Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,000 members, 7,806,913 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:48 AM

Toyota Yaris Does Not Accelerate And Shakes On A/C - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Toyota Yaris Does Not Accelerate And Shakes On A/C (516 Views)

Sold!!!Registered Toyota Yaris 08:800k. / When The Brake Shakes On Freeway But Not On Street Road / Toks Toyota Yaris 2007 Model Super Clean. @ 2.1m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Yaris Does Not Accelerate And Shakes On A/C by spora(m): 2:35pm On Jan 18, 2017
I have a 2008 Toyota Yaris that I bought in 2010. The car developed this issue about 2 years ago to which I have spent a lot without any solution:

1. If I press the brake while I motion, it takes a lot of time to pick up speed again when I decided to accelerate again.
2. I will have to press the accelerator to the highest level before it picks up, only to repeat No. 1 above again.
3. If I put on the AC, most times it works. Most times, the car will start vibrating until I am forced to put off the AC. The AC will also start blowing hot.
4. If I am unfortunate to enter "hold-up", the car will be vibrating so vigorously. It also off itself intermittently, which necessitates re-starting everytime.

I have spent a lot on it including taking it to auto-garages for scanning and repairs. I have changed practically everything, including fuel pump, filter, plugs, IC, coil etc etc.

I will be glad to get professional recommendation here.
Re: Toyota Yaris Does Not Accelerate And Shakes On A/C by tolugar: 2:58pm On Jan 18, 2017
Sensor
Plug wire or plug
Re: Toyota Yaris Does Not Accelerate And Shakes On A/C by Sigario: 3:16pm On Jan 18, 2017
What did the scanning result say? If you have the report showing fault coses its would be easier to give you advise. It could be something as simple as a sensor causing the problem.

spora:
I have a 2008 Toyota Yaris that I bought in 2010. The car developed this issue about 2 years ago to which I have spent a lot without any solution:

1. If I press the brake while I motion, it takes a lot of time to pick up speed again when I decided to accelerate again.
2. I will have to press the accelerator to the highest level before it picks up, only to repeat No. 1 above again.
3. If I put on the AC, most times it works. Most times, the car will start vibrating until I am forced to put off the AC. The AC will also start blowing hot.
4. If I am unfortunate to enter "hold-up", the car will be vibrating so vigorously. It also off itself intermittently, which necessitates re-starting everytime.

I have spent a lot on it including taking it to auto-garages for scanning and repairs. I have changed practically everything, including fuel pump, filter, plugs, IC, coil etc etc.

I will be glad to get professional recommendation here.

(1) (Reply)

For Sale:- 2011/2012 Lexus Rx350 Awd **usa Direct** @ 8.6m SOLD OFF!!! / !!!!! TOYOTA 4-RUNNER 2010!!!! In EXCELLENT Condition Just Like Brand New / Registered Hyuandai Sonata

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.