Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,956 members, 7,806,769 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:10 PM

Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW (36145 Views)

TCN Begins Nationwide Load-shedding As Power Generation Drops By 1087MW / Nigerians Can Now Buy And Sell Electricity (2 MW Minimum) - Fashola / Nationwide Blackout Imminent As Power Generation Falls Below 3,000MW (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW by osahonmk(m): 7:45am On Jan 20, 2017
A full system collapse occurred yesterday evening at 6.00 pm when the country power generation recorded zero MW power supply which resulted in total blackout, with average power generation crashing to 1, 618 megawatts hour (MWH), down from 2, 904 MWh generated just before the system collapsed dropping generation to zero megawatts.

This has been one of the worse performing week for the power sector as multiple system collapse were recorded this week, information obtained by Energywatchng from System Operators a branch of Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN) shows that generation level collapse to 10MW on the Sunday, 15th January. Moreover, another system collapse occurred on Monday, 16th were generation dropped to 108MW, same system collapse occurred on Wednesday when generation dropped to 42MW. However, the daily operational report from the Nigeria Electricity System Operator, an arm of the Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN), showed that nine electricity generation companies, GENCOs, sent out zero electricity to the grid.

The nine GENCOs are Gbarain, Rivers Independent Power Project, IPP, Trans Amadi, ASCO, and A.E.S. Others are Olorunsogo IPP, Ibom, Gerugu NIPP and Afam IV- V. In 2016, a similar incidence of total systems collapse happened 16 times.

“The huge debts owed for gas, and recent attacks of gas facilities are limiting supply to the power plants. For instance, an oil/gas pipeline facility blew up this week in Ughelli, Delta State and it connects critical Generation Companies (GenCos) like Ughelli, Sapele, Benin GenCos,” the official said.

http://www.energywatchng.com/total-blackout-power-generation-falls-0-mw/

3 Likes

Re: Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW by Airforce1(m): 7:47am On Jan 20, 2017
Its unfortunate that after all the trillions spent on electricity, no positive results.

for 4 days now ive been running generator yet this NEPA people expects me to pay bill for this month.

Buhari is currently enjoying 24hrs power supply in London while his country is in total darkness.

Come 2019, I will right my wrong.

311 Likes 30 Shares

Re: Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW by progress69: 7:50am On Jan 20, 2017
“The huge debts owed for gas, and recent attacks of gas facilities are limiting supply to the power plants. For instance, an oil/gas pipeline facility blew up this week in Ughelli, Delta State and it connects critical Generation Companies (GenCos) like Ughelli, Sapele, Benin GenCos,” the official said.

This is beautiful. Those elements that enjoys hunger and power shortage so as to spite Buhari and massage their demonic wish of Buhari's failure can come in here now and wail to the high heavens! you are happy when a bomb goes off on a pipe or gas line, yet you want power and a booming economy. Una never see anything, bypass metres, blow pipelines, then come here and wail grin.
The Escobars!

45 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW by luvinhubby(m): 7:54am On Jan 20, 2017
Incompetent leadership of lying hypocrites.

Nigeria has been rolled back 180 degrees by their change.

110 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW by Nobody: 7:57am On Jan 20, 2017
Nigeria can never make any meaningful progress in a democracy. Mark my words.

Will the National Assembly make an inquiry into this? Doubtful.

They are busy fighting among themselves why the president sent troops to the Gambia without their approval.

They all have automated generating plants in their residences so, no harm no foul.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW by progress69: 8:03am On Jan 20, 2017
luvinhubby:
Incompetent leadership of lying hypocrites.

my friend will you go and blow more gas lines and stop complaining?

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW by Boleyndynasty2(f): 8:09am On Jan 20, 2017
No light and When Generator is used to pump water, my neighbor ends up using the water to wash his car that he doesn't drive to anywhere. Please how do I stop him from using the water lipsrsealed undecided

105 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW by luvinhubby(m): 8:11am On Jan 20, 2017
progress69:

Suddenly you people found an excuse for failures in the power sector.

See your thread on 24hr power supply 12days ago.

https://www.nairaland.com/3557839/24-hours-uninterrupted-power-supply tongue

135 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW by Boleyndynasty2(f): 8:12am On Jan 20, 2017
progress69:

Asides from gas, aren't there other means to generate electricity abi power?

63 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW by chriskosherbal(m): 8:12am On Jan 20, 2017
I want to hear Good news please.....

1 Like

Re: Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW by Omudia11: 8:12am On Jan 20, 2017
Buhari breaking his own world record of generating 0mw of electricity. But some people would rather blame Niger Deltans like gas line bombings only started yesterday.

73 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW by Omudia11: 8:14am On Jan 20, 2017
Its not our fault you don't have gas lines to blow. Must you live off the Niger Delta?
progress69:

66 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW by Omudia11: 8:16am On Jan 20, 2017
Your neighbor uses a whole tank of water to wash his car?
Boleyndynasty2:
No light and When Generator is used to pump water, my neighbor ends up using the water to wash his car that he doesn't drive to anywhere. Please how do I stop him from using the water lipsrsealed undecided

4 Likes

Re: Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW by sinistermind(m): 8:31am On Jan 20, 2017
The second time.

1 Like

Re: Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW by Nobody: 8:32am On Jan 20, 2017
progress69:

This is beautiful. Those elements that enjoys hunger and power shortage so as to spite Buhari and massage their demonic wish of Buhari's failure can come in here now and wail to the high heavens! you are happy when a bomb goes off on a pipe or gas line, yet you want power and a booming economy. Una never see anything, bypass metres, blow pipelines, then come here and wail grin.
The Escobars!
Blah bla bla, if he is competent as you people claim let him catch the saboteurs, those bombing the pipelines, just as GEJ had no excuse, PMB has no excuse, he has failed woefully so just give it up already.

134 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW by Nobody: 8:38am On Jan 20, 2017
progress69:

The Escobars!

I thought that oil is useless and niget delta irrelevant? I thouht that u can do without oil? I tot lag has oil?

89 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW by Nobody: 8:48am On Jan 20, 2017
If I see Fashola and I no give am too hot slaps...

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW by adem30: 8:54am On Jan 20, 2017
Is the light currently in my house now came from USA?
Re: Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW by dunkem21(m): 8:58am On Jan 20, 2017
luvinhubby:

Suddenly you people found an excuse for failures in the power sector.

Take a look @ the thread the thing you quoted created just last week cheesy

https://www.nairaland.com/3557839/24-hours-uninterrupted-power-supply

9 Likes

Re: Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW by mayorchelsea(m): 9:10am On Jan 20, 2017
Wait o,the power supply of this morning that charged my phone and laptop to 100% was from which country please?Truly,power supply of recent is nothing to write home about but as for 0mw,it's a blatant lie.

7 Likes

Re: Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW by Blue3k(m): 9:12am On Jan 20, 2017
Boleyndynasty2:
Asides from gas, aren't there other means to generate electricity abi power?

Coal

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW by Eazybay(m): 9:24am On Jan 20, 2017
mayorchelsea:
Wait o,the power supply of this morning that charged my phone and laptop to 100% was from which country please?Truly,power supply of recent is nothing to write home about but as for 0mw,it's a blatant lie.

6pm yesterday bro.. There was total system shutdown. Can u read

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW by cyberguy72(m): 9:24am On Jan 20, 2017
progress69:

The Escobars!
Hahahaha i can see that u re really pained that ur Lord and Emperor DULLARDIHNO BUHARI has failed woefully.Yes we are rejoicing that he has failed.The incompetent Baboon is in London Enjoying himself while the masses are suffering.May he never return from that his Journey and may the spirit of those killed in Southern Kaduna torment him and his generation unborn.

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW by cyberguy72(m): 9:26am On Jan 20, 2017
Ioannes:
Nigeria can never make any meaningful progress in a democracy. Mark my words.

Will the National Assembly make an inquiry into this? Doubtful.

They are busy fighting among themselves why the president sent troops to the Gambia without their approval.

They all have automated generating plants in their residences so, no harm no foul.
Yes a bloody coup that would send BUBU to the world beyond

7 Likes

Re: Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW by cyberguy72(m): 9:27am On Jan 20, 2017
Boleyndynasty2:
aha u cant stop him na,and besides is it only u dat does the pumping?
Re: Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW by obailala(m): 9:28am On Jan 20, 2017
OBJ - $16 billion
GEJ - $8.5 billion
PMB - ??

Total = $24.5+ billion

Yet we still have about the most epileptic power capacity globally with maximum generation ever achieved being 5075mw. Which way Nigeria?

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW by cyberguy72(m): 9:28am On Jan 20, 2017
chriskosherbal:
I want to hear Good news please.....
But BUBU is BAD news,unless he goes bad news would continue to flow.

4 Likes

Re: Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW by idupaul: 9:28am On Jan 20, 2017
Airforce1:
Its unfortunate that after all the trillions spent on electricity, no positive results.

for 4 days now ive been running generator yet this NEPA people expects me to pay bill for this month.

Buhari is currently enjoying 24hrs power supply in London while his country is in total darkness.

Come 2019, I will right my wrong.

We must right that wrong IJN

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW by idupaul: 9:30am On Jan 20, 2017
I have never experienced poor electricity like this before

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW by COdeGenesis: 9:32am On Jan 20, 2017
Light full everywhere for UYO and pH dunno wat u saying

2 Likes

Re: Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW by obailala(m): 9:33am On Jan 20, 2017
idupaul:

We must right that wrong IJN
You tried to right thw wrong in 2015 by voting GEJ right?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Mohammed Dawuda Appointed As NIA DG By Buhari / Boy Dies In An Accident Celebrating Buhari’s Re-Election In Taraba. Graphic / Amaechi Expresses Frustration Over Failed Rivers APC Rally, Orders Another Rally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.