Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,345 members, 7,808,211 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:48 AM

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 16/01/17 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 16/01/17 (864 Views)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 07/01/17 / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 31/01/17 / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 08/01/17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 16/01/17 by dallyemmy: 6:16pm On Jan 15, 2017
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL.

DATE: MONDAY 16TH JANUARY 2017.

THEME: OPENING OR SHUTTING THE DOORS?

Memorise:

But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. Hebrews 11:6

Read: 1 Kings 17:8-16

17:8 And the word of the LORD came unto him, saying,

17:9 Arise, get thee to Zarephath, which belongeth to Zidon, and dwell there: behold, I have commanded a widow woman there to sustain thee.

17:10 So he arose and went to Zarephath. And when he came to the gate of the city, behold, the widow woman was there gathering of sticks: and he called to her, and said, Fetch me, I pray thee, a little water in a vessel, that I may drink.

17:11 And as she was going to fetch it, he called to her, and said, Bring me, I pray thee, a morsel of bread in thine hand.

17:12 And she said, As the LORD thy God liveth, I have not a cake, but an handful of meal in a barrel, and a little oil in a cruse: and, behold, I am gathering two sticks, that I may go in and dress it for me and my son, that we may eat it, and die.

17:13 And Elijah said unto her, Fear not; go and do as thou hast said: but make me thereof a little cake first, and bring it unto me, and after make for thee and for thy son.

17:14 For thus saith the LORD God of Israel, The barrel of meal shall not waste, neither shall the cruse of oil fail, until the day that the LORD sendeth rain upon the earth.

17:15 And she went and did according to the saying of Elijah: and she, and he, and her house, did eat many days.

17:16 And the barrel of meal wasted not, neither did the cruse of oil fail, according to the word of the LORD, which he spake by Elijah.

If you learn to give liberally to God, you will be rewarded with increase through divine favour. Whatever you give to the Lord will be multipled. The widow of Zarephath, who was in a very sorry state, was asked to give the man of God a little cake from her last meal. Thank God she did. Millions of people have read about her all through the ages because of what she did. By that singular act of obedience, she has gained so much recognition and is a celebrity in God's Kingdom. Do know that if she had focused more on her need, and if she had told the prophet to leave her alone, she would have taken a meal which would have been her very last before dying? May you not eat the last meal that could become your very first in a continuous line of blessings for the rest of your life!

Moreover, this woman gave God's servant a cake, but she got flour and oil in return. If you give God a cake, He will give you flour and oil on an enduring basis. He expects you to then do the baking yourself. He will not come down to do the baking for you. Beloved, do not sit down expecting money to rain down from Heaven. God can open doors, even mighty doors of blessings to you. However, when He does this, it is His expectation and your responsibility to recognise and walk through them. Such open doors will cause you to work hard.

After I was saved, I used to argue about tithes. As a mathematician, I told them that if 100% of my academician's salary was not enough for my needs, how would 90% be sufficient after paying 10% as tithe? One day, God cautioned me about this, and I began to pay my tithe. God then began to open doors of opportunities to me. As a lecturer, private practice was out of the question. One day my dean called me and said he just discovered I was the best mathematics lecturer he had, and so he was sending me to teach in a particular secondary school for girls. Consequently, extra income flowed in. When the results of the school leaving certificate exams for the girls were released, they excelled in mathematics without stress, and the news spread. Other schools began to call for me. God's word is true. Are you faithful to God in your tithes? If you are, you will be creating a platform for open doors, but if you are not, you will be shutting the doors to blessings with your own hands.

Key Point:

Violating God's command makes a man his own enemy.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Mark 3-4
Isaiah 13:1-16

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE.

HYMN 10: THERE SHALL BE SHOWER OF BLESSING

1. There shall be showers of blessing:
This is the promise of love;
There shall be seasons refreshing,
Sent from the Savior above.

[Chorus]
Showers of blessing,
Showers of blessing we need:
Mercy drops round us are falling,
But for the showers we plead.

2. There shall be showers of blessing--
Precious reviving again;
Over the hills and the valleys,
Sound of abundance of rain.

[Chorus]

3. There shall be showers of blessing:
Send them upon us, O Lord;
Grant to us now a refreshing;
Come, and now honor Thy Word.

[Chorus]

4. There shall be showers of blessing:
Oh, that today they might fall,
Now as to God we're confessing,
Now as on Jesus we call!

[Chorus]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional 16/01/17 by dallyemmy: 7:54am On Jan 16, 2017
DAY 6

Intense praise and worship
Father give us the grace to please you in all that we do in this year 2017
Father give us the grace to wake up and win souls, attend House Fellowships, Digging deep , Sunday Services and other church programs regularly in this year, 2017
Father, help us to be faithful in honouring you with our first fruit, giving our tithes and offering regularly throughout this New Year 2017
Father arise, and show yourself mighty on our behalf and on the behalf of our , parishes and family members
Father arise and help me to stir up the giant in me
Father help me to recover all the lost grounds in this New Year 2017
Father help me to forever be relevant and never become a man of yesterday. 1Sam 16:1
Father have mercy on me and reverse every irreversible in my life this year. Ezek. 37:1-12
Father, you are the help of the helpless, help us to be united and help RCCG to forever be relevant.
Let us pay to God for the Army of vibrant youths in RCCG that will mortify the activities of the flesh. Gal. 17: 21, Col 3:1-17
Let us pray to God for the Army of vibrant youths in RCCG that will manifest the fruit of the spirit. Gal. 5:22-23
Let us ask God for the Army of vibrant youths in RCCG that will build according to specifications. Gen. 6:22, Heb 11:17
Let us ask God for a holy Army of vibrant youths in RCCG . Heb.12 :14-17
Let us pray that God will exposed and expel disgracefully wolves in the coat of sheep from among the Army of vibrant youths in RCCG. Nehemiah 4:11
Let us ask God for vigilant and battle ready Army of vibrant youths in RCCG . Nehemiah 4:11
Let us ask God for kingdom oriented Army of vibrant youths in RCCG . Nehemiah 4:23
Arise oh Lord God of Israel and frustrate the plan of the enemy to breed wolves in the coat of sheep to take over as sheep in this Army of vibrant youths in RCCG
Arise oh Lord and send the spirit of confusion of language into the camp of enemy where wolves in the coat of sheep are being bred and equipped to take over the New Army of vibrant youths in RCCG
Have mercy oh Lord and let the “Tomorrow” of Pastor E.A Adeboye be well.
Have mercy oh Lord and don’t allow your son Pastor E.A.Adeboye to labour in vain over this New Army of vibrant youths in RCCG

1 Like

Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional 16/01/17 by dallyemmy: 7:55am On Jan 16, 2017
Prayer Points on Today's Open Heavens, (Monday, January 16th, 2017) - OPENING OR SHUTTING THE DOORS
1.Thank you Father, for your faithfulness, in being the rewarder of those who diligently seek you.
2.Father, in anyway, l have fallen short of your glory, have mercy and forgive me.
3.Father, let every spirit of faithlessness and unbelief, that could prevent me from being blessed, by you, be consumed, in my life, by your fire.
4.Father, give me the grace to obey you and take the steps of faith, like, the widow of Zarephath, when situation Iooks bleak and hopeless, in Jesus' name.
5.Father, please, direct my thoughts and footsteps, to where my breakthrough and miracles are, in Jesus' name.
6.Father, don't let me use my own hand to shut the doors of breakthroughs and opportunities, that you have opened for me.
7.Father, let every veil covering the eyes of my divine helpers from seeing me, be removed and torn to pieces, in Jesus' name.
8.Father, give me a large heart of giving, to the poor, the needy, and to your servants, in Jesus' name.
9.Father, don't let me miss any opportunity to give, that has been divinely programmed to open the doors of my own breakthrough and perpetual sustainance.
10.Father, help me to recognise and walk through any door of breakthrough, that you open for me, in Jesus' name.
11.Father, help me to faithfully obey and observe, any kingdom principle, that you have laid down, to give me financial abundance and spiritual success.
12.Your Personal Petitions. (Phil 4:6)
13.In Jesus' name I pray.(John 15:16)
14.Thank you Father for answered prayers. (1 Thes 5:18).
#GodBlessOurNation

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 08/02/17 / Stephanie Otobo Releases Series Of Screenshots Of Video Chats With Suleiman-Pic / Why Scientists Haven’t Discovered Hell Yet?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.