Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,193 members, 7,807,647 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:50 PM

History’s ‘SIX’: Official Fan Page - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / History’s ‘SIX’: Official Fan Page (3092 Views)

The Originals Official Fan Thread / Into The Badlands Official Fan Thread / Prison Break Season 5 And 24 legacy fan page (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

History’s ‘SIX’: Official Fan Page by Freciprocal: 10:02pm On Jan 20, 2017
Hey Guys!!! wink

Checkout this new series on History channel (Six)... Kindly follow and comment if you find it interesting.

STORY

SIX follows members of Navy SEAL Team Six, modern American warriors whose mission to eliminate a Taliban leader in Afghanistan goes awry when they uncover a U.S. citizen working with the terrorists. Inspired by real missions, the series authentically captures the inside world of America’s elite special forces unit, what these SEALs do, their personal lives, combat, and the life-and-death decisions they make.

See trailer below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yLrq1uFwgY
Re: History’s ‘SIX’: Official Fan Page by Freciprocal: 10:03pm On Jan 20, 2017
PILOT

History’s new military action series Six, an American hostage in Nigeria tells veteran SEAL Team commander Richard “Rip” Taggart (Walton Goggins) that his grandson views the SEALs as superheroes. Since both Rip and the hostage are in dire straits when this exchange takes place, the subtext is clear: SEALs are just flesh-and-blood human beings, flawed like everyone else. Six strains to humanize this elite team of soldiers, but the generic portraits that emerge fall well short of accomplishing that task. Worse, the series (or at least its first four episodes) shows little interest in fleshing out its villains, most of whom are stock Islamic extremists.

Created by William Broyles Jr. (screenwriter of Apollo 13 and Flags Of Our Fathers) and his son David (a military special operations vet), Six opens in 2014 Afghanistan, where Rip and his SEAL Team are tracking a terrorist named Muttaqi. Following up on a tip, the team conducts a raid on a village, where they find dead hostages and exchange fire with Taliban insurgents, two of whom turn out to be Americans. One of them escapes, but the other surrenders. Despite the fact that he is unarmed, however, Rip puts a bullet in his head.

Two years later Rip is working as a mercenary while the rest of the SEAL Team carries on without him. For the most part, they’re a crew of nearly indistinguishable white dudes with beards, but gradually their thin personality types emerge. Joe “Bear” Graves (Barry Sloane) is tough, humorless, and loyal; Alex Caulder (Kyle Schmid) is a surfer dude with a conscience; Ricky “Buddha” Ortiz (Juan Pablo Raba) is mere days from retirement, when he’s due to be replaced by Robert Chase (Edwin Hodge).

While working security for an American energy company opening a new school for girls in Nigeria as a publicity grab, Rip is taken hostage by the Boko Haram, along with the school’s teacher, a number of students, and a couple of American executives on hand for the opening. When word leaks out that the terrorists have captured a former SEAL, Michael Nasry (Dominic Adams), the brother of the American insurgent killed by Rip, plots his revenge. Back home, the SEAL Team members deal with domestic dramas even as they strategize Rip’s rescue.
Re: History’s ‘SIX’: Official Fan Page by Freciprocal: 10:07pm On Jan 20, 2017
Shots from Pilot episode cool

Re: History’s ‘SIX’: Official Fan Page by Bwaal(m): 10:06am On Jan 21, 2017
Link to download please
Re: History’s ‘SIX’: Official Fan Page by Faboosuarez(m): 12:05pm On Jan 21, 2017
D pilot episode looks promising, let's see aw it goes
Re: History’s ‘SIX’: Official Fan Page by Dontripsy(m): 3:03pm On Jan 21, 2017
link to download pls
Re: History’s ‘SIX’: Official Fan Page by Dontripsy(m): 5:13pm On Jan 21, 2017
yeah
started airing 18th january 2017
krattoss:
only episode 01 is out?
Re: History’s ‘SIX’: Official Fan Page by Meel: 6:33pm On Jan 21, 2017
krattoss:
only episode 01 is out?
yea
Re: History’s ‘SIX’: Official Fan Page by Jokerman(m): 8:19am On Jan 23, 2017
Beautiful series.... especially with the inclusion of boko haram, and places like Lagos too...
Re: History’s ‘SIX’: Official Fan Page by Nobody: 10:48am On Jan 23, 2017
For me, this movie is below average..

The acting isn't top notch..
I will give it a 5/10 rating..
Re: History’s ‘SIX’: Official Fan Page by Freciprocal: 1:58pm On Jan 27, 2017
Hey guys!!! Episode 2 is out...

Sorry for the late post, I had to wait for subtitles... Enjoy cool

cc: Meel
Dontripsy

Re: History’s ‘SIX’: Official Fan Page by Freciprocal: 2:00pm On Jan 27, 2017
krattoss:
For me, this movie is below average..

The acting isn't top notch..
I will give it a 5/10 rating..

It is funny how u can judge a series based on an episode... I salute you Sir wink
Re: History’s ‘SIX’: Official Fan Page by Meel: 2:55pm On Jan 27, 2017
Freciprocal:

cc: Meel
Dontripsy
please which site did u download it
Re: History’s ‘SIX’: Official Fan Page by JulietteO(f): 12:09am On Jan 28, 2017
Freciprocal:

cc: Meel Dontripsy
Please where did you download it along with the subtitle?
Re: History’s ‘SIX’: Official Fan Page by aztvseries: 11:41am On Jan 29, 2017
JulietteO:

Thank you so much and keep up the good work. By the way, your site looks amazing.
Thank you very much. We are here to serve and entertain
Re: History’s ‘SIX’: Official Fan Page by DEIFIED(m): 6:38pm On Feb 03, 2017
I will check out the movie, if its not interesting i will just abandone it, i cant be following a series just because they are using names of places in nigeria in it .

(1) (Reply)

Which TV Series Are You Currently Watching / Punk'd! / AIT MOVIE: Forever Yours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.