Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,809 members, 7,806,270 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:47 PM

Diamond Bank Charging Me Stamp Duty On Savings Account - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Diamond Bank Charging Me Stamp Duty On Savings Account (704 Views)

Another Opportunity To Shop On Savings / Reversal Of Stamp Duty Charge On Savings Accounts / Can Skrill Funds Be Withdrawn Into A Nigerian Savings Account? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Diamond Bank Charging Me Stamp Duty On Savings Account by upuphim(m): 2:04pm On Jan 19, 2017
I have account with Adeola Odeku branch of Diamond Bank with account number ending 8751. I got a debit alert for a charge of N100 described as Stamp duty charge/Sep- 2016 Time 10/01/17@5.46am. Another alert for N50 described as Stamp duty charge/Jul- 2016 Time 16/01/17@12.50pm. The last one came for N50 described as Stamp duty charge/Jul- 2016 Time 16/01/17@6.35pm. All alert came on the same day.

To the best of my knowledge, CBN Governor was only contemplating extending stamp duty to Savings Account. So I don't just know why this should apply to my Savings Account in another financial year or have Diamond Bank not closed their financial record for 2016?

Towards the end of last year, I was frustrated to closed my HIDA account at Jibowu Branch because of unnecessary debits, I hope they are not pushing me to do likewise. Guys in the house help me call Diamond Bank to order. This is not how to generate profit to be declared for year 2016.
Re: Diamond Bank Charging Me Stamp Duty On Savings Account by bigtt76(f): 2:12pm On Jan 19, 2017
Same thing I noticed too. Looks like Diamond Bank have used style to convert all Diamond Savings Extra Account to semi Current Account angry

upuphim:
I have account with Adeola Odeku branch of Diamond Bank with account number ending 8751. I got a debit alert for a charge of N100 described as Stamp duty charge/Sep- 2016 Time 10/01/17@5.46am. Another alert for N50 described as Stamp duty charge/Jul- 2016 Time 16/01/17@12.50pm. The last one came for N50 described as Stamp duty charge/Jul- 2016 Time 16/01/17@6.35pm. All alert came on the same day.

To the best of my knowledge, CBN Governor was only contemplating extending stamp duty to Savings Account. So I don't just know why this should apply to my Savings Account in another financial year or have Diamond Bank not closed their financial record for 2016?

Towards the end of last year, I was frustrated to closed my HIDA account at Jibowu Branch because of unnecessary debits, I hope they are not pushing me to do likewise. Guys in the house help me call Diamond Bank to order. This is not how to generate profit to be declared for year 2016.
Re: Diamond Bank Charging Me Stamp Duty On Savings Account by anonym0us: 4:28pm On Jan 19, 2017
Same with me

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Graduate With Two Masters Turns Party Clown / Why Igbo Men Don't Sell Suya Meat / How Can I Speak In Tongues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.