Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,858 members, 7,806,429 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:29 PM

Dry Season Ugu Farming With Pictures.. - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Dry Season Ugu Farming With Pictures.. (12363 Views)

Akwa Ibom Government Boosts Cocoa Farming With 500,000 Seedlings / Starting My Ugu Farming With My Friend And Mentor / Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dry Season Ugu Farming With Pictures.. by udejiga17(m): 11:52am On Jan 16, 2017
Hello fams...so I decided to diversify my income my cultivating pumpkin seeds popularly called Ugu in my backyard..All thanks to the super farmers on this platform

Farm to be cleared

Cc:
Ejulafarm , youngzoologist

1 Like

Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming With Pictures.. by udejiga17(m): 11:57am On Jan 16, 2017
Clearing of farmland

Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming With Pictures.. by udejiga17(m): 12:01pm On Jan 16, 2017
Fencing my farmland from intruders...e.g cock,hen and chicks

Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming With Pictures.. by udejiga17(m): 12:05pm On Jan 16, 2017
Removing the seeds from the pods and placed under the sun for two days

Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming With Pictures.. by udejiga17(m): 12:57pm On Jan 16, 2017
My Ugu leaves after 3wks....pls super farmers what kinda fertilizer can I apply

1 Like

Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming With Pictures.. by Dadanoah(m): 2:07pm On Jan 16, 2017
weldone

1 Like

Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming With Pictures.. by Gadgetmobil(m): 2:35pm On Jan 16, 2017
Your soil seems a Virgin one, so poultry manure remains your best ferterlizer

1 Like

Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming With Pictures.. by Neduzze5(m): 10:12pm On Jan 16, 2017
Use poultry manure. How many days did it take them to germinate?
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming With Pictures.. by udejiga17(m): 3:52pm On Jan 20, 2017
Neduzze5:
Use poultry manure. How many days did it take them to germinate?

Thanks all..nine days sir

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming With Pictures.. by Dadanoah(m): 7:36pm On Jan 20, 2017
Gadgetmobil:
Your soil seems a Virgin one, so poultry manure remains your best ferterlizer
plz bro. i nursery tomato seed,its about 50 seed. after 3weeks and i try to rans-plant it. made 50 holes and fill it with dry and raw chicken manure,and i wet it before i transplant it. the follow day all the tomato were seriously wither. pls what can cause it?
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming With Pictures.. by udejiga17(m): 4:53pm On Jan 25, 2017
Sisisioge come and see o
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming With Pictures.. by sisisioge: 7:30pm On Jan 25, 2017
udejiga17:
Sisisioge come and see o

OK nau...I see money growing in your backyard. May God make your farm flourish. I'm now rowing up my sleeves to get my hands dirty...Love Ugu life!

1 Like

Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming With Pictures.. by dragon2(m): 12:14am On Jan 26, 2017
Dadanoah:
plz bro. i nursery tomato seed,its about 50 seed. after 3weeks and i try to rans-plant it. made 50 holes and fill it with dry and raw chicken manure,and i wet it before i transplant it. the follow day all the tomato were seriously wither. pls what can cause it?

You shouldn't use raw manure or tender plants. It will burn them.It is best to let it age.
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming With Pictures.. by Pavore9: 8:02am On Jan 26, 2017
Dadanoah:

The raw chicken manure burnt the plants.
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming With Pictures.. by udejiga17(m): 2:44pm On Jan 26, 2017
Pavore9:

Pls hope it won't burn my ugu too
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming With Pictures.. by udejiga17(m): 2:50pm On Jan 26, 2017
sisisioge:

OK nau...I see money growing in your backyard. May God make your farm flourish. I'm now rowing up my sleeves to get my hands dirty...Love Ugu life!

Amen to ur prayer dearie...as for rowing up ur sleeves..way to go...wish u well wink
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming With Pictures.. by Dadanoah(m): 7:06pm On Jan 26, 2017
Pavore9:

Thanks 4ur respond! plz explain how to measure raw manure and black soil before it mix together?
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming With Pictures.. by Dadanoah(m): 7:14pm On Jan 26, 2017
dragon2:

You shouldn't use raw manure or tender plants. It will burn them.It is best to let it age.
plz explain it better
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming With Pictures.. by restored2016(m): 6:08pm On Jan 28, 2017
Dadanoah:
you should have used cow dung, poultry feed on chemical feeds and thereby a lot of chemical waste that needs to be given time to cool off but cow eats pure grass and there manure is free from chemicals therefore it is suitable for immediate planting unlike the poultry dung. 2. You shouldn't have applied to the hole you dug for the transplanting but the whole soil and Waite for 24hrs to transplanted. Sorry for ur loss.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming With Pictures.. by Dadanoah(m): 9:05pm On Jan 28, 2017
restored2016:
you should have used cow dung, poultry feed on chemical feeds and thereby a lot of chemical waste that needs to be given time to cool off but cow eats pure grass and there manure is free from chemicals therefore it is suitable for immediate planting unlike the poultry dung. 2. You shouldn't have applied to the hole you dug for the transplanting but the whole soil and Waite for 24hrs to transplanted. Sorry for ur loss.
Thanks for ur courage
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming With Pictures.. by udejiga17(m): 6:26pm On Feb 01, 2017
Just finished application of fertilizer and bed making

Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming With Pictures.. by QUEENCHIGO: 4:15pm On Oct 05, 2017
well done o oga farmer! about the manure that withered your plants, it was because the dung was fresh and too pungent, also, the chemicals in the feed used could have been a problem. Also remember that ugu can wither from many diseases and bad practices like applying fresh manure. Check out this blog post for more information on dos and donts in ugu farming http://www.gricd.com.ng/2017/09/28/how-to-prevent-common-pests-and-diseases-in-ugu-pumpkin-leaf-farming-by-using-good-cultivation-practices/
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming With Pictures.. by bfmconcepts: 6:50pm On Oct 10, 2017
if you had allowed the manure to decompose properly before applying. you could have gotten a desired result
read more about composting of manure
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming With Pictures.. by Chikach: 4:03pm On Oct 13, 2017
Following.....
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming With Pictures.. by farmerazu: 9:09pm On Oct 04, 2019
please i am BOUT PLANTING MY UGU ON 1ACE O FLAND
WHICH PRACTICE DO U THINK WILL BE BETTER

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Brand New Mf 375 Tractors' For Sale / Propagting Mango Through Its Stems / FG Launches Startup Nigeria To Promote Agribusiness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.