Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,860 members, 7,806,430 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:30 PM

Educate Girls, Stop Building Mosques, Sanusi Tells Northerners - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Educate Girls, Stop Building Mosques, Sanusi Tells Northerners (20461 Views)

Photos Of The Rolls-Royces In Emir Sanusi’s Garage / Emir Sanusi Returns From London, Welcomed In Style As He Arrives Kano / Emir Sanusi Appointed By UN As SDGs Advocate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Educate Girls, Stop Building Mosques, Sanusi Tells Northerners by SuperS1Panther: 1:31am On Jan 20, 2017
The Emir of Kano, Mallam Muhammad Sanusi II, on Thursday called on wealthy individuals in the North to use the wealth Allah blessed them with, not only in building mosques but to also educate girls and discourage their early marriage.

The Emir made the call on Thursday in his keynote address at the 3rd international conference on Islamic Banking and Finance, organised by the International Institute of Islamic Banking and Finance, Bayero University, Kano.

He said, “I’m just tired of people coming to me to say I want to build a new mosque. You know, we keep building mosques and our daughters are illiterates.

“So, my appeal is that if you really want to help Kano, don’t come to me with a request to build a N300m mosque because I have enough mosques everywhere. And if I don’t have a mosque, I’ll build it myself. If you really want to help, go and educate a girl child in the village.”

According to him, over 50 per cent of girls between the age bracket of 18 and 20 were given out in marriage in this part of the country.

He added that the worrisome dimension of it was that 75 per cent of them could neither read nor write.

Calling for a review of laws to prevent early marriage and encourage girl-child education, he said, “It is not a mere coincidence that this is where you have the highest levels of illiteracy, early marriage, divorce and the highest levels of domestic violence…

“People need to understand that the law has to change. If you look at the medical data on maternal health, girls who get pregnant below the age of 15 are five times as likely to die as girls who get pregnant at the age of 20. Those who get pregnant under 18 are twice as likely to die as those who get pregnant at the age of 20. So, it is important that we look at this issue of early marriage.”

http://punchng.com/educate-girls-stop-building-mosques-sanusi-tells-northerners/

53 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Educate Girls, Stop Building Mosques, Sanusi Tells Northerners by SuperS1Panther: 1:31am On Jan 20, 2017
We should only pray that paedophiles such as Yerima would listen to the presumed voice of reasoning.

88 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Educate Girls, Stop Building Mosques, Sanusi Tells Northerners by Nobody: 1:47am On Jan 20, 2017
lol.
His somewhat right.
They should invest in education as well.
Religion is good,but so I national development.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Educate Girls, Stop Building Mosques, Sanusi Tells Northerners by tizzdi(m): 1:48am On Jan 20, 2017
Coming from??....a notorious paedophile

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Educate Girls, Stop Building Mosques, Sanusi Tells Northerners by Rapmaestro(m): 1:56am On Jan 20, 2017
So that she'll end up in the other room?? It's one thing to build schools and another to implement the importance of school...

5 Likes

Re: Educate Girls, Stop Building Mosques, Sanusi Tells Northerners by innovatn4change: 1:56am On Jan 20, 2017
True that. Both has everlasting multiplier effect. After death, mosque remains. After death girl child lives on and will probably have profound effect on society and her children who will live on and have effect on the society and their children and it goes on and on. You catch the drift

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Educate Girls, Stop Building Mosques, Sanusi Tells Northerners by Nobody: 1:59am On Jan 20, 2017
True federalism is the answer to Nigeria problem

This way those who want total sharia can practice and learn for themselves whether it is best for them or not

Those who want to move forward can then move forward

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Educate Girls, Stop Building Mosques, Sanusi Tells Northerners by femolacqua(m): 2:12am On Jan 20, 2017
It's high time someone spiced them up on what is right. Rather than wasting money on things that won't yield results

2 Likes

Re: Educate Girls, Stop Building Mosques, Sanusi Tells Northerners by BlackDBagba: 2:21am On Jan 20, 2017
Where are the girls that need the education? In houses just like yours. Lead by example.

4 Likes

Re: Educate Girls, Stop Building Mosques, Sanusi Tells Northerners by FisifunKododada: 2:57am On Jan 20, 2017
cheesy he is correct but how old is Sanusi's youngest wife? cheesy

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Educate Girls, Stop Building Mosques, Sanusi Tells Northerners by Omudia11: 5:17am On Jan 20, 2017
Best news from the north so far

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Educate Girls, Stop Building Mosques, Sanusi Tells Northerners by BeeBeeOoh(m): 6:07am On Jan 20, 2017
It will be easier for an elephant to pass through the eye of a needle than the North educating her children

11 Likes

Re: Educate Girls, Stop Building Mosques, Sanusi Tells Northerners by TeleboiZ005(m): 6:18am On Jan 20, 2017
Till 2050..the norths wont understand disgrin grin grin ...

11 Likes

Re: Educate Girls, Stop Building Mosques, Sanusi Tells Northerners by Boleyndynasty2(f): 6:24am On Jan 20, 2017
Its about time the north take education seriously, not just the female but the males too. And they should change their ways of teaching the Quran, so their sons and daughters won't grow up with warped mentality to kill and destroy for their God.

16 Likes

Re: Educate Girls, Stop Building Mosques, Sanusi Tells Northerners by ZUBY77(m): 6:24am On Jan 20, 2017
Finally someone is talking.
Why not continue to keep quiet and build more mosques.

We will see where you and your tribe will be in 100 years time.
I also think the Southern Nigeria should discourage Building churches too and build more schools and industries.

Church won't take you anywhere.
It won't do a damn thing for you except enriching few criminals who steal in the name of God.

30 Likes

Re: Educate Girls, Stop Building Mosques, Sanusi Tells Northerners by olafum1(m): 6:38am On Jan 20, 2017
Sls really does make sense sometimes sha
Re: Educate Girls, Stop Building Mosques, Sanusi Tells Northerners by iambijo(m): 6:45am On Jan 20, 2017
T
Re: Educate Girls, Stop Building Mosques, Sanusi Tells Northerners by coolzeal(m): 6:59am On Jan 20, 2017
Including the alamajiris...

1 Like

Re: Educate Girls, Stop Building Mosques, Sanusi Tells Northerners by Super1Star: 7:05am On Jan 20, 2017
olafum1:
Sls really does make sense sometimes sha

Yes
Re: Educate Girls, Stop Building Mosques, Sanusi Tells Northerners by veekid(m): 9:18am On Jan 20, 2017

dem go hear?

1 Like

Re: Educate Girls, Stop Building Mosques, Sanusi Tells Northerners by Olatt2(f): 9:19am On Jan 20, 2017
First sensible thing to come from the Emir this year

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Educate Girls, Stop Building Mosques, Sanusi Tells Northerners by George2016(m): 9:19am On Jan 20, 2017
Reasonable man talking

1 Like

Re: Educate Girls, Stop Building Mosques, Sanusi Tells Northerners by curvilicious: 9:19am On Jan 20, 2017
S for Sanusi

You try for this one

2 Likes

Re: Educate Girls, Stop Building Mosques, Sanusi Tells Northerners by legendte(m): 9:20am On Jan 20, 2017
God bless Sanusi on this.

2 Likes

Re: Educate Girls, Stop Building Mosques, Sanusi Tells Northerners by Abbeyme: 9:20am On Jan 20, 2017
The first truth from the Kano caliphate

3 Likes

Re: Educate Girls, Stop Building Mosques, Sanusi Tells Northerners by Blizzy9ja: 9:20am On Jan 20, 2017
Sometime this man behaves like he has sense.

11 Likes

Re: Educate Girls, Stop Building Mosques, Sanusi Tells Northerners by 2019ATIKU(m): 9:21am On Jan 20, 2017
We dey look oooo grin[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Educate Girls, Stop Building Mosques, Sanusi Tells Northerners by curvilicious: 9:21am On Jan 20, 2017
TeleboiZ005:
Till 2050..the norths wont understand disgrin grin grin ...

Are you sure they will understand even in 2051?

9 Likes

Re: Educate Girls, Stop Building Mosques, Sanusi Tells Northerners by Blurryface(m): 9:21am On Jan 20, 2017
Re: Educate Girls, Stop Building Mosques, Sanusi Tells Northerners by 111jideofor: 9:21am On Jan 20, 2017
The accidental bombing was a result of the faulty and fake equipments that GEJ administration bought for the Airforce which is very bad.
~Lie Mohammed

3 Likes

Re: Educate Girls, Stop Building Mosques, Sanusi Tells Northerners by Okundaye4(m): 9:21am On Jan 20, 2017
How I wish they will listen

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Alaafin Of Oyo Fights For Boxing Title- The Vanguard / The Hidden History Of White Slavery! / Ooni, Alafin Of Oyo, Aregbesola, Oba Of Lagos At A Summit On Yoruba Language

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.