Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,878 members, 7,806,527 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:51 PM

What's The Right Size For Sellable Software? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What's The Right Size For Sellable Software? (865 Views)

Fix Error: Exceeds The Upload Maximum Size For This Site In Wordpress (ubuntu) / All You Will Ever Need To Learning Web Development The Right Way / Is Java The Right Programming Language For Me? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Right Size For Sellable Software? by kambo(m): 12:31am On Nov 28, 2009
I dont have any experience selling software.

however i wrote a utility that performs an every day useful
service to pc users.
I'd like to know if marketability is affected by size or not.

it's 70kb. The size includes comments.
this size contains all its basic functionality.

its a utility for personal computer users not for enterprises -
sth a pc user will find useful and will make him more productive
when he's using his computer or laptop.
Re: What's The Right Size For Sellable Software? by dotzok: 7:40pm On Nov 28, 2009
kambo, size does not matter at all in 'sellable' software. What matters in any software is the functionality. In fact the smaller the better; so far it suits and satisfies ur users and it is optimized. You dont have to put gabbage to bamboozle 'us' ur users

Afterall, Windows calculator is not up to 200kb and if microsoft had not bundled it in Windows many of us would have to buy it! So also notepad which was the mother web designing software.

However, real life apps would be much bigger than 70kb moreso that we're now in d age of OOP.

Regards.
Re: What's The Right Size For Sellable Software? by ABAboi: 11:41am On Nov 29, 2009
To me the size of the software somehow determines the price.
Re: What's The Right Size For Sellable Software? by Kayzor1789: 10:33am On Aug 20, 2022
Spy apps are a great way to keep an eye on your partner and make sure they don’t do anything suspicious, but we recommend you take a few simple steps before you install one of these software. For example, it is essential that you use the proper mobile device in order to access the different features that most tracking software offers on https://www.happi.io/how-to-track-someone-on-google-maps-without-them-knowing/– top models like iPhones or Android phones are usually the best option because they provide full access rights to their features.

(1) (Reply)

Help with AI / Am I Being Stalked By Nairaland? Or Is It Another Virus? / Android App Developer Needed Urgently In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.