Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,883 members, 7,802,853 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:17 PM

How Should A Christian Respond To Chain Letters? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Should A Christian Respond To Chain Letters? (11434 Views)

REVEALED: Why TB Joshua Doesn’t Respond To Critics! / Igbo Boys In Malaysia Respond To Apostle Suleman's Tithe Sermon & Yahoo Boys / I Don't Want To Marry A Christian Or Religious Person. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Should A Christian Respond To Chain Letters? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:47pm On Jan 19, 2017
Is it right or wrong for a Christian to forward a chain letter?
Re: How Should A Christian Respond To Chain Letters? by poksmahn(m): 11:52pm On Jan 19, 2017
If you know it's worth sharing, please forward it. If it's a boat load of crap, delete it. If it comes with all those things like bad luck for seven years, the block the sender

38 Likes

Re: How Should A Christian Respond To Chain Letters? by lionlamb020(m): 12:11am On Jan 20, 2017
There's no law against it now... But discretion is Paramount.. Some people will send confused messages and expect you to spread the confusion.. But God is not an author of confusion

11 Likes

Re: How Should A Christian Respond To Chain Letters? by Nobody: 12:22am On Jan 20, 2017
OLAADEGBU:
Is it right or wrong for a Christian to forward a chain letter?

I find them a bit stupid. And mostly annoying.

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Should A Christian Respond To Chain Letters? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:14am On Jan 20, 2017
poksmahn:

If you know it's worth sharing, please forward it. If it's a boat load of crap, delete it. If it comes with all those things like bad luck for seven years, the block the sender

If its worth sharing but comes with a promise of blessings if I share it am I still under any obligation to forward it? undecided

2 Likes

Re: How Should A Christian Respond To Chain Letters? by izzou(m): 7:32am On Jan 22, 2017
cheesy

Like this post and get a brand new car in 12 hours. Ignore and lipsrsealed

Op, is this what you meant? grin

10 Likes

Re: How Should A Christian Respond To Chain Letters? by Einl(m): 7:32am On Jan 22, 2017
I usually insult people who send them to me because they are stupid.

5 Likes

Re: How Should A Christian Respond To Chain Letters? by Jeromejnr(m): 7:32am On Jan 22, 2017
Trash 'em

1 Like

Re: How Should A Christian Respond To Chain Letters? by timilehing(m): 7:32am On Jan 22, 2017
Use your discretion. People becoming dumber haruharu. Smh
Re: How Should A Christian Respond To Chain Letters? by countsparrow: 7:33am On Jan 22, 2017
The most important thing is using your sense, people have so much abused this that i hardly read them when i receive...

1 Like

Re: How Should A Christian Respond To Chain Letters? by Kunleskey(m): 7:34am On Jan 22, 2017
Re: How Should A Christian Respond To Chain Letters? by gozylla: 7:34am On Jan 22, 2017
Holatunde007:
What's chain letters
me follow de ask ooo
Re: How Should A Christian Respond To Chain Letters? by kenben: 7:34am On Jan 22, 2017
Delete when you receive... And don't worry, nothing bad will happen to you.

1 Like

Re: How Should A Christian Respond To Chain Letters? by VastFinder: 7:36am On Jan 22, 2017
...and What do you mean by chain Massage?
Re: How Should A Christian Respond To Chain Letters? by Mrdecent(m): 7:40am On Jan 22, 2017
I delete instantly...
People would just sit down form some study write up and create little fear in the message so that u could send to 100 or 1000 people on your whatsapp. It's funny how educated people disturb my phone every now and then with such messages. Very embarrassing.
I always some I could challenge, so I didn't send it back to u or to 100 people would they die? And if I send it would that lift death over them?
People are not that rational honestly

7 Likes

Re: How Should A Christian Respond To Chain Letters? by benueguy(m): 7:41am On Jan 22, 2017
Soooooooooooooooooo annoying! Send this and have 7 days of blessing.. Don't send and have 7 years of misfortune

1 Like

Re: How Should A Christian Respond To Chain Letters? by marshalcarter: 7:43am On Jan 22, 2017
I do warn my contact straight up...ain't gat tym to waste mb on nonsense angry

1 Like

Re: How Should A Christian Respond To Chain Letters? by VivaDeAngelo(m): 7:45am On Jan 22, 2017
Chain letters are the various kinds of letters you will be asked to forward or share with certain number of people or your entire contacts. Usually, they come with promises of blessings when you forward or share and sometimes promises of sorrow when you ignore. Isn't that ridiculous? undecided

It is sad most people do not know our God doesn't work like that. In fact, we have to sit down and study God.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Should A Christian Respond To Chain Letters? by hopefulLandlord: 7:45am On Jan 22, 2017
Jesus is fictional, Yahweh is fake; The Flying Spaghetti Monster is the one true God

forward this to 20 of your contacts or mount Everest would leave Nepal and crush you wherever you are; Mr Idongesit thought this was a joke till he got killed by Mount Everest, his family, friends and neighbours died from that too; this is serious, save your family by sending this

2 Likes

Re: How Should A Christian Respond To Chain Letters? by fippycbk(m): 7:47am On Jan 22, 2017
That was how pastor's baby mistakenly posted "jasssghdvtyrbkhdhrvkdh" on facebook... followers started typing "Amen", "I receive it"... biko what exactly are they receiving?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Should A Christian Respond To Chain Letters? by mithras(m): 7:48am On Jan 22, 2017
People still pay attention to that rubbish?? In 2017?? sad angry angry

2 Likes

Re: How Should A Christian Respond To Chain Letters? by Horlufemi(m): 7:52am On Jan 22, 2017
Chain letters; read, laugh at it and throw it away.

It's like a pastor saying, If you want to see 2017 stand up and shout hallelujah. I'm like so if I don't say hallelujah I won't see 2017? Woot of those people that don't know you exist? They will perish?

It's bull crap

1 Like

Re: How Should A Christian Respond To Chain Letters? by Horlufemi(m): 7:53am On Jan 22, 2017
mithras:
People still pay attention to that rubbish?? In 2017?? sad angry angry

People are still way dumb
Re: How Should A Christian Respond To Chain Letters? by armadeo(m): 7:53am On Jan 22, 2017
Depends on the message.

If it's good then yes, if it's those ones that threaten you for not sharing then no.

1 Like

Re: How Should A Christian Respond To Chain Letters? by Bisjosh(f): 7:54am On Jan 22, 2017
I politely warn the sender first that i dont like it embarassed lipsrsealed

Next time, i just delete/block the person's contact tongue
Re: How Should A Christian Respond To Chain Letters? by leofab(f): 8:01am On Jan 22, 2017
Sold Nigerians are dumb as fuvck
Re: How Should A Christian Respond To Chain Letters? by elobyobi: 8:02am On Jan 22, 2017
My God doesn't threaten people to repent or share the gospel. Sharing such amounts to blasphemy. Anyone that shares it is a sinner, whatever your intentions.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Prepare Hot Hand Charm For Yahoo Boys, Tailors, Djs Etc.. / The Paintings Of Hell By A Korean Artist / The Fool Say It In His Heart That There Is A God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.