
Fremancipation:

If I start posting picture of the horrors in South West now you will call me wicked and report to the mod.
Lol, the horrors in the south east are far much worse than those in the south west, if I start posting how horrific the south east is, I bet u, u will leave Nairaland for good. Ur region is the worst and the poorest in the whole south. The south south and south west are ahead of u. U should only be competing the northerners.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tell Me What Makes You Support A United Nigeria..except That It The Popular Take by victorvezx(m): 8:23pm On Jan 15, 2017
Fremancipation:

Where is the indigenous innoson equivalent in the south west. Please don't mention that broke proforce crap.

Also haven't the south east and other Biafran states been leading in all national exams in the past 2 decades.

Are you seriously trying to play ignorant?

U have being leading in education, but nothing to show for it. Ur region is still the most backward, still filled with illiterates. With all the education in university, ur people have still not come out with the solution for ur massive Erosions that is eating land and shrinking the Landmass in the east massively.

1 Like

Re: Tell Me What Makes You Support A United Nigeria..except That It The Popular Take by Maduawuchukwu(m): 8:25pm On Jan 15, 2017
victorvezx:

Lol, the horrors in the south east are far much worse than those in the south west, if I start posting how horrific the south east is, I bet u, u will leave Nairaland for good. Ur region is the worst and the poorest in the whole south. The south south and south west are ahead of u. U should only be competing the northerners.
Lol. U are kidding. I also thought the same way until I visited at least two eastern states this xmas and my eyes opened. My man, the east is balling. Apart from Lagos u knw that the west is in a poor shape right? Ibadan is now rugged again, oshogbo is gone etc.

5 Likes

Re: Tell Me What Makes You Support A United Nigeria..except That It The Popular Take by Stingman: 8:27pm On Jan 15, 2017
victorvezx:

U have being leading in education, but nothing to show for it. Ur region is still the most backward, still filled with illiterates. With all the education in university, ur people have still not come out with the solution for ur massive Erosions that is eating land and shrinking the Landmass in the east massively.

"...During the 60s and 70s when u mention Port harcourt and Enugu in East, mention Kano and kaduna in North, then u must mention Lagos and Ibadan in west.
Lagos was the capital of Nigeria while Ibadan was the largest city in West Africa. We were a very suffisticated people then. We never had much brown roofs. We had largest professors. we also had other cities such as Abeokuta etc but now table has turned on us, ibadan is the biggest slum in the whole of Africa (if not the world) with many dirty buildings without toilets. The brown roofs are enough to make you throw up.

Abeokuta has declined from a city to a small town with slums. Other state capitals in west are mere villages like, osogbo and ado ekiti and akure. (I'd have icluded ilorin but since it has an emir as the traditional ruler, it is now owned by northerners). Here in osogbo the best hotel looks like a guest house

coming to east, you now have many cities, including ones which were not developed in 60s. They have booming cities like Enugu, Owerri, Onitsha, Aba, Nnewi, Awka , Umuahia. If u go to awka umuahia and owerri, u see modern buildings without brown roofs, u see fine hotels, shoping malls and fly-overs under construction. If u also go to other ibo cities outside southeast such as Asaba and Porthharcourt u see the same development..." Oni

3 Likes

Re: Tell Me What Makes You Support A United Nigeria..except That It The Popular Take by darknetcom: 8:27pm On Jan 15, 2017
victorvezx:

nigeria gave bakassi to cameroon to stop france from helping biafra in the civil war... undecided

many of them know nothing at all... undecided..

okorocha was right...they know little of the world... undecided
Re: Tell Me What Makes You Support A United Nigeria..except That It The Popular Take by WeNigerDelta: 8:27pm On Jan 15, 2017
darknetcom:

dont even dare try to convince me to like that mullato kanu...

dont let me summon thunda to decend on you... angry..

Wetin I go gain from convincing Sabo like you?? Simple question you nor fit answer, bro talk to me likes black African... Not dey form all this nonsense...
Werin we don gain from Nigeria for us to stay loyal to her? Or how dem take dey love country reach wen we never do? Answer the question, nor come dey act like fairy...
Or u dey happy to see our brother they trek with file up and down Warri and Sapele when other people dey collect their jobs? You happy say we nor get a world class healthcare and people dey die over useless preventable diseases.... Wetin dey d Naija wen u wan die for?

7 Likes

Re: Tell Me What Makes You Support A United Nigeria..except That It The Popular Take by victorvezx(m): 8:29pm On Jan 15, 2017
Maduawuchukwu:

Lol. U are kidding. I also thought the same way until I visited at least two eastern states this xmas and my eyes opened. My man, the east is balling. Apart from Lagos u knw that the west is in a poor shape right? Ibadan is now rugged again, oshogbo is gone etc.
Lol, east is balling, but the other time ur people were complaining of the increase in transport fair when they want to return to Lagos. Ballers don't complain, Ballers have everything in excess. South east is balling, but ur people can't pay transport fair to go back home to prove that the south east is really balling. Which state in the south east can u even be proud of if not Anambra that even trying a little bit?

1 Like

Re: Tell Me What Makes You Support A United Nigeria..except That It The Popular Take by ScotsReferendum: 8:29pm On Jan 15, 2017
Rossikki:
It's true bro.... Your tiny tribal nation will be Ghana's bitc..h. Deal with it. Your mates will be South Sudan, Togo, Gambia and co. Even Congo will be bossing you.

You are not expose

Do you know Hitler never invaded Switzerland which is 20 times smaller than Germany because Switzerland is far develop than Germany

Size doesn't count in strength.

4 Likes

Re: Tell Me What Makes You Support A United Nigeria..except That It The Popular Take by DivaFiva: 8:30pm On Jan 15, 2017
darknetcom:

since 1960 is not 100years...
1914 we became Nigeria, 1960 we became an independent nation

1 Like

Re: Tell Me What Makes You Support A United Nigeria..except That It The Popular Take by victorvezx(m): 8:31pm On Jan 15, 2017
Stingman:

"...During the 60s and 70s when u mention Port harcourt and Enugu in East, mention Kano and kaduna in North, then u must mention Lagos and Ibadan in west.
Lagos was the capital of Nigeria while Ibadan was the largest city in West Africa. We were a very suffisticated people then. We never had much brown roofs. We had largest professors. we also had other cities such as Abeokuta etc but now table has turned on us, ibadan is the biggest slum in the whole of Africa (if not the world) with many dirty buildings without toilets. The brown roofs are enough to make you throw up.

Abeokuta has declined from a city to a small town with slums. Other state capitals in west are mere villages like, osogbo and ado ekiti and akure. (I'd have icluded ilorin but since it has an emir as the traditional ruler, it is now owned by northerners). Here in osogbo the best hotel looks like a guest house

coming to east, you now have many cities, including ones which were not developed in 60s. They have booming cities like Enugu, Owerri, Onitsha, Aba, Nnewi, Awka , Umuahia. If u go to awka umuahia and owerri, u see modern buildings without brown roofs, u see fine hotels, shoping malls and fly-overs under construction. If u also go to other ibo cities outside southeast such as Asaba and Porthharcourt u see the same development..." Oni
The best the south east can offer is not even at per with the worst the south west can offer
Re: Tell Me What Makes You Support A United Nigeria..except That It The Popular Take by Stingman: 8:32pm On Jan 15, 2017
victorvezx:

The best the south east can offer is not even at per with the worst the south west can offer

By your mouth...?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.”

-Mark Twain

5 Likes

Re: Tell Me What Makes You Support A United Nigeria..except That It The Popular Take by victorvezx(m): 8:33pm On Jan 15, 2017
Stingman:

By your mouth...?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.”

-Mark Twain
By verifiable statistics
Re: Tell Me What Makes You Support A United Nigeria..except That It The Popular Take by ScotsReferendum: 8:38pm On Jan 15, 2017
WeNigerDelta:

Don't mind the guy you quoted

He fails to realize that in Biafra, there will be no Hausa Fulani people in our military that will do the dirty bidding of any politician

Biafrans in Biafra security units will never obey any evil politician.

5 Likes

Re: Tell Me What Makes You Support A United Nigeria..except That It The Popular Take by ScotsReferendum: 8:39pm On Jan 15, 2017
darknetcom:

urhobo...

Urhobos are free to remain Nigerians with Hausa Fulani herdsmen grin cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Tell Me What Makes You Support A United Nigeria..except That It The Popular Take by DivaFiva: 8:40pm On Jan 15, 2017
Rossikki:
Nigeria is the largest market in Africa. Any business you work at seriously here can make you a world class millionaire. If you become another Sierra Leone or Benin Republic, the Lebanese will be eating your lunch.
Large market is not large population! Market refer to people who are able($) and willing to buy. Na how many people out of your Nigerian marget fit afford AC under the kind hot sun we dey suffer under? I'll wait.

9 Likes

Re: Tell Me What Makes You Support A United Nigeria..except That It The Popular Take by DivaFiva: 8:45pm On Jan 15, 2017
darknetcom:

facts..you started starving to death as all your borders were closed....

your biafra fell like no be small..

you maybe be good business people,but you are very bad as farmers...you had good soil yes,but why didnt you grow nothing on it..?...

you are not cattle herders,bad farmers...

you can not feed ya selfs without the help of others...

only to have money is not enough...
you wan eat the banknotes,ni??..
It doesn't sound like you care about what happens to Igbos yet you want a united Nigeria.
Isn't that hypocritical?
Allow us be a country that starve... leave it for us.
You think if Nigeria's borders are closed for 3 months and we are made to survive with what we have, we'll survive? Think again.
Countries are expected to trade to survive, Biafra wasn't given the chance.

7 Likes

Re: Tell Me What Makes You Support A United Nigeria..except That It The Popular Take by ScotsReferendum: 8:57pm On Jan 15, 2017
DivaFiva:

Large market is not large population! Market refer to people who are able($) and willing to buy. Na how many people out of your Nigerian marget fit afford AC under the kind hot sun we dey suffer under? I'll wait.

That guy you quoted failed basic economics in school

He thinks market is population

Thanks for enlightening him cool

9 Likes

Re: Tell Me What Makes You Support A United Nigeria..except That It The Popular Take by sanandreas(m): 9:05pm On Jan 15, 2017
darknetcom:

urhobo...

Point of correction. The urhobo nation don't breed Fulani slaves. Which of the kingdom are you from?

7 Likes

Re: Tell Me What Makes You Support A United Nigeria..except That It The Popular Take by Cjrane2: 9:05pm On Jan 15, 2017
Fremancipation:

At this point, true federalism cannot solve anything. Here are some reasons

1) how will it stop Fulani herdsmen from killing?

2) if a reagion started to develop, especially the east, the whole almajiri in the north will flood that region and take advantage of the regions tax payers.

3) There will still be sharia law which goes against secularism and will lead to more clashes.

You do not know about True Federalism.

True federalism means the federating units which could be states or geo-political subregions will have all the rights in a truly federal state such as United States.
The federating units will control their resources and pay taxes and fund their own police and state laws. If their state law says cattle must be moved in trucks and not through farmlands, then that is the law in those states.Yes, they cannot deport other Nigerians in their state, but if they break the law, they will be tried and jailed according to state law.

If Nigeria were truly a federal republic, we would not have any of the problems we have today and only viable and productive states will exist. Which will also foster development and reduce the corruption points.

The struggle in Nigeria today is about CHEATING others.
How one region can manipulate themselves so that they can steal the oil resources from another. PERIOD.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tell Me What Makes You Support A United Nigeria..except That It The Popular Take by sanandreas(m): 9:08pm On Jan 15, 2017
I read all the pages and the Op is asking, no one have answered it from the pro nigerianist.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tell Me What Makes You Support A United Nigeria..except That It The Popular Take by DivaFiva: 9:12pm On Jan 15, 2017
darknetcom:

dont mind dem dem..we saw how they starved to death,as the north was blocked off from them...

yeye people...
Mind you, I'm saying that Biafrans starved like any country would including the mordern day Nigeria is we are cut off from trading with the rest of the world. There are institutions you wouldn't expect a young country to have...people had to leave their properties and lands outside Biafra in hope for a better tomorrow. Don't mock people's heritage. It's disgusting. Real people died.

9 Likes

Re: Tell Me What Makes You Support A United Nigeria..except That It The Popular Take by freeze001(f): 9:13pm On Jan 15, 2017
darknetcom:

since 1960 is not 100years...

Good gracious! Are u this dumb or is it intentional? The op is talking of d period from d time Nigeria came into existence and u are stuck at independence..There was this contraption before 1960 please!

7 Likes

Re: Tell Me What Makes You Support A United Nigeria..except That It The Popular Take by DivaFiva: 9:14pm On Jan 15, 2017
sanandreas:
I read all the pages and the Op is asking, no one have answered it from the pro nigerianist.
I swear not a single person. Really sad.

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Fashola Seeks Elongation Of Works Minister’s Tenure / Fayose: I Never Said Tinubu Is My Choice For 2023 Presidential Election / Terror Threat: National Assembly Commences Stop And Search

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.