Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,505 members, 7,781,551 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:52 PM

The End Of Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) By Network Providers - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The End Of Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) By Network Providers (9263 Views)

The End Of Blackberry Has Finally Come / Data Plans For Different Network Providers / LTE Deployment By Network Service Provider In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The End Of Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) By Network Providers by femi4: 6:21pm On Jan 19, 2017
Finally there must be an end to everything, although we all know this would happen someday, but I must say I'm kind of emotional right now. Ever since Whatsapp and Facebook stopped their upgrade on blackberry OS, and the attempt of blackberry to sell their company, many loyal Blackberry users have upgraded to either BB10 or Android.

1. Etisalat Network:

This is what Etisalat had to say about the discontinuation of their BIS plan:
"Dear Customer, our BB service will no longer be available. You will continue to enjoy your current subscription till it expires. Thank you for choosing Etisalat." Blackberry OS is now replaced with the Android OS and now that Blackberry has stopped the production of Blackberry Classic devices, and Etisalat has taken the lead to discontinue their BIS plan, other telecommunication network will follow up soon.

2. Globacom Network:

Well, all blackberry from Blackberry OS7 and below which are; Bold, Curve, Torch, Storm, Tour, Porsche will not have access to Blackberry internet services.

This was what Glo announced about the stopping of BIS;
Dear Customer, starting December 17, 2016 BlackBerry services on your device (BBOS7 devices) will no longer be available. You can still continue to use the device to Call and Text. We request you to migrate to a BB10, Android, Windows or IOS handset to use your remaining data.
So you won't be able to access any blackberry properties like BlackBerry world, BBM, Blackberry calendar and travel apps, Blackberry hub etc will not work on BB OS 7 and below devices but you will still be able to call and text using the BBOS devices.

These are the Glo BIS data plans that will be unavailable or affected;
BlackBerry Complete weekly plan
BlackBerry Complete monthly plan
BlackBerry Absolute weekly plan
BlackBerry Absolute monthly plan
BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS)
BlackBerry Enterprise Service (BES)

3. Mobile Telecommunication Network:
Finally MTN decided to join them.This is what MTN had to say about the discontinuation of their BIS plan
Dear customer, MTN Blackberry service will be decommissioned on 27/01/2017. Please upgrade to a smartphone and enjoy 100% bonus on any data bundle purchased "

Dear customer, please note that BB service decommissioning will affect BB OS plans only(BIS,BBC). BB10 devices can still enjoy MTN data bundles. Dial *131# to buy
Re: The End Of Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) By Network Providers by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jan 19, 2017
how about data bundles...will it work if APN is changed?
Re: The End Of Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) By Network Providers by Nixiepie(f): 6:25pm On Jan 19, 2017
Chai bye bye to blackberry
Re: The End Of Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) By Network Providers by Escalze(m): 6:26pm On Jan 19, 2017
make Airtel no try play with my bb subscription oo
Re: The End Of Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) By Network Providers by femi4: 6:26pm On Jan 19, 2017
Justdulla:
how about data bundles...will it work if APN is changed?
It depends on the network you are referring to
Re: The End Of Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) By Network Providers by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jan 19, 2017
femi4:
It depends on the network you are referring to
you know some people have been using data bundles especially Glo for BB sub...
Re: The End Of Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) By Network Providers by femi4: 6:39pm On Jan 19, 2017
Justdulla:

you know some people have been using data bundles especially Glo for BB sub...
Some bis dependent apps like bbm won't work
Re: The End Of Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) By Network Providers by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jan 19, 2017
femi4:
Some bis dependent apps like bbm won't work
I just need it for gmail and yahoo mail.
I only do NL
Re: The End Of Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) By Network Providers by femi4: 6:44pm On Jan 19, 2017
Justdulla:

I just need it for gmail and yahoo mail.
I only do NL
That means you ll need third party browser cos the default browser won't work
Re: The End Of Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) By Network Providers by obinna58(m): 7:23pm On Jan 19, 2017
They are finished cheesy
Re: The End Of Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) By Network Providers by Abduletudaye(m): 9:24am On Jan 22, 2017
Uncle Femi... wink
Re: The End Of Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) By Network Providers by Rick9(m): 10:19am On Jan 22, 2017
The end
Re: The End Of Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) By Network Providers by femi4: 12:12pm On Jan 22, 2017
Abduletudaye:
Uncle Femi... wink
long time...how are you?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The End Of Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) By Network Providers by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jan 22, 2017
If Airtel tries to stop bb subscription, they will loose more customers like never before

1 Like

Re: The End Of Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) By Network Providers by Abduletudaye(m): 3:44pm On Jan 22, 2017
femi4:
long time...how are you?

Mowa jare...i cant seem to load the last page on the bb thread...

How much do you think the sprint code will cost?
Re: The End Of Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) By Network Providers by mandlau(m): 7:14am On Jul 21, 2017
A big Hi to all of you wink

Can anyone tell me which are the networks that fully support BlackBerry Internet Services (BIS) in Nigeria currently?
Re: The End Of Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) By Network Providers by femi4: 8:38am On Jul 21, 2017
mandlau:
A big Hi to all of you wink

Can anyone tell me which are the networks that fully support BlackBerry Internet Services (BIS) in Nigeria currently?
Airtel alone
Re: The End Of Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) By Network Providers by mandlau(m): 2:12pm On Jul 22, 2017
femi4:
Airtel alone
I heard that Glo & MTN also supports BIS. Isn't it?
Re: The End Of Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) By Network Providers by femi4: 3:28pm On Jul 22, 2017
mandlau:

I heard that Glo & MTN also supports BIS. Isn't it?
Not anymore
Re: The End Of Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) By Network Providers by mandlau(m): 2:25am On Jul 23, 2017
femi4:
Not anymore
Ok, thanks for the info bro smiley
Re: The End Of Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) By Network Providers by uwadiahercules: 6:33pm On Oct 15, 2018

(1) (Reply)

Anti Inadvertently Mode, Pls Help / Tecno Camon CM CA6 Hard Reset And FRP Remove / Learn How Unlock All Types Of Phone Without Stress

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.