Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,898 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:27 AM

How To Check If Your Phone Is Cloned(fake) Or Not. - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Check If Your Phone Is Cloned(fake) Or Not. (46697 Views)

Beware Of This Fake/cloned Iphone 7 Plus That Is Being Sold Online / See Why Your Infinix Phone Is Not Charging/ Not Charging Fast / How To Identify A Fake Or Original Tecno Phone And Battery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Check If Your Phone Is Cloned(fake) Or Not. by soath(m): 10:33am On Feb 04, 2017
Youngpo413:
impossible, nobody will bother to Clone an already cloned phone.
Wicked grin
Re: How To Check If Your Phone Is Cloned(fake) Or Not. by chunna08(m): 10:45am On Feb 04, 2017
mine displayed two Imei but are 15 each starting with 35 hope it not fake sha, i fit vex dash begger....lol
Re: How To Check If Your Phone Is Cloned(fake) Or Not. by MizMyColi(f): 10:50am On Feb 04, 2017
petkoffdrake2:

Coli, How will I know if you're fake or original now? sad

Meanwhile everyone, check my signature...its fun there... People are getting engaged

Original is how I roll cool
Re: How To Check If Your Phone Is Cloned(fake) Or Not. by MizMyColi(f): 10:51am On Feb 04, 2017
emeraldknytt:
It always has to be 'Tecno', Eh?

Do you have a problem with that?
Re: How To Check If Your Phone Is Cloned(fake) Or Not. by Ademoore07(m): 11:31am On Feb 04, 2017
OVA200:
I swear my phone no be fake, that code and many other code just don't work on Motorola droid ultra if you no sure make search for it and do you think Motorola phone is that easy to clone.

Then visit the site imei.info
It works for me
Re: How To Check If Your Phone Is Cloned(fake) Or Not. by wunmi590(m): 11:41am On Feb 04, 2017
femi4:
its fake....all phones use *#06# except nokia

Even my nokia lumia is also using this code
Re: How To Check If Your Phone Is Cloned(fake) Or Not. by femi4: 11:42am On Feb 04, 2017
wunmi590:

Even my nokia lumia is also using this code
Don't mind the guy...he bought fake phone and still arguing blindly
Re: How To Check If Your Phone Is Cloned(fake) Or Not. by Dandsome: 12:03pm On Feb 04, 2017
Thanks for the info but my Tecno na original
Re: How To Check If Your Phone Is Cloned(fake) Or Not. by god2good: 12:04pm On Feb 04, 2017
What of pple dt ve change their imei to get mb? U kno better
Re: How To Check If Your Phone Is Cloned(fake) Or Not. by ameh99: 12:09pm On Feb 04, 2017
*#06# works w5th iphone 6 tried it before....
Re: How To Check If Your Phone Is Cloned(fake) Or Not. by salamibigi(m): 12:38pm On Feb 04, 2017
jidxin:
so fucking wrong. ...refurbished phones enter odin mode oooo...all dz ones cannot work. ....my only observation is dat the camera is always in a zoom mode. ..its like its zoomed esp d selfie mode. den d pixel of d contents such as applications installed re usually visible
The experience iv had wit upgrading cloned phones is how I made that observation o.
Re: How To Check If Your Phone Is Cloned(fake) Or Not. by ROYALD(m): 1:20pm On Feb 04, 2017
great
Re: How To Check If Your Phone Is Cloned(fake) Or Not. by sonety2k(m): 1:21pm On Feb 04, 2017
cool
Re: How To Check If Your Phone Is Cloned(fake) Or Not. by ariksonconnect: 2:27pm On Feb 04, 2017
OVA200:
This didn't work for my phone I think because the code *#06# did not work for my phone and I copy the IMEI number from settings and type it in column and checked but it display nothing and I know my phone is not fake I can even bet my blokus on dat, the phone is Motorola droid ultra.
The code doesn't work for all phones.Most branded phones like at&t,verizon and others won't display your imei with that code. These doesn't mean your phone is fake.It's original but branded.
Re: How To Check If Your Phone Is Cloned(fake) Or Not. by saintneo(m): 2:28pm On Feb 04, 2017
Bigjagga:
Have you ever heard that someone bought an iPhone 6Plus or Samsung Galaxy S7 or any high end phone only to discover that it was fake (chinco)? It happens all the time, here's how to check if your phone is original or not.

For all phones except iPhone simply dial *#06# and a number will be displayed on your screen, if the phone is original, it will begin with 35 and it must be 15 digits in all, example 357286085471230. Some Android phones and other smart phones may not start with 35 but the digits displayed on the screen must be 15 in number. If it is greater than or less then 15, the phone is a fake phone.
Advanced method for all phones except iPhone:

Once you get the IMEI, go to Imei.info. Input your phone’s IMEI in the box and hit “CHECK.”
The system will verify the phone’s information. If it displays information different from the handset, then your handset might be fake.

Once you get the IMEI, go to "Imei.info"(without the quote). Input your phone’s IMEI in the box and hit “CHECK.”
The system will verify the phone’s information. If it displays information different from the handset, then your handset might be fake.

To check if an iPhone is original or fake get the imei ( To get an iPhone’s serial number, go to Settings > General > About phone ) and follow the steps below;

Once you get the serial number, input it here: https://selfsolve.apple.com/agreementWarrantyDynamic.do. It will check your phone’s warranty period.
If the system says “We're sorry, but this serial number is not valid. Please check your information and try again,” it is likely that your iPhone is fake.

source: http://www.fastbundle.com/2017/01/how-to-identify-original-and-fake-phone.html

My phone has two IMEI numbers both beginning with 35 and 15 digit long.
Re: How To Check If Your Phone Is Cloned(fake) Or Not. by Nobody: 3:13pm On Feb 04, 2017
Thank you very much. This is one of the most resourceful and helpful articles I have ever read online. God bless you.
Re: How To Check If Your Phone Is Cloned(fake) Or Not. by Youngpo413: 5:49pm On Feb 04, 2017
fotadmowmend:

It's very true! We now have cloned chinco phones..... I call that double wahala
lol
Re: How To Check If Your Phone Is Cloned(fake) Or Not. by OVA200(m): 6:13pm On Feb 04, 2017
Machini:

Oga, even the screenshots no gree show. lol
GLO is giving me tough time with their cripple network. HOME SCREEN

Re: How To Check If Your Phone Is Cloned(fake) Or Not. by OVA200(m): 6:16pm On Feb 04, 2017
OVA200:
GLO is giving me tough time with their cripple network. HOME SCREEN
APP MENU. All the circle apps are default app that came with the phone

Re: How To Check If Your Phone Is Cloned(fake) Or Not. by OVA200(m): 6:17pm On Feb 04, 2017
Another

Re: How To Check If Your Phone Is Cloned(fake) Or Not. by OVA200(m): 6:17pm On Feb 04, 2017
An other

Re: How To Check If Your Phone Is Cloned(fake) Or Not. by OVA200(m): 6:18pm On Feb 04, 2017
Another

Re: How To Check If Your Phone Is Cloned(fake) Or Not. by OVA200(m): 6:18pm On Feb 04, 2017
SETTINGS

Re: How To Check If Your Phone Is Cloned(fake) Or Not. by OVA200(m): 6:21pm On Feb 04, 2017
another

Re: How To Check If Your Phone Is Cloned(fake) Or Not. by OVA200(m): 6:22pm On Feb 04, 2017
another

Re: How To Check If Your Phone Is Cloned(fake) Or Not. by OVA200(m): 6:22pm On Feb 04, 2017
another

Re: How To Check If Your Phone Is Cloned(fake) Or Not. by OVA200(m): 6:23pm On Feb 04, 2017
another

Re: How To Check If Your Phone Is Cloned(fake) Or Not. by OVA200(m): 6:23pm On Feb 04, 2017
another

Re: How To Check If Your Phone Is Cloned(fake) Or Not. by OVA200(m): 6:26pm On Feb 04, 2017
ariksonconnect:
The code doesn't work for all phones.Most branded phones like at&t,verizon and others won't display your imei with that code. These doesn't mean your phone is fake.It's original but branded.
I dey tell OP something he don't know he still dey form Mr know all.
Re: How To Check If Your Phone Is Cloned(fake) Or Not. by OVA200(m): 6:28pm On Feb 04, 2017
Machini:

Oga, even the screenshots no gree show. lol
GALLERY, Only Motorola droid version dey show date in the middle of the pictures

Re: How To Check If Your Phone Is Cloned(fake) Or Not. by OVA200(m): 6:29pm On Feb 04, 2017
another

Re: How To Check If Your Phone Is Cloned(fake) Or Not. by OVA200(m): 6:31pm On Feb 04, 2017
I even confirm the phone from Motorola and OP is telling me it's fake, if Motorola confirm it to be original I don't think I need any other confirmation from any website again.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Do You Know That Infinix And Itel Phones Are Owned By Tecno Mobile / What's Your Favourite Internet Data Plan From A Nigerian Mobile Network? / More Discomfort For Nigerians As NIMC Issues Fresh Directive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.