Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,424 members, 7,781,232 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:03 AM

This Beautiful Place Is The ONLY Country In The World With No Mosquitoes - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / This Beautiful Place Is The ONLY Country In The World With No Mosquitoes (3530 Views)

Is This The Most BEAUTIFUL Place In Nigeria? / The Asaba Flyover Bridge: 10 Things To Know About This Beautiful Landmark / Nigeria Ranked 5th Most Dangerous Country In The World By World Economic Forum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Beautiful Place Is The ONLY Country In The World With No Mosquitoes by klinpami(f): 11:33am On Jan 19, 2017
Believe it or not, Iceland is the only country in the world that has a zero population of mosquitoes. Imagine living in a place free of those annoying, pesky insects!

Sadly, Nigerians will never know that peace unless we all decide to move to Iceland.

According to scientists, the oceanic climate of Iceland keeps the mosquitoes at bay. Mosquitoes can breed in a variety of environments such as hot and humid climates as well as cold climatic conditions. They are even known to breed in Antarctica which is the coldest place on earth but not in Iceland. Why?

Because in Iceland, the insects get only three major freezes which thaw once a year; making it an undesirable condition for their survival.

There's another theory which suggests that it may have to do something with the chemical composition of the country's water and soil. The mosquitoes apparently can't tolerate them.

Please is there an Iceland embassy in Nigeria? I need to move to this country. At least i can take perfect selfie pictures in the evening with my itel S31 without being disturbed by pesky mosquitoes.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Beautiful Place Is The ONLY Country In The World With No Mosquitoes by klinpami(f): 11:34am On Jan 19, 2017
Photo Credit: ICELAND PRO CRUISES

Re: This Beautiful Place Is The ONLY Country In The World With No Mosquitoes by klinpami(f): 11:36am On Jan 19, 2017
Hello Freiburger and lalasticlala, hope this topic is in the appropriate session? If not, kindly move it to the right position
Re: This Beautiful Place Is The ONLY Country In The World With No Mosquitoes by Nobody: 11:44am On Jan 19, 2017
Since it's about Mosquito, Lalasticlala might not push this to FP.

Sister, write about snake next time. I can guarantee you of Lalasticlala endorsement

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Beautiful Place Is The ONLY Country In The World With No Mosquitoes by klinpami(f): 11:46am On Jan 19, 2017
EastGold:
Since it's about Mosquito, Lalasticlala might not push this to FP.

[b]Brother, [/b]write about snake next time. I can guarantee you of Lalasticlala endorsement

brother??
Re: This Beautiful Place Is The ONLY Country In The World With No Mosquitoes by Nobody: 11:53am On Jan 19, 2017
klinpami:

brother??

I have corrected that.

Thanks 4 d correction.
Re: This Beautiful Place Is The ONLY Country In The World With No Mosquitoes by ikp120(m): 11:57am On Jan 19, 2017
Lolzzz grin grin grin

This is really cool. Kudos babe!

1 Like

Re: This Beautiful Place Is The ONLY Country In The World With No Mosquitoes by klinpami(f): 11:58am On Jan 19, 2017
EastGold:

I have corrected that.

Thanks 4 d correction.

Just pulling your legs cheesy. So Nairaland oga like snakes?? shocked shocked
Re: This Beautiful Place Is The ONLY Country In The World With No Mosquitoes by starlife30(m): 12:08pm On Jan 19, 2017
Lucky Icelanders! Makes a really strong argument for moving there.
Re: This Beautiful Place Is The ONLY Country In The World With No Mosquitoes by starlife30(m): 12:09pm On Jan 19, 2017
klinpami:
Believe it or not, Iceland is the only country in the world that has a zero population of mosquitoes. Imagine living in a place free of those annoying, pesky insects!

Sadly, Nigerians will never know that peace unless we all decide to move to Iceland.

According to scientists, the oceanic climate of Iceland keeps the mosquitoes at bay. Mosquitoes can breed in a variety of environments such as hot and humid climates as well as cold climatic conditions. They are even known to breed in Antarctica which is the coldest place on earth but not in Iceland. Why?

Because in Iceland, the insects get only three major freezes which thaw once a year; making it an undesirable condition for their survival.

There's another theory which suggests that it may have to do something with the chemical composition of the country's water and soil. The mosquitoes apparently can't tolerate them.

Please is there an Iceland embassy in Nigeria? I need to move to this country. At least i can take perfect selfie pictures in the evening with my itel S31 without being disturbed by pesky mosquitoes.

babe, i can take you there
Re: This Beautiful Place Is The ONLY Country In The World With No Mosquitoes by klinpami(f): 12:19pm On Jan 19, 2017
starlife30:

babe, i can take you there
I am ready. What are you waiting for? wink
Re: This Beautiful Place Is The ONLY Country In The World With No Mosquitoes by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jan 19, 2017
klinpami:

Just pulling your legs cheesy. So Nairaland oga like snakes?? shocked shocked

En en now smiley
Re: This Beautiful Place Is The ONLY Country In The World With No Mosquitoes by klinpami(f): 12:22pm On Jan 19, 2017
EastGold:

En en now smiley
See you. lalasticlala would soon ban you
Re: This Beautiful Place Is The ONLY Country In The World With No Mosquitoes by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jan 19, 2017
klinpami:

See you. lalasticlala would soon ban you

Reply my mail
Re: This Beautiful Place Is The ONLY Country In The World With No Mosquitoes by klinpami(f): 12:32pm On Jan 19, 2017
EastGold:

Reply my mail

Replied sir
Re: This Beautiful Place Is The ONLY Country In The World With No Mosquitoes by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jan 19, 2017
WOULDN'T they freeze in Antarctica? undecided
Re: This Beautiful Place Is The ONLY Country In The World With No Mosquitoes by klinpami(f): 2:24pm On Jan 19, 2017
Muafrika2:
WOULDN'T they freeze in Antarctica? undecided
some spices of mosquitoes survive in Antarctica
Re: This Beautiful Place Is The ONLY Country In The World With No Mosquitoes by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jan 19, 2017
klinpami:

some spices of mosquitoes survive in Antarctica
I'd like to know how. That tiny body would just need two seconds in 0° temperature to turn into ice
Re: This Beautiful Place Is The ONLY Country In The World With No Mosquitoes by klinpami(f): 2:40pm On Jan 19, 2017
Muafrika2:

I'd like to know how. That tiny body would just need two seconds in 0° temperature to turn into ice
South Georgia which is part of the Falklands in Antarctica have these midges in sufficient quantity.
Re: This Beautiful Place Is The ONLY Country In The World With No Mosquitoes by starlife30(m): 3:40pm On Jan 19, 2017
klinpami:

I am ready. What are you waiting for? wink

check your email please
Re: This Beautiful Place Is The ONLY Country In The World With No Mosquitoes by starlife30(m): 3:41pm On Jan 19, 2017
klinpami:

South Georgia which is part of the Falklands in Antarctica have these midges in sufficient quantity.
The Falklands is technically not Antarctica
Re: This Beautiful Place Is The ONLY Country In The World With No Mosquitoes by klinro(m): 9:02am On Jan 29, 2017
starlife30:

check your email please

cheesy cheesy
Re: This Beautiful Place Is The ONLY Country In The World With No Mosquitoes by Oscarpraise(m): 4:44pm On Jan 30, 2017
Over here at obudu cattle ranch in cross river, with my itel S31 for great selfies, I would still enjoy my holidays.

1 Like

Re: This Beautiful Place Is The ONLY Country In The World With No Mosquitoes by starlife30(m): 8:35pm On Feb 01, 2017
Oscarpraise:
Over here at obudu cattle ranch in cross river, with my itel S31 for great selfies, I would still enjoy my holidays.

How much would it cost to have a good vacation in Obudu cattle ranch?
Re: This Beautiful Place Is The ONLY Country In The World With No Mosquitoes by Danielnino00(m): 8:26am On Feb 02, 2017
Point is,Nigeria isn't located on the Antarctic....

abi make we drag Nigeria to the Antarctic??
Re: This Beautiful Place Is The ONLY Country In The World With No Mosquitoes by klinro(m): 8:17pm On Feb 23, 2017
Danielnino00:
Point is,Nigeria isn't located on the Antarctic....

abi make we drag Nigeria to the Antarctic??

Drag Nigeria if you can
Re: This Beautiful Place Is The ONLY Country In The World With No Mosquitoes by klinpami(f): 9:32am On May 10, 2018
starlife30:

The Falklands is technically not Antarctica

Well, you have a point
Re: This Beautiful Place Is The ONLY Country In The World With No Mosquitoes by tck2000(m): 11:21pm On Oct 10, 2019
noted

(1) (Reply)

/ South Arfrica Help / Onitsha The Ancient Beautiful City (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.