Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,836 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:27 AM

Commissioner’s Driver Remanded For Beating FRSC Officials (pic) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Commissioner’s Driver Remanded For Beating FRSC Officials (pic) (19488 Views)

Jewish Worshipers Arrested At Nnamdi Kanu's Home Remanded In Prison. Photos / Senator Nwaoboshi, Remanded For N322m, Gets Bail / Samuel Melaye, Dino Melaye’s Brother, Docked, Remanded In Prison For Obstruction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Commissioner’s Driver Remanded For Beating FRSC Officials (pic) by Islie: 7:16am On Jan 19, 2017
Mudiaga Affe, Calabar

A driver attached to the Cross River State Commissioner for Commerce and Industry, Calistus Okune, was on Wednesday remanded in the Afokang Prison in Calabar for assaulting two officials of the Federal Road Safety Corps .

Okune was alleged to have acted on orders of his boss, Mr . Peter Egba, after the Toyota Corolla that he was driving was impounded for several offences , including driving without using seat belt and use of fake government number plate.

The incident was said to have happened in front of a magistrate , who presided over cases of traffic offences , during a mobile court session facilitated by the FRSC.

While one of the affected FRSC officials was beaten up and had his uniforms torn by the aggrieved driver, the other had a deep cut in his head .

One of the assaulted FRSC officials , Fidelis Eteng, who spoke with PUNCH Metro , said trouble started after he had impounded the vehicle for the offences.

According to him , the commissioner rushed to the scene shortly after the vehicle was impounded and in the course of argument, he ( commissioner) gave an order to the driver and others to “ deal with ” those responsible for the seizure.

He said , “ We stopped the vehicle first when we noticed that he ( Okune) was driving without using a seat belt. Later , we had to impound it on discovering that it bore a fake government number plate. The driver also had no driving licence . We immediately took the car to the mobile court arena where he was booked .

“ Shortly afterwards , the commissioner came and started ranting.

“ He said he was going to ensure that those involved would be sacked. It was while the argument was on that he ordered Okune to assault me . The commissioner himself later joined in the beating and also used stone to injure a colleague in the head . ”

Angered by the disregard for judicial authority on duty , the sitting magistrate , Dorothy Duke , ordered that the driver be remanded in Afokang Prison until February 3, when the case would be heard.

Officials at the state Ministry of Justice were said to be angered by the development as the wife of the commissioner , who is a cousin to the magistrate , was said to have appeared on the scene and also confronted the magistrate .

The state Sector Commander , Mr . Ikechukwu Igwe, who condemned the action, said he had notified the Ministry of Justice and the Commissioner of Police of the development.

Igwe also showed PUNCH Metro letters already written to the state government over the flagrant use of fake government number plates on private vehicles owned by top officials .

Egba , however , denied giving order to his driver to assault any FRSC official.

“ I went to the scene immediately because my little boy was in the vehicle. I was polite when I approached them ; but before I knew it, they started pointing their fingers into my eyes and it was at that point that my driver intervened and a fight broke out. They actually tried to beat me up , ” he said.

http://punchng.com/commissioners-driver-remanded-beating-frsc-officials/

Re: Commissioner’s Driver Remanded For Beating FRSC Officials (pic) by Florblu(f): 7:20am On Jan 19, 2017
But did the commissioner told them he is a constituted anthority and that Constituted authorities are unquestionable?

Wolves in human clothing.

20 Likes

Re: Commissioner’s Driver Remanded For Beating FRSC Officials (pic) by sarrki(m): 8:07am On Jan 19, 2017
Power drunk politicians everywhere

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Commissioner’s Driver Remanded For Beating FRSC Officials (pic) by bazzyblings: 8:58am On Jan 19, 2017
; he wan show oga say he be both driver and body guard , let's watch as oga appoints new. Driver ..my peopleperish for lack of knowledge....smh

2 Likes

Re: Commissioner’s Driver Remanded For Beating FRSC Officials (pic) by Noblesoul123: 8:58am On Jan 19, 2017
Impunity!

Impunity!!

Impunity!!!

This nonsense will destroy the country if its not checked.

Public servants must never be allowed to think that they can do anything and get away with it.

Imagine a driver assaulting people on duty without any qualms.

We even saw a disgraceful video recently involving the Oyo state governor and students of Lautech.

In fact, ......

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Commissioner’s Driver Remanded For Beating FRSC Officials (pic) by teamsynergy: 8:59am On Jan 19, 2017
useless scum
Re: Commissioner’s Driver Remanded For Beating FRSC Officials (pic) by cassyrooy(m): 8:59am On Jan 19, 2017
Imagine just a driver?? Acting like he's something, well his "Ogas gave are his role models.
Re: Commissioner’s Driver Remanded For Beating FRSC Officials (pic) by daewoorazer(m): 9:00am On Jan 19, 2017
Big for nothing buffalo....see your back for ground.

Buhari wey u fit handle dey there, u dey fight agbero polithiefian. Heeeee goaaaaat!

1 Like

Re: Commissioner’s Driver Remanded For Beating FRSC Officials (pic) by refreshrate: 9:00am On Jan 19, 2017
Osaibande take note
Re: Commissioner’s Driver Remanded For Beating FRSC Officials (pic) by hmuhammad(m): 9:00am On Jan 19, 2017
The driver should atleast have little respect for constituted authority, no matter what
Re: Commissioner’s Driver Remanded For Beating FRSC Officials (pic) by gragraboy: 9:01am On Jan 19, 2017
MMM
Re: Commissioner’s Driver Remanded For Beating FRSC Officials (pic) by johnamedu: 9:01am On Jan 19, 2017
Oh boy, this this na serious issueso.
Re: Commissioner’s Driver Remanded For Beating FRSC Officials (pic) by sheguy(m): 9:01am On Jan 19, 2017
hmmm, driver also power drunk.
Re: Commissioner’s Driver Remanded For Beating FRSC Officials (pic) by Ayoswit(f): 9:01am On Jan 19, 2017
OK nah
Re: Commissioner’s Driver Remanded For Beating FRSC Officials (pic) by Nobody: 9:02am On Jan 19, 2017
I think people should b mindful of their actions in public cos this social media age ain't joking... See as the driver throway him boot abi sandal

1 Like

Re: Commissioner’s Driver Remanded For Beating FRSC Officials (pic) by Handsomebeing(m): 9:02am On Jan 19, 2017
No difference between oga and driver... Oga dey thief, driver dey fight
Re: Commissioner’s Driver Remanded For Beating FRSC Officials (pic) by Nobody: 9:02am On Jan 19, 2017
stvpid road safety people, so many of them on the road causing more distractions than necessary, an organisation that has lost its relevance, only concerned abt collecting fines, we need ""A beat a road safety officer day"

3 Likes

Re: Commissioner’s Driver Remanded For Beating FRSC Officials (pic) by Paschal55(m): 9:02am On Jan 19, 2017
Naija I hail thee.
Re: Commissioner’s Driver Remanded For Beating FRSC Officials (pic) by datola: 9:03am On Jan 19, 2017
sarrki:
Power drunk politicians everywhere

A mere commissioner and his driver are also constituted authorities like their area father at Oyo State Government House?
Re: Commissioner’s Driver Remanded For Beating FRSC Officials (pic) by henrydadon(m): 9:03am On Jan 19, 2017
this is nigeria so am not surprise

my only dream and aspirations right now is to leave this country ....

there is simply no hope for this country
Re: Commissioner’s Driver Remanded For Beating FRSC Officials (pic) by nabegibeg: 9:03am On Jan 19, 2017
Common driver is now about the law
Re: Commissioner’s Driver Remanded For Beating FRSC Officials (pic) by adioolayi(m): 9:03am On Jan 19, 2017
Florblu:
But did the commissioner told them he is a constituted anthority and that Constituted authorities are unquestionable?

I don't get this? Constituted authority unquestionable says who?
Re: Commissioner’s Driver Remanded For Beating FRSC Officials (pic) by MemeTroll: 9:03am On Jan 19, 2017
Florblu:

this your grammar makes it hard to understand
Re: Commissioner’s Driver Remanded For Beating FRSC Officials (pic) by helphelp: 9:04am On Jan 19, 2017
Well well well

I'll pass on this one
Re: Commissioner’s Driver Remanded For Beating FRSC Officials (pic) by engrfcuksmtin(m): 9:04am On Jan 19, 2017
Imagine jailing a constituted authority! Cos everything around somebody in power is constituted authority...including their dog..lol
Re: Commissioner’s Driver Remanded For Beating FRSC Officials (pic) by Evergreen4(m): 9:06am On Jan 19, 2017
The driver just entered one chance. I wish him a happy stay in the prison. I strongly believe that Mr commissioner must have appointed another driver to replace him.
Re: Commissioner’s Driver Remanded For Beating FRSC Officials (pic) by Nobody: 9:07am On Jan 19, 2017
MAVRODIAL DRIVER
Re: Commissioner’s Driver Remanded For Beating FRSC Officials (pic) by DEBUCHMANNY: 9:08am On Jan 19, 2017
That's how we use power! Even the commissioner's wife had the effrontry to talk just because 'we are in power'
Re: Commissioner’s Driver Remanded For Beating FRSC Officials (pic) by soberdrunk(m): 9:08am On Jan 19, 2017
grin grin cheesy.... This is a case of "power jam power"!
Re: Commissioner’s Driver Remanded For Beating FRSC Officials (pic) by HAH: 9:08am On Jan 19, 2017
Though I don't condone such act, I doubt if the narration from FRSC is true

1 Like

Re: Commissioner’s Driver Remanded For Beating FRSC Officials (pic) by greatwhite(m): 9:09am On Jan 19, 2017
undecided
Re: Commissioner’s Driver Remanded For Beating FRSC Officials (pic) by Royalfurnitures: 9:15am On Jan 19, 2017
He believe he has oga on top that's his confidence

Pls check out my signature for quality and durable furniture

(1) (2) (Reply)

2019: Obasanjo In Closed-door Meeting With Afenifere / N10 Per Litre Sugar Tax: Nigerians To Pay More For Beverages / Fashola, Ambode Address Retreat For New Lagos State Commissioners (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.