Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,043 members, 7,799,527 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:59 PM

Confused On Whether To Ask A Girl Out Using The Local Tongue Or Using English - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Confused On Whether To Ask A Girl Out Using The Local Tongue Or Using English (481 Views)

Girl With Weird Tongue Causes A Stir Online / Meet Yagya Bahadur Katuwal Who Can Lick His Forehead With His Tongue (Photos) / Frsc: Wearing Of Earphones Or Using Bluetooth While Driving, Now An Offense (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Confused On Whether To Ask A Girl Out Using The Local Tongue Or Using English by 2nqey: 11:28am On Jan 21, 2017
Okay Nairalanders, there is this girl I like at my workplace but the challenge is I don't know if I should ask her out using the local tongue or I speak to her using English.

The reason is cos we've both heard each other speak in the local tongue and she has heard me speak in English when I am around my boss or when I am around new people in the office.

I don't wanna ask her out using the local tongue and she be like "daaammmnn this neegga Local" or I ask her out with English and she be like "why this neegga forming".

The thing is I myself don't think it's normal asking a girl out using the local tongue tho, it feels so awkward to me.

LOL
Re: Confused On Whether To Ask A Girl Out Using The Local Tongue Or Using English by Nobody: 11:48am On Jan 21, 2017
grin

There's nothing wrong asking a girl using ur native dialect... Besides, it's more sweet I guess..
Re: Confused On Whether To Ask A Girl Out Using The Local Tongue Or Using English by 2nqey: 12:00pm On Jan 21, 2017
I know but its just so weird lol
TrapQueen77:
grin

There's nothing wrong asking a girl using ur native dialect... Besides, it's more sweet I guess..
Re: Confused On Whether To Ask A Girl Out Using The Local Tongue Or Using English by Patriisi(m): 7:40pm On Jan 21, 2017
Why it would be a problem, you being a local? It might feel weird but I'm sure your feel isn't based on any real problem.

I'm sure you can convey your wanting to go out with her despite language.

(1) (Reply)

This Lady Survived An Accident On Her Way To Her Convocation. / Starting Up As A Bead Designer. / Sapele On Fire... No Light No Bill.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.