Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,810 members, 7,802,596 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:00 PM

Forget Your University Certificates, Go Back To Farm – Aregbesola - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Forget Your University Certificates, Go Back To Farm – Aregbesola (23734 Views)

"I Will Never Forget Your Sacrifices" - President Buhari Tells His Supporters / Babangida To Atiku: "Forget Your Presidential Ambition". Angry Atiku Shuns Press / Atiku Replies Twitter User Who Called Him Out For Wearing Agbada To Farm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Forget Your University Certificates, Go Back To Farm – Aregbesola by HAH: 1:38pm On Jan 16, 2017
True, there is no business like agriculture, I have seen a person that invested 300k on a farm in Kaduna, he got 105 bags of maize, he sold them at 12k each and he got N1.2M

Remember from planting to harvest of this crop is just 4 months

N.B Please no where did they governor say you should forget education, all he said was after your education instead of using the certificate searching for white collar jobs keep it in the closet and go to agriculture as it pays better that office jobs
Re: Forget Your University Certificates, Go Back To Farm – Aregbesola by seguno2: 1:38pm On Jan 16, 2017
Is that why this Baba Kabiru stole our N17 billion while claiming that he was building an airport with the longest runway?
Instead of paying owed salaries and pensions, he is saying nonsense.
Can someone spot the difference between Aregbesola and Ajimobi?
What is wrong with all these APC people?
Re: Forget Your University Certificates, Go Back To Farm – Aregbesola by adedayoadedeji(m): 1:38pm On Jan 16, 2017
ammyluv2002:
And why is he the governor? Why not resign and become a farmer embarassed

Good question wink

2 Likes

Re: Forget Your University Certificates, Go Back To Farm – Aregbesola by EmoBoy(m): 1:39pm On Jan 16, 2017
Sophisticated tribe my ass.
Re: Forget Your University Certificates, Go Back To Farm – Aregbesola by Rick9(m): 1:39pm On Jan 16, 2017
Government have been using this Agriculture shit to sing for years, but yet they are not ready to support,

If the government is serious about this Agriculture, they should loan farmers some money at least N3.5 Million Naira.

I bet you we would gladly return to the farms. Too much talks yet no actions arrant nonsense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Forget Your University Certificates, Go Back To Farm – Aregbesola by Thomdey: 1:40pm On Jan 16, 2017
i agree with him.only alternative to crude oil is agriculture.but no graduate in Nigeria is interested in that,all are looking fr white collar jobs
Re: Forget Your University Certificates, Go Back To Farm – Aregbesola by AndyMolarAllwel(m): 1:40pm On Jan 16, 2017
grin

1 Like

Re: Forget Your University Certificates, Go Back To Farm – Aregbesola by ALAYORMII: 1:40pm On Jan 16, 2017
How many of his children are in the farm??

1 Like

Re: Forget Your University Certificates, Go Back To Farm – Aregbesola by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jan 16, 2017
Rick9:
Government have been using this Agriculture shit to sing for years, but yet they are not ready to support,

If the government is serious about this Agriculture, they should loan farmers some money at least N3.5 Million Naira.

I bet you we would gladly return to the farms. Too much talks yet no actions arrant nonsense.

Governments both past and present have been offering agric loans....only to stop the programme because people do not pay the loans back.

And most banks do not give loans for agric....EVEN if the collateral is OK.

2 Likes

Re: Forget Your University Certificates, Go Back To Farm – Aregbesola by UncleSnr(m): 1:43pm On Jan 16, 2017
Re: Forget Your University Certificates, Go Back To Farm – Aregbesola by Harinholar(f): 1:44pm On Jan 16, 2017
adedayoadedeji:
I am sure if most graduate knew this is how difficult it will be to get a job, they would have used the money spent to learn a trade and do something viable.

But like they say, "education is key"
. I dey tell you...it's just a pity
Re: Forget Your University Certificates, Go Back To Farm – Aregbesola by seguno2: 1:45pm On Jan 16, 2017
ALAYORMII:
How many of his children are in the farm??

None.
Instead he is giving Kabiru hyper inflated contracts of $3.7 billion to supply useless Opon Imo laptops.
These governors take us for fools, walahi.
How/Why did we elect these buffoons?
Re: Forget Your University Certificates, Go Back To Farm – Aregbesola by ifenes(m): 1:45pm On Jan 16, 2017
temitemi1:
tell that to ur children embarassed embarassed

He is saying the truth.

1 Like

Re: Forget Your University Certificates, Go Back To Farm – Aregbesola by menama(m): 1:47pm On Jan 16, 2017
ok
Re: Forget Your University Certificates, Go Back To Farm – Aregbesola by donwalexy4148(m): 1:48pm On Jan 16, 2017
dis Gov must be sick in the head, i pity my country Nigeria. wat a useless and senseless gov Aregbesola.

he should have told his children the same thing, it endless him sending his wards to school since they will still end up been a farmer.
Re: Forget Your University Certificates, Go Back To Farm – Aregbesola by ademusiwa2r: 1:49pm On Jan 16, 2017
Because .R aregbesola is an illiterate.

Mr aregbesola is suppose to build more military and police facilities in his state for the military to create job in his state of osun state.

It is the same for Ondo state etc.

Your children are going to the north for military training and looking for jobs because you failed to build facilities for them to get Jobs
Re: Forget Your University Certificates, Go Back To Farm – Aregbesola by Harinholar(f): 1:49pm On Jan 16, 2017
petrov10:
zombies will agree with anything my guy

y don't you tell him to send his daughter wearing 600,000k loboutin to the farm eh? abi na only u be suffer head
. Anything goes...His type love to settle for less
Re: Forget Your University Certificates, Go Back To Farm – Aregbesola by frubben(m): 1:49pm On Jan 16, 2017
Tell ur children to dump there certificate and enter farm.
Re: Forget Your University Certificates, Go Back To Farm – Aregbesola by cooljude(m): 1:50pm On Jan 16, 2017
9jakohai:
Hmm....

He does have a point....agricultural enterprises can make one rich, and can add value and jobs to the local community.

And if we were serious....it could be a forex earner for the country.

Don't write off Aregbe's advice....there is some wisdom in it. An office job is not the be all end all.

Don't deceive yourself, if farming was that lucrative, everybody would still be fully dependent on it.
Secondly, Farming has level and the kind of farming he his talking about would make you die at a very young age because it is not a high yield kind of farming ( hoe and cutlass).
Lastly what are the policies that would make farming profitable, which supports would the government play (security, basic amenities, thriving market, improved seedlings, research, etc).

Let his kid start farming with no financial support from his father and let us watch and wait if he doesn't strangle him in his sleep at night out of frustration.

3 Likes

Re: Forget Your University Certificates, Go Back To Farm – Aregbesola by alaskido(m): 1:51pm On Jan 16, 2017
After spending 4 - 7 years strike inclusive in the University and 1 year compulsory NYSC, you now ask me to dump my certificate and go to farm. The essence of my attending a university is to get a job. What is wrong with this Rauf of a man self?

1 Like

Re: Forget Your University Certificates, Go Back To Farm – Aregbesola by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jan 16, 2017
shey dey will return all the tuition paid to get that degree that he wants us to forget ba? what rubbish. after spending years in university look at what our leaders are saying.
what is wrong with Nigeria tho?
Re: Forget Your University Certificates, Go Back To Farm – Aregbesola by PDJT: 1:53pm On Jan 16, 2017
Lol. Good advice from that Ododowa man.
Especially cocoa farming, cos I love my coffee and hot chocolate.

I say to the oil-producing communities: Shut that goddam thing down!
Re: Forget Your University Certificates, Go Back To Farm – Aregbesola by calyto: 1:53pm On Jan 16, 2017
Great advice.
If only i had someone to advice me like this when i graduated, i wouldn't have been doing this 'well-paid slave' job at my age.
Just last year, i rented a HECTARE of land in Minda, Taraba state for 5k. I only bought fuel and my frd's tractor ploughed the land.
I planted 2 bags of groundnut and i harvested over 200 bags. I am still in shock.
Recession opens your eyes.....Better to farm than to be threatened daily my planned or rumoured downsizing/rightsizing
Re: Forget Your University Certificates, Go Back To Farm – Aregbesola by thunderbabs: 1:53pm On Jan 16, 2017
These Governors and their mouths...Aregbe and ajimobi should point out any of their own children who left his/her certificate in the wardrope and is farming.

They ll come on air when they are short of ideas, telling youths to go and farm.

If that ajimobi's daughter farms, i will go and farm too.

Nonsense
Re: Forget Your University Certificates, Go Back To Farm – Aregbesola by Okies27(m): 1:55pm On Jan 16, 2017
Lautechgossip:
Governor Rauf Aregbesola of Osun have charged university graduates to dump their certificates and go back to farm, urging them to see agriculture as viable alternative to white collar job.

The governor said the call was necessary due to the menace of unemployment among Nigerian youths.

Aregbesola gave the charge while delivering a speech at the 6th Convocation Ceremony of Fountain University, Osogbo, adding that the present economic situation has shown Nigerians the need to encourage farming as the only alternative to crude oil.

He explained that there was no aspect of life that could do without agriculture, saying Nigerian graduates must henceforth stop searching for formal jobs that realistically remained elusive.

He called for productivity, resilience and hard-work among Nigerians, stressing that the present nation’s economy demands one to be self-employed.

Aregbesola noted that there is no other alternative to sustain Nigerian economy than to build and encourage requisite interest in agriculture and brace up with anything that could promote food security.

The governor maintained that all Nigerians, as a matter of urgency should invest in things that would enhance farming in the next five years if truly the nation was ready to overcome her present economic challenges.

Lamenting the glut in the global oil market, which has brought about dwindling revenues to all tiers of government, Aregbesola emphasised the need for massive participation in agriculture.

“There is need for us , especially our young graduand’s to lead the nation in promoting agriculture as the only realistic surviving alternative to economy.

“We must not but embrace farming because it is only agriculture that has direct links to all aspects of life.

“Nigeria has grown to the stage through which her food production capacity must be urgently expanded to meet the general needs of the citizenry and as well enhance exportation.

“The time to enhance productivity has come. We must all embrace productivity. We must produce whatever we desire to consume”, he added.

Congratulating the graduating students, Aregbesola charged them to adapt to the virtues they acquired from the institution.
He called on them to get prepared for the challenges ahead and life after university which he described as “challenging.”

“You must all prepare the challenges ahead especially at this period of over saturated tendencies of labour market. You need grim determination to succeed. You must be rational and critical in the application of the knowledge you have acquired”.

Aregbesola appealed to those who are perpetrating violence and criminality in the name of Islam to have a rethink, using the precious and reputable saying, “violence is directly antithetical to Islam.”

Earlier in his lecture, Professor Abubakar Rasheed, who is the Executive Secretary of National Universities Commission(NUC)and the Guest Speaker at the event charged both private and public organisations in the country on the need to invest more in education.

He said the country has gone to a stage where education should be seen by all as a bedrock for national development, hence calls for the need to encourage participation in both basic and higher education.

He implored stakeholders in the private and public institutions in the country to rescue the nation from her present education backwardness as a matter of urgency, by establishing more universities.

Meanwhile, in his remarks, the Acting Vice Chancellor of the University, Professor Abdullateef Usman called for better funding of university education.

He said the country can only develop if proper attention is given by all towards the provision of quality education.

Prof. Usman called on government to further invest in education, saying doing this would save the country and as well serve as panacea to economic growth and development.

“Our governments must do more in educating citizens who are expected to pilot the future affairs of the nation.

“If we really want to develop capacity in quality education and churning out graduates equipped with required virtues, thus no stone must be left unturned in ensuring better and adequate funding.

“The governments are expected to do the needful by earmarking better funds to support education both in terms of academic infrastructures and finances”.

Prof. Usman congratulated the 128 graduating students, advised them to multiply the virtues acquired in the university as they go into the new world of challenges.

http://www.kikiotolu.com/2017/01/forget-your-university-certificates-go.html

.. Agriculture is a mainstay in developed climes. We need certificates n infrastructures to reach their level. It's clear our govt don't know what it takes to reach their level and the research needed via education to attain such agricultural development. They only think agriculture is for the unlearned.
Re: Forget Your University Certificates, Go Back To Farm – Aregbesola by Drguzzykola(m): 1:55pm On Jan 16, 2017
9jakohai:
Hmm....

He does have a point....agricultural enterprises can make one rich, and can add value and jobs to the local community

Don't write off Aregbe's advice....there is some wisdom in it. An office job is not the be all enll.
leave the big headed niggas na,let them throw his advice away, they want his children to start first wen his children already has somthing to lean on, masses comparing him/herself is somhow foolish, let them be there and thrw his advice away. afterall time will tell who will suffer the neglegence ..baba afusa has spoken..
Re: Forget Your University Certificates, Go Back To Farm – Aregbesola by ekesoft(m): 1:56pm On Jan 16, 2017
MeHave you lost all HOPES? Is the recession hitting you harder by the day? Are you financially degraded? Then i ask haven't you heard of Bank of HOPE? a social what's app group which turns your dreams into reality. In Bank of HOPE we offer 50% of your start up capital within 48hrs.Yes you heard me right 50% within 48hours. To join group and turn your dreams into reality use the invite link.https:///HyseB2ySLeO54hiHJuOOae
Re: Forget Your University Certificates, Go Back To Farm – Aregbesola by jossy4joseph(m): 1:58pm On Jan 16, 2017
Tell that to ur children mr stupid governor
Re: Forget Your University Certificates, Go Back To Farm – Aregbesola by alaskido(m): 1:59pm On Jan 16, 2017
9jakohai:
Hmm....

He does have a point....agricultural enterprises can make one rich, and can add value and jobs to the local community.

Don't write off Aregbe's advice....there is some wisdom in it. An office job is not the be all end all.

If Aregbe rascal wants us to dump our certificate and go into farming, is he ready to provide the finance, fertilizers, tractors, seeds, etc? You cannot start a farm with empty hands. Also these new generations graduates cannot use hoe, cutlass, rakes, shovels to farm manually. No one wants to suffer in the 21st century. I will advise you send Kabiru your son to start as an experiment. If he succeeds we will join him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Forget Your University Certificates, Go Back To Farm – Aregbesola by dee02(m): 2:02pm On Jan 16, 2017
Godprotectigbos:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin ofonja people sef

form Ajimbola of oyo state to osun state

let me borrow oyo state daughter's words " generation of manner less people"

It is Afonja and Ajimobi, not Ofonja and Ajimbola, you vacuous troglodyte!
Re: Forget Your University Certificates, Go Back To Farm – Aregbesola by fibonacci07: 2:02pm On Jan 16, 2017
the advice would have made a lot of sense if his son kabiru or any of his children dump their certificates for farming......... yeye dey smell
Re: Forget Your University Certificates, Go Back To Farm – Aregbesola by BreezyCB(m): 2:06pm On Jan 16, 2017
Baba wayray
He's high on osogbo weed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"Osinbajo Is Better Than Buhari, Take It Or Leave It" – PDP Youths / A Northerner Must Emerge In 2015 Or Nigeria Will Divide- Lawal Kaita / Punch Cameraman Slapped For Obeying Traffic Light

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.