Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,962 members, 7,806,780 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:48 PM

Rivers Assembly: APC Members Stage Walkout Over Imposition Of Minority Leader - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers Assembly: APC Members Stage Walkout Over Imposition Of Minority Leader (17163 Views)

Reps Hail Dogara, Onyema; Call Gbajabiamila 'Minority Leader' / PDP Can’t Continue With ‘imposition Of Candidates’ — David Mark / PDP Bot Kicks As Governors Plan Imposition Of Another Chairman - Tribune (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers Assembly: APC Members Stage Walkout Over Imposition Of Minority Leader by APCmyheart(m): 1:51pm On Jan 18, 2017
kcnwaigbo:

my dear no such thing will happen

But it happen in 2013, Well let's wait and see things goes same way and see it happen..
Re: Rivers Assembly: APC Members Stage Walkout Over Imposition Of Minority Leader by APCmyheart(m): 1:52pm On Jan 18, 2017
DonCortino:

Then this one is called ' I get power pass u' and its allowed in nigerian politics grin

Hmmm since you don't know about politics and constitution you can keep twisting it..
Re: Rivers Assembly: APC Members Stage Walkout Over Imposition Of Minority Leader by DonCortino: 2:17pm On Jan 18, 2017
APCmyheart:

Hmmm since you don't know about politics and constitution you can keep twisting it..

If apc twist the constitution is wooing if pdp does so its birch of d kwanstitution. Mr polithiefcian! tongue
Re: Rivers Assembly: APC Members Stage Walkout Over Imposition Of Minority Leader by APCmyheart(m): 2:23pm On Jan 18, 2017
DonCortino:

If apc twist the constitution is wooing if pdp does so its birch of d kwanstitution. Mr polithiefcian! tongue

Maybe you need to get copy of constitution..

If there is dispute in one party, Officer holder can decamp..
Re: Rivers Assembly: APC Members Stage Walkout Over Imposition Of Minority Leader by DonCortino: 2:45pm On Jan 18, 2017
APCmyheart:

Maybe you need to get copy of constitution..

If there is dispute in one party, Officer holder can decamp..

Those crook threatened him. I don't know where threatening, bullying became part of our constitution.
Re: Rivers Assembly: APC Members Stage Walkout Over Imposition Of Minority Leader by APCmyheart(m): 2:49pm On Jan 18, 2017
DonCortino:

Those crook threatened him. I don't know where threatening, bullying became part of our constitution.

When is advising someone to safe him of impeachment turn threatening?
Re: Rivers Assembly: APC Members Stage Walkout Over Imposition Of Minority Leader by DonCortino: 3:16pm On Jan 18, 2017
APCmyheart:

When is advising someone to safe him of impeachment turn threatening?
Advice? Hehehehehe

You are a learner!
Re: Rivers Assembly: APC Members Stage Walkout Over Imposition Of Minority Leader by APCmyheart(m): 3:24pm On Jan 18, 2017
DonCortino:

Advice? Hehehehehe

You are a learner!

copied..
Re: Rivers Assembly: APC Members Stage Walkout Over Imposition Of Minority Leader by Tinubutoto: 4:43pm On Jan 18, 2017
agabusta:

And you are still turning logic on its head. Why not tell me where in the entire country that this has happened before now, that it is an opposing party that chooses a leader for the other party just because they are in majority?? It is only in Rivers such desperate and uncouth politics always raises its ugly head.

By your argument, you are already setting a dangerous precedence which will be used to distort democracy at the different parliaments. The position of Majority Leader and Minority Leader are the prerogatives for the caucus they are to lead.

If this is made to stand, it will usher in a different regime, where the majority party in any parliament (either at state or federal level) chooses whoever they want as the minority Leader of the opposition party.
What happened in Plateau when the minority elected the speaker from apc against the majority pdp? Hypocrisy, then you called it politics I guess?
Re: Rivers Assembly: APC Members Stage Walkout Over Imposition Of Minority Leader by BraniacX(m): 6:03pm On Jan 18, 2017
Re: Rivers Assembly: APC Members Stage Walkout Over Imposition Of Minority Leader by Tinubutoto: 7:16pm On Jan 18, 2017
chidi4eze:
Please read the house standing rules and make u submission..Mine is from this PDP is wrong and won't stand
From what u posted, how is pdp wrong? the rules say "be elected among the minority" and was silent as to who shall elect him. PDP never elected one of their own but voted as the rule is silent as to who and who should vote the minority leader but only restrict it to the party.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Manufacturers Relocating From Delta State To Edo State Due To Obaseki Reforms / Osinbajo Takes Campaign To Ijebu-ode, Meets Awujale, Others - Photos / Ibrahim Tanko Warns That Disobeying Court Orders Will Attract Grave Consequences

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.