Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:47 AM

Finally; Wole Soyinka Confirms He Destroyed His Green Card. - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Finally; Wole Soyinka Confirms He Destroyed His Green Card. (22811 Views)

Wole Soyinka Battled With Prostate Cancer / US Poll: Wole Soyinka Trends On Twitter For Saying He'll Destroy His Green Card / Wole Soyinka: "I Will Tear My Green Card If Donald Trump Wins" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Finally; Wole Soyinka Confirms He Destroyed His Green Card. by Ikigia: 10:38am On Jan 19, 2017
I will believe this 4 years from now
Re: Finally; Wole Soyinka Confirms He Destroyed His Green Card. by Firefire(m): 10:39am On Jan 19, 2017
BeClever:
This man is criminally smart and since he see Nigerians as fools, (which I don't quite blame him because we have been fooling around for a while now, even voted and cheered a murderous and certificateless criminal as our President) he has been toying with our collective intelligence.

If he doesn't have a video of him doing the did, he should select the warmest part of the abbess and take his everlasting rest..

I think his greyhair has tangled some vital elements/areas of his brain leaving a mirage of Soyinka we used to know..

The Prof. is a professional liar. Video evidence or he should go to hell...

1 Like

Re: Finally; Wole Soyinka Confirms He Destroyed His Green Card. by lordizak(m): 10:40am On Jan 19, 2017
lovat:
I respect him for walking his talk.

I love Trump but i respect people wishes.

Buhari can't get a love from my shadow not to talk of me

Your love does not win elections.
Re: Finally; Wole Soyinka Confirms He Destroyed His Green Card. by OBAGADAFFI: 10:42am On Jan 19, 2017
BeClever:
This man is criminally smart and since he see Nigerians as fools, (which I don't quite blame him because we have been fooling around for a while now, even voted and cheered a murderous and certificateless criminal as our President) he has been toying with our collective intelligence.

If he doesn't have a video of him doing the did, he should select the warmest part of the abbess and take his everlasting rest..

I think his greyhair has tangled some vital elements/areas of his brain leaving a mirage of Soyinka we used to know..

grin grin grin grin
Re: Finally; Wole Soyinka Confirms He Destroyed His Green Card. by kolaish(m): 10:45am On Jan 19, 2017
Though I am not one of his fan, I give kudos and respect to him for honouring his words. I don't know why some nairalanders are demanding for pix of the torn passport! What is so special about America? There are a lot of countries in the world that are safer and more beautiful to live and work than America.

1 Like

Re: Finally; Wole Soyinka Confirms He Destroyed His Green Card. by Nobody: 10:47am On Jan 19, 2017
Guys, he didn't physically destroy the card.

Any green card holder that stays outside the USA for more than 6 months of the year automatically loses the protection of the green card.

He's crafty.

1 Like

Re: Finally; Wole Soyinka Confirms He Destroyed His Green Card. by Nobody: 10:48am On Jan 19, 2017
kolaish:
Though I am not one of his fan, I give kudos and respect to him for honouring his words. I don't know why some nairalanders are demanding for pix of the torn passport! What is so special about America? There are a lot of countries in the world that are safer and more beautiful to live and work than America.

Keep stroking yourself.
Re: Finally; Wole Soyinka Confirms He Destroyed His Green Card. by morbeta(m): 10:53am On Jan 19, 2017
It's simple, get oluwale greencard and destroy it.
Re: Finally; Wole Soyinka Confirms He Destroyed His Green Card. by edey2real: 10:55am On Jan 19, 2017
XXLDICK:

But he doesn't care if you believe it or not.

I don't give a hoot either if he tear it or not. He should stop disturbing us with his green card wahala that's my point.
Re: Finally; Wole Soyinka Confirms He Destroyed His Green Card. by jege07(m): 10:55am On Jan 19, 2017
smh

Re: Finally; Wole Soyinka Confirms He Destroyed His Green Card. by nwakibie3(m): 10:55am On Jan 19, 2017
T
Re: Finally; Wole Soyinka Confirms He Destroyed His Green Card. by sammyj: 11:04am On Jan 19, 2017
He please provide us with Video evidence abeg !!!
Re: Finally; Wole Soyinka Confirms He Destroyed His Green Card. by Eeazu: 11:08am On Jan 19, 2017
Abeg, we are tired of this green card and Wole Soyinka story. Shey, e go make the price of garri cheap?
Re: Finally; Wole Soyinka Confirms He Destroyed His Green Card. by Tonason: 11:09am On Jan 19, 2017
This people can lie, let us see the proof, the other man said he would eat bug and he did openly on camera. Let us see your own. And person that hates Trump must be a bigot, terrorist or a corrupt person.
Re: Finally; Wole Soyinka Confirms He Destroyed His Green Card. by kolaish(m): 11:10am On Jan 19, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Keep stroking yourself.
Africans living in America will understand what I am talking about. So much of racial discrimination, an average white american does not respect a blackman, beside that the crime rate is alarming compared to other white countries. I even prefer staying in canada, switzerland etc to America.
Re: Finally; Wole Soyinka Confirms He Destroyed His Green Card. by ayetroy(m): 11:11am On Jan 19, 2017
I don't think a man his age will lie about something like this. So if you don't believe it's yo business
Re: Finally; Wole Soyinka Confirms He Destroyed His Green Card. by mummyf(f): 11:20am On Jan 19, 2017
nairalanders,learn to respect your elderly ones so you can be accorded same respect when you get to their age.
The way some of you talk here makes it seem as if you have not been given any training. home and education-wise.
wether he tears his green card or not is nobody's biz.
it will not add kobo to your pocket neither will it change the value of the naira.
Face your life and do more constructive things with your time.

2 Likes

Re: Finally; Wole Soyinka Confirms He Destroyed His Green Card. by lonelydora: 11:23am On Jan 19, 2017
BeClever:

I'm just laughing at your comment.
Re: Finally; Wole Soyinka Confirms He Destroyed His Green Card. by Nobody: 11:37am On Jan 19, 2017
kolaish:
Africans living in America will understand what I am talking about. So much of racial discrimination, an average white american does not respect a blackman, beside that the crime rate is alarming compared to other white countries. I even prefer staying in canada, switzerland etc to America.

How many times has USEL denied your visa application? grin
Re: Finally; Wole Soyinka Confirms He Destroyed His Green Card. by koms: 11:40am On Jan 19, 2017
Soyinka, who has returned to living mainly in Nigeria since Abacha died in 1998, said he had made his green card “inoperable”. He did not expand on how he had destroyed it, but said: “I don’t have strong enough fingers to tear up a green card. As long as Trump is in charge, if I absolutely have to visit the United States, I prefer to go in the queue for a regular visa with others. I’m no longer part of the society, not even as a resident.”....

so many people have eyes but can't read, may be they can read but can't comprehend. Before u rant, re-read it again.
Prof. Wole remain one the best homosapien that ever cross this country.
Re: Finally; Wole Soyinka Confirms He Destroyed His Green Card. by opribo(m): 11:43am On Jan 19, 2017
Why is he struggling to prove himself, in short...

Re: Finally; Wole Soyinka Confirms He Destroyed His Green Card. by kolaish(m): 11:50am On Jan 19, 2017
EgunMogaji:

How many times has USEL denied your visa application? grin
non. Have been there twice on vacation.
Re: Finally; Wole Soyinka Confirms He Destroyed His Green Card. by solidman59(m): 12:11pm On Jan 19, 2017
BeClever:

Guy you have really cracked me up today. Thank you
Re: Finally; Wole Soyinka Confirms He Destroyed His Green Card. by otumopkor(m): 12:15pm On Jan 19, 2017
How did his green card help Nigerians survive recession or oppression or poverty even. How?
Re: Finally; Wole Soyinka Confirms He Destroyed His Green Card. by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jan 19, 2017
BeClever:

grin grin grin grin
Re: Finally; Wole Soyinka Confirms He Destroyed His Green Card. by kunyeo(m): 12:52pm On Jan 19, 2017
BeClever:

One of the intriguing things about the Internet to me is the ease with which a nonentity would hide under its anonymity and heap undeserved insult on a person he is not worthy of strapping his boot!
Re: Finally; Wole Soyinka Confirms He Destroyed His Green Card. by BeClever: 1:05pm On Jan 19, 2017
kunyeo:

One of the intriguing things about the Internet to me is the ease with which a nonentity would hide under its anonymity and heap undeserved insult on a person he is not worthy of strapping his boot!

The most intriguing of it all is when a renowned nonentity feels he is capable of defending the useless ediots that have contributed in rendering their brains dead..

2 Likes

Re: Finally; Wole Soyinka Confirms He Destroyed His Green Card. by slap1(m): 2:00pm On Jan 19, 2017
If he has a house in America (which I think is very likely), what would happen to it?
Re: Finally; Wole Soyinka Confirms He Destroyed His Green Card. by vislabraye(m): 4:33pm On Jan 19, 2017
myners007:
Wole is a man of integrity. He did not eat his words and we want other highly placed Nigerians to emulate him.

Which integrity ? Let there be evidence that he destroyed it .
Re: Finally; Wole Soyinka Confirms He Destroyed His Green Card. by Rossikki: 6:05pm On Jan 19, 2017
kolaish:
They are ignorant, dumb and stupi.d slaves to white people, that's why they are insulting Soyinka for "challenging" their white masters. They are a disgrace to Africa and humanity. Worthless set of reprobates. Lost people. Imbeciles who are number 1 on earth for skin bleaching, self-hatred, and racial inferiority complex. I feel sorry for Soyinka because he spent his entire life, and risked his life fighting to liberate these animals from colonial-wrought hell and disorder. His reward is in heaven. Not among these worthless, nasty, colonised, Nigerian mental midgets.

1 Like

Re: Finally; Wole Soyinka Confirms He Destroyed His Green Card. by edibless0(m): 6:44pm On Jan 19, 2017
Shows us the destroyed card pls
Re: Finally; Wole Soyinka Confirms He Destroyed His Green Card. by CanadianNurse: 7:25pm On Jan 19, 2017
BeClever:

common sense! Tearing the green card doesn't mean anything he can get a Replacement anytime he looses his Greencard... It's just like me Tearing my drivers license or international passport..... If he really means it then he should denounce his citizenship.... Na people wey never cross airport he can fool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Trapped By Passion (18+) / Elechi Amadi And His Wife, Priye Iyalla-Amadi In Nairobi, Kenya / DESIRE 2(house On Fire) By John Mfon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.