Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,034 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:49 AM

America's Stealth Nuclear Bomber B-2, Bombs 100 ISIS Members In Libya. - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / America's Stealth Nuclear Bomber B-2, Bombs 100 ISIS Members In Libya. (887 Views)

Egypt Parliament Approves Military Intervention In Libya / Bombs Hit Syria's Ghouta. Many Dead (Graphics Photos) / US Drops The "Mother Of All Bombs" In Afghanistan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

America's Stealth Nuclear Bomber B-2, Bombs 100 ISIS Members In Libya. by cstr55: 6:24pm On Jan 21, 2017
[b]US B-2 bombers struck and destroyed two ISIS camps in Libya overnight, with initial estimates that over 80 militants were killed, US officials told CNN Thursday.
The strikes were on external actors who were actively "plotting attacks in Europe," Secretary of Defense Ash Carter told reporters.

The mission was approved several days ago by President Barack Obama and is expected to be the last short-notice military operation ordered by him, according to sources.
"The fighters training in these camps posed a security risk to Libya, to its neighbors, to our allies in Africa and Europe, and to the United States," Pentagon spokesman Peter Cook told reporters. "While we are still evaluating the results of the strikes, the initial assessment indicates they were successful."
US defense official said the militants were seen immediately beforehand carrying weapons, wearing tactical vests, holding mortars and standing in formation.
The Department of Defense showed reporters a rare video of surveillance footage of the ISIS fighters as they loaded what appeared to be shells and rocket-propelled grenades into pick-up trucks. A second video showing the camps being bombed was also shown.
The number killed was not released by the Pentagon, but the first estimate put the figure at over 80. There were no women or children in the area, the official said.
Cook described the camps as being in a "very rural area."
US surveillance aircraft had been watching the sites for weeks as fighters fled from Sirte on the coastline into what they perceived to be the safety of remote desert areas. But the isolation of the area gave those surveillance aircraft clear imagery showing military-aged males in several reas, according to officials.
The two camps that were destroyed were located about 28 miles southwest of Sirte, the Pentagon said.
Cook said the strike was carried out by two US Air Force B-2 Spirit bombers flying from Whiteman Air Force Base, Missouri, a 30-plus hour roundtrip mission, and that over 100 bombs and missiles were dropped on the targets. It was the first time the aircraft were used in an attack since 2011.
http://www.military.com/daily-news/2017/01/20/b2-stealth-bombers-strike-isis-militants-libya-pentagon.html
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/01/19/b-2-bombers-strike-isis-in-libya.html[/b]

Re: America's Stealth Nuclear Bomber B-2, Bombs 100 ISIS Members In Libya. by cstr55: 6:25pm On Jan 21, 2017

These badass fighter jets have been acting as a sole nuclear striker and just sitting, waiting for world war 3. I like the idea of fitting it with normal conventional non-nuclear munitions to keep it warm and active cheesy.
God bless America.
Re: America's Stealth Nuclear Bomber B-2, Bombs 100 ISIS Members In Libya. by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jan 21, 2017
cstr55:

These badass fighter jets have been acting as a sole nuclear striker and just sitting, waiting for world war 3. I like the idea of fitting it with normal conventional non-nuclear munitions to keep it warm and active.
God bless America.

I tell u, I respect this radar-evading fighter jet.
Re: America's Stealth Nuclear Bomber B-2, Bombs 100 ISIS Members In Libya. by cstr55: 6:56pm On Jan 21, 2017
B2Spirits:

lol. Nice username.
The aeronautical design of the wings and aethestics is just mind-blowing ,with more allowance for air friction and viscosity. A sharp deviation from the old engineering order, which shows why America is a pace-setter when it comes to anything that flies.
Re: America's Stealth Nuclear Bomber B-2, Bombs 100 ISIS Members In Libya. by leofab(f): 9:59pm On Jan 21, 2017
Nice one
Re: America's Stealth Nuclear Bomber B-2, Bombs 100 ISIS Members In Libya. by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jan 21, 2017
B2Spirits:

If only your Pentagon Generals would man up & instruct the USAF to fly the B-2Spirit over Kaliningrad or even Syria where the S-400 is constantly scouting for intruding flying scrap-metals; only then can we really ascertain whether or not the B-2Spirit evades radar. grin cheesy grin

4 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Trump Orders Construction Of Border Wall, Boosts Deportation Force / How Would Africa Look Like Without Islam ? / BREAKING: Akufo-addo Re-elected As Ghana President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.