Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,801,992 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:36 AM

Nigeria Eye England U20 Striker Lookman - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Eye England U20 Striker Lookman (737 Views)

Ademola Lookman Snubs Nigeria, Pledges Future To England / Ademola Lookman Helped Everton Defeat Manchester City. PICS / Everton Signs Ademola Lookman For £11m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Eye England U20 Striker Lookman by zabadii(m): 4:15pm On Jan 19, 2017
Nigeria want to persuade 19-year-old Everton striker Ademola Lookman to play for them rather than England.

Lookman was born in England but can play for Nigeria through his parents.

He has already played for England Under-19s and U20s but can switch allegiances because he is yet to play for the senior side.

"He has Nigerian parents and we'd need to speak to him first," Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) official Bitrus Bewarang told BBC Sport.

Lookman moved to Everton from Charlton earlier this month in a deal that could eventually cost £11m.

He made a goalscoring debut in the side's 4-0 win over Manchester City on Sunday and has caught the attention of Bewarang, who succeeded the late Shaibu Amodu as NFF's technical director in July.

"I saw him against Manchester City and I was excited to see a young player of Nigerian descent shine, so I thought why not," said Bewarang.

"It is the duty of the national coach [Gernot Rohr] to invite players to the national team, but we will help him check Lookman's eligibilty."

Nigeria have previously succeeded in snapping up former England youth internationals like Sone Aluko, Victor Moses, Shola Ameobi and Alex Iwobi for the Super Eagles.

Bewerang is hoping that such an illustrious list could help convince Lookman to play for the three-time African champions.

Re: Nigeria Eye England U20 Striker Lookman by zabadii(m): 4:16pm On Jan 19, 2017
he's good

Re: Nigeria Eye England U20 Striker Lookman by Blakjewelry(m): 4:50pm On Jan 19, 2017
Good move we all the best we can take along for the world Cup
Re: Nigeria Eye England U20 Striker Lookman by Nickizoe(f): 5:39pm On Jan 19, 2017
He says his comfortable playing for his English national team....reports from Vanguard newspaper today...His not interested in Nigeria national team...
Re: Nigeria Eye England U20 Striker Lookman by Icon4s(m): 10:06am On Jan 20, 2017
zabadii:
Nigeria want to persuade 19-year-old Everton striker Ademola Lookman to play for them rather than England.

Lookman was born in England but can play for Nigeria through his parents.

He has already played for England Under-19s and U20s but can switch allegiances because he is yet to play for the senior side.

"He has Nigerian parents and we'd need to speak to him first," Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) official Bitrus Bewarang told BBC Sport.

Lookman moved to Everton from Charlton earlier this month in a deal that could eventually cost £11m.

He made a goalscoring debut in the side's 4-0 win over Manchester City on Sunday and has caught the attention of Bewarang, who succeeded the late Shaibu Amodu as NFF's technical director in July.

"I saw him against Manchester City and I was excited to see a young player of Nigerian descent shine, so I thought why not," said Bewarang.

"It is the duty of the national coach [Gernot Rohr] to invite players to the national team, but we will help him check Lookman's eligibilty."

Nigeria have previously succeeded in snapping up former England youth internationals like Sone Aluko, Victor Moses, Shola Ameobi and Alex Iwobi for the Super Eagles.

Bewerang is hoping that such an illustrious list could help convince Lookman to play for the three-time African champions.

To persuade is not just enough they should start making the moves both under-ground and on surface.
Re: Nigeria Eye England U20 Striker Lookman by pojophilius(m): 10:25am On Jan 20, 2017
he should follow moses and iwobi footstep.,kane,vardy,sturridge,are nt going to leave england soon.even rashford is waiting for his opportunity,,.

(1) (Reply)

Please Give Me Website To Check Time Of First Corner / Cristiano Ronaldo To Make ACTING Debut Alongside Angelina Jolie / Living Ronaldo's Life Isn't Easy- Ronaldo's Doppleganger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.