Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,800 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:01 PM

Suggestions Please Car Gurus.. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Suggestions Please Car Gurus.. (2435 Views)

Help Me PLEASE!! Car Starts, Moves A Little Then Stops / Car Gurus Come In Here...gazzuzz Et All...your Professional Advice Is Key / Please Car Gurus How Accessible Are KIA Rio Parts? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suggestions Please Car Gurus.. by Airborne02(m): 3:31pm On Jan 16, 2017
Good day nl car gurus. Am seriously in need of advice on which car to buy as a first timer. Thou have read about pros and cons in dis section always hearing abt dis and dat on cars.
So have made up to go on first time purchase of my personal car.
I have decided to pick from 3 species bt still want know which to settle with, i am and will say am still confused on which to pick from these set of vool rifes been ma first.

1. Peugeot 206 4 doors auto tranny.

2. Honda Civic ( joker specs) the 1997 model 4doors

3. Volkswagen Golf GTI 4doors..

All three cars are wat i have in mind bt want see which will stand me on...
1. Maintenance wise
2. Fuel efficiency
3. Parts and mechanical friendly..( i mean which one kazeems sabi wirh less wahala..)
4. Pros and cons of auto tranny.. All cars are auto.. I dnt too fancy all dis manual drives.. Changing legs on ride makes me get tired.. Lol.

Pls help.. Planning getting toks which ever will make a gud car.
I know someone here thru i neva have speak with nor encounter with few of them i read abt their post and see there know much abt cars.
Cc. Gazzuzz
Nerey
Kingreign

Re: Suggestions Please Car Gurus.. by Birniwa(m): 3:42pm On Jan 16, 2017
In my own opinion, the Honda Civic '97 model is the winner here. I offer personally drove that car some two years back and I can tell you that it has better better (among the other two) fuel economy and efficiency, affordable mechanical parts maintenance and overall, nice-looking interior and exterior design.
Re: Suggestions Please Car Gurus.. by Airborne02(m): 3:51pm On Jan 16, 2017
Birniwa:
In my own opinion, the Honda Civic '97 model is the winner here. I offer personally drove that car some two years back and I can tell you that it has better better (among the other two) fuel economy and efficiency, affordable mechanical parts maintenance and overall, nice-looking interior and exterior design.
thanks bro.. cool
Re: Suggestions Please Car Gurus.. by nurey(m): 4:00pm On Jan 16, 2017
Kai I have experience the three cars first hand. The Peugeot seems to be the most recent of them, that car is small for passengers only, Kai, the day I handle that car for 130km/h on kano-jigawa express manual gear Chai Chai. Nah the korope size I no too like

Honda civic European version, guy no need to talk too much this car is bad badder baddest reliable, no leg pull, efficient but it has 1.4L and 1.6L engine, I think it's safer to do the 1.6L engine. This car shares part with the Rover series so no part wahala.

The golf in the pix is a golf 3, I would pick it over golf 4. The 3 is more fuel efficient and the engine is rugged compared to aluminum block of golf 4. Golf too is very stable at high speed but I prefer a manual golf 3 wagon/coupe to the 4 door. But that's me Sha.

Who is the winner, I would pick the civic as its common, fuel efficient, easy to fix and diagnos, comes with enough safety features, the tokunbo is cheap, it has a wagon variant too which could come in handy when dealing with load, finest modern look (stock) among the three vehicles.

The choice is still yours, any one you fancy just pick and smile every morning when driving out.
Re: Suggestions Please Car Gurus.. by Airborne02(m): 4:06pm On Jan 16, 2017
nurey:
Kai I have experience the three cars first hand. The Peugeot seems to be the most recent of them, that car is small for passengers only, Kai, the day I handle that car for 130km/h on kano-jigawa express manual gear Chai Chai. Nah the korope size I no too like

Honda civic European version, guy no need to talk too much this car is bad badder baddest reliable, no leg pull, efficient but it has 1.4L and 1.6L engine, I think it's safer to do the 1.6L engine. This car shares part with the Rover series so no part wahala.

The golf in the pix is a golf 3, I would pick it over golf 4. The 3 is more fuel efficient and the engine is rugged compared to aluminum block of golf 4. Golf too is very stable at high speed but I prefer a manual golf 3 wagon/coupe to the 4 door. But that's me Sha.

Who is the winner, I would pick the civic as its common, fuel efficient, easy to fix and diagnos, comes with enough safety features, the tokunbo is cheap, it has a wagon variant too which could come in handy when dealing with load, finest modern look (stock) among the three vehicles.

The choice is still yours, any one you fancy just pick and smile every morning when driving out.
wow.. Another one from oga nurey.. Bt pls d 1.6L engine can u tell me abt its fuel efficiency. I tink dat will consume more.. Its nt dat i cnt afford oo bt i just want something wen am free to move with like u see abuja roads clean thou. Bt transport fares from one point na d wahala. So i will go for d civic. Bt auto i like cus na start zooom.. Lol.. I will go try d manually tranny.. Thanks bros.. Hw i go take share orijin here for u na.. Lol make i get ma hand on it. Dis February ma plans to hold it
Re: Suggestions Please Car Gurus.. by nurey(m): 5:32pm On Jan 16, 2017
Airborne02:
wow.. Another one from oga nurey.. Bt pls d 1.6L engine can u tell me abt its fuel efficiency. I tink dat will consume more.. Its nt dat i cnt afford oo bt i just want something wen am free to move with like u see abuja roads clean thou. Bt transport fares from one point na d wahala. So i will go for d civic. Bt auto i like cus na start zooom.. Lol.. I will go try d manually tranny.. Thanks bros.. Hw i go take share orijin here for u na.. Lol make i get ma hand on it. Dis February ma plans to hold it

The 1.6L is good on fuel, I just recommended that due to the more common US civics in Nigeria fitted with that engine type.

http://mpgguide.net
Re: Suggestions Please Car Gurus.. by Airborne02(m): 7:26pm On Jan 16, 2017
nurey:

The 1.6L is good on fuel, I just recommended that due to the more common US civics in Nigeria fitted with that engine type.

http://mpgguide.net
thanks alot sir... But pls how can i know an American spec honda civic.. Hw it seem to b.. Hw much can i get d toks or clean title naija used
Re: Suggestions Please Car Gurus.. by nurey(m): 7:34pm On Jan 16, 2017
Airborne02:
thanks alot sir... But pls how can i know an American spec honda civic.. Hw it seem to b.. Hw much can i get d toks or clean title naija used

The pix you posted is the European version of Honda civic, my own pix is the American version of the Honda civic for that same year. I will advice you stick with the European since it's cheaper. As for the price, my brother I can't say but you should be able to get the European version tokunbo less than 800k depends on the year too.

Check olx and cheki for price range

Re: Suggestions Please Car Gurus.. by baaliyah(m): 8:20pm On Jan 16, 2017
civic, civic, civic. almighty smallie. the car is the bomb. I currently have the American 97. I would rather keep the car forever or dash someone. The only problem I have had is the crankshaft pulley which resulted in getting another engine. I have used three golfs. 1986 golf 2 syncro 4WD, a monster, sold to an elderly man in Keffi ten years ago I still miss it. and two other golf 3, CL and the GTI. I have only driven 206 twice very very good.

my pick will be in this order
1. civic
2. 206 manual drive.
3. golf
Re: Suggestions Please Car Gurus.. by Airborne02(m): 8:43pm On Jan 16, 2017
baaliyah:
civic, civic, civic. almighty smallie. the car is the bomb. I currently have the American 97. I would rather keep the car forever or dash someone. The only problem I have had is the crankshaft pulley which resulted in getting another engine. I have used three golfs. 1986 golf 2 syncro 4WD, a monster, sold to an elderly man in Keffi ten years ago I still miss it. and two other golf 3, CL and the GTI. I have only driven 206 twice very very good.

1. civic
2. 206 manual drive.
3. golf

Thanks for the contribution bro.. Can u hlp were i can get a clean title civic.. Seem i don dey love dis ride.. I will go manual tranny

Re: Suggestions Please Car Gurus.. by captainking(m): 6:09pm On Jan 17, 2017
Why not go for Honda baby boy...just a suggestion thou... Mine ain't giving me wahala.. It's American specs..
Re: Suggestions Please Car Gurus.. by diportivo: 8:13pm On Jan 17, 2017
captainking:
Why not go for Honda baby boy...just a suggestion thou... Mine ain't giving me wahala.. It's American specs..

Once its a babyboy,its automatically an american spec na

Abi the erupean spec na babymama ni?

Guy wants to pick one outta the three....leave him be

Soon the Toyota crew will fill this place up with tinylight brouhaha
Re: Suggestions Please Car Gurus.. by nams77: 9:19pm On Jan 17, 2017
I am getting amazed at the review that Civic is getting. Is this car really da bomb? I was looking at getting something affordable and easy to maintain like a Vento but una wan reset my mind with this una Civic talk. Pls chief nurey, will you still place the Civic over a Vento?
Re: Suggestions Please Car Gurus.. by Airborne02(m): 9:45pm On Jan 17, 2017
captainking:
d babyboy abi na baby daddy i dnt like d design ni nd i want something small dats y.. Not as having dat back bonnet.. Just within dis 3 mentioned dats wat i like
Re: Suggestions Please Car Gurus.. by nurey(m): 9:46pm On Jan 17, 2017
nams77:
I am getting amazed at the review that Civic is getting. Is this car really da bomb? I was looking at getting something affordable and easy to maintain like a Vento but una wan reset my mind with this una Civic talk. Pls chief nurey, will you still place the Civic over a Vento?

The Vento is a golf 3 saloon version. I will pick the European civic to the Vento.
Re: Suggestions Please Car Gurus.. by Airborne02(m): 9:56pm On Jan 17, 2017
So civic won all d way.. Thanks guys.. Most especially oga nurey.. Goin for d civic.. Lookin for clean title now or still toks..
Re: Suggestions Please Car Gurus.. by captainking(m): 7:12am On Jan 18, 2017
Airborne02:
d babyboy abi na baby daddy i dnt like d design ni nd i want something small dats y.. Not as having dat back bonnet.. Just within dis 3 mentioned dats wat i like
it's alright.... Great choice..
Re: Suggestions Please Car Gurus.. by captainking(m): 7:14am On Jan 18, 2017
diportivo:

Once its a babyboy,its automatically an american spec na

Abi the erupean spec na babymama ni?

Guy wants to pick one outta the three....leave him be

Soon the Toyota crew will fill this place up with tinylight brouhaha
ohh... Don't mind me jari.. My Couz told me his own us Australia or so... While mine is American.. His choices are great thou . I hail u diportivo
Re: Suggestions Please Car Gurus.. by Nobody: 7:23am On Jan 18, 2017
captainking:
ohh... Don't mind me jari.. My Couz told me his own us Australia or so... While mine is American.. His choices are great thou . I hail u diportivo
the 'babyboy' was also sold in Australia.
Re: Suggestions Please Car Gurus.. by nams77: 8:28am On Jan 18, 2017
nurey:

The Vento is a golf 3 saloon version. I will pick the European civic to the Vento.
Hmmmm. This is serious o. Well I will go with what the gurus say
Re: Suggestions Please Car Gurus.. by Airborne02(m): 9:37am On Jan 18, 2017
baaliyah:

1. civic
2. 206 manual drive.
3. golf

U Willing to sell urs
Re: Suggestions Please Car Gurus.. by diportivo: 1:27pm On Jan 18, 2017
platinumricky:

I agree

Heck,it was even sold new by Honda here in naija

Aussie is rhd tho wink
Re: Suggestions Please Car Gurus.. by captainking(m): 5:46pm On Jan 18, 2017
platinumricky:
I guess so... It's a good car and easy to maintain..
Re: Suggestions Please Car Gurus.. by baaliyah(m): 7:04pm On Jan 18, 2017
Airborne02:

U Willing to sell urs

I have always sold my cars at give away just to add the money to get another. But this CIVIC won't be sold lailai. It will stay with me or whoever inherits it. Thanks.
Re: Suggestions Please Car Gurus.. by Airborne02(m): 7:18pm On Jan 18, 2017
sad sad
baaliyah:

I have always sold my cars at give away just to add the money to get another. But this CIVIC won't be sold lailai. It will stay with me or whoever inherits it. Thanks.
undecided[sup][/sup] cry cry cry cry[color=#990000][/color]

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Reflective Stickers Again / Buying A Toyota Sienna @900k...auto Expert Advice Needed Before Purchase / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.