Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,360 members, 7,800,729 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:03 AM

Extremely Slow Laptop - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Extremely Slow Laptop (1053 Views)

10 Reasons Your Computer Is Frustratingly Slow And What To Do About It / D.I Printing & I.D Card Printing at Extremely low rate / Please Help With My Slow Laptop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Extremely Slow Laptop by Datevilme: 5:24pm On Jan 18, 2017
Hello Guys, So my laptop has been extremely slow and almost impossible to use of recent, i have restored it severally to factory settings, yet it still has the same problem.

I tried running a disk check, it gets to a certain point and just remains there, i actually left it for like 2 days, yet it didnt progress.

I suspect that the hard drive is bad, i just need confirmation from the gurus here.

It originally came with windows 7, i upgraded to 8, and 10 respectively over the years (Been using it since 2013). The problem started while i was on windows 10, although i have restored it back to windows 7, all in a bid to fix it.
Re: Extremely Slow Laptop by sotall(m): 5:50pm On Jan 18, 2017
so you hreverted back to windows 7 and your system is still slow!
Your hard hard drive is the next culprit. Change to another hard drive and see the difference.
Re: Extremely Slow Laptop by Datevilme: 6:39pm On Jan 18, 2017
sotall:
so you hreverted back to windows 7 and your system is still slow!
Your hard hard drive is the next culprit. Change to another hard drive and see the difference.

Like how much will a 500gb hard drive cost me to replace.
Re: Extremely Slow Laptop by sotall(m): 7:01pm On Jan 18, 2017
Datevilme:

Like how much will a 500gb hard drive cost me to replace.
budget 18k for a new one.

if you are in Lagos, I have a used one for sale . whatsapp or call me on 08164685979
Re: Extremely Slow Laptop by Datevilme: 7:45pm On Jan 18, 2017
D

(1) (Reply)

5 Units Of Microsoft Home And Business For Sale At 45k Each - 08029730059 / Dell Vostro Scrap For Sale / Opera’s PC Browser Now Features Quick Access To Messenger, Whatsapp And Telegram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.