Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,846 members, 7,806,393 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:42 PM

Fat People Now Illegal In Japan (should Be Easy To Catch) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fat People Now Illegal In Japan (should Be Easy To Catch) (3476 Views)

Rivers People Now Viewed As Barbarians That Behead Fellow Human Beings’ – APC / Not Easy To Get Evidence To Probe Diezani - Buhari / Fuel Subsidy Removal Is Now Illegal, Dogara Warns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fat People Now Illegal In Japan (should Be Easy To Catch) by donjon: 4:22am On Nov 28, 2009
In Japan, being thin is the law! People there are fighting fat to comply with a government-imposed waistline standard, as well as to ward off dreaded "metabolic syndrome" -- a combination of health risks including stomach flab, high blood pressure and high cholesterol that can lead to cardiovascular disease and diabetes.
"Japanese lawmakers last year set a maximum waistline size for anyone age 40 and older: 85centimeters (33.5 inches) for men and 90 centimeters (35.4 inches) for women."

http://digg.com/world_news/Fat_People_Now_Illegal_in_Japan_Should_Be_Easy_to_Catch

http://english.kompas.com/read/xml/2009/11/12/16305550/Being.Too.Fat.Illegal.in.Japan.Now
Re: Fat People Now Illegal In Japan (should Be Easy To Catch) by donjon: 4:28am On Nov 28, 2009
Americans need a law like this, almost a third of their population is either fat or obese.
Too much junk food
Re: Fat People Now Illegal In Japan (should Be Easy To Catch) by THEAMAKA3(f): 4:34am On Nov 28, 2009
this is stupid!!! some people are naturally fat.
what will they do? kill them?
this is really sad.
Re: Fat People Now Illegal In Japan (should Be Easy To Catch) by Nobody: 4:48am On Nov 28, 2009
Ahahhahahahahhahah!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Fat People Now Illegal In Japan (should Be Easy To Catch) by Nobody: 4:48am On Nov 28, 2009
There's nothing like naturally fat. Depends on what you eat.
Re: Fat People Now Illegal In Japan (should Be Easy To Catch) by THEAMAKA3(f): 4:50am On Nov 28, 2009
uhm no. . .
there are some people fat from childhood and their parents are fat.
they say sometimes obesity is genetic.
so how is it possible that twins are fat? and about the same weight? i highly doubt they eat the same food all the time.
Re: Fat People Now Illegal In Japan (should Be Easy To Catch) by Nobody: 4:52am On Nov 28, 2009
Eat right, you won't get fat.
Re: Fat People Now Illegal In Japan (should Be Easy To Catch) by THEAMAKA3(f): 4:58am On Nov 28, 2009
na wa ooooo, its simply not true.
there are fat people that i personally know and they dont over eat junk food and such and they eat pretty healthy, theyre just fat, and they cant help it.
theyve been fat since childhood, and its not cause of the food they eat in her house either, she is just fat.
not like "OMG! YOURE SO FAT" but she is pretty heavy.
Re: Fat People Now Illegal In Japan (should Be Easy To Catch) by SEFAGO(m): 5:01am On Nov 28, 2009
this is stupid!!! some people are naturally fat.
what will they do? kill them?
this is really sad.

Very rare for asian people- carefully consider every asian person u have met and consider how many are overweight compared to people of other races. When asians are fat it is usually because of bad diet and not because of natural causes and so I think this law is to prevent unwanted heart diseases and such.
Re: Fat People Now Illegal In Japan (should Be Easy To Catch) by Nobody: 5:01am On Nov 28, 2009
I know a teen who has been fat since childhood and guess why? She ate eba for breakfast. Poundy for lunch and amala for dinner and she is still growing fat.
Re: Fat People Now Illegal In Japan (should Be Easy To Catch) by THEAMAKA3(f): 5:03am On Nov 28, 2009
michelin89:

I know a teen who has been fat since childhood and guess why? She ate eba for breakfast. Poundy for lunch and amala for dinner and she is still growing fat.

okay, thats nice.
but its different from what i said.
the girl im talking about doesnt eat like that.
unless you werent indirectly replying to my post.

SEFAGO:

Very rare for asian people- carefully consider every asian person u have met and consider how many are overweight compared to people of other races. When asians are fat it is usually because of bad diet and not because of natural causes and so I think this law is to prevent unwanted heart diseases and such.

true.
Re: Fat People Now Illegal In Japan (should Be Easy To Catch) by Nobody: 5:05am On Nov 28, 2009
HAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

OMG!!!!!! THIS WORLD IS CRAZY!!!!!
Re: Fat People Now Illegal In Japan (should Be Easy To Catch) by Nobody: 5:07am On Nov 28, 2009
Noone is born fat. You grow to be fat.
Re: Fat People Now Illegal In Japan (should Be Easy To Catch) by THEAMAKA3(f): 5:07am On Nov 28, 2009
exactly! but such things can be caused by genetics dear.
no matter what, some genes you have will make you fat.
Re: Fat People Now Illegal In Japan (should Be Easy To Catch) by No2Atheism(m): 5:12am On Nov 28, 2009
@topic

1. I to agree with "The Amaka", some people are just born with the fat tendency irrespective of what they eat . . .

2. I notice that some fat people actually diet and watch what they eat compared to me . . .yet they still remain fat. . .

@stilly

How you dey . . . . . .  you have a slim figure . . .(you already know i have a thing for slim figures . . . but not anorexic oh . . .  shocked shocked shocked shocked . . .hell no)

My guess is that it does not really mean you are always eating healthy. . . but rather because of the genes you are born with.

So in reality . . . .i don't think its fair for you to blame all the fat people that eating makes them fat, some are just born like that.

@topic

- I am beginning to suspect that some genetic engineering is being done on Europeans and Americans in general that makes them fat, and have health problems and hence generate source of income for the health industry . . . cus to be frank . . .HEALTH INDUSTRY CANNOT MAKE MONEY FROM AN HEALTH POPULATION, THEY CAN ONLY MAKE MONEY FROM AN UNHEATHLY ONE . . .hence i would not be suprised if the bad food and general increase in obesity is being aided and abaited by some unscrupulous sets of business men or women. In order to create a constant flow of obsese citizens that are future customers of the health industry.

- What pisses me off is when Africans and Nigerians start coping the junk food culture of europeans (i used to do that too before now but i have changed) . . .instead of eating healthy african organic african foods that have not been processed.

- Processed food is part of the things creating health problems . . .

@topic

- I support what japan is doing in that . . . japan stands to lose a lot of money to health care if people get too fat . . . thus it makes financial sense to safeguard human resources by helping those people live a healthier lifestyle . . . that benefits those people and the country in the long run
Re: Fat People Now Illegal In Japan (should Be Easy To Catch) by Nobody: 5:12am On Nov 28, 2009
If you say some people are more prone to getting fat, I'll agree. Just like some others who eat a lot and don't gain a pound. However we can't abuse of the excuse that we get fat easily to neglect our bodies. It's a tougher sacrifice but it's worth all our efforts for a healthy life.

I am using myself as an example because during this period last year I was battling with weight gain. Girl I had to give up a lot to get back in shape. Now I am happy each time I see myself at the mirror. If I decided I wanted to eat normally (2000 calories a day) I'd grow fat but this is the recommended GDA. I eat less and love myself.
Re: Fat People Now Illegal In Japan (should Be Easy To Catch) by No2Atheism(m): 5:13am On Nov 28, 2009
michelin89:

If you say some people are more prone to getting fat, I'll agree. Just like some others who eat a lot and don't gain a pound. However we can't abuse of the excuse that we get fat easily to neglect our bodies. It's a tougher sacrifice but it's worth all our efforts for a healthy life.

I am using myself as an example because during this period last year I was battling with weight gain. Girl I had to give up a lot to get back in shape. Now I am happy each time I see myself at the mirror. If I decided I wanted to eat normally (2000 calories a day) I'd grow fat but this is the recommended GDA. I eat less and love myself.

- saying someone is prone to being fat . . . and saying someone is born fat . . . is still saying the same thing but with different semantics . . .

- the issue is the genes . . .
Re: Fat People Now Illegal In Japan (should Be Easy To Catch) by THEAMAKA3(f): 5:14am On Nov 28, 2009
michelin89:

it all has to do with genetics and how your metabolism works.
Re: Fat People Now Illegal In Japan (should Be Easy To Catch) by SEFAGO(m): 5:14am On Nov 28, 2009
Noone is born fat. You grow to be fat.

I agree, but as the-amaka said being obese is a very genetic issue- my brother eats a shitload of food and is as thin as a broomstick but I would expect some people who eat as much as he does to balloon up. Also it is an age issue, as you grow older you are more liable to being fat especially women.
Re: Fat People Now Illegal In Japan (should Be Easy To Catch) by Nobody: 5:15am On Nov 28, 2009
THE-AMAKA:

na wa ooooo, its simply not true.
there are fat people that i personally know and they dont over eat junk food and such and they eat pretty healthy, theyre just fat, and they cant help it.
theyve been fat since childhood, and its not cause of the food they eat in her house either, she is just fat.
not like "OMG! YOURE SO FAT" but she is pretty heavy.

Not a matter of junk food. . .if your home cooked meal is high in saturated fat you'll grow fat. Besides quantity of the food you eat also matters. And being fat since childhood is not an excuse. How active were they as kids? As kids they were disposed to eating more candy than the necessary nutrients.
Re: Fat People Now Illegal In Japan (should Be Easy To Catch) by Nobody: 5:15am On Nov 28, 2009
No2Atheism:

- saying someone is prone to being fat . . . and saying someone is born fat . . . is still saying the same thing but with different semantics . . .

- the issue is the genes . . .

It's not the same.  tongue
Re: Fat People Now Illegal In Japan (should Be Easy To Catch) by THEAMAKA3(f): 5:16am On Nov 28, 2009
stillwater:

Not a matter of junk food. . .if your home cooked meal is high in saturated fat you'll grow fat. Besides quantity of the food you eat also matters. And being fat since childhood is not an excuse. How active were they as kids? As kids they were disposed to eating more candy than the necessary nutrients.
the point is, its not always the person's fault for being fat.
sometimes its genetics, and they cant help it.
its not their fault, why are you blaming them?
Re: Fat People Now Illegal In Japan (should Be Easy To Catch) by Nobody: 5:18am On Nov 28, 2009
If you know you grow fat by eating normally, then eat less than normal or couple your nutritionn with exercizing. Even that Buffie the body is nasty to me. Promoting a junk filled ass as the in thing. undecided
Re: Fat People Now Illegal In Japan (should Be Easy To Catch) by bawomolo(m): 5:19am On Nov 28, 2009
THE-AMAKA:

that's a minority of the obese population.

Letting yourself go because of genetics is indeed an excuse. You just have to learn to work harder than others.
Re: Fat People Now Illegal In Japan (should Be Easy To Catch) by chiogo(f): 5:22am On Nov 28, 2009
I really don't believe this "some people are born fat" thingy. Yeah some people gain weight easily compared to others but I've NEVER met a fat person who doesn't eat a lot. Until it gets really bad do they do the whole diet thing.

Like duh! that doesn't mean they don't eat a lot, they just recently started dieting but the many years of over-eating has already accumulated into fat. If you know you have that slow metabolism or whatever it's called, you have to watch what you eat but unfortunately most people don't do that. That's why they get fat! Fortunately for some, they can eat anything and not gain as much weight. People have different bodies. But mba, nobody is born fat jare.
Re: Fat People Now Illegal In Japan (should Be Easy To Catch) by Nobody: 5:27am On Nov 28, 2009
This is wrong sha. . . they should make some exceptions for some people. I guess.

America should create a law ike this.

I guess I wnt be going to Japan this year. Gym, I come.
Re: Fat People Now Illegal In Japan (should Be Easy To Catch) by Nobody: 5:28am On Nov 28, 2009
No2Atheism:

@topic

1. I to agree with "The Amaka", some people are just born with the fat tendency irrespective of what they eat . . .

2. I notice that some fat people actually diet and watch what they eat compared to me . . .yet they still remain fat. . .

@stilly

How you dey . . . . . .  you have a slim figure . . .(you already know i have a thing for slim figures . . . but not anorexic oh . . .  shocked shocked shocked shocked . . .hell no)

My guess is that it does not really mean you are always eating healthy. . . but rather because of the genes you are born with.

So in reality . . . .i don't think its fair for you to blame all the fat people that eating makes them fat, some are just born like that.

@topic

- I am beginning to suspect that some genetic engineering is being on Europeans and Americans in general that makes them fat, and have health problems and hence generate source of income for the health industry . . . cus to be frank . . .HEALTH INDUSTRY CANNOT MAKE MONEY FROM AN HEALTH POPULATION, THEY CAN ONLY MAKE MONEY FROM AN UNHEATHLY ONE . . .hence i would not be suprised if the bad food and general increase in obesity is being aided and abaited by some unscrupulous sets of business men or women. In order to create a constant flow of obsese citizens that are future customers of the health industry.

- What pisses me off is when Africans and Nigerians start coping the junk food culture of europeans (i used to do that too before now but i have changed) . . .instead of eating healthy african organic african foods that have not been processed.

- Processed food is part of the things creating health problems . . .

@topic

- I support what japan is doing in that . . . japan stands to lose a lot of money to health care if people get too fat . . . thus it makes financial sense to safeguard human resources by helping those people live a healthier lifestyle . . . that benefits those people and the country in the long run

I don't blame genetics when it comes to fat. The quantity of foods fat people take is very questionable.

THE-AMAKA:

Genetics should also to blamed for people's disposition to gluttony *rolls eyes*, I can understand mothers getting fat but a young unmarried or never been pregnant woman has no excuse. If you take a skinny girl today and stuff her with food, she would grow fat, meaning, fat is one of the many things in our power we can control, using genetics is just abetting the situation.
Re: Fat People Now Illegal In Japan (should Be Easy To Catch) by Nobody: 5:30am On Nov 28, 2009
chiogo:

I really don't believe this "some people are born fat" thingy. Yeah some people gain weight easily compared to others but I've NEVER met a fat person who doesn't eat a lot. Until it gets really bad do they do the whole diet thing.

Like duh! that doesn't mean they don't eat a lot, just recently started dieting but the many years of over-eating has already accumulated into fat. If you know you have that slow metabolism or whatever it's called, you have to watch what you eat but unfortunately most people they don't do that. That's why they get fat! Fortunately for some, they can eat anything and not gain as much weight. People have different bodies. But mba, nobody is born fat jare.

Thank you!!!
Re: Fat People Now Illegal In Japan (should Be Easy To Catch) by Busybody2(f): 5:33am On Nov 28, 2009
Fat can also be caused by genetics, hypothroidism, problem with the adrenal gland, a slow metabolism, lack of sleep, or a great deal of many medical problems, it is false to generalise that it can be cured once overeating stops undecided And scientists have been discovering FAT GENES AND MEANS OF HOW TO CURB IT AND PREVENT IT FROM BEING OVERSTIMULATED, THIS IS A PUBLIC PLACE SO PEOPLE SHOULD TONE DOWN THEIR IGNORANCE, SHEESH cool

Besides, the OP's post is only applicable to people over the age of 40, phew cheesy
Re: Fat People Now Illegal In Japan (should Be Easy To Catch) by No2Atheism(m): 5:36am On Nov 28, 2009
@stillwater

its easier for you to say because you have a great figure . . .

Nevertheless what i am trying to say is that:

- Yes it is true a significant number of fat people tend to over eat . . .
- Yes it is true that cutting down on the amount and type of food helps to tackle fatness.
- Nonetheless it is also true that there are some people that eating little and changing their type of food (almost to the point of starvation) tends to have very little impact on the body's fat content.
Re: Fat People Now Illegal In Japan (should Be Easy To Catch) by Nobody: 5:39am On Nov 28, 2009
Busy_body:

Fat can also be caused by genetics, hypothroidism, problem with the adrenal gland, a slow metabolism, lack of sleep, or a great deal of many medical problems, it is false to generalise that it can be cured once overeating stops undecided And scientists have been discovering FAT GENES AND MEANS OF HOW TO CURB IT AND PREVENT IT FROM BEING OVERSTIMULATED, THIS IS A PUBLIC PLACE SO PEOPLE SHOULD TONE DOWN THEIR IGNORANCE, SHEESH cool

Besides, the OP's post is only applicable to people over the age of 40, phew cheesy

Haahaaa Busybody's fat!!!! tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

No2Atheism:

@stillwater

its easier for you to say because you have a great figure . . .

Nevertheless what i am trying to say is that:

- Yes it is true a significant number of fat people tend to over eat . . .
- Yes it is true that cutting down on the amount and type of food helps to tackle fatness.
- Nonetheless it is also true that there are some people that eating little and changing their type of food (almost to the point of starvation) tends to have very little impact on the body's fat content.

That's like 1 in a thousand. tongue
Re: Fat People Now Illegal In Japan (should Be Easy To Catch) by Jakumo(m): 5:46am On Nov 28, 2009
IF one is not TOO LAZY to exercise, then one will not become fat.     A law like this new anti-fat one in Japan would do a WORLD of good in the United States AND in Nigeria, where revolting fat asses are so common as to constitute a PLAGUE on the landscape.

If I were a military dictator, fat folks would be herded into giant halls full of treadmills and exercise bikes, and FORCED to exercise by teams of bullwhip wielding overseers, until such time as they lost all that disgusting blubber.

Pump iron and the world will turn.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Between Rev Fr Ejike Mbaka And Other Prophets Who Is A True Man Of God? / Celebration In Imo As Rochas Emerges The Winner Of Governorship Election(photos) / Meet Governor Fayose's Handsome Son Nigba Fayose(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.