Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,541 members, 7,808,994 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:44 PM

How To Get A Government Approval To Own A "STREET" - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How To Get A Government Approval To Own A "STREET" (23191 Views)

TBC Villa Estate With Lagos Government Approval On Certificate Of Occupancy . / TBC VIlla Estate with Lagos government Approval of certificate of Occupancy . / Own A Government Allocated Plot Of Land At Owerri.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Get A Government Approval To Own A "STREET" by moscobabs(m): 4:02pm On Jan 17, 2017
Please I need help on steps to take in owning a street in ogun state and Lagos states

Criteria

Registration

Approval

Subscription or Charges

Thanks
Re: How To Get A Government Approval To Own A "STREET" by Zector(m): 4:15pm On Jan 17, 2017
I also need the info
Re: How To Get A Government Approval To Own A "STREET" by K024(m): 5:09pm On Jan 17, 2017
You dont need any approval beyond a C of O to own a street. Just buy all the land on the street an voila! You own the street.

OK on a serious note, you can not own the street the way you mean it. You can only have the street named after you or you can give the street any (reasonable) name that suits you.

27 Likes

Re: How To Get A Government Approval To Own A "STREET" by moscobabs(m): 7:59pm On Jan 17, 2017
K024:
You dont need any approval beyond a C of O to own a street. Just buy all the land on the street an voila! You own the street.

OK on a serious note, you can not own the street the way you mean it. You can only have the street named after you or you can give the street any (reasonable) name that suits you.
so what's the process?
Re: How To Get A Government Approval To Own A "STREET" by GogetterMD(m): 7:07am On Jan 18, 2017
You don't own a street, you have a street named after you

11 Likes

Re: How To Get A Government Approval To Own A "STREET" by Nobody: 7:07am On Jan 18, 2017
Happy street owning

2 Likes

Re: How To Get A Government Approval To Own A "STREET" by sagio09: 7:08am On Jan 18, 2017
Re: How To Get A Government Approval To Own A "STREET" by kings09(m): 7:08am On Jan 18, 2017
Bribe state govt officials n u ll get ur info. Dats wat they r gud for - collecting bribes b4 services r rendered.

No1 shld blame me. It's d perception all govt institutions hv created.

2 Likes

Re: How To Get A Government Approval To Own A "STREET" by Abrupt: 7:08am On Jan 18, 2017
Well, when we were little, we were told 'The first person to build a house in a street, gets the street named after him or her.' I've always believed the fable tho'

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Get A Government Approval To Own A "STREET" by blaise00700(m): 7:08am On Jan 18, 2017
Sorry OP you can't own a street but you could have a street named after you.

The politics in having a street named after you is hectic, I am sure your local government can provide vital info and requirement.

Just keep some tips for the officials wink

3 Likes

Re: How To Get A Government Approval To Own A "STREET" by drkay(m): 7:08am On Jan 18, 2017
I also need this information.
Re: How To Get A Government Approval To Own A "STREET" by Abayor7: 7:08am On Jan 18, 2017
f
Re: How To Get A Government Approval To Own A "STREET" by NevetsIbot(m): 7:08am On Jan 18, 2017
i usd to think -be the first to build on the street

4 Likes

Re: How To Get A Government Approval To Own A "STREET" by Kennitrust(m): 7:09am On Jan 18, 2017
just put sign post with the desired name. that's all

3 Likes

Re: How To Get A Government Approval To Own A "STREET" by Nobody: 7:09am On Jan 18, 2017
It is first come first serve, Like seriously I think its whoever first build his house in that street, then the street is named after him.

But it might not be working like that anymore sha!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Get A Government Approval To Own A "STREET" by eazyjakes(m): 7:09am On Jan 18, 2017
Only u wan own Street for lagos n ogun....kuku buy d country!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Get A Government Approval To Own A "STREET" by MadeInSpain2015(m): 7:10am On Jan 18, 2017
You will go to your area local governments... And then will issue it for you...this all

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Get A Government Approval To Own A "STREET" by NNVanguard(m): 7:10am On Jan 18, 2017
Leave a lasting legacy wherever you are and you will be immortalised.

7 Likes

Re: How To Get A Government Approval To Own A "STREET" by omogidi234(m): 7:11am On Jan 18, 2017
Local Government Councils are the ones in charge of Street Naming. Find out which Local Government Area the street falls into, approach them, pay the requisite fees, the street would be named according to your desire.

10 Likes

Re: How To Get A Government Approval To Own A "STREET" by money121(m): 7:11am On Jan 18, 2017
Ok
Re: How To Get A Government Approval To Own A "STREET" by olahero(m): 7:11am On Jan 18, 2017
ehn what's it take? asking for procedure.
Re: How To Get A Government Approval To Own A "STREET" by Nobody: 7:11am On Jan 18, 2017
Oh well.. to own a street in naija, all you have to do is kill all your neighbours.. then the street will be yours tongue
Re: How To Get A Government Approval To Own A "STREET" by danemenike: 7:12am On Jan 18, 2017
Smiles
Re: How To Get A Government Approval To Own A "STREET" by misterchris(m): 7:12am On Jan 18, 2017
Play Lagos Monopoly

2 Likes

Re: How To Get A Government Approval To Own A "STREET" by genesisproperty: 7:12am On Jan 18, 2017
Get a letter of consent from the land owners authorising you as a known landlord in that area and you will humbly take that letter to the local government where the street is to be named and meet them at the housing and street unit for more clarification and form filling that's all sir.

4 Likes

Re: How To Get A Government Approval To Own A "STREET" by Nobody: 7:14am On Jan 18, 2017
Abrupt:
Well, when we were little, we were told 'The first person to build a house in a street, gets the street named after him or her.' I've always believed the fable tho'
op this is the truth.. Are u the first to buy land there?
Re: How To Get A Government Approval To Own A "STREET" by jowhyte(m): 7:17am On Jan 18, 2017
To get a street named after you is simple. Like over here in Benin, my friend went to the Local Government council here (Oredo LGA) and pay for the name filing.

A team will be assigned to come and verify if possibly ask some people question in the area where you intend to name the street.

After the verification and all that, the street will be named after you.

I think it cost him close to 60k or so.

I can't perfectly recall.

10 Likes

Re: How To Get A Government Approval To Own A "STREET" by Adonis3: 7:19am On Jan 18, 2017
Nnn
Re: How To Get A Government Approval To Own A "STREET" by seguno2: 7:19am On Jan 18, 2017
You can't and you don't OWN a street.
You only have the street named after you and/or in your honour.
Big difference.

1 Like

Re: How To Get A Government Approval To Own A "STREET" by Teenaira: 7:19am On Jan 18, 2017
When almost everybody is trying to run out of the country due to the hardship !!! Abi you are one of them ?
Re: How To Get A Government Approval To Own A "STREET" by neweraomo: 7:23am On Jan 18, 2017
you wanna own a street? hmmmmm undecided
Re: How To Get A Government Approval To Own A "STREET" by jeeqaa7(m): 7:25am On Jan 18, 2017
Email me

(1) (2) (Reply)

Building Detached Duplexes In Lekki (new Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) / Building Collapse:Causes, Prevention And Remedies / The Flourish Apartments And Terraces Ochid Rd. A Beautiful Abode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.